• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll read this tomorrow. I'm far too tired now. I will edit this to a proper comment tomorrow.

But nice to see an update. This is one of the reasons I still hang around here. I'm beginning to lose my enthusiasm. There's no good AAR's going on anymore. Almost.

Maybe we'll never find out where it is exactly and it's just this weird, fascinating story and Iain Wilson's maniacal laughing at our futile efforts to guess where this is taking place? ;)

I kind of doubt that the fellow on the roof will actually use that knife like a common crook. There must be something intriguing and insane behind it, and that scenario just doesn't sound like it fits the bill very well.

Nice attempt at a cliffhanger though :)
(Just too bad the audience is a bit blasé about it. Sorry :p)

Could our 'jumper' be up there to escape from someone who he feels is pursuing him? Maybe a link back to the first part of our story?

I am as thrown as everyone else by the location. Not helped by the fact that I keep on picturing John & Jeremiah on the old Cornmarket building the marketplace of Banbury (a town in north Oxfordshire that is not that far from our author's location).

Excellent writing.

Still an excellent read. Keep it up.