"The Slammer" Update for Prison Architect is Now Live! + Hotfix Sep. 24th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurespecter

Influencer Manager
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
HalfWidthBanner-451x230px.jpg

• Deployment Overhaul:
    • Deployment context presentation and visuals improved. Now you can see your prison!
    • You can now assign Armed Guards and Dog Handlers to patrols and zones.
    • You can now have 2 different intersecting patrol routes.
    • Patrol routes and zones can now be prioritized, to ensure your most important areas are manned first.
  • New Items, Floors, Walls
    • New Walls & Doors: Yutani Wall (Sci Fi), Visitor's Door, Secure Door (with a flap to deliver food trays to prisoners inside a cell), coloured Fence Gates.
    • New Floors: Mud, Grate, and Solaco (Sci Fi - goes great with the Yutani Wall).
    • New Objects: Table (Small) Bench (Small), Bleachers, Bush, Trees (Snowy Conifer, Palm), Lights (Flood Light, Street Light, Wall Light), Shower Pillar, Ironing Board (Small), Office Chair, Door Mat.
    • New furniture such as new chairs, short benches, short tables will fulfill room requirements.
    • New Jungle plot and Snowbound plot options added, to start a new prison on.
  • Keyboard hot-keys added for cycling through options in in-game item menus ([Z] and [X]), and for closing menus ([C]).
  • Rotations for more of the existing objects and furniture that didn't have them (Workshop Saw, Press, Roadgate, Ironing Board, Altar, Bench).
  • New Moving/Relocating Objects feature. Just double-click an object, re-position, and a Worker will do the rest.
  • Staff and Dog names added.
  • New Bureaucracy researched option. When starting a new game, you can begin with everything researched.
  • Additional x10 game speed button.
  • Filters and sort-by options added to the Objects menu.
  • Metal detector searches now search both the inmate and the box they’re carrying.
  • New context-sensitive quick “Add Doors” function, to any wall. Just double-click on a solid wall.
  • Prison cleanliness mutator option "Reduce Dirt Build Up".
  • Security Camera artwork now indicate the direction they're pointing.
  • New quick menu links from the top HUD bar. Clicking on 'Danger', 'Days', 'Balance', Guards, etc. all launch various UIs.
  • Clone tool region increased in size.
  • Added code that will allow modders to specify menu sprites for any of their objects, enabling modders to attach any image to an object.
  • The Mutators (menu) can now be accessed and adjusted mid-game. This is handy for players who wish to turn off/on Mutators in other player's prisons.
  • Added Hedge rounded end pieces, and improved all hedges to look better with shadows and when doors are built on them.
  • Ability to search for Objects via a specific room, in the Objects menu text box. E.g. type "Yard" to filter and show all Yard objects.
  • "New!" yellow star icons now display for any newly added features.
  • Prisoners & Staff can now be seen by CCTV cameras in Warden Mode.
  • Logistics context presentation and visuals improved. Now you can see your prison.
  • Fixed an issue where the Water Boiler was not connecting to water pipes (due it being damaged or moved).
  • If you fire staff while the game is paused, only the first staff member that was clicked on will now be fired.
  • Guards/Snipers in Guard Towers are now protected from the weather/rain (as if they were indoors).
  • At shower time prisoners will now correctly prioritize communal shower rooms, before cuing to use another prisoner’s cell shower.
  • The tooltip instruction for the Room Clearing functioning has been added to the Rooms Tooltip.
  • When building Quick Rooms, Cell doors are now kept open until the room is completed, to allow workers to enter and finish the room.
  • Doors are moved from the Objects menu and into the "Walls & Doors" menu.
  • Fix: Moving electrical utility items will now spawn new wires.
  • Fix: The correct Warden sprite shows in the staff reports screen.
  • Fix: Certain advanced items are now counted in a Grant's requirements (e.g. Visitor booths instead of Tables).
  • Snipers now carry Jail Keys, enabling them to get around the prison and into the Armory easier.
  • The Bookshelf now caters to the prisoner's "Literacy" Need a bit. A green zone displays its area-of-effect.
  • Guards operating certain stations will not participate (leave their station) in prison searches or Shakedowns.
  • Guards will now open doors for separated dogs. If for example the dog's handler is killed.
  • New Guard Pavillion towers are unlocked for players who sign up for a Paradox account.
  • Added support for PDX Launcher on startup
  • Added a Borderless Fullscreen Mode option, which is also changeable via the PDX Launcher.
  • The Main Menu now included a page system for our dev updates. Allowing us to keep previous/older updates, and tell you all about the latest additions and improvements.
  • Added a Screen Display option for players with multiple monitors, which is also hooked into the PDX Launcher.
  • New screenshot mode available as a game option, in the Options Menu. Toggle On/Off by holding [H] and pressing [Enter].
  • Fixed an issue where sprinklers were showing healing animation when triggered.
UPDATE: New Hotfix is now live - September 24th
  • Wall Lights now auto-connect to power, like standard lights.
  • New menu filters (e.g., A-Z) will now save the filter settings used, per menu.
  • Need levels for Supermax prisoners will now show correctly in the Needs menu.
  • Supermax prisoners will no longer steal a large number of keys.
  • Snipers will no longer fire in fully automatic mode after firing warning shots in Escape Mode.
  • Pavilions and Sniper towers now provide Warmth.
  • Guards posted to Pavilions now go to staff room/staff canteen when on their break.
  • When patrolling the Pavilions, Guard speed is now slightly faster than Patrolling Guards.
  • Fixed an issue that caused guards getting stuck when unassigned from a Guard Pavilion.
  • Armed Guards will no longer leave their pavilions when loading a save file.
  • Pavilions are now displaying properly for both the Host and the Client in Multiplayer.
  • Guards will not attempt to enter an already assigned Pavilion.
  • Dead guards in a Pavilion will no longer patrol.
  • Guards stationed on Pavilion can no longer be reached, damaged or killed by inmates on the ground. Additionally, if the guard goes after the attacking prisoner, they exit the Pavilion and return when the attacker is subdued
  • Fixed an issue where inmates had stopped taking books from the Library, preventing them from fulfilling their Literacy need.
  • Requiring unsupported libraries will no longer crash the game on Linux.
  • Fixed an issue that caused parts of the player's plans to disappear when the foundations were being built.
  • Windowed Borderless option is now corrected to same output as Monitor full-screen resolution.
  • Fixed an issue that caused guards getting stuck when going on a break to a staff room or a staff canteen.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some items to stretch when moved.
  • Road Barriers can no longer be rotated vertically.
Changelog:
25/09/2019:
"Wall Lights and Street Lamps now auto-connect to power, like standard lights." was changed to "Wall Lights now auto-connect to power, like standard lights."

The Slammer Hotfix 1.03 Changelog
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Linux players from starting the launcher because of graphical settings.
  • Installation failure messages should now provide more meaningful information than a single error code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Hey! Thank you! Thats looking like a big and great update with a lot of quality of life features as well!

Would be great if you could use the forum to keep us up to date with your streams/Dev Posts, as right now they are splitted so its kinda hard to keep up to date with your plans. Pls keep up the features and news!

The Linux version doesn't seem to launch by default due to a missing library.

Here is the error message when executing the 64-bit executable from the command line:

~/.../common/Prison Architect >>> ./PrisonArchitect.x86_64
./PrisonArchitect.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I fixed this by installing the libsndio-61-compat package from the AUR. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libsndio-61-compat/

I recommend you include this library with the game since otherwise the game does not run at all (unless this is just an issue with me and libsndio is actually included or present elsewhere)

Still doesn't work with two monitors, I've literally tried fullscreen, borderless fullscreen and windowed and it just copies the game to the both monitors and can't press anything, all the input goes to the second monitor. I've tried selecting the monitors from the launcher and no luck. I guess the only way to play is with one monitor atm

Awesome! Thank you for the free update.

Does the Guard Pavillon offer shelter like the Guard/Sniper Towers do now? (Would only make sense.)

Also, since I didn't play yet, did you implement multiple rotation sprites for Staff- and Visitor Doors?

It would be nice if these front page diaries could name the game in the title. I've noticed this has not been happening with some games, and it's a PITA.

"Yutani"... I have a space jockey in my pants right now !
I did not launched the game but definitely will in two minutes. I can tell you that if we have some Giger-inspired set of objects, I will not sleep tonight ! haha

So cool to see the game still updated after all this time, thanks devs !! :)

This new launcher broke my game. When I press play on Launcher the game just quits.

Edit 1: Bypassed the launcher in the Steamfiles and it runs again.
Edit 2: If this works, dont uninstall/reinstall the game (like I did). I can no longer bypass the launcher by starting the game in the steamfiles. Result? I can no longer play this game.
Edit 3: Praise the existence of 'Safe mode'. It runs for me there.

Last edited:
Does this fix armed guard behavior when shooting through gates/jjail walls? Even on free fire they'd often not engage or try to leave their cages to get a shot.
This seems to have fixed the snipers not going into their towers! Thank you!
cons are it seems to run slower on my big (860 man) prison.

The launcher is broken on Linux (debian 10) for whatever reason.

EDIT:
Apparently, after launching it in debug mode, it looks like the "settings.json" file is missing from the launcher folder, which is at the current time ~/.paradoxlauncher.
What should go in that file? Does anyone have a template?
The launcher doesn't work for any of the games that use it by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.