"The Slammer" Update for Prison Architect is Now Live! + Hotfix Sep. 24th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the secret gift because that outline you sent me in the mail, I can't find anything that looks remotely like that in this thread and I guess this is the slammer update that you had to check out in order to get it?

Am I missing something or is my game broken? Unlocked patrols through research, however there is no assign to patrol options available anymore in deployment. I can assign guards, dog handlers and regular guards to areas, but no patrols. Any thoughts? Running the game without mods.

Attachments

• 2019_09_20_12_02_41_Prison_Architect.png
    2019_09_20_12_02_41_Prison_Architect.png
    787,2 KB · Views: 72
Am I missing something or is my game broken? Unlocked patrols through research, however there is no assign to patrol options available anymore in deployment. I can assign guards, dog handlers and regular guards to areas, but no patrols. Any thoughts? Running the game without mods.

Look above the buttons...

In that little interface, you have two tabs, one of them is called Patrols.

With the new update PA started to run a lot slower on my PC.

I have a mac and previously I ran the game quite well on it. Now I can't use any mods. And even without them my FPS is around 15.

So what's the secret gift because that outline you sent me in the mail, I can't find anything that looks remotely like that in this thread and I guess this is the slammer update that you had to check out in order to get it?
Also looking for this secret?

I suspect what the email means is you have to go check out the game itself, not these patch notes.

For what it's worth, it's the Guard Pavilion mentioned above.

Last edited:
I suspect what the email means is you have to go check out the game itself, not these patch notes.

Ah, "gift" seems more like something given to individuals than just having extra content that wasn't listed in the patch notes or something.

Correct! the gift is a new item that you get for making a Paradox account. Probably could've been worded better, haha. Hope you guys like the update!

And we appreciate your patience with some of these bugs, and the giant office chairs

I'm really happy for the update, and I realize it's difficult to test updates for a very complex game like PA thoroughly.
However, I think you could do a better job before releasing. I guess it's less buggy than the last update, which is good, but not good enough.

I feel like building foundation deleting or braking your planning (walls) should have come up during testing... which is just one example.

Anyway, don't take this the wrong way, I'm sure you'll fix the bugs, and am VERY happy about the updates in general.

hello i've a question, i have an old version of this game, how can i update it? My last version of this game is before the game going to paradox
You need to get a Steam key from the vendor you bought from in the first place.

Is anyone else getting huge memory leaks with this update? Granted I was playing for five hours straight, but by the time I tried to exit the game, the program was stuttering like crazy and my computer nearly locked up. I've never had issues running the game for this long on my rig before.

Status
Not open for further replies.