• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
that was a quick but nice AAR!

Another fantastic AAR! The space clown line almost made me spit up my beverage. :)

Wasn't expecting it to be quite so... brief, but at least I managed to kick Great Britain out of India and become a GP. A few more years and I probably could have formed India.

You should try the Divergences alternate history mod for another AAR.

*downloads and checks out the mod*

Hm, could make for an interesting game. I'll definitely consider doing a Divergences AAR.

*downloads and checks out the mod*

Hm, could make for an interesting game. I'll definitely consider doing a Divergences AAR.

Yeah, pretty much everywhere is interesting. Japan, One of the weaker Chinese states, south, or north India, Persia, Russia, Austria, Hungary, Illyria, anywhere in North America.

Are you going to make a habit of hitting the time limit during an important war when you're making an AAR? :p

Was a fun (and quick!) read, shame you didn't manage to form India. I think that Indian independence event hurt you more than helped, really.

Are you going to make a habit of hitting the time limit during an important war when you're making an AAR? :p

...yes. Cliffhanger wars shall be my defining AAR habit. :D

Was a fun (and quick!) read, shame you didn't manage to form India. I think that Indian independence event hurt you more than helped, really.

Yeah, it probably did more harm than good, but... eh, them's the breaks.

Short but oh so sweet, a very engrossing read. Bravo for the AAR title (little surprise you had so many flu and cholera events after picking such a title though!).

January 9th, 1844 - Sikkim makes itself a target for invasion when it bugs me for an alliance yet again.

Early March, 1844 - ...Sikkim really wants to be invaded.

They really need to add a 'Give a Smacking to a Small, Annoying State Ever Asking for an Alliance' casus belli to the game.

Good stuff, just a pity to see this end so quickly!

Short but oh so sweet, a very engrossing read. Bravo for the AAR title (little surprise you had so many flu and cholera events after picking such a title though!).

'twas a bit of a callback to my previous AAR. Sick Man of Europe and all that.

And I always get a bunch of cholera & flu events with the Sikh Empire. In one (aborted) attempt way back when, I had so many disease events that I lost an... appreciable... portion of the Sikh Empire's 2.7million adult males. It was downright absurd.

They really need to add a 'Give a Smacking to a Small, Annoying State Ever Asking for an Alliance' casus belli to the game.

Good stuff, just a pity to see this end so quickly!

Yeah, those microstates constantly bugging me got on my nerves. Ican understand why they were doing that, though. I was the most powerful state in the area, so it's only natural that weaker states would seek my protection.

Dang, I never did invade those countries, did I?

'twas a bit of a callback to my previous AAR. Sick Man of Europe and all that.

And I always get a bunch of cholera & flu events with the Sikh Empire. In one (aborted) attempt way back when, I had so many disease events that I lost an... appreciable... portion of the Sikh Empire's 2.7million adult males. It was downright absurd.

Yeah, those microstates constantly bugging me got on my nerves. Ican understand why they were doing that, though. I was the most powerful state in the area, so it's only natural that weaker states would seek my protection.

Dang, I never did invade those countries, did I?

Obviously, you would as soon as you formed India.

Obviously, you would as soon as you formed India.

Of course. Nothing better to test out the might of a unified subcontinent than to invade the almost invincible Sikkim. Surely that invasion would be the war to end all wars.

Anyway, I've decided on what country I'll be playing for my next AAR--Persia. Just... need a good title. Only ones I've been able to come up with are...

Lion and Sun
Heirs of Cyrus
Please don't kill me, Russia
One More Step in my Evil Plan to Fill an Entire Page of the Forums with my AARs

It'll take me a while to adjust to the APD portion of Divergences, so that'll probably be the one after Persia. After a break, of course, because I'd rather not clutter things up.

So, either of the two non-joke titles strike any of your guys' fancy?

As much as I know you were disappointed not to form India, it was actually interesting to see all those Indian states arise after the British evacuation. And you managed to become a GP right before the end, so those two count as a partial victory to me!

I like the title "Please don't kill me, Russia".

Oh, wait, you mean that's one of the joke titles? It seems pretty serious to me... :p
(I also like Heirs of Cyrus)

"One More Step in my Evil Plan to Fill an Entire Page of the Forums with my AARs" For me :D

This should help motivate you to start your Persian AAR:

You've just been named Weekly AAR Showcase! Congratulations! :)

This should help motivate you to start your Persian AAR:

You've just been named Weekly AAR Showcase! Congratulations! :)

I have? Well, that's... unexpected. Not unwelcome, though. Thank you.

Guess I'm going to have to up my AAR reading, so I can find a successor.

That was a very riveting Sikh Empire AAR!

I read through it tonight and your progress looks great, even if you didn't manage to form India! Someday, someday you will! :)

Thanks for posting this AAR.