• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
Chapter I: The Endgame

Oddly enough, I got the idea of making this an AAR in the middle of the playthrough. It might be of your interest that this is NOT a HPP gameplay. And it’s not even FtM. Yeah, it is 4.02 vanilla TFH, Winter War scenario.

Well, and what is going on? I kick Soviet's ass!

xnm5.jpg

And despite having only a single binary division of cavalry as my most mobile unit, I can still overrun two triangular Soviet infantry divisions. Yay!

9ans.jpg

Yeah, that’s how it happens! Note that Nenonen’s division is already going south to support the final push on Leningrad...

ofvw.jpg

I don’t exactly know why I’ve taken this screenshot, but I think I just wanted to show you I’ve won the battle with 93% odds of winning from the previous one or...

I don’t know.

fx73.jpg

Why would you be encircled? You have like two Siberias behind your arse...

anqo.jpg

Oh look, six divisions going into the very same province. My bet goes on the cavalry to get there first.

0duh.jpg

I’m sorry about that I forgot to take the screenshot when the cavalry reached Sheltozero. Anyway, this screenshot, the previous one and yes, even the one before the previous one are fake. Why?

4hcg.jpg

Because this cavalry division couldn’t get its sorry ass to Leningrad BEFORE 1ST JUNE 0:00!!11!1!!1!1!!

egd9.jpg

That’s right ladies and gentlemen; the scenario ends exactly at 0:00 on 1st June of 1940. But I won’t cope with it...

On the 24th of May 1940, Soviets surrender!

33zx.jpg

Wait, what? Soviets surrender after taking Leningrad?!

But it says “Fascism World Order”!

n4cw.jpg

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little comedy of mine, but this way I wanted to thank you for a nice year on the Paradox forum (though I don’t sit here 24/7). It’s a joy to be here and read AARs, write AARs, discuss my life in my AARs :)glare:)... and ultimately, play hardcore strategy games in times of “first-personshooter-inazition”.

So thanks again, Paradoxians!

P.S. Yeah, it was timed on 23:59 :p

Why does it actually say fascism because IRL Finland has never been fascist but still on Germany's side.

It's part of the Axis, which is historically incorrect.

Yeah, it's just the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" rule, which caused rather funny situations like USA ending up in Comintern forever :D

It's a bit about opinion because Finns never wanted to be shown as an axis country in case they lose, but still they kinda were. But Mannerheim when he heard about German strenghts in 1942 said that they will lose so...
In my opinion Finland did what it did but it was the best decision with the knowledge they had back then. And actually the president Ryti who was the president during the war has been voted to be the second greatest Finn in history because he did make an agreement with Germans but kinda tricked them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryti–Ribbentrop_Agreement