• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Standartenführer

SS equilvilant to colonel (oberst) that's too hard too remember and spell.
(Had too look it up)

I think the Russians won't know what hit them in 1945...

...eagerly and patiently waiting for your invasion of Russia, in 1945!

Dr Death said:
I think the Russians won't know what hit them in 1945...

...eagerly and patiently waiting for your invasion of Russia, in 1945!

And the march of the Reich will comence: To Warsaw, Kiev, Minsk, Smolensk, Kharkov, Leningrad, Moscow, Baku, Svedlorsk, Chelyabinsk and farther. I just don't know when the armies of the Reich will go on this perilous journey, perhaps when I have some spare time to play the game...

...school, sports, homework, and still having time to write this. :D

TheEnlighted1 said:
Standartenführer

SS equilvilant to colonel (oberst) that's too hard too remember and spell.
(Had too look it up)

SS-Oberführer is some kind of oberst, too, and it's easier to spell. :D

@ DvD-IT: I can only imagine bad things and death for poor soldiers with Hitler in charge. When will the magnificent all knowing fuhrer realize he's not a good military strategist?

@ Kurt_Steiner: SS-Oberführer, so that is easier than the other one, I still like 'Herr' Oberst, but for the SS I guess I can make do with SS-Oberfuhrer...

...Thanks. :D

All Quiet on the Eastern Front

The Fields of Red

350px-Siberian_plain.jpg

It was growing dark, the sun setting and a light misty fog was rolling in over from the hills. A scene could be seen, black boots were rushing through the fields of red flowers all facing down, the feet were moving at an astounishing rate, over the hills there was no noise, a lone abadoned German Tiger tank stood at the top facing down towards the man in the black boots, it was like a statue.

The soldier continued to run, his helmet straps clinging angainst his face and his eyes fixed on one position, that position is one that not even God himseld knew, twisting and turning and looking frantically around the fields, his face was growing nervous all could tell only no one was there to see it, he droped down onto his knees and began too cough. He looked up, the temperature was quick too drop as the day soon gave way too night, insects lifted from the dirt and soon circled the air all-around. The soldier glanced quickly from his knees to his right, he had heard a noise that caught his attention, he dropped his backpack from his shoulders to the ground pulling out a pen and a paper already filled with scribbles and words. Afterwards the man got up, his face stained with fresh mud, a red mark of open flesh stained his left shoulder, by the appearence of his uniform and helmet the soldier was German not Russian. He pulled a cross of christ out from beneathe his shirt, pulled it up and kissed it and placed it back, getting up to his feet he moved to the noise coming from over the ridge.

He slowly dragged his body with two feet towards that direction, he paused halfway up and looked at the tank that came to dominate the battlefield and from an old farmhouse miles away stood two allumnated figures on a hill, one rather small and human shaped wavering in the wind, the other a larger man-made object that would catch anyone's attention if drawn to looking that way. He made his way to the front of the tank and took off his helmet and placed it on the base and looked down into the small ridge-valley below, the noise could still be heard. He looked percularly down squinting his eyes in the process, he slung out from its strap around his shoulder his rifle, his fingers firmly on the bolt.

He walked down the hill and pulled the bolt back releasing the spent cartridge possibly hours or days old, cocked back the bolt into position and the next cartridge was set, he calmly paused halfway down the sun now all but gone, little light remained and the fog was closing in, the temperature falling rapidly. The man could see his own breathe as he exhaled and began too shiver in the sub 50 degree weather during the so-called Russian September. He began to breathe deeply and turned about face and began too walk back towards the old German tank, his attention was caught yet again, no longer the noise but grass movement.

He turned back and behind him, only five or so feet another soldier appeared out of the brush, his face was young... be the looks no more than twenty-years old. Could it be? No. Problem, the German looked at a young Russian conscript that had pulled himself out of the grass, his hat was stained red, his face cut-up and bleeding slowly. His blood ran from the top corner of his right eye down his face, the warm red blood stood out on the Russian soldier's dirty face, he looked back at the soldier litterly standing ontop of him, he could see face-to-face, eye-to-eye.

Blue eyes with a rifle stood staring into the shivering brown eyes of a frightend young soldier, his arms slowly began to raise into the air, the sun finally set behind them... little light remained to allow sight on the fields. The German could see the fear within his opponents eyes for he once had the same look before at the plains of Kursk. The sky faded black the scene flashed out, slowly descending away was the light -- so to faded the figures of the two men, farther and farther it seemed. A black figure no both of them, the one to the direct right was taller as the German was still standing and the Russian still kneeling. Unseen from all but the two the Russian soldier smiled.

Out from away, seen from the deserted tank the man on the right whipped out his rifle and aimed it at the other man, a large bang and flash of yellow-gold light could be seen, followed by the slow fall of another figure, the Russian. The German turned his head and walked away, headed for the tank to take shelter for the night, only one man was left standing, in the brush the other finally fell into the depths were he once was. The German began to climb the tank and slipped inside. Now no figure could be seen, the last shot was fired in the night, a miss -- a purpose miss.

The Russian got up terrified and trembling and alone and shivering walked back hoping his lines were somewhere behind him were he would be welcomed for on the battlefield no one is welcome.

Fantastic writting yet again, the image can be seen as if it were on the TV. Great work!

@ Dr Death: Thanks, though I don't think I can write at a level where you can see images as if on TV.

@ Enewald: I pray to God and Hitler prays to himself, that would be the day. As for the game I've not yet started the invasion yet, so busy now I really have little time, and the spare time I have I roam AARland posting and commenting.

Interlude

Meanwhile...

... You can all wonder what these pictures will have on the future impact of the game.

WNBR_18-45_mk2_Painting.jpg

300px-USS_United_States.jpg

I like bigger and better boats... I mean ships! :D

Bigger, badder, and far more powerful ships. This is awe inspiring- sort of.

The Kreigsmarine will be untouchable.

Super heavy or Advanced Super heavy BB's?

@ Enewald: The navy is hiding in the secured docks of Lubeck away from the Allied Carriers and the Kreigsmarine (Renamed from the Baltic Fleet with the Tirpirtz) is also in dry docks waiting to hit the seas against the Red Navy. Many new submarines are also being built to join the navy. I personally don't think subs are useless, if used correctly to strangle areas. They can also be very deadly and powerful in ship battles if you have enough and don't run into those pescky DD's and CL's.

@ Dr Death: Far bigger and way more powerful, the next Bismark is going to leave the old one in the dust and make the Tirpirtz look like a tin-can. Not even the Yamato can compare with this new German-ingenuity.

@ The Pippen: The Kreigsmarine is still alive, its just going under a major re-armament stage so they can finally strangle the UK to pieces and match them in a head-on-engagment.

All Quiet on the Eastern Front

Chronicles of the Vaterland

Lehr-CA-04.jpg

"God has a way of hiding things, he makes choice, knows the outcomes of wars and battles, lives and years, anything a mere man can only imagine. For one this day the wives of men and soldiers of the German Reich can only wonder what side God is truly on. No longer are the glorious soldiers of the Wehrmacht staying deep inside the steppes of Russia, no longer are the pilots of the Luftwaffe flying in the sky. Today the once proud soldiers of the invincible thousand year reich stand and halt, listen and follow orders, not from their beloved fuhrer in the Reichstag but from their respected commanders on the front. As the Russians leap forward they approach our camps at the dawn of nights, we look up at the man on horseback, he calmly asked for a surrender, that when accepted all the men may be soon to return home. No I say with a vengence, come if you may, for when you come it will be your last. As in mankind and history, wars and battles are easily forgotten but for us, us precious few who stand here today, us precious few who have and will fight and die will achieve a victory that all mankind will remember. Us precious few, us band of brothers, and when are grandchildren look back upon this day and remember such a victory was won not by me the officer but by you the soldier, the commoner will look back and remember the glorious Thousand Year Reich! Us precious few us band of brothers, for we won such a victory -- Upon this day!

"Look back, look at what comes ahead, it's alright to be afraid for it only means that you're human, a gift from God. No human is never afraid, he who says lies, for I too am with you, no longer will we see the days of the sun, no longer may must see the rise of the new sun, can anyone realize what has happened here? I say yes, look to the west and the east and find your place in the imperishable kingdom of heaven, no longer do we fight for the fuhrer, or for the fatherland. No longer do we fight for the personal victories of generals, we fight for the people of our nation and the lord our savior. Forget all you know or heard about Hitler, for he is not god, remember that it was not him who died for you but the lord, and find this strength within you -- us band of brothers, never will we taste the bitterment of defeat and I look and see death infront of me, and will joyously cheer, for when I die he has resolved my sins and at death I pass to the only holy place in the world, not upon this but upon the next.

"Strike fear within them, the sinners, the pagens of saitan who worship not God but Stalin, no longer do we fall in their path and worship Hitler! Remember that upon this day we have already won for we fight for the lord, remember this my proud sons of Germany and we can never be left in the dust. Rise up now my brothers! Rise up as one and unite under one banner and fight! Fight for the freedom of your loved ones back home for the Russian man will stop at nothing! Here we lay, here we die. And there is nothing better than to die in the name of the lord. History will remember us all -- us precious few, us band of brothers who stood together as one and stopped the impershible odds of our enemies, upon this day!"

Mud sliken and torn came the odds against all, no longer was the fields brown with mud but red with blood. The river ran red, the fields turned to soup, the trees were burnt. The rain came down, hitting men from above, no longer was the Russian attack in vain, but from high above a symbolic symbol approached. As the Russian marshal arrived on the battlefield so ended his car and advanced, out stepped Voroshilov the hero of the Soviet Union, savior of the Motherland and one of Stalin's proud favorites, into the mud slicken blood filled fields he stepped, falling down face first into the red river. His officers surrounded him, he looked up and spoke, "In shame of my people I look upon this day, we have achieved nothing but shame." And so ended the life of a great Soviet hero, and back about with the stain of hands gone red, faces bloodied looked on the simple soldier, in the mud they wrestled, the last great battle of the year 1944.

He looked about and found none, and the proud soldier Dietel marched out to his impending death, surrounded by many Russians, gutted and bayoneted to death with blood and organs falling from his mouth. The last great battle fought in the vincinity of the town of Lodz, Poland saw some 460,000 Soviet soldiers be defeated by 90,000 Germans. Against all the odds the winter began to fall, covering the fields of one of the most grusome battlefields that this Great War has seen.

- Retold Account of the Battle of Lodz,

First Lieutantent Albert von Abrauswitz.
Famous for his war novel the Chronicles of the Vaterland.
Battle of Lodz, Part One. November 26, 1944.

And what is this bit about no longer worshipping Hitler?

@ Enewald: My main lines were spread thin as I was reorganizing that the majority of men were in the north and south and I had very little in central Poland. At the time of the battle the Russians were speeding towards Warsaw and Lodz and engaged in the mud and winter my only soldiers in the areas. My withdraw was not well organized by myself for I thought the SU AI wasn't going to reach Warsaw until my Western Forces reorganized. Futher info on the dash to the Oder will be part of the Winter Offensive where I took out about 50 Soviet divisions in Warsaw, Cracow, Lodz, etc. Soory for not having any screens.

@ Trekaddict: So many of these soldiers had been brainwashed and that Hitler was the man they fought for, in this instance we change it, Hitler my friends is not going to be the most powerful man in Germany for much longer. Also the commanders at the battle, von Rundstedt and Dietel (killed) -- von Rundstedt speeking to the soldiers was not a fan of Hitler after his demotion.

Hopefully that clears things out a bit.

I hate too say this but this is very mentally draining at times, and I don't have a lot of motivation in writing this. I think I need to take some time off. Any help on what to do. I have played into the May 1945, opening the stages of my re-invasion of Russia and won't go any further until fully caught up, whenever that will be?

That seemed a bit Shakespeareish. I can't decide what you mean with Hitler, so maybe Hitler won't be around much longer in the future? Or your Reich is becoming less authoritorized -- that could be a good thing.

Anyways I hope you feel up to keep going quickly with this AAR, I truly like it. I think we're getting closer to the Invasion of Russia.

Last edited: