• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it just me or Hardy Kruger plays two roles? And I miss Michael Caine :D

Kurt_Steiner said:
Is it just me or Hardy Kruger plays two roles? And I miss Michael Caine :D

Yep, Hardy Kruger was a double :D
Michael Caine would have been "Colonel Martin" but we model some characters historically. I missed Michael Caine as well.

"As you know we are the calvary... too arrive on schedule would be bad, just in the nik of time would do well." :D I guess the Allies missed that que at Arnhem and Essen.

All Quiet on the Eastern Front

Operation Bagration

Mann31soldier.jpg

The year is 1944, the world is at war, and the Great Patriotic War is entering its third year of bloody combat and the Red Army fresh off its victories at Stalingrad, Kursk and Kharkov are pushing the forces of the Wehrmacht out of Mother Russia. Operation Bagration is about to kick into effect, the operation will throw the Germans out of Russia and into Poland befor the end of 1944, over one thousand miles of retreat is about to befall the glorious armies of the reich.

Kristoph Schneider looks out from his trench line with his comrades and can see the bodies of thousands of Russian soldiers charging at them, ten-to-one odds are not in the favor of the German defenders and the soldiers of the reich open a deadly barage against the Russian attackers.

Kristoph shoots his Kar 98K and can see his target fall to the ground spewing blood from his chest. Beside him an eighty-eight team opens a rour of gunfire and the explosion rocks the Russian assaultees sending several airborne doing backflips and landing on the ground torn to pieces, the Russians are unphased and continue to rush forward to the German defenders who grow ever more weary knowing that a bloody hand-to-hand engagment is the last thing they want. Kristoph leaps up from his position and begins to run backwards, this is followed by many of the other soldiers as the officers attempt to stop this, when they look back at the Russians they too follow suit, the entire German battle-line is folding in Russia and Byelarussia. The Russians enter the trench were only the hard-nosed German soldiers remain and are quickly dispatched by overwhelming numbers, the Russians are unstopable and the Wehrmacht is in full chaos.

On a muddy road in the woods of Russia, Kristoph and his comrades walk with their heads down looking at their mud and clay covered boots, once a shiny and polished black now a dull and boring gray color as are their uniforms and helmets. Captain Ludwig walks beside the German private and Kristoph begins to talk to his captain, "This is terrible Herr captain, this war, this place, this weather..." they look up at last and the clouds are dark gray and black, rain begins to fall upon their stained faces and they continue to walk in the rain-storm and lightning begins to strike the ground nearby.

"Private, war is something that no man wishes to be dragged into, but while in the service all must be ready to serve his country."

"And do you believe we serve Germany or serve Hitler? That's not the same."

The captain looks down and knows the true answer but answers different, "We serve the Faterland and no one else."

The Wehrmacht collumn follows the now mud and watered road with their heavy equipment moving at an extraordinary slow pace due to the quality of the cheap Russian road. Kristoph wipes his face from mud, dirt and rain and looks back at the rest of his comrades: sad faces, all down, no hope. For the past two years the Germans have been beaten again and again by the same force that they would never lose too, the tide had turned, at least for the year of 1944.

ScreenSave2.jpg

Effects of Bagration in its opening stages.

~ Von Rundstedt's HQ.

"Herr feldmarshcall. The latest reports and orders from Berlin, the great Hitler orders all forces to hold their ground and fight to the last man."

"And the devil has spoken, this retreat is the only hope for Deutschland, not this insane man in Berlin. I will commence the retreat as it is and if this kills me then so be it."

"Herr feldmarshcall?"

"One day the people of our nation will look back upon this, it was not Hitler who saved the Reich, it was the generals and soldiers who stood for what they believed in and defied Hitler's order for the betterment of our lives and homes."

"Then you would die at the hands of the SS or the NKVD instead of listening to orders?"

"Orders are nothing oberst, sometime you will come to learn it. Sometimes an officer's life doesn't count."

Field Marshal von Rundstedt looks down at the papers in the folder supplied to him from his colonel. Hitler's orders will spell the death of ninety-five of his finest divisons and von Rundstedt as commander-in-chief of the Armee Grouppe Nord will defy the orders of the bright and all-knowing fuhrer and continue his withdraw towards Konigsberg and Prussia and Poland knowing that the armies of the Wehrmacht need to bring their lines together on a much more smaller front-size stretching from Konigsberg to the Black Sea, rather than the Black Sea to the Tallinin and more.

For defying Hitler's orders Hitler would appoint Gunther von Kluge as commander of the Northern Armee and von Rundstedt was reduced to only the commander of his battle-group, Hitler was now the commander of the German Wehrmacht against the wishes of the German commanders.

BTW, I'm sorry that I won't go straight into the Invasion of Russia.

I will entertain with the year of 1944 and Winter Offensive of 1944-45 before we reach the Invasion of Russia.

Enewald said:
Foolish Hitler, yet so powerful. :(

Truly foolish, at times I wish the Assassination Event triggered. :(

Enewald said:
oooh, and btw gratz upon your nomination! :)

It is evil to assasinate democratically chosen statesmen. :p

I'm sorry Enewald but what nomination? I haven't accepted any?? :confused:

TheEnlighted1 said:
I'm sorry Enewald but what nomination? I haven't accepted any?? :confused:

I took the liberty of nominating you as WritAAR of the week. I was the last one and so I had to nominate the next one.

trekaddict said:
I took the liberty of nominating you as WritAAR of the week. I was the last one and so I had to nominate the next one.

Oooh, I feel a little out of it now that I couldn't figure that out by myself :rofl:

Thanks.

I just feel like it will take even longer to reach the Invasion of Russia again since I have to due school work and sports and with the want to write about 1944 and the Winter Offensive in Poland.

TheEnlighted1 said:
Truly foolish, at times I wish the Assassination Event triggered. :(
Shouldn't it have triggered by now?

Kurt_Steiner said:
Shouldn't it have triggered by now?

The event never triggered? So Germany continues with Hitler at the helm.

Message From God

istok.JPG

Erik Hoftmann dragged his helpless body across the Russian mud and alone in the fields he could see the disaster and horrors of war all around him. He looked to his left, destroyed and blackened artillery pieces, to his right fallen bodies covered and torn ripe with the color red on their uniforms. In the mud his face unrecognizable only his bright blue eyes were recognizable while on the ground. His uniform, once a great grey color with proud markings were now covered, bloodied and ripped, his left boot missing dragging his left foot behind his body as it was shot up and broken.

The German soldier sat and rested along the edge of a destroyed German howitzer with his head resting against the remains of the wheel, his back resting among the shattered metal fabric and liners of the artillery piece. Erik closed his eyes took in a deep breathe while a T-34/85 burning several hundred feet away exploded sending the tank barrell sky high, the soldier still closing his eyes not caring about the explosion. A car engine got closer and louder his eyes slowly opened as a Russian infantry truck pulled up to the wounded German soldier. He looked up to the front seat, the window was cracked and the passenger seat was empty the driver seat packed with a Russian soldier, a dead soldier. The Russian was leaning against the steering wheel and his foot no longer on the gas peddle the truck came to a halt infront of the German, he pulled out his Luger and calmly rolled his eyes and sighed.

As nightfall fell upon one of the many countless battlefields in Russia, forgotten by all the history books and stories and only remembered by those precious few who made it out alive, the Russian pripyat marshes came alive the sounds of exotic wildlife full of frogs and other minor mammels the lost and lonely soldier slept under the full moon aluminating the ground below, his helmet no longer upon his head an aircraft circled the field overhead. It wasn't a German one, it was a Russian Il-2 flying above some lost battlefield where the dead soldiers would soon be forgotten.

He opened his eyes, they looked down towards his noise he screamed in alarm, a slimy slug stared directly at him. He flicked it off his face and could see a light coming closer, someone not something was coming closer too him holding a lantern. Erik drug himself up and began to crawl underneath the artillery ruins, the boots of several soldiers stepped infront of him, his eyes now fixed on the polished black boots of the soldiers. The standing men lite cigarettes and began laughing and speaking in Russian, by the labels on their sleeves as one of the soldiers nealed over and picked up Erik's Luger he knew they were not Red Army soldiers, but NKVD Guards Rifles, the most feared soldiers in the Russian Red Army because of their brutality.

Three of the four soldiers walked among the dead while the officer smoked his cigarette and smiled, he pulled out his pistol and looked down at the place where Erik hide, he closed his eyes and held his breathe, the NKVD officer grinned a terrible smile and his pistol was not silent, let rip a loud roar and then he walked away. Erik opened his eyes stunned that he was still alive, the NKVD officer shot the massive slug that was on his face.

As dawn arrived the wounded German soldier looked out on the field, still having some tanks and cars burning and no movement by any soldier besides him, on a road he could see a Russian IS-1 tank move along the road, the slow moving giant was on fire from the rear and the commander slauched over the haul of the massive Soviet war machine, it fell off the road into the nearby watery marsh and exploded. His face full of mud he moved out from beneath the howitzer and crawled onto the road and looked for any signs of movement, at this point capture was better than suicide or better than lonliness out in the lost Russian fields, nothing came from either side, and Erik had lost hope as his head fell to the ground and eyes closed.

Two days later the German was still on the road, his eyes opened from the bright sunlight in the early morning, a boot was directly infront of him, the face of the soldier came down, "Are you okay there comrade? Looks like your one of the lucky ones."

Comforted by the fact that a German detachtment had found him, as the others searched the battle-field for any other signs of life. The German armies in Ukraine were positioning themselves properly, and this field was one not lost to the history books. Erik was put on the truck where two other German soldiers were sitting, all three destined for the frontline hospitals at Stryj some 50 miles away.

Congrats on the writAAR of the week award.

You've been able to capture the harsh reality of war within this AAR, well deserved and keep up the fantastic work.

@Dr Death: thanks

@Enewald: In this manner then, I'm not sure if I should take this as a complement or is it just my sick mind depicting such horror and chaos :D
The Eastern Front was the deathbed of 25million Soviets in real life and about 90% of the German casualties in ww2 were from the east...

...Only this is not historical, its going to get much worse. Believe me...

Rolling Thunder

allies-bomb-northern-nazi-germany-2.jpg

The night was dark, the trench was filled with soldiers sleeping not watching for any signs of Russian soldiers.

Through his binoculars Hans Kristoph Kuptmann, Oberst of an SS-element along the eastern front looks out into the blinding darkness and can see nothing. He looks again and sets his glasses down and takes a seat in his chair, captain Andrew Schearer walks over.

"Anything out there colonel?"

"Nothing."

"Have you the feeling that we're being used against are will?"

"What do you mean Andy?"

"Well, look at this... the Heer retreats along the entire front while us SS soldiers are the only ones actually still like, umm... fighting the Russians."

"Hitler."

"My alligence is not to the bafoon in the Reichstag, it's not even to the Nazi Party but too my country."

"And is that not the same as the NKVD?"

"At least they have the regular army supporting them."

"Only because these Communists are all cowards, they need overwhelming numbers too win."

"Cowards? We've been retreating for over one-thousand miles."

"And what has this told you."

"Not much other than the fact that Russian agriculture is still in the stone age and is in need of rapid modernization."

The officers laugh, the rest of the platoon is asleep, the moon is out bright and a noise catches the attention of the colonel, Kuptmann walks over and picks up his binoculars and looks out into the dark fields and cannot see anything but only hear, a great flash of yellow alluminates the dark sky followed by a loud bang of thunder, he drops the binoculars and shouts while falling to the ground, "GET DOWN!"

The trench is awoken by a loud explosion nearby and Shearer is knocked down from his chair from the explosion only some fifty feet away. He covers his head and the other soldiers take up their arms and rush to the front edge of the trench, as an MG-Team readies their gun and locks in the belt. The soldiers prepare for the Russian assault, the Russians come closer and the dark fields grow clear when a battalion of T-34 tanks fire a volley at the German trenchline, all shots overshooting the trench.

"Steady boys, wait for them. Get the panzerfaust ready. Ready the EIGHTY-EIGHT!"

"Jawual Herr Oberst!"

"Hold...hold," the Russians come closer only about three-hundred feet away, "Now!"

The German trench once black and dark is now glowing with the eruptions of over one-thousand rifles and guns opening at the advancing Red Army soldiers, the night sky is aluminated by the burst of fire and tracers, the faces of both the Germans and Russians can be seen, and both sides are now locked in a deadly struggle. From their lines the faces of the dying and strucken Russians can be seen as their bodies fall to the ground dead or wounded and the Germans ready for the tanks, "Panzeralarmen!"

A soldier with a panzerfaust rises up from his trench, his eyes shown like the devil and his mind fixed on an approaching T-34/85. He waits until it comes to a point litterly of ontop of him and fires, the shell rockets off and rips a massive hole in the base of the tank, his comrade steps up and tosses a steilhandgrenate inside and the crew inside can be heard screaming in pain after in goes off. Another soldier steps up and walks out of his trench and opens the hatch and jumps inside and his MP-40 can be heard echoing inside the metal hull of the tank, he exits out of the hole and rushes back to the trench.

Russians jump and leap into the trench, one of them corners Shearer in corner, the captain picks up an abadone Kar-98 and uses it as defense, he bashes the head of the Russian soldier and gets behind him and places the main barrel across the Russian's neck and squizes tights, the barrell strangling the air out of the Russian soldier, he struggles with the rifle and slowly drops to the ground. Shearer aims forward and is in turn struck by a Russian soldier, knocked uncontious he falls to the ground face first, landing and chipping a tooth on the fall, the trench has erupted in old 18th century bayonet and hand fighting, and the scene comes up and from the sky you can see thousands of tiny figures punches and shooting and stabing one another.

At dawn the trench was full of dead bodies, Kuptmann walks over to his friend now waking up, "Quite a fall there Andrew. Chipped a tooth in the process."

Outside of the trench the destroyed Russian collumn lets smoke off into the air, the Germans can realize that even Hitler can't run the war anylonger, the generals must conduct the war or the Wehrmacht will be crushed before the end of 1945.

Von Perkele said:
Just discovered this aar and i must say that you are writing good text sir! Count me in.

200th post! *hardcore partying* :D

Welcome aboard, glad too see someone actually read from the beginning.

200 posts, LOL only 2800 more and you reach the 3000 mark, which is everyones goal. :D