• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stuntdawg5 said:
This is very superb writing. I love your style. Keep up the great work, man.

Thanks, I'm glad that you like it. And that you may have taken the time to actually *read* something not many people like to do anymore.

For what I gather, von Abrauswitz published his novel, so it means that, bearing in mind what he says about Adi, Nazis are not fooling around by this time... so... Stauffenberg? :p

Kurt_Steiner said:
For what I gather, von Abrauswitz published his novel, so it means that, bearing in mind what he says about Adi, Nazis are not fooling around by this time... so... Stauffenberg? :p

A certain Para Colonel? The Kaiser?

Hmm, there's seems to be alot of people leaning towards the direction of Hitler and the Nazi's not being around at this time, that could be for from... for now at least.

Discontent among the German people is growing, they demand an end to the war and the Nazi Party does little to stop it, so as the mind of the people are not swayed I can say the Nazi's will have some trouble if they wish to remain in power in Germany and the Reich for it will surely fall into the rivaling Social Conservative (Democratic) and Monarchist Factions (Pro-Parliamentary Monarchy) attempting to take advantage of the Nazi Squables. And the might of the SS is being inforced all across the Holy Fatherland as we speak.

Maybe this clears things up a bit,
BTW I'm thinking of pluging in events that might make the Nazi's dead, but that is still just a thought. Still steeming towards the glorious Return to Moscow and Russia.

All Quiet on the Eastern Front

-The Ebony Eagle-

When You Were Young

610x.jpg

The dark sireen night befell the small German town rapidly, inside the main home, a mother tended to her 16 year-old son, Wilhelm Pelzer. The young student had recently returned home from his school and was enjoying the time he had with his mother for his father is off on the Eastern Front fighting the Russians. The calmness of the night was brushed away, the mist was lite up as a car and several headlights approached through the darkness of the night, inside you can hear the mutter of several men. The doors and windows of the town buildings were sudenly shut and the lights put out with a vengeance, inside the car was the worst nightmare for the German people and the German man in particular.

The Kublewagen paused at the house of Wilhelm Pelzer, from behind the curtains his mother looked out and saw six black-shaded unrecognizable figures step out of the car and calmly walk towards the door, their commander took out a cigarette and placed it in his mouth he soon followed to lite it with his liter and took it out rapidly. He puffed out a wiff of smoke and smiled at the house, surrounded by the others he began to silently and slowly walk towards the main door. He paused half-way through and the eye-patch over his left eye became noticable, on his collers were the distanctive letters marked S.S. with a skull on the centerpiece of his officer cap. He looked at a piece of paper in the clutch of his hands and looked back at the immediate right (his right) and compared the numbers, he gave a nod to his comrades and they proceded. Inside Mrs. Pelzer clutched a broomstick and her son was begging her to hide, she didn't. She could now see the shadowed figures of the men standing on the outside of her door.

A German soldier walked up and took a deep breathe and looked at his commander with the eye-patch. He simply nodded and smiled and the soldier looked towards the door and placed his StuG-44 on the ground and readied himself. The soldier then quickly cocked his leg back and threw his weight forward, his leg drilling the door knocking it down and the men rushed into the house.

Mrs. Pelzer attempted to swing at the man in the eye-patch with the broom, she was easily overwhelmed. The officer with his left hand captured the broomstick and quickly snapped it with his hand and took out his Luger pistol and aimed it at her, she fell to her knees and begged for mercy. In the family room the soldiers wrestled with Wilhelm who didn't put much of a fight in the face of five SS-Soldiers. He was walked to the kitchen where his mother cried at the hands of the SS soldiers.

"No! Not my son as well."

"Stilknaught! Shut-up! This is not what you wish, an order!"

"Of who's," muttered the women crying making her words near unrecognizable to the men. They looked at her.

"The orders of den fuhrer! The Wehrmacht is low on men..."

"Show you just bust into homes and steal away my son!?"

"Shut-up!" the officer smacks the lady across the face sending her to the ground from her knees, Wilhelm in rage brakes free from the soldiers. Her rushes towards the officer he points the Luger at him and pulls the trigger, a bullet nearly hits him, whizzing past his head and out of the window of the front the front door, he is frozen.

"That was incredible."

"What are you talking about boy, I missed."

Mrs. Pelzer lay crying and beaten on the floor of the kitchen whimpering in pain and having blood across her face.

"As of now, every abled body male, age sixteen to thirty-five will be forcefully conscripted or enlisted by will to join the German Heer. Short of men, it will be people like this and your son that will turn the tide of war."

The SS soldiers leave and head for the Kublewagen and talk to the boy, "Mother," he says leaving, "I will return..."

In the kublewagen the soldiers take the boy off to his future, war on the Russian Front. Winter is upon the steppes of Poland and the Germans are in desperate need for soldiers and equipment, now it is the masterrace reverting to the once in-humane doctraines of the Soviet Union, so how the tides have turned. Today the days of the lives of a Young man are no longer fun, the Wehrmacht or death at the hands of SS, you choose.

Oh bugger. YOu must be really low on MP....

The time for the Volksstrum is come, methinks.

So sad, yet somewhat expected by this time in the desperate war.

Enewald: "they need the papas in the factories" hilarious.
And yes your MP must be really low at this time, what is it on?

@ Trekaddict: Oh indeed, I had to pause all construction, reinforcement and upgrades so my MP can get back up, not to recommence until in the higher 100-200 range and I'll massacre the youth of Germany to join the Wehrmacht again and again.

@ Kurt_Steiner: I gave the volkstrum a thought, but since the war was still someways away from the Fatherland I thought there is no reason for the papas to come and join the Heer.

@ Enewald: Right on, someone has to produce those preety German toys in the factories. To quote the Battle of The Bulge "The Germans still make the best toys in the world.

@ Dr Death: MP level of Germany, 0. Wow, not even 1000 people are able to join are army? That's odd. :p

Cancel the least important production, like ships, planes etc. Having a big Luftwaffe is all nice and well, but what you now need are men with rifles.

@ HKslan: Maybe the Nazi Party simply forgot that they need others to order and force people in the armed service :p or maybe its Hitler's way of winning the war.

@ The Pippen: The way I have decided to overcome it, I have halted everything in reinfocements and upgrades and will finish the last lines of production troops, then sit and for the next 5 months or soo, until the Invasion begins building up the MP force which will be needed for the long and deadly invasion of the USSR.

@ Trekaddict: Sadly I have no ships to disband, the earlier pictures merely represented German Naval Research, I haven't done much in terms of re-building the navy except for the additions of about 12 Submarine Flotillas (Lvl. 5) but I have already scrapped the remaining ones. And as for the Luftwaffe's future, sidelined and needs reinforcements badly. All constructed fighters and interceptors have been scrapped, this all long before hitting the dreaded 0. Hopefully with my strong growth rate... in five months and if a few events trigger I could be back at around 500 or so by the time May roles around when I plan to Invade Russia.

It looks like the Kreigsmarine is virtually non-existant in the German Military. And it also looks like the Luftwaffe is in shambles.

Hopefully you don't need much of an air force in your invasion of Russia.

All Quiet on the Eastern Front

-The Ebony Eagle-

Change in the Wind

reichstag_bldg.jpg

The Fuhrer was asleep...

Can it be known, when you stare death or fear in the face that you will be able to react or will you do what so many others do, freeze? In the stillness of the moment is the last flashing seconds of your life, no longer to remain on earth, your death will be morned by those who cheerished you, and by those who hated you, a cheerful and joyous time will befall upon them. The Fuhrer had the nation of Germany brainwashed in his love, his conquered territories despised the very man, and the SS failures and lack of effective propoganda, the Reich was now dividing itself into three paths: Nazism, Aristocratic (Monarchy) and Democratic, the later two being although small, causing much noise in Greater Germany.

In the halls of the Reichstag, the fuhrer sat in his office with several of his subordinate commanding officers. On the table, a map of Poland and Russia with the positions of the German and Russian fronts and their troop numbers. The charasmatic Hitler looked down at the paper and demanded his generals with scribbles and fantasy to take Moscow withing 90 days of the beginning of the operation, his generals knew this was impossible but dared not to say anything. A soldier walked into the room, his uniform perfectly dressed, washed and unwrinkled.

"Mein fuhrer, you have an important visitor."

Hitler turned to his commanders, and in plain voice and no emotion or sympathy to any of his stallwort generals commanded them out, "Leave."

The doors opened and the 15 general-front commanders walked out of the room, Hitler took a seat in his chair and two SS-colonels walked into his office and layed down a folder enscripted on it: Top Secret, they left and the man Hitler was expecting to see walked in. The man was rather small, dressed-well probably Catholic by the look of his cross, he made no attempt to cover it up in the presence of the rightious fuhrer. He walked up to the 'beloved' leader of the Reich.

Hitler looked to his guards, "He's clean."

The well-dressed man began, "I have an important message from Wilhelm, Prinz of Germany. The current King-in-exile."

"And what does the royal want from me now. I gave him a good home in the Nederlands, what else? Who in the hell does he think he is, not like his father he is not beloved. Has he forgotten who the leader of Germany is?"

"It deals nothing with you and his life, he sends a message that he who doesn't build on the people will not succede."

"He who builds on the people, builds on mud, now I finally realize this after far too many years."

"Now this is very important, I must whisper it into your ear."

"Very well," says the fuhrer, looking at the man with an evil death-like stare.

"Your time is over," he pulled out a small nail and chisel and rammed it into the fuhrer's shoulder and another into his leg. The guard calmly watched the ordeal, he looked not to aid the fuhrer, but too let him die. Hitler lie now on the ground, the small-man, Peter Strause walked out with his final blow, one more to the head will surely kill the leader of the Reich.

Another guard walked by the hallways and opened the door, stunned at the site he was shot by the Luger of the other SS-guard in the room. From down the hallway the generals and other guards became alarmed and rushed towards the Office of the fuhrer, Himmler and Goebles were leading the charge of cabinet personnel into the room; the SS-guards knocked these men down and rushed into the room. The first guard into the room was promptly shot and killed the betraying SS-guard was quickly killed by another charging guard with an MP-40. Strause grew nervous, he kneeled down to deliver the final blow to the fuhrer, outside in the courtyard a German truck pulled in, his escape ride. He looked back and saw no one, behind the desk he readied himself to do the impossible, kill the fuhrer.

He stumbled away and crashed through the window, shot in the shoulder multiple times Peter Strause jumped down the office window of the Reichstag and leaped into the courtyard and fled to the truck awaiting for him. Emptied he saw SS-soldiers pop around the ends of the trucks, he was promptly captured by a young SS-lieutantant. They held him at gunpoint, and now Strause knew what to expect. On a rare turn of events, this man wasn't to be killed, to the Russian Front, "make sure he's on the frontlines." And as for the great fuhrer, it wasn't his time to go, the now handicapped Hitler could trust few people, and his will to destroy all that oppose him could never be stronger.

Bugger. Failed assasination event I guess?

But fear not, I wrote a little something for this very occasion!

Code:
#########################################################################
#  Wilhelm III
#########################################################################
event = {
	id = 999999
	random = no
	country = GER

name = "Hitler ousted"
	desc = "In his mad ravings Hitler decided to have the General Staff eliminated. The Generals could not let this happen and decided to invite the Kronprinz to take the throne."
	style = 0
	picture = "hitler_assasination"

action_a = {
		name = "All hail the Kaiser" #

command = { type = headofstate which = 37 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 2026 }
		command = { type = sleepminister which = 1 }
	}
}