• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am very, verey sorry that I haven't been very active latly. I'll try to get to work as soon as possible. Hopefully you can expect somhething in a couple of days.

Been reading this since the beginning. It seems kinda odd for the author of an AAR to lose the game he/she is writing about, but this is Diplomacy after all. Besides, one good thing came out of your loss, motivation and some inspiration for a game of Diplomacy (You know, that regular one on the OT forum?) I'm playing as Italy right now. :D

Ok, ok. It hasn't gone very well, I admitt. I have been quite busy and lazy. I did some last weekend, but I wasn't happy with it. You know what? I'll have as goal to be finished with it today. I can't tell you when you'll see it though, there is a small issue that I hope to fix ASAP.

Well I be darned, I acctually managed to make a decent (IMO) update today. Then you'll see it sometime during the coming days, you have my word.

This is cool Snake. If you write another one though I suggest that you finish it a little faster as it seems that you have taken over 2 months to write this one and still aren't done. This way you could put up some new ones if you want.

GhostWriter: Thanks

Duke of Wellington: Thanks to you too. I also have to agree :p

stnylan: Italy played well, yes. I have a memory of him saying after the game that Edi had given him some tips. Looking again on his opening I understand what tips that was. Italy opened with an opening called Lepanto, which gives Italy a good boost instead of leaving it to do little as Italy might find himself doing otherwise. As Turkey was AI it went even easier. The Lepanto opening was constructed by Edi himself so that must be what Italy was told. At the time of the game I was not awere of the Lepanto. Today I know it very well and I am a much more experienced played. Looking at this again it really feels like the game must have been the ages ago it really was.

joebthegreat: Thanks. The last update might not be 6 month away/long though. perhaps I'll make a new one by then. (Is so though a shorter one not spanning the entire game) What about your AAR BTW? When will it be updated?

BurningEGO: Well. I will not die entierly :cool:

CatKnight: Yup :(

Snake IV: Burn him on stake. he's too lazy!

SeedSnatcher: Yeah, I know aobut that one. I would have joined myself if I wasn't int eh Nappy game. Thanks for reading.

flintlock: Thanks for reading and reminding me to go back to work on the last one.

EDIT: I feel less comfterble with the update now but I can hardly delay it anymore. It is good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fall 1910

dippy71hb1.png

My moves Fall 1910

This last turn my moves were actually not very good, they where as if the game should go on a couple of more years. I do not know if this was because I did not bother very much or if I had not noticed the actual number of SC Italy had reached, but they where as if I should protect myself from England a couple of more years. Italy did only seem secondary in my moves. I did a move to the North Sea, but I do not think I hoped for it to be successful. It seem as I expected a move to Denmark and moved there, and followed to Kiel, probably to stop a possible attack from Munich. It seems that I did not expect a move to Berlin with support, which seemed very likely, or did not care about it because of Denmark, but I moved like if Italy would attack both Berlin and Kiel without any support, making standoffs in both places. In the north I went for St Petersburg form Finland with support form Norway. The risk for this move failing was minimal. The army in Ukraine did not have very much to do, so it attacked Moscow. Doing something is better than doing nothing.

dippy72qf0.png

Moves Fall 1910.

Of course Italy moved in a way so I lost Berlin. As of now this really bothers me as I could easily have protected it. Italy also makes an attack on my army in Ukraine, with very much support. Russia had though successfully conquered Moscow, so Warsaw is open for retreat. The St Petersburg move was as one would expect successful. England did of some reason, maybe the one that it did not matter anyway, abandon the North Sea making it possible for me to take it without any problems. Further south Italy took Portugal, which was an unthreatened move. He also tried to take Brest, but it was too well defended. My moves to Berlin and Moscow failed this turn, the English army in Moscow was disbanded and I retreated from Ukraine to Warsaw.

dippy73mn6.png

Retreats Fall 1910.

Build 1910

The tune (link)

romebulid10tx9.gif

The automobile stopped in front of the big, new palace which had been built in Rome on record time. A young man with a thick dark moustache opened the door for the Kaiser who stepped out of the vehicle. He had worked hard the last few months, but not as hard as the time before that, and looked quite worn out. The Kaiser shacked hand and greeted courteously the Italians that met him outside the palace. One could see on him that he was not very happy, and meeting these persons that had helped to defeat him after so many years did not help.

"I am extremely glad you are here finally here your Majesty. We has been very worried that there would be a delay, and that wouldn’t look very good, would it?" said the prime minister.
"No, perhaps it wouldn’t", the Kaiser answered with a monotone voice.
"Come with me. We have ten minutes to go."

The Prime minister entered the palace and the rest followed him. He was an old man so even as he hurried the relatively young Kaiser could follow even without going very much faster than his usual depressed walk. A big part of the company went on other directions once they had entered the palace. The hallway was decorated in an ancient Roman manner with coulombs and mosaic, but still much gold. The company went through a door, up a stair and then passed through some rooms, which was also heavily decorated, but in other factions from various places in the world. They entered a room which had a Germanic style on it. The king of England sat in one of the armchairs that were places in the room, but he rose as the Kaiser entered to greet him.

“Hello old friend”, the king greeted him in a less official way, “did your trip here go well?”
“I wouldn’t say so actually”, the Kaiser answered in a slightly less friendly tone, “the train is not a comfortable way to travel without any longer stops.”
“You don’t seem very happy. Aren’t you satisfied with the result of the treaty? Hey, we’re lucky event to be here alive and with health. See it from the bright side. You will have a decent life and a job demanding much less of your and your health than your current.”
“Very funny.”

The Italian king now appeared at a doorway.

“Ah, you are here now, excellent. We have a minute, so hurry.“

The two royals followed the third one through the door, and they passed through a room with some people looking busy. There was another door leading out to a balcony outside.

“Do you have your notes for your speeches? Wouldn’t be good if something went bad today.”
“Yes”, was the answer form them both.
“Now it’s time.”

The king of Italy stepped out on the balcony, soon followed by the king of England and the Kaiser, and was met by a very loud cheer that only did increase. The Kaiser looked at the crowd. It was full everywhere, you couldn’t see an empty spot anywhere. The roofs over kilometre away must have been filled with people, cheering and waving flags from various nations. Mainly Italy but also England, Germany, Russia, France, Turkey, Austria, Hungary, Belgium, Spain, the United States, China and even Ethiopia was represented. The Kaiser did without thinking of it raise his head higher and straighten himself up. It took several minutes before the crowd had calmed down enough for the king of Italy to make himself heard.
“Peace”. “Peace to the nation, peace to the people, peace to the world. Peace to the eternity.”
The crowd joined him.
“Peace to the eternity”
And so did the king of England, and even the guarding soldiers around the royalties.
“Peace to the eternity.”
Finally the Kaiser found himself shouting with a genuine smile on his face.
“Peace to the eternity.”

dippy74ao8.png

Thanks Peg. And it is certanly well owrth the few pounds you have to spend on it. Wonder why no one else has commented though? It was not THAT bad.

Well...uhm...tell SirMaru Congratulations :)

This was a fun read! Too bad it didn't end so well for you. Looks like you squeak out second though :)

That's fine... the Italians are about to learn the hard way about terrorism...

*straps on bomb and runs to Rome*

twas a fun AAR...

I look forward to reading more of your work...

Better :p

And talking about other works/new AARs, I will now move back to my old Danish HoI AAR. It is possible that I will do anotehr Dippy AAR, but I won't promise anything. If I will do so, it will not be anything long at all, but rather a short one depicting just a part of a game, or a resumé.