• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fall 1909

dippy64uf4.png

My moves Fall 1909

Often I think too much of strategic positions rather than SC, which sometimes result in that I have to disband my favourable positioned units. Like that I though much this turn, trying to hold positions rather than SCs. I wanted to hold both my position in Silesia and prevent any sneaky move to Berlin, so I made a self standoff in Berlin. The risk that Silesia would be dislodged this turn probably did not enter my mind. At first I also did like that in Russia. I made a self standoff in Moscow with my Ukraine and Sevastopol armies. Then I chanced my mind. If I did like that I would lose Sevastopol to Italy and the risk that England would move to Moscow I did not see as overwhelming. With a very possible attack on Norway from the North Sea I supported Norway from Sweden while my Norway army supported a move to the North Sea. I was still obsessed by its strategic position. My chances had become quite slim in the east. Three fleets threatened Brest while the army there had to move to Paris is Italy would move there. Not all three units was expected to be a problem though as Spain was threatened by Italy with two fleets. With some luck the fleets would hold Brest as they moved to Brest and to The English channel, and hopefully cutting support.

dippy66qn0.png

Moves Fall 1909. These moves are after hand construations and might not be accurate, but at least gives right results. Note that I forgot about Russia that succesfully moved to Warsaw.

Russia made a supported attack on St: Petersburg, as expected. What I had not expected was that Norway did not fall. I had lost the North Sea as one more unit than expected helped out on the attack. That would delay the offence against England even more. In the south Russia made a try on Constantinople too, but as the support was cut they got a standoff with Italy. Italy made several unsupported attacks on Russia and one supported and ended up with two SC taken this Spring. Other Italian moves are mostly anti-German. There now were two armies just south of me with none of my units defending. My move to Norway, my support on the move to Norway and my try to hold St Petersburg failed this turn. The Russian army in Rumania retreated to Galicia, the English fleet in Brest to Gascony, my fleet in the North Sea to Helgoland Bight, and because of the so many dislodged units to take a screenshot on I failed to retreat with the fleet in St Petersburg so it got disbanded.

dippy65hr6.png

Retreats Fall 1909.

Nasty. Italy looks more and more unstoppable.

Snake IV: ...and because of the so many dislodged units to take a screenshot on I failed to retreat with the fleet in St Petersburg so it got disbanded.

that was a bummer ! ! OUCH ! ! :eek:

excellent update, just not so good results ! ! :cool:

Italy is starting to look unstoppable. And if the British aren't going to help you then I'd say this game is over.

I am sorry that I have not given any update lately. The reason is as many times before named Victoria. It has still not affected my deadline, so you will receve several updates the comming days.

stnylan: Indeed.

Duke of Wellington: Indeed

GhostWriter: Indeed ;)

joebthegreat: Indeed possible.

Update as soon I have pics up.

EDIT: The updates have really become very very short now (keep in mind that it is hard to acctually get to write them undisturbed rather than finding the accual time when I am accually writing). It bothers me, but there is not extremly much to say I think (Or I am just unable to say it now)

Last edited:
Build 1909

I can not say I really fought for a victory any longer. Paris was up for grab for Italy with no other land army close, and taking back something from Italy at this point would be extremely hard. Italy had with Spain went up from 16 to 17 SC this year, just one left to victory. England had taken two SC from me but also lost Norway and Spain. The pesky Russians had managed to retake Warsaw and while England went for Moscow instead for St Petersburg Russia went from 1 SC to 2 and had a build. I went back two SC this year, but I would not have to disband anything as I was one unit behind to begin with and then had to disband the Brest army.

dippy67bq0.png

Builds 1908

What Italy built this year was really of less interest. His front was already mostly filled up and it would take at least a year before any on the units could have any impact. He built one army in Venice and one fleet in Rome, one to attack me and another to attack England. Russia built an army in St Petersburg, which would be the only good to do as a fleet would not help a bit with anything in Russia’s position.

Duke of Wellington said:
Have you given up hope?
To stop Italy form at this point I must this year take one SC while only losing Paris (which is impossible to protect). Add to that that it was a bit late and I was tired. Yes, I had given up hope. :(

Spring 1910

dippy68yg0.png

My moves Spring 1910

My first priority was to hold the SC I had, and my moves were accordingly. I hoped to have the units put in the SC and make a strong wall along the coast, holding Italy inland. I moved Helgoland Bight to Holland and Kiel to Berlin; if successful they would make standoffs in Kiel later preventing Italian moves there. While the Picardy fleet made no purpose there any longer it moved to the English Channel with support from Belgium. The Norway fleet moved to the North Sea while lacking anything else to do. I also tried to gain a stabile front in the east. Currently I had very little control over what was happening and I could not possible hold Sevastopol any longer. I made a desperate move to Moscow while again lacking much else to do. The Ukraine army fled the field to retake Warsaw, and it was supported from Prussia. Hoping to take St Petersburg and control the north I moved from Sweden to Finland. In the fall I would be able to take the SC.

dippy69cf3.png

Moves Spring 1910

Russia made a supported attack on St: Petersburg, as expected. What I had not expected was that Norway did not fall. I had lost the North Sea as one more unit than expected helped out on the attack. That would delay the offence against England even more. In the south Russia made a try on Constantinople too, but as the support was cut they got a standoff with Italy. Italy made several unsupported attacks on Russia and one supported and ended up with two SC taken this Spring. Other Italian moves are mostly anti-German. There now were two armies just south of me with none of my units defending. My move to Norway, my support on the move to Norway and my try to hold St Petersburg failed this turn. The Russian army in Rumania retreated to Galicia, the English fleet in Brest to Gascony, my fleet in the North Sea to Helgoland Bight, and because of the so many dislodged units to take a screenshot on I failed to retreat with the fleet in St Petersburg so it got disbanded.

dippy70cr9.png

Retreats 1910.

Last edited:
Snake IV: ...Yes, I had given up hope. :(

yes, it was rather plain even if "between the lines" ! ! :eek:

even in defeat, this is a magnificent ! ! AAR :D

not to mention, the most read Paradox Diplomacy AAR ever ! ! ;)

It must be said that Italy played a very smooth game.

For the last update I plan to test my writing on a slightly higher level, but I have not yet got to do it, as the writing related things has been about the EUIII writing contest. Not that I will stand a chance in it but still.

beautiful...

It made me cry

but that might also have been the fact that I stubbed my toe when I went to get on the computer before having read this.

Either way, it's an amazing AAR...

The never ending AAr... Dude, this AAr lasts for more then 6 months... and it is a Dip AAr! :rofl:

Sadly, it seems that the fate of Germany will be identical to the one of 1945. :(

BurningEGO said:
The never ending AAr... Dude, this AAr lasts for more then 6 months... and it is a Dip AAr! :rofl:

Sadly, it seems that the fate of Germany will be identical to the one of 1945. :(

Germany goy eaten by Italy in 1945?

Wow... I really need to learn my history.

(sounding like a dick aside)

Who's to say this AAR won't last another six months? You should never underestimate the determination of the Germans.

Erm, i said, identical. Germany was partitioned by France, USA, UK and USSR by 1945.

By using the word, "identical", i didnt mean, exactly the same. ;)

Who's to say this AAR won't last another six months? You should never underestimate the determination of the Germans.

It will not last another 6 months because as snake said he will be posting his last update. :rolleyes:

BurningEGO said:
It will not last another 6 months because as snake said he will be posting his last update. :rolleyes:

Who's to say it won't be a 6 month long update?