• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mattabesta said:
finished reading this about 6 hours of reading :wacko:
really good hope you can one day knock the us out but for now survival is a bit moar important
6 hours? good god when this aar was around page fifty or so i had to spend 10 days just to catch up. you must be one hella of speed a reader :D

A WC as Japan? The manpower problem will never be solved, so the partisans and so the TC will hurt more than any enemy army... does not sound that interesting to me.

But first things first: nice to see that you can defeat the Allies with ~10 divisions and eight bombers while you need a huge army and 24 bombers just to stall the Soviets. Ah, OK, stall might not be the best fitting word. Never thought that you will be able to destroy so many Red Army divisions during winter, now I am looking forward to the Japanese spring offence ;)

Wow finally caught up with you Remble. Started reading 3 weeks ago and got hooked. Nice job so far hope you beat those Russians. And you got another first time poster by the way.

once the bear has been tamed then i think its game over no one else would be able to put up enough forces to even hurt remble at that point.

a new aar could be started with ethopia in 36 :D that would be an interesting one to try to get out of

wow remble the "deflowerer" ;)

it's fun to see how many people Remble has had the first post on =)

I wonder if someone is counting :p

BobaFett696 said:
once the bear has been tamed then i think its game over no one else would be able to put up enough forces to even hurt remble at that point.

Once the bear is tamed it'll be the eagle's turn. :D

harezmi said:
Remble, where are you? still waiting... i clicked on this page`s shortcut more than 20 times in different times. we all know you are patient but we are not...
:mad: :p
I am working on an update. Mother Nature decided to intervene and remove power from parts of central Ohio for a while. :D

Somne off-Topic Fun

al_faris said:
so now we finally know where you're from :D

now we know the place where we will build the "Shrine of Remble"... We will pray to our almighty god of HoI2 that his skills will be carried on us... :rolleyes:

(Sorry, I couldn´t resist... :D, I´m playing too much Oblivion...)

trekaddict - A Cold War would make things interesting but would make my job a lot easier :)

robou - Thank you. Bombers make a big difference of course.

Reado - The Red Army is beginning to lose its fear factor as its numbers slowly dwindle.

cjwet, cosminus - WC may still not be possible given the timeframe involved. Remember I only have until 1953 in DD.

alan_le_cowboy - Suspense is always nice to have around and so far its easy enough to find some, but that does change once things are more or less over. I haven't forgotten about a meeting of my Generals but it will occur in March not February now.

Doge Robert - Thank you. Post BP Soviet Union would be a challenge certainly.

ColossusCrusher - The mega stack in Harbin is not going to be easy to kill but could open up Manchuria once I achieve it.

I Killed Kenny - I more or less have to WC to remove both the SU and US :D

Maj. von Mauser - Thanks. Tibet is a truly powerful foe and I will need my entire land and air force to even contemplate attacking it.

Nathan Madien - Persia having no partisans is a little odd but I dare say there is a history that would back that up somewhere.

Mattabesta - Six hours is some speed reading :D Welcome aboard.

elbasto - Losing Iraq would be a little embarrassing given that one wing of fighters could stop it dead.

UncleAlias - I like reading the fluff more than the AAR sometimes :)

Thurak - Manpower will be the largest obstacle to WC for certain as it does indeed greatly influence my ability to control partisans. I don't think I will be the one doing the Spring offensive.

Avatar018 - Thank you and welcome to both the forums and this little AAR :)

BobaFett696 - Ethiopia is just about impossible I think on any decent difficulty setting.

Krogzar - I have not been counting, I just greet them all with open arms and welcome them aboard :)

Fgorginator, Phax - Rather like my other AAR the enemy did not recognise that the primary export of New Zealand determines the winner. I have the wool so they are doomed.

thatguy - To kill the Bear I have to destroy most of Europe as they have cunningly held on to half of Albania which has a VP.

Gigalocus - It is approaching the point where I might have to try very hard to lose.

al_faris, Inner Circle - You know where I live yes and you also know where I am from, which is England originally. Ohio is a little larger than England so narrowing it down might prove difficult :)

alan_le_cowboy - Energy seems to be a permanent problem doesn't it :D

Update to follow of course ...

The Bear

0500 February 23rd 1947.
Kwantung Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

Terauchi was keeping an eye on Erenhot province for Higashikini as he continued to progress Operation Komodo in the Middle East.​

feb23470500gr1.jpg

Armour was the main priority for Japanese aircraft and a division had moved into Erenhot accompanied by a Motorised division. The army odds had reduced to no more than three to one against the Imperial Japanese Army but the numbers for Armoured forces was more towards ten to one and this had to be corrected. Teruachi would find himself in the midst of another brutal defence that began at 0900 hours.​

feb23470900gr1.jpg

The same experienced troops that had held Harbin for months before finally having to withdraw were now defending Mukden with Terauchi orchestrating the defence. The thirty three Soviet divisions that attacked as night fell had no real chance of success and suffered fairly substantial losses before the attack was called off just before dawn. The Japanese defenders were hardly scratched in return.​

feb24470200gr1.jpg

When dawn did arrive the side effect of trying to advance against Japanese forces materialised. Eight Dive bomber squadrons had plenty of targets to aim at but the snow and mountains would reduce their effect.​

feb24470300gr1.jpg

On the east coast Shima's Tactical bombers, operating from Ocha, had switched targets from northern Siberia to the area closer to Sakhalin. The Red Army troops that had been heavily guarding the island crossing had spread out as they headed towards Manchuria making them easier targets. The bombers had fully recovered from their losses around Vladivostok and were operating at full strength.​

0200 February 24th 1947.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamato, Gulf of Mannar.

There had been no reports at all concerning Momsen's Carrier fleet which was of some concern for Ozawa but he knew his own forces would encounter the enemy Carriers at some point.​

feb24470200gr3.jpg

CA Division 4 had arrived safely in Truk and combined with Admiral Takasu's CA Division 1 to make a larger and more capable fleet which should be able to aquit itself fairly well against most enemy fleets if it were to encounter them.​

1300 February 24th 1947.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

Progress was still good across Iraq and Persia as the small Japanese forces advanced against sporadic opposition. Higashikuni would receive good news during the late afternoon of February 24th.​

feb24471300gr1.jpg

Lt. General Nishihara was entering the outskirts of Baghdad and would shortly capture the Iraqi capital. There were an unknown number of enemy squadrons still using the airbase which would find themselves destroyed shortly.​

feb24471300gr2.jpg

Intelligence reports would indicate the possible loss of two British bomber squadrons amongst the forces destroyed on the airbase. Enemy aircraft numbers were always inaccurate and even worse for the British as Kuniaki had few agents n the Country. Japanese resource stockpiles gained very little as the British puppet was clearly supplying all it could to its masters in London.​

feb24471300gr3.jpg

Kuniaki's agents in the United States provided a more accurate report which was again suspect with regards to aircraft. Nine American fighter squadrons had been destroyed on the ground if the numbers were accurate but none of the Strategic bombers had been caught. There would be other Allied losses but Kuniaki had no agents in most of the smaller enemy Countries and would not be able to even hazard a guess as to the true number of enemy losses.​

0000 February 25th 1947.
Kwantung Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

The Japanese Dive bombers operating from Dalian altered targets on February 25th as they were making little progress in Ulan Hot.​

feb25470000gr1.jpg

They returned to Xinjing where there was easier prey even though the province remained snow covered. Terauchi needed to closely monitor this province as there would only be small windows of opportunity to remove enemy troops that were moving towards the province.​

feb25470100gr1.jpg

At 0100 hours a much larger Soviet force arrived in Erenhot province which forced Terauchi to launch a counter attack before even more enemy troops arrived to strengthen the position. General Nishio would be up against General Novikov on this occasion. Three to one odds with the ever present air support would be more than adequate to force Novikov to retreat without too much bloodshed.​

feb26470200gr1.jpg

Terauchi would attack again on February 26th as he himself commanded sixteen divisions as they launched an assault on Xinjing to remove the Armour that had just arrived. There were still what looked to be substantial enemy forces moving towards the province but Terauchi was doing his utmost to keep the numbers down as much as possible.​

feb26470200gr2.jpg

On the coast Shima had moved his bombers to Bogorodskoe province directly opposite Ocha and its narrow land connection, which was still blockaded by Japanese Destroyers. Osami would be happy with the news that only two divisions were left in the province and one of these was moving away. Operation Tedious may well find itself something else to target to annoy the enemy.​

1400 February 26th 1947.

The capture of Baghdad allowed Kondo to move his bombers back to Najaf to check on Allied forces in the province.​

feb26471400gr1.jpg

The arrival of a Brazilian Armoured division was not a welcome sight but Kondo could assist any attack fairly easily against only two enemy divisions. Around Baghdad the American Strategic bombers arrived in force just to reinforce the fact that they had not been at the provinces airbase when it had been captured.​

feb28470500gr1.jpg

Lt. General Hitomi led three divisions against the weakened Allied troops in Najaf at 0500 hours on February 28th. The defending divisions had seen their organisational structure relentlessly bombed by Kondo to clear the way for the attack which was over quickly as a result.​

feb29471800gr1.jpg

Kondo moved further north to take a look around Karbala on the 29th and his report was not something Higashikuni had expected. The Syrian army had not provided any support at all in Persia and had remained behind its own borders.

Nine or more enemy divisions were waiting for Japanese troops to advance into Karbala, Kirkuk or the new Iraqi capital of Mosul. Kirkuk was the only one of these three provinces that had Japanese troops marching towards it and they would continue to do so. Any advance into Syria was not too likely given the forces arrayed against the smaller Japanese forces on this front. Kondo was good at evening such odds but there was still a large Allied presence along the Indian border that needed his attention.​

feb30470200gr1.jpg

Closer to Lanzhou and Higashikuni another attack was ordered to prevent enemy build up as General Sakai led six divisions towards Yuling to repulse an Armoured division that had arrived in the province. Dive bombers from Beiping were already in attendance.​

0200 February 30th 1947.
North China Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

More Soviet troops arrived in Xinjing as February drew to a close which required another respose from Terauchi.​

feb30470200gr2.jpg

Bombers would support twenty one Japanese divisions as they threw out the latest six divisions to try and set up defences in the former capital of Manchukuo.​

2200 February 30th 1947.

The progress of Operation Komodo was beginning to bare fruit as Allied troops began to move away from India and towards Iraq in ever increasing numbers. The possible threat of being cut off from their supplies was most likely to be the main motivation.​

feb30472200gr1.jpg

General Anami marched back into Karachi after being forced to withdraw to Sukkur province. No enemy troops had managed to advance before his return and there was no attack against him as his troops went about re-occupying their previous defences.​

You know, I find the whole Idea of a Cold War fascinating, probably because I've never really experienced the dangers and the anxiety of ours (I was born in '85 ).