• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After one month beeing absent I read at least the last third auf 1946 and the beginning of 1947. Great deal with the red army, remble.

And I loved the updates from the Kremlin, the White House and Downing Street. You've shown us the bloody and the funny tides of war :top:

Three-thousand and one posts? That's quite an impressive feat. I wonder what heights this AAR will reach when you have finished painting the world yellow.

Now, for instance, the Emperor wants to hit 10k posts before, say, April 1952... :)

alan_le_cowboy - Thanks for pointing that out and it has been fixed :)

Murmurandus - Mamoru has been without a drinking partner since the Soviet Ambassador became a little less friendly so he had to find a new partner :D

Krogzar, Sokraates, Kurt_Steiner, ColossusCrusher - Thank you. It has taken some time to finally stabalise Energy a little.

Thurak - I don't mind micro-management too much most of the time and I nearly always pause at 0000 hours anyway to check production. I just have to click a few bomber wings extra while I am at it.

Doge Robert - Thank you. Soviet post BP would be a little interesting especially if I played them before they got BP'd in the first place. I can actually manage to set myself up to lose as the Soviets in a 1936 game on VH fairly easily.

harezmi - Thank you. Aircraft can fly in the same zone quite happily unless one side is running Air Superiority missions in which case the bombers would fight eachother. Neither of us are doing anything other than bombing so we can go about our business unmolested. If any squadron was on Air Superiority and it got into a fight then every aircraft in the region would also be forced to join in.

Ruodnane - It was nice of the Soviets to keep Ozawa entertained as he was growing bored off Ceylon. I will still play HoI after this AAR but the major difference would be this War lasting less than a month rather than lots of months :)

Nathan Madien, cosminus - Iraq has partisans yes. Persia does not though. Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, all minors on the Arabian peninsula and all British territory east of Suez also has partisans.

robou - I think those Submarines were lost as they have been spotted a few times trying to move one way or the other. I guess they don't need to worry about it anymore ;)

Maj. von Mauser - Thank you. My bombers are nearly always in action nowadays as they are not short of targets now that the Red Army has moved into Dive bomber range.

genbrad, Inner Circle - Energy is really the only resource I am worried about as the other negatives are all because of trade and not a Japanese shortfall. I can just cancel trade agreements if I really need to but Siam provides me with lots of Metal and Rare Materials from time to time. Armour would be nice but my manpower is still a little fragile.

Delex, Manziel - Just about all of the smaller Middle East countries are puppets which means I cannot make peace with them at all. My little gamble has paid off so far.

Juan_de_Marco - The US really does like invading Asia which is why I tried to keep them as far away as possible. Better Asia than Japan though.

safferli - I have a small box of tricks I use occasionally :) Roughly one third to half of my supplies are traded away on any given day depending on convoys.

elbasto - Mostly Venezuela and Argentina but places like Spain and Turkey are also contributing even though those convoys get slaughtered.

cjwet - Actually the positive Energy is from a trade surplus and not a stockpile. It doesn't stay positive for long and is only there now because my Oil increased enough to stop conversion from Energy for a time. I lose about 65 a day to conversion when Energy is making Oil.

Hermann Steiner - Thank you and welcome back :)

DvD-IT - 3000 posts is a lot for sure and is mostly down to all of you who take the time to do so. I have no idea when this AAR will end and I am still not sure I will do a World Conquest this time. Doing it once is fun but doing it again right afterwards might not be so appealing to me or all of you. As there is no other Japanese '44 AAR that ends in a World Conquest I might try though but this is HoI DD and the time might be a little short to accomplish it.

Update to follow ...

The Bear

2100 February 12th 1947.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamato, Gulf of Mannar.

American fleets had not managed to work out a safe route through the air patrols throughout the Pacific which enabled another Carrier fleet to be detected before it could surprise any Japanese shipping.​

feb12472100gr1.jpg

This fleet was a more serious threat to the Heavy Cruisers operating around Truk and they would be ordered to wait for night by Ozawa. Admiral Momsen was in command of both the USS Constellation and USS America as Mj. General Kusaka encountered the fleet in the Southwest Marshalls as it headed west towards the Carolines.​

0200 February 13th 1947.
Kwantung Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

Enemy ground forces were still arriving in small quantities in Xinjing province in Manchukuo, which forced Teruachi to attack them periodically to prevent any large build up.​

feb13470200gr1.jpg

General Ando would lead the latest assault as twelve Japanese divisions were used to dislodge the largely Armoured force currently occupying Xinjing. Air support would provide adequate assistance and the battle would not be a long one.​

feb13470400gr1.jpg

Further north the latest amphibious assault along the Siberian coastline was targetted at Chumikan province to the west of Sakhalin Island. Osami was using this invasion more as a reconnaisance mission than anything else as he wished to know how many enemy troops were further inland.​

0700 February 13th 1947.

Admiral Takasu, commander of CA Division 1 based in Truk, was ordered to set sail to try and intercept Admiral Momsen just before dusk on February 13th.​

feb13470700gr1.jpg

The Carriers had been spotted as they attempted to transit throught the East Carolines by patrolling aircraft. Momsen's fleet was extremely fast moving which enabled it to avoid contact with CA Division 1 and to also evade any further sightings by air patrols in the region. Ozawa would have to wait and see where this fleet would be picked up next as it had to cross some form of patrol sooner or later.​

2200 February 13th 1947.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

The Japanese invasion of Iraq and Persia was still very much in its infancy but the enemy was already responding with ever increasing force despite the bad terrain in the area.​

feb13472200gr1.jpg

Mj. General Tsuji was charged with defending the supply lines moving through Basrah where his division was attacked by two Allied divisions that had recently arrived in Najaf. His position was a little precarious but Tsuji was more than equal to the task as he outmanouvered his opponent to buy time for the Tactical bombers to arrive and provide assistance. He would win the small scale battle with relative ease.​

1100 February 15th 1947.
Naval Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

The invasion of Chumikan went smoothly as the Soviet fleet stayed in the west well away from the Imperial Japanese Navy.​

feb15471100gr1.jpg

Osami ordered the Cavalry back onboard the waiting Transport ships after he obtained the information he required. They could easily be forced to leave by the much larger Soviet force to the south west and Osami preferred to do that sort of thing ahead of time. The Cavalry would return to Japan and await their next target of opportunity.​

1500 February 16th 1947.

The latest reports from Iraq had arrived on Higashikuni's desk and he quickly scanned through them to check on progress.​

feb16471500gr1.jpg

Kondo had cleared the enemy build up in Najaf to secure the Japanese supply lines in the region and had moved north to check on the defences of Baghdad. The two outdated Infantry defending the Iraqi capital would be systematically bombed to reduce their organisation which would allow an attack by Japanese ground troops. The recent capture of Bakhtaran province to the east of Baghdad allowed two divisions to be available for such an assault when the time was right.​

feb16472000gr1.jpg

At 2000 hours on February 16th two more divisions arrived in Basrah to support the landings. General Sakabara's Headquarters and a Cavalry division had been picked up in India and transported to the landing zone. The invasion was slowly causing the Allied divisions on the Indian border to alter direction and head away from India as their own supply lines came under threat.​

feb17470700gr1.jpg

In the early hours of February 17th Higashikuni judged the time was right to attack Baghdad and the orders were sent out to the divisions involved. Lt. General Nishihara, one of the more capable Japanese commanders, would lead the assault supported from Bakhtaran province and by Kondo's Tactical bomber group. The weakened defenders would not put up much resistance from the combined attack.​

feb17470300gr1.jpg

Lt. General Shimoyama was ordered to attack a Red Army Mechanised division that had entered Yinchuan province to prevent any possibility of it trying to remove Higashikuni's Headquarters from Lanzhou. Soviet forces were arriving in Bayan Nur to the north of Yinchuan in ever increasing numbers which could present some problems once the snow melted along the Japanese defensive line.​

1800 February 17th 1947.

The presence of a Carrier fleet in the Pacific required some sort of Naval response and Ozawa had few choices as he also had to support landings in the Middle East and Siberia as well as protect Ceylon from invasion.​

feb17471800gr1.jpg

He decided to move CA Division 4 from Vanua Levu in the Fiji Islands to Truk where it would join with CA Division 1 to form a larger force that could handle anything but a large enemy fleet. There had still been no further sighting of Momsen and his two Carriers and they could be almost anywhere in the Pacific by now.​

0300 February 18th 1947.
Kwantung Army Headquarters. Mukden, Manchukuo.

For the last several months things had settled down to almost a stalemate in Manchuria as Teruachi repeatedly held his lines against Soviet aggression. There were signs that this could change in the near future.​

feb18470300gr1.jpg

What looked to be a substantial force had been spotted moving towards Xinjing from Harbin which could cause Terauchi any number of headaches if it arrived in a large mass. Small counter attacks would be made until such time as something more major might be required. Vladivostok seemed to be fairly critical to the Soviets and they were much more likely to attack if they controlled the province.​

0300 February 18th 1947.
The Skies Above Bandar Abbas.

Kondo had been called back towards the Indian border as Allied troops began to move towards the invasion zone.​

feb18470300gr2.jpg

The three modern Infantry divisions in Bandar Abbas could threaten the current advances being made by Japanese forces in the area and cause large delays if they were not dealt with promptly. Allied forces moving towards Karachi had reduced which could allow the province to be defended again before the enemy could even arrive to capture it.​

feb19470600gr1.jpg

Kondo would be called back to Najaf the next day as more Allied troops moved into the area. Japanese suppy lines had to be protected and there seemed to be a steady stream of enemy troops moving into the area from the west.​

0000 February 20th 1947.
Airforce Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

The upgrading of Japan's Interceptor forces was progresing slowly with some wings rotating around from time to time to speed up the process.​

feb20470000gr1.jpg

Jun ordered Mj. General Watanabe to move his fully upgraded wing to Pyongyang in Korea to take over the duties of Mj. General Fukui who moved to Tokyo to modernise his own aircraft.​

feb20470000gr2.jpg

As always Japanese bombers were very busy picking out various targets across Asia and the Middle East. Having destroyed the Mechanised division in Yinchuan, Shimoyama returned to Erenhot to attack a recently advanced Soviet Armoured division.​

feb20470800gr1.jpg

Further north in the snows of Siberia Shima's recovering Tactical bomber group had removed two of the three divisions in Magadan province and were now attacking the remaining Armoured division. Almost all of his bomber group was now fully repaired and they would receive new orders once the Armoured division had been destroyed.​

0300 February 21st 1947.

Higashikuni was used to balancing his forces to provide as much advantage as he could get in areas that he wished to advance, and he was orchestrating the invasion of the Middle East for the time being.​

feb21470300gr1.jpg

His principal weapon was Kondo and his Tactical bombers which had again moved east to target the enemy forces in Bandar Abbas. Damage was increasing but at least one division would need to be removed from the province to provide Japanese forces with more security during their advance.​

feb22471700gr1.jpg

The arrival of General Abe in the mountains of Esfahan on February 22nd caused an immediate attack from the enemy troops in Bandar Abbas, which had fortunately been reduced to only two damaged divisions by this time. Abe would hold the province as the bombers returned to provide support at dawn. Higashikuni was farily pleased with progress as his small forces had managed to keep moving forwards without pause since the invasion began.​

You know, some sort of cold war scenario would take east-west rivalry to a completely new level. I'm for not doing a WC.

The success of your Middle Eastern plan with such few forces at its disposal is seriously impresive. Of course, Kondo's bombers are, as you stated, the most important arm of that invasion. None the less, the success of the operation, and the imminent conquest of Bagdad is very impressive ;)

all i want to see is the mighty bear turn into a dancing bear for the amusment of the japaneese public. America is pushed back, the UK has no resource to fight. Only the Soviets are the major problem.

I would like to see a WC.
At the beginning of this AAR it seems to be only a matter of time to lose.
Now you could show the opposite and it would be a cool thing to see japanes soldiers in New York.
I don't know if anybody else has ever won a 1944 Japan game and was able ot do a WC.

cjwet said:
I would like to see a WC.
At the beginning of this AAR it seems to be only a matter of time to lose.
Now you could show the opposite and it would be a cool thing to see japanes soldiers in New York.
I don't know if anybody else has ever won a 1944 Japan game and was able ot do a WC.

The story is interesting as long as there is suspense.
After the turning point, its better to stop.

Doge Robert - Thank you. Soviet post BP would be a little interesting especially if I played them before they got BP'd in the first place. I can actually manage to set myself up to lose as the Soviets in a 1936 game on VH fairly easily.

That was what I had in mind.. Your trademark, so to say, is to avoid any gamey tactics and strategies, and with that in mind a post-PB Soviet Union, not especially played from '36 with that in mind, could very well by a hard challenge, worthy of your efforts.. Or so, at least, I believe.. :)

And great update.. I like your tactics on how to disturb the SU forces very much.. It might very well be what a truly talented general would do, although it does of course rely somewhat on the fact that the AI tends to remove the troops once the area is safe once more..

As for your idea in the middle east, that is simply genius.. Very well done.. :)

I think that killing the megastack in Harbin might be the start of the end. I may be wrong, of course.

No, he needs to save his next WC for the Ethiopian '36 scenario.

We all know that even after his has finished knocking out the rest of the world, Tibet will still be impossible for the Rising Sun.

Good progress Remble.

Very nice progress, Remble, especially in Asia. I think it is weird that Persia has no partisans. :confused:

If Japan took over the world, I can imagine Hello Kitty being the Prime Minister of the World. :rofl: I mean, she is a global icon after all. Or maybe Pikachu, since he is yellow.

Last edited:
Hello Kitty?
Why not...[prepare for politically incorrect joke] Hilo Hito?
:D
But really, I'd rather have MechaGodzilla. :)

ColossusCrusher said:
Hello Kitty?
Why not...[prepare for politically incorrect joke] Hilo Hito?
:D
But really, I'd rather have MechaGodzilla. :)

Mechagodzilla? No, he is not Bushido. The Normal Godzilla would be a far better choice.

finished reading this about 6 hours of reading :wacko:
really good hope you can one day knock the us out but for now survival is a bit moar important