• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, a positive balance in this stage of the war is a real triumph! Congrats!

Remble said:
Thurak, alan_le_cowboy, I Killed Kenny, Panzer6 - Persia was indeed handed back by the Soviets some time after the fall of Germany. I had a look in the game history but couldn't find the exact date in amongst the large amount of information. I will look in more depth when I have the time. Therefore I can annex Iraq without obtaining a border with the Soviets and will do if possible. Where I might go after that remains to be seen.

Ouch, forgot about that. Well, it´s not so important to know when exactly that happened... but if you ever want to look for something in the gamelog: open your latest savegame and use the search function from the text editor. The game history is at the bottom of the file. Far better than the ingame-possibility.

Hope not only your ministers celebrated with tea :D, good job!

And I admire your micromanagement concerning those bombers. I would rather die than do that.

Either somone has poured Saké down the throats of the accountants, before they started their work or you've performed true magic with your dealings.. :D

Pulling this one off is an example of pure brilliance and I salute you..

Now.. let's get back to Operation Skyfire, which is my personal nick for what you're currently pulling off on the Asian front.. ;)

Fire_from_the_sky_1.jpg

Somehow, I imagine that this is what the Soviet troops dream about at night...​

On a note Remble, I just read something, which gave me an idea for another AAR, if you want one: Post-BP SU.. On VH it's rumored to be not only hard, but nigh impossible to do.. Sounds like something right up your alley.. ;)

Out of curiosity, Remble, are there partisans in Iraq? I think it would be weird if the Japanese didn't face partisan trouble whereas in real life it is a totally different story for the Americans.

Doge Robert said:
Either somone has poured Saké down the throats of the accountants, before they started their work or you've performed true magic with your dealings.. :D

Pulling this one off is an example of pure brilliance and I salute you.

Well, it is Japan. They have an stockpile of the magic resource. ;)

Ginjiro: Kinomoto-san, please use your magical powers to correct our energy problem.
Sakura: Hai! *uses magic to boost energy production*

Last edited:
An odd place for Soviet level 1 Submarines to be finding themselves... And good news on the energy front, now you just have to attend to the others that are falling :)

Nice update. Always good to see the bombers in action.

I agree, how on earth did soviet subs get to Ceylon? Also YEAH for ENERGY! Now lets work on rare materials and MORE ARMOR!

Excellent work, looks like your gambling pays off

Delex said:
Maybe it would be constructive to push the states as Iran out of the war with a separate peace in which your receive some land.
IIRC this wont be possible as Remble is leader of the axis and Persia is in the Allies. If one of the would be in a minor alliance, there should be no problem but unfortunately this is not the case.

Finally!

Doge Robert said:
On a note Remble, I just read something, which gave me an idea for another AAR, if you want one: Post-BP SU.. On VH it's rumored to be not only hard, but nigh impossible to do.. Sounds like something right up your alley.. ;)

i tried. in 1949 i was in Miami beach :) it is not that hard. the hard thing is what Remble is doing right now.

congratulations Remble, positive energy flow, you opened a new era in hearts of iron history.

and wondering during your ground attack missions in Middle East, how do you manage to be away from enemy bombers? as i understand from this situation which i thought the opposite, if the enemy bombers are strategic bombing an area, then you don`t get into fight with them even you`re flying in the same area. ???

Silly Sowjet diving boats on exercise off Ceylon - I told you the 2nd Far-Eastern Fleet would make an appearance! They even found some of the boats from the first time around. Also, the Middle East has become quite the little conversation piece, it would seem.

(I think Remble will be so sick of HoI by the end of this AAR that further games of it will be the last thing on his mind.)

Nathan Madien said:
Out of curiosity, Remble, are there partisans in Iraq? I think it would be weird if the Japanese didn't face partisan trouble whereas in real life it is a totally different story for the Americans.

Well, because in my games there are partisans in Iraq, I presume also Remble do have this issue.

I'm actually sort of using your strategy now in an Italy-game, where the German AI AND the Japanese AI are messing it all up, and it falls to me to clean out the minors, open fronts to distract the enemy and keep that energy-balance up. So far, we're back to pre-barbarossa borders, except that I hold the Caucasus and the Russians took Konigsberg. Japan AI did not join the German AI in war, so no free blueprints, but I decided to deal with it. Americans are landing all over the place in Asia, but I just took out the Netherlands and prepare to take out the Philippines. it is fall '43 and getting tough now. I'm almost out of manpower, and don't have much of an airforce to take advantage of every retreating Soviet Divison...

Ah, a fine trick you are using to keep the oil in Iraq and later in China. Must remember this for my own games!

123IC in supplies is an awful lot. How much of those supplies are traded away?

cosminus said:
Well, because in my games there are partisans in Iraq, I presume also Remble do have this issue.

Oh, okay. I didn't know if the Middle East has partisans or not. I know certain areas don't have partisans.