• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm still wondering what Remble is trying to achieve, long-term, against the USSR.

Annexation? Stalemate? Getting their belligerance so high that the Allies DOW them?

Per the way I see it this can end only:
Bad end:
-An AI nation (USSR, UK or USA) will be stupid enough to eventually research nuclear technology and start to nuke Japan.
-The allies will eventually overpower Japan (No matter how effectively he plays) and make it brake.

Good end:
-Allies DOW USSR (I don't need to explain further lol).

this could be the last straw for the Royal Navy. The loss of a modern carrier and two battleships never could bode well for them.

it seems like the only real way to completely defeat japan is to go the historical way and drop nukes. but as long as the AI won't do it (and it won't) neither the soviets nor allies can threaten japanese home islands.

Nathan Madien - 1 Infantry division from Mengkokuo is defending Hong Kong :)

Kurt_Steiner, elbasto, robou - I have to find that British fleet to sink it and its faster than mine as always.

safferli - As far as I know the research penalty only applies to research that is over a year ahead. If I am wrong then I have been playing HoI for too many years in the dark :D

Sokraates - The Soviets like Winter fighting it seems, they don't give much time for me to increase my manpower thats for sure. Vladivostok is fairly easy to determine my course of action so you are probably right. The 100% trade means their main Carrier fleet is still undergoing repairs I think.

UncleAlias - Annexation is the goal.

Delex - The longer the war goes on without me making advances the worse my position should become as they all out produce me.

Onlyhestands - Encirclements may happen in the future but I still need to reduce the Red Army by quite a bit before I can advance to do so.

gooy - Correct the Allies cannot nuke. The Allies could land in Japan if they reverse the situation in the Pacific while I am busy with the Soviets.

alan_le_cowboy - They found some documents in Pearl Harbour and the results for those will be in the annual update for January 1st.

The update will be tomorrow night.

Are the '45 infantry divisions yours or from Manchukuo?
I was thinking that as manpower and TC strapped as you are, isn't it useful to use more brigades? You'll have more punch then. If you use towed artillery you'll keep the supplycosts down as well.

on another note: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Research#Researching_ahead_of_time

I hope you will, but fear you can't, resolve the continental situation before you run out of your stockpile of energy..

A comment by Remble without an update? I think this is only the second or third time in two AARs that such a thing happened.

Would it be too much to ask you for the numbers of Soviet divisions destroyed by you and replaced by the SU since the beginning of the war? The first months weren't very representative due to strategic redeployments but I think those have ended in October.

Sokraates said:
Would it be too much to ask you for the numbers of Soviet divisions destroyed by you and replaced by the SU since the beginning of the war? The first months weren't very representative due to strategic redeployments but I think those have ended in October.

I think the most intersting thing about SOV would be its actual MP.

As Kanitatlan already said : with its IC, spamming divisions is not a problem, MP leak is the only issue.

It would be nice that a Japanese spy could have an overview of a SOV production screen.

Last edited:
UncleAlias said:
:eek:

Okay, that's ambition or I don't know what is.
I feel so bad for doubting him right now :(

Edit: Deep inside i know i will be wrong in a few years :p

alan_le_cowboy said:
I think the most intersting thing about SOV would be its actual MP.

As Kanitatlan already said : with its IC, spamming divisions is not a problem, MP leak is the only issue.

It would be nice that a Japanese spy could have an overview of a SOV production screen.

I read a post on Soviet MP some months ago, where one gamer stated that he, playing Germany, had actually managed to bring Soviet MP to zero (!).

The trick was to batter the divisions but not to destroy them. The MP required for reinforcement slowly whittled away the reserves and eventually halted any modernization of the Red Army.

Just don't ask me how long this experiment took.

Remble said:
safferli - As far as I know the research penalty only applies to research that is over a year ahead. If I am wrong then I have been playing HoI for too many years in the dark :D
Well, I'm pretty sure you get the daily penalty for as long as you're not in the historical year. The wiki says so, and from my (limited) HoI experience I can confirm this. Wouldn't make much sense, if the ahead-of-time penalty stopped one year before the actual historical year, would it? ;)

Then again, I am not an expert and might be wrong.

safferli said:
Well, I'm pretty sure you get the daily penalty for as long as you're not in the historical year. The wiki says so, and from my (limited) HoI experience I can confirm this. Wouldn't make much sense, if the ahead-of-time penalty stopped one year before the actual historical year, would it? ;)

Then again, I am not an expert and might be wrong.

Its true but it is generally considered that 1 year penalty can be offset by other bonus (blueprints, good tech teams with high score or many tech match).
For example, 1 year ahead gives you an approx. 50% penalty and having field of expertise gives you a 50% bonus.

Last edited:
Could a group of Japanese troops be able to cut the USSR in half and drop their supply chain to nil? You could go quite far into Central Asia to do that.
Or hit their oil fields from bases in northern India or Persia.

M79 said:
Could a group of Japanese troops be able to cut the USSR in half and drop their supply chain to nil? You could go quite far into Central Asia to do that.
Or hit their oil fields from bases in northern India or Persia.

It's near impossible. The polar provinces all have 0% infra with the exception of the 2 immediately east of Archangelsk. He'd have to run all the way to Europe to make it work.