• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must admit I am surprised that you have so much manpower left. I mean, half a year of fighting against the Bear and you only lost some manpower... a significant amount of it against the US at Hawaii I guess.

Impressive.

Remble said:
"I am not sure I like that name either." stated the Emperor.

Seconded. :D Then again, "retreat" it's something the opposing forces do regularly. At least if propaganda is to be believed. ;)

What do you use your money reserves for? Canceling trade agreements to renegotiate them is one way, though it also lowers your relationship to the country concerned, so I guess you negotiate a new trade and cancel the old one afterward. Am I correct? What else do you use money for? Influencing nations? Spies?

Thank you for the very detailed insight into your resource situation. It's funny how interesting such dull information can be.

I see pineapples aren't the only thing making Hawaii yellow. :p

alan_le_cowboy said:
About Persia, until now, you said you do not want to invade it to avoid to increase your frontline.
Now you are at war with SOV, you could, after having finished the UK troops bombing:
- run into Persia with aircover given by Bandar Abbas base,
- annex,
- retreat and let SOV take Persia.
I see three advantages : you remove Persia and get stockpile, you divert some SOV units from North China and you prevent UK from attacking as they are not allied with SOV.

I see a problem with that theory. Remble would need enough forces to get across Persia without somehow getting bogged down and possibly cut off. Where is Remble going to come up with the necessary divisions? I doubt he would weaken other fronts just to open a new one.

Last edited:
I concur over the manpower issue. Perhaps it will alleviate a little over winter, but in the spring will be the moment of destiny.

I wonder how much manpower should you have gained if you could receive manpower from mainland Asia?

Of course it would be just a fraction of China's manpower but still it's a game flaw that now threatens your whole campaign... tsk tsk tsk. Too bad.

Maybe creating a "land bridge" in the Korea strait? Or with Formosa?

The problem is that with the land bridge he need many, many, many less convoys, since the Japan-mainland one is no longer needed.
But yeah, he would gain obscene (for Japan) levels of MP, perhaps more than one a day...

I don't think Remble will open a front in persia untill russia is dead. So please stop asking for it, he doesn't have spare units, or even the units to keep russia away from very important provinces in korea. He held out in mansouria (or however you spell that) wonderfully, and will keep them important provinces for a while longer.

But there are no available troops for an invasion into persia.

If he had spare troups I'd love to see an invasion in South Africa, just becuz it looks pretty ;-)

ColossusCrusher, elbasto: Remble pointed out he'll never create a landbridge between Japan and mainland asia, so no matter how obscene the manpower increase would be, it's never going to happen

/Krogzar

I know that, I was just stating an added effect that it would have.

Ooh!
Operation Obscene!

I know Remble that u cross from your mind to puppet China for extra MP... Am r8? :cool:

Mythos1978 said:
I know Remble that u cross from your mind to puppet China for extra MP... Am r8? :cool:

Correct. Remble stated on many occasions that he will not create puppets since they would make the game too easy.

Regarding the discussion on the possible invasion of Persia: allowing the Soviets to take Persia may block the Allies but that would actually be detrimental to Japan's cause. By giving the Soviets another front to swamp would make victory a very remote hope, not to say illusion. Remble doesn't have the troops necessary to defend India (which he needs for its energy) from the Soviet onslaught. The Soviet could capture India rather quickly and advance with relative ease until Burma and eastern China. So an invasion of Persis could effectively compromise the whole war against the Soviet Union

This reminds me of two nice names for future operations: Operation Cause and Operation Effect. Or "Crime" and "Punishment", if you prefer Dostoevsky. ;)

Sokraates said:
This reminds me of two nice names for future operations: Operation Cause and Operation Effect. Or "Crime" and "Punishment", if you prefer Dostoevsky. ;)
Or "Pride" and "Prejudice", if you prefer Jane Austen :D

An impassable connection.
Like the desert provinces in North Africa. Just a connection with an X between Japan and Korea.

safferli said:
Or "Pride" and "Prejudice", if you prefer Jane Austen :D

That would be ironic, having the Japanese use an English book to come up with code names.

considering Japan great success on recruiting Chinese, it is unfair not to benefit China`s MP. especially if this is a VH game in 1944 ! but this is Remble, he likes to struggle