• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The last battleship gone, and the Carriers sure to soon run out, there can't be much navy left to stop you... only those damn destroyers sinking your subs!

Remble said:
I will be going backwards so you might want to get used to that idea.

As long as you face Tokyo while doing so, we don't mind. :D

Once again a great update. The USN is crippled beyond recognition, the Australians fight back and IJN submarines keep sinking. Nor *that's* entertainment.

Oh, before I forget: I'm eagerly looking forward to March.

can i ask what game speed you are playing at, as you seem to not miss a single fight and yet you are incredibly reliable for making updates.

keep up the good work and lets hope that the sov's DOW you so you dont have to face any dissent. though i also think that you should try and take out the us for good instead of facing off with the sov's as they will just kill you like the germans through trading time and space until they can get their reinforcements in. Also think about the huge amount of IC in the US, which will mean that you will be able to take on the russians with more ease, also with the right ministers you would be able to get quite a bit of man power.

but as always i trust your judgement as it hasn't been wrong so far.

rampagingmouse said:
can i ask what game speed you are playing at, as you seem to not miss a single fight and yet you are incredibly reliable for making updates.
Speed is not linked to miss / do not miss fights.
You just have to modify default setup to get pop-up window and automatic pause for each fight.

I feel there ought to be a little celebration marking the last battleship.

stnylan said:
I feel there ought to be a little celebration marking the last battleship.

*Nods*

banzai.jpg

alan_le_cowboy said:
Speed is not linked to miss / do not miss fights.
You just have to modify default setup to get pop-up window and automatic pause for each fight.

thanks i will try that.

rampagingmouse said:

keep up the good work and lets hope that the sov's DOW you so you dont have to face any dissent. though i also think that you should try and take out the us for good instead of facing off with the sov's as they will just kill you like the germans through trading time and space until they can get their reinforcements in. Also think about the huge amount of IC in the US, which will mean that you will be able to take on the russians with more ease, also with the right ministers you would be able to get quite a bit of man power.

but as always i trust your judgement as it hasn't been wrong so far.

If you read his update, you would notice that he told you not to expect any advances. It will be he who trades for time.

Anyways, nice update Remble. I congratulate you on sinking the last American battleship. Hopefully we see the last carrier soon.

Too bad about the resistance in Australia.

Fgorginator, Phax - Thank you. No I am not a military tactician but I have been playing either board games or computer strategy games for over 20 years. I expect to be DoW'd by the Soviets and I think staying neutral with them is out of my hands, but I could still start the War before them.

robou - Late game Subs are nothing short of coffins it seems. They are proving extremely vunerable and unable to sink anything. They are best at convoy sinking and should probably only do that.

Sokraates - Thanks. March might be interesting :)

rampagingmouse - I play on below normal with some events on pop-up and pause. Naval combat and Country events are the main two I use. At this time of the game below normal is a crawl so I can easily pause every hour for screenshots if required. Unfortunately manpower is something I never gain from conquests whilst at War. Manpower does not go to island Japan and I have to survive on local recruits only.

stnylan, HannibalBarca - A small celebration indeed, provided by HannibalBarca :D

Maj. von Mauser - Thank you. The Allies have to fight back sometimes and Australia is a harmless sort of playground for them to do it in.

Update to follow ...

Operation Obsolete

2200 February 5th 1946.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Osaka.

The latest reports on Ozawa's desk told of more enemy troops sighted in Australia. They had been found by Dive bombers on the east coast.​

feb5462200gr1.jpg

Both modern Infantry divisions were heading towards Brisbane in an attempt to halt the Japanese advance.​

feb6461100gr1.jpg

The remnants of Admiral Calhoun's fleet made the mistake of heading for the safety of Ngulu. Only the Submarine Division would survive long enough to reach the small harbour after the 61st Destroyer Division was sunk by the Battleship IJN Ise. The 14th Submarine Division would be sunk in port by Tactical bombers as the time approached for another attempt to remove the stubborn United States troops from Ngulu.​

feb6462200gr1.jpg

After sinking the Transport ships in Rabaul Gondo had been re-tasked to finish off the fleet in the port on Admiralty Island. He would not get very far as an Australian Fighter squadron grounded Gondo's wing after intercepting it.​

feb7461500gr1.jpg

At 1500 hours on February 7th Mj. General Akashika led the 14th Army in to Rockhampton. Australian industrial centers were now directly vunerable to the south, beginning with Brisbane.​

feb7462300gr1.jpg

Akashika would reverse direction eight hours later as the two Australian divisions moving from the south arrived in Brisbane before him and counter attacked. The Dive bombers would be responsible for removing these divisions to clear the path for Japanese troops. The large amount of anti-aircraft in this area would not make the job any easier.

Troops had been rested and no enemy fleet had been detected anywhere near the Carolines for two days. Ozawa gave the go ahead for the third attempt on Ngulu at 0000 hours on February 10th. BB Division 2 and all available Tactical bomber squadrons would assist.​

feb10460000gr1.jpg

Imamura again led the marine assault with Itakagi leading the strengthened support attack from Yap. The odds began in Japan's favour and after a night of fighting remained that way. Six American divisions would surrender at 2200 hours on February 10th. The Carolines were now almost certain to be totally under the control of the Emperor in due course.​

feb10462200gr1.jpg

Four Tactical bomber wings, having been battered by non stop ground and ship attacks recently, headed for various airbases around the Pacific to try and recover their strength before the next round of attacks began.

Carrier Group D had tried in vain to sink a Canadian Transport Flotilla during the first week of February. Their failure to do so would now result in the loss of a province as the Transport arrived at its destination.​

feb13460100gr1.jpg

At 0100 on February 13th Allied troops were once again on New Guinea. Merauke was still very much uppermost in their thoughts it seemed. The infantry marching back towards Merauke from the Bismarck Range would be halted in its tracks. The resting Tactical bombers were scrambled to deal with this latest threat.​

Admiral Mikawa had been heading towards the Torres Strait to assist with the advance on the east coast of Australia. He would alter course and head for Nhulunbuy to embark the division there. The fastest way to retake Merauke was to counter invade again.​

feb13461400gr1.jpg

Imamura and Banzai arrived on Ngulu at 1400 hours on February 13th. The Carolines were now under complete Japanese control. A short period of rest would be required prior to the next phase of operations.​

feb14460000gr1.jpg

The Canadian Transport Flotilla tried to pass through the Torres Strait but would fail to do so. The Submarines would not sink it but would force it into Merauke.​

feb15460800gr1.jpg

Mj. General Kitajima lead his troops towards Merauke onboard a landing craft as Tactical bombers pounded the defending Canadian division. The battle over swiftly with more captives for Japan. The bombers would sink the Transport fleet in the harbour before it could do any more damage.​

feb16460600gr1.jpg

Ozawa ordered the next offensive moves to begin at 0600 hours on February 16th. The freshly rested infantry divisions were embarked from Yap, and made their way towards the Dampier Strait onboard 15. Kaigun commanded by Admiral Kaga. BB Division 2 and Carrier Group D also headed for the same area to protect this fleet.​

feb17461200gr1.jpg

Kitajima reclaimed Merauke at 1200 hours on the 17th and was picked up and dropped back in Nhulunbuy where he was protecting the Japanese depot in Australia.​

feb17461300gr1.jpg

Carrier Group D was the first Japanese fleet to arrive in the Dampier Strait. The already badly damaged Light Cruiser USS Sante Fe would be the first ship sunk by IJN Zuikaku and its aircraft for some time.​

feb18462200gr1.jpg

By dawn on February 18th Australian resistance around Brisbane had been crushed and Lt. General Funabiki the province. There appeared to be nothing between him and the Australian capital of Canberra. Aircraft could still not confirm the lack of enemy troops in the area but no further sightings had been made.​

feb19460100gr1.jpg

BB Division 2 had moved further south in to the St. George's Channel. Koga would protect the invasion of Rabaul. Two Australian Destroyer Flotillas were encountered and unfortunately they managed to close on the Japanese Submarines before Koga's Battleships could get in range. The Imperial Japanese Navy would lose two more Submarine Flotillas, 11. and 21. Unterseebootsflottille, and would sink both Destroyer Flotillas. IJN Fuso would claim both.​

feb19461100gr1.jpg

Another Submarine failure would occur on February 19th as two American Transport Divisions escaped the blockade of Admiralty Island and New Ireland. Both had been carrying troops.​

feb20460000gr1.jpg

Two invasions began simultaneously on February 20th with troops heading for Rabaul and Gasmata to secure the island. The troops that had been on the Transports to the north had been landed in New Ireland and not Rabaul fortunately.​

feb20461900gr1.jpg

Australian troops re-took Mount Isa at 1900 hours on February 20th and were counter attacked by Yokoyama Isa on arrival. They would be forced to retreat but would not survive the return journey as they were now in range of Japanese bombers. A similar fate would await the division that had arrived in Blackall which was attempting to cut the Japanese invasion in two.​

Your progress on all active offensive fronts pleases me. :D

Finallyyou return to Rabaul! Hurrah! Looks like Australia will be a walk over now that those divisions have come in range of your aircraft.

It seems we're getting plenty of offensives before things will calm down once the war with the SU starts.

The way your submarines perform, one would think that "SS" stands for "Shame Ship". Though it is telling, that the IJN has refused to put "IJN" in front of the submarines' designations.

Or perhaps "Sucky submarine"?

And congratz on your writAAR of the week award, well deserved.

Good job, happy to see you are now attacking Solomon islands where enemy airplanes are swarming like bees.

Would it be possible, in next monthly report, to have a summary of your damaged ships?

Last edited:
It is really very sweet of them to continue their efforts in New Guinea.

Quite good to finally get that last Caroline Island sorted out though.