• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am slightly confused by the names of the American carriers that Remble sank. I am confused because I am pretty sure the Ranger and others have already been sunk. Are the Americans just reusing names at this point?

Maj. von Mauser said:
And what is he doing lately, besides commanding some Troop Transports? :D

Admirals don't get kicked out of a job - they are simply downgraded to smaller vessels.

that was a punch in the face for the US loosing three carriers by bombers.

In my last US game i´ve played, í´ve discovered that the US naval doctrine is useless when you don´t have air superority. (a italian lvl1 NAV sunk three of my lvl6 CV´s because i´ve got no air superority)

for me my favourite naval doctrine is the german one. (with the right SAG Fleet you can destroy the whole royal navy in a few months!)

btw: good luck in down under!

Nice update as always.

I have some questions:

1) Thinking about the future, when you will fight SOV, you will have few planes available to continue USA naval attrition.
Are you thinking about building some more NAV, they are not very MP consuming ?

2) Sometimes, in Arma 1.2, I had random event giving me more MP as JAP (refugee event if I recall well).
Do you know if there are these events in your version / scenario?

3) Again on MP issue, in December '45, you had 77 MP and in January '46, only 68. You lost almost 10 MP even with positive daily increase. What is the reason? Is it due to the launch of new units?

Last edited:
Tuscaloosa ... what a fitting name. :D

Congratulations on taking revenge for the IJN Hyuga. Now she can rest in peace.

Australia may seem like pushover now, but there's a chance that you will meet stiff resistance in the south. furthermore a US-invasion can not be ruled out. My, my, my .. is this going to be exciting.

Apart from that, in my eyes the next mayor points of excitement will be:

1) invasion of Attu
2) invasion of Soviet Union

Keep up the good work and thank you for doing what you can to make this AAR interesting.

cjwet said:
The AI will always use the same ship names. You could sink several ships with the same name. So that was not the last USS Ranger.

That's what really happens though, IRL lady Lex was rebuilt around '44. I wonder when Remble will come across the old girl again (probably already has several times without me noticing, lol).

In any case good luck :D .

Sokraates said:
Apart from that, in my eyes the next mayor points of excitement will be:
1) invasion of Attu
2) invasion of Soviet Union

Yeah, the exciting battle for Attu. Nearly as exciting as a full scale war against the Soviets without manpower reserves. :p

@remble: Hope you enjoy playing and posting as much as we enjoy to read this thread :)

Well that must have hurt the USN a lot. Australia looks good and Truk has fallen... can anything but the Red Giant stop you now?

what i would like to know is how many sheep were captured from the new zealander's when Turk was re captured?

Holy cow! Those bombers really teared Rabaul apart! I never knew that the port bombing mission was so effective... Three CVs sunk and countless other ships as well! That's certainly going to be a relief for the Japanese Pacific Naval Command -- and for you! :)

Thurak said:
Yeah, the exciting battle for Attu. Nearly as exciting as a full scale war against the Soviets without manpower reserves. :p

@remble: Hope you enjoy playing and posting as much as we enjoy to read this thread :)

Attu is outside of bomber range and could be reinforced by spring. Furthermore, the US might have shipped some snow cannons to make the island frozen all year long. So there's definitely some suspense left. :D

Yes!!!!!

The invasion of Australia, they are doomed! Are you also going to invade New Zealand, I would do it! Then release it as a combined nation with absolute loyalty to you. That is the best I think!

Tim

Reado said:
what i would like to know is how many sheep were captured from the new zealander's when Turk was re captured?

Completely off topic, they're actually losing quite a lot of sheep over here now due to mass cullings because of drought / very low wool & meat prices. Quite a few job losses in the related industries. But it is really Australia Remble should be careful in. That boomerang shrapnel can take out ten guys in one go. And don't lets get started on the Kangaroos!

I know it's not high priority for any future A.I. modifications, but perhaps ship names considered 'unlucky' would not be used again. Mind you, all enemy ship names seem to be unlucky at this juncture.

Last edited:
there is alot of hype about the dow on sov in the near future but would it not be more sensible to take the US on in the states or at least take pearl harbour, then the only place that they can land troops is pearl so you only need to garrison one area.

just a thought

Impressive that the AI USA actually help defending Australia.

..or at least try to

rampagingmouse said:
would it not be more sensible to take the US on in the states or at least take pearl harbour, then the only place that they can land troops is pearl so you only need to garrison one area.

It would be more sensible, except that the AI has unlimited naval range and would still be able to sneak across the south Pacific. Unfortunately.

stnylan - Correct I am not going to leave enemy forces behind my lines. There are some troops in Australia I am sure, I just need to go and find them.

Maj. von Mauser, germanpeon - Thanks. I think the Americans have more Admirals than fleets to give them by now. Spruance was last seen commanding Transports, yes. Who knows what he might show up with next after he got them sunk as well :)

Nathan Madien, cjwet - cjwet is correct the AI re-uses the same ship names until it has too many of that type when it then starts kicking out numbered ships. As long as I can stop the numbered capital ships showing up then I am doing well as it means their numbers are under control.

Inner Circle - It is getting to the point where I feel like I am exploiting the AI by destroying its Navy so easily. I will be glad when I recall most of the airforce. The most annoying thing is that the AI could easily protect its fleets if it used its aircraft, but it won't do that, or rarely does.

Fgorginator - Indeed.

alan_le_cowboy - Thank you.

1. No I won't build more NAV's, they are far too overpowered. A similar number of NAV's would have destroyed those Carriers in hours not days and I dislike using NAV's because they are so good.

2. The MP events look to be active until 1948 but I do not think they are usable in this scenario.

3. Three more Destroyer Flotillas were built in December and the rest went on repairs to the IJA, IJN and airforce.

Sokraates - Thank you. Attu is a ways off yet and it has not been reinforced, my subs still watch it. The Soviets might decide that they do not wish Japanese dominance and could fight a little.

thatguy - Funny that you mention the USS Lexington :D

Thurak - Even though I have been playing HoI2 DD for years I still enjoy playing it in its un-altered state.

robou - A combination of the Red Army and the Allies might stop me, it just depends on how well I can control MP issues and TC. Both of these things have not really been tested so far and the resource situation will deteriorate once at war with the Soviets as well.

safferli - My bombers now are a lot more dangerous than the ones I had at the start of the scenario. They are better types and a lot more experienced. They can tear through most things easily enough, but it did take them some time to sink that fleet all things considered. One flight of interceptors or fighters would have saved that fleet but thats the AI for you.

Timmie0307 - New Zealand is a maybe right now. I only have so long to get there and if I can't reach it in time then I won't invade.

Jon Young - Moving troops are my favourite type :D

Ruodnane - KMS Remble is unlucky but Kanitatlan still keeps rebuilding it in his AAR. Who knows maybe luck can change :)

I Killed Kenny - South Pacific. Australia already has its full force ashore.

rampagingmouse - Jon Young is correct about the unlimited range and by pushing the US too far back I run the risk of more invasions around India as that would then be the closest legitimate base. As much as I would love to invade the US as soon as possible I cannot do it without my Asian troops. You can just about guarantee that if I move those troops the Soviets will see it as a weakness and attack.

Phax - At least the AI is doing something. The US still has a fairly decent ground force size, it just can't move it very quickly by sea anymore.

Update to follow ...