• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am looking forward to the beating and bruising of Australia, and how Remble is going to handle that big chunk of land.

Originally posted by HannibalBarca:
All Aussie VP's are coastal.

Acknowledged, but

A) they will still get their asses kicked

B) Remble will still have challenges, especially if he wants to annex and hold

Connavar said:
I'd say he's going for the oil/energy stockpile the aussies have.

I would say he is attacking AUS:
- first: for denying access to aiports and naval base (huge activity during last update in south pacific)
- second: to remove a country from the game
- third: to distract USA from attacking more strategic places (Australia is not strategic at all when you already control New Guinea)
- fourth : resources

Yeah I agree, but I think this is also a good platform to invade New Zealand as well and take Fidji, Noumea and all closest VP points. But yeah the TC problem is going to be quite bad as I remember that Australia had extra high partisan activity comparing to some other countries or maybe I just remember wrong ?

http://www.ederon.net/Portals/0/SuperSKa_PictureGallery/503/1025.png

Do you get any manpower bonus as well if you annex AUS or this completely depends only of the ministers.

I would say he is attacking AUS:
- first: for denying access to aiports and naval base (huge activity during last update in south pacific)
- second: to remove a country from the game
- third: to distract USA from attacking more strategic places (Australia is not strategic at all when you already control New Guinea)
- fourth : resources

I wonder how Remble feels about idolatry like that.

HannibalBarca said:
All Aussie VP's are coastal.

If I'm not mistaken, one of Australias victory points , townsville, is a coastal province yes, but has no beachhead. This means Remble does have to land and move by land to capture it. It's not a huge hassle, but it does provide some challenge especially if Australia reinforces it fast enough.

So is thus purely a mission of denial and the capture of resources, as well as the further humiliation of the Allies? And yet more proof that the U.K. cannot defend Her colonies? Or true, proper inclusion of the nation into the Co-Prosperity sphere?

I guess only Remble truly knows, for now. We shall await your victories.

Panzer6 said:
If I'm not mistaken, one of Australias victory points , townsville, is a coastal province yes, but has no beachhead. This means Remble does have to land and move by land to capture it. It's not a huge hassle, but it does provide some challenge especially if Australia reinforces it fast enough.

Yeah, but you can get to Townsville from Brisbane in about two weeks.

Panzer6 said:
You mean he's going up against the Powerpuff Girls!? :eek:

Sorry. Can't resist. :p

Do you plan to keep Australia? I do not know whether it is viable strategy, but maybe it would be better to allow them revolt (they will have no fleet nor airforce), build stockpile and annex again?

Grapp said:
Do you get any manpower bonus as well if you annex AUS or this completely depends only of the ministers.

Remble won't get any manpower from Australia, since there is no land connection between Australia and Japans capital. That's also the reason why Remble doesn't get any manpower from China.

zdlugasz said:
Do you plan to keep Australia? I do not know whether it is viable strategy, but maybe it would be better to allow them revolt (they will have no fleet nor airforce), build stockpile and annex again?
I dont think he'll be that gamey :p

Bloody hell!
Gotta find these gems of AARs a little earlier.
Took me ages to read all 78 pages, must rest now :wacko:

Very interesting read, and detailed.
I like your "no gaminess" approach.

(having a gigantic puppet nat kina is the most bizzar thing ever)

/Crilloan

Crilloan said:
Bloody hell!
Gotta find these gems of AARs a little earlier.
Took me ages to read all 78 pages, must rest now :wacko:

Very interesting read, and detailed.
I like your "no gaminess" approach.

(having a gigantic puppet nat kina is the most bizzar thing ever)

/Crilloan

haha yeah. I found remble's German 44' AAR about halfway through. Spent an hour or two reading the whole thing to get up to speed :D