• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thatguy said:
Are you building any new capital ships to replace those ridiculously obsolete battleships and carriers you have (carrier group C even has a great war era carrier :rofl: )? I wanna see several fleets of improved super-heavies, like in your Germany AAR :D .
Good point! You don't want to end up like the New Zealand army with stuff that would be obselete in World War 1 as our main assault vehicle.

Very interesting update: even if you do very well, USA is still able to make you hurt.

It will be interesting to see when you will manage your production queue and your IC allocation in the near future between upgrades, needs of ground/infantry for SOV war and replacement needs due to naval attrition.

The first ship I see thats more modern than the Canadian ship is the carrier IJN Shinano (level 6 or 1943) which starts in the building que in this scenario.

Too bad about the naval loss, but at least it was only one battleship and not your entire battleship fleet.

Thatguy: Remble has very little IC to use on major carriers and battleships at the moment so he probably will not. Also, his airforce (minor a few errors like recently) is doing a great enough job that he does not need modern ships. His obsolete ships are doing well enough. :)

I'd hate to be an american salior under Spruance's command. they tent to swim more then sail!

Imagin the properganda that the americans are playing at now 1 battleship of the IJN has been sunk. Compared to the 15 of america's!

I read the post about Yamamoto's state funeral -- but where did he die? How? During the monthly Emperor briefings, he's still alive and kicking -- even stiching together a submarine doctrine. You'll need him for further naval doctrines, won't you? How far are you along the base Strike path?

A sad day for Japan. The venerable IJN Hyuga is no more. Maybe she was just missing Yamamoto so much, that she decided to follow him. Just make sure that no other capital ships share that feeling. ;)

Once again regarding your most modern ship, I've skimmed through your posts (took quite a while) and my guess is on the 38. Unterseebootsflotille, a 1945 electro-submarine.

safferli said:
I read the post about Yamamoto's state funeral -- but where did he die? How? During the monthly Emperor briefings, he's still alive and kicking -- even stiching together a submarine doctrine. You'll need him for further naval doctrines, won't you? How far are you along the base Strike path?

The post announcing his death can be found here.

The fatal battle is the last one described in this post.

The techteam will probably finish this assignment and then be dissolved by the Emperor, aka Remble, himself. ;)

I am guessing Australia is the invasion target. It shouldnt be too difficult if you have adequate ground attack aircraft supporting you. :)

i think that, these last events show the need for some new capital ships, and with the finnish of the CAS then you should have some free IC to spend on BB or CV's, but i get the feeling that you are more parshal to BB than CV, but will you build mark V or suerheavies, as i dont think that you will ever be able to match america in terms of carriers, even at the imense rate that you sink them.

Good luck on Australia/ New zeland.

Nailbiting stuff :eek:

The americans are about two tech levels from carriers which turn into giant robots, and they're stacking the Pacific with armour and mechanised infantry... But even more interesting, if Stalin doesn't want to fight Japan is it because he's heading west?

P.S. I reckon it's Australia too. Just thought I'd say :)

Jon Young said:
Nailbiting stuff :eek:

The americans are about two tech levels from carriers which turn into giant robots, and they're stacking the Pacific with armour and mechanised infantry... But even more interesting, if Stalin doesn't want to fight Japan is it because he's heading west?

P.S. I reckon it's Australia too. Just thought I'd say :)

Good question about Stalin.
Does someone know if in '44 scenario, there is a chance USA and SOV dow each other?

It seems others have guessed the ships already, but anyway, too bad about the sinking of the Hyuga.

I think it is time that you start building up your fleet again, as it's age is starting to show more and more often.

Maj. von Mauser said:
It seems others have guessed the ships already, but anyway, too bad about the sinking of the Hyuga.

I think it is time that you start building up your fleet again, as it's age is starting to show more and more often.

And with what IC, if I may ask? Soviet IC? Brilliant idea! :D

Back on the other side of the big pond...

VICTORY IN THE MARSHALL ISLANDS!!!
JAPAN GETS A BLOODY NOSE AFTER SIXTEEN "LUCKY" MONTHS

Yamato.jpg

The INJ Hyuga afire before sinking beneath the waves (more pictures on pg. 2)

President Truman has declared the 14th of December a national day of thanksgiving and remembrance, as the United States Navy has once more surprised and defeated the vaunted elite of the Japanese navy...

Captain Jack Lawson threw down the paper in disgust. His face grew red and he wanted to scream... if he hadn't been in a bay full of fellow wounded soldiers and nurses, he would have. "And we were supposed to be better than the Germans and the Japs! Fucking lying hogwash," he growled.

"Whats the matter, sir?" one of the nurses ran up, seeing the Captain's obvious distress. "Nothing you can fix, miss," Lawson replied as politely as he wished at the moment. He did not know what to do anymore. He didn't want be stuck at Pearl for the rest of the war, he didn't want go home either... thing had changed so much... too much. He threw back his sheets to reveal his stumps... where his legs should have been. "Goddamn you, Spruance... Goddamn the Japanese, Goddamn Tojo, Hitler, Churchill and Roosevelt!!!"

His neighbor, a now one-armed petty officer who always found humor in everything, turned over in his bunk. "Don't forget Mickey Mouse and Charlie Chaplin, Jack!" Normally, the Captain would have at least fostered a chuckle, but he instead collapsed back on to his pillow with a grunt and wished he had never been born. "Death is the only answer..."

*on board an American submarine*

Sailor #1: So I heard we are getting a new commander.
Sailor #2: Yeah. We are.
Sailor #1: I am looking forward to sinking Jap ships!
Sailor #2: What makes you so certain we will? Do you even know who the new commander is?
Sailor #1: I do! It's...it's...
{Pick a name for the commander}
-Blue
-Gary
-Spruance
-Make up your own name
Sailor #1: It's Spruance!
*pauses as wind blows past him*
Sailor #1: Oh.
*gets all disappointed*
Sailor #1: We're screwed.

Fgorginator said:
Good point! You don't want to end up like the New Zealand army with stuff that would be obselete in World War 1 as our main assault vehicle.

Perhaps our strike aircraft could be put to use, if they weren't covered in giant condoms. Mind you, wouldn't our Hercules be almost up to WWII standard? Equip them with some oerlikons from the European theatre and Bob's your uncle. Watch those Japs squirm!

Although would we do much to help defend Australia?

Banzai to the Emperor, and to Remble.

robou, germanpeon, rampagingmouse, Jon Young - Australia would be a fairly good guess despite the TC problems it will cause :)

stnylan - New Guinea is irritating as you say and I will be glad when its all captured. Just because I take it all doesn't mean the AI won't continue to find it fascinating of course.

thatguy, Maj. von Mauser - Panzer6 is right about the IJN. It may be old but it does still work and there are higher priorities for builds. Ships are already being built to help a little with both Destroyers and CVL's in the production queue. Manpower will force me to use my IC on large ships soon enough. Improved doctrines will increase its performance as well. It should only take me about another two years to research those :)

Fgorginator - Maybe I should borrow the 1918 infantry from Mengkukuo to make a fight between Japan and New Zealand even :)

alan_le_cowboy - Thank you. Upgrades will hopefully be almost complete by Spring 1946 which should allow me spare IC for ship building as I won't have manpower for anything else.

Panzer6, Sokraates - IJN Shinano would be the answer I was after as she is indeed the only Level VI ship in the IJN. Technically the Level V U-Boats are also ahead of the BC V as they are 1944 tech, although Japan cannot make them as it is not that advanced. So Panzer6 gets the next operation and you get a runners up prize of the second operation to come along Sokraates. Well found and the first operation is already under way.

Thurak - The Emperor will probably not like losing a big ship correct.

Reado - I think I shall play chase Spruance quite a bit if the AI continues to use him, as it undoubtedly will.

safferli - Carrier Aviation (1943) is next in the Carrier Doctrine path. Sokraates gave you the answers for Yamamoto :)

UncleAlias - Japanese researchers are already hard at work on the next Carrier tech.

rampagingmouse - Despite my general preference for BB's I will probably go with Japan's Naval Doctrine and go for the less useful Carriers for authenticities sake. Doesn't mean I won't build BB's though, just preference to Carriers.

Jon Young, alan_le_cowboy - The defeat of Japan is a pre-requisite for WW3 I think so I will have to allow them to kill me if they wish to fight eachother.

Elias Tarfarius - Very realistic interpretation. Political spin followed by the real point of view. Thank you :)

Nathan Madien - They still have to find Spruance first before they can allow him to get more ships sunk. Maybe I can turn his name into a curse in American before long :) (AAR speaking of course, everyone knows he was a decent commander in real life)

Ruodnane - I think New Zealand and Australia come under the terms of 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' catagory.

Update to conclude December coming up and then we should have the annual update tomorrow ...

A Pacific War

0200 December 21st 1945.
Diplomatic Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Mamoru had requested another visit by the Soviet Ambassador to test how well relations were going between the two Countries. The Ambassador arrived on time and the two settled down to some minor haggling over prices.​

dec22450200gr1.jpg

The end result would be slightly more energy heading towards Japan and slightly less supplies going towards Moscow. The Soviet Union seemed more than happy to re-negotiate previous trade deals in order to maintain good relations with a Country that seemed to be becoming more of a threat as time progressed.

As was now almost customary, the two Diplomats settled down to enjoy some tea and discuss Political small talk after the more serious negotiations had been concluded.​

0200 December 21st 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, In Transit.

Lt. General Kasahara and his three infantry divisions had recovered their organisation for long enough in Saipan and Ozawa decided to have them do some house cleaning.​

dec21450200gr1.jpg

The invasion of Tinian would be supported by BB Division 3 and five Tactical bomber squadrons. The British had held this tiny island for long enough. The fight for the island would last into the next day with the British forced to surrender early on December 22nd.​

dec22452200gr1.jpg

Lt. General Tadaki re-claimed Merauke at 2200 hours on the 22nd and would begin his march into the mountains of the Bismarck Range as soon as his division had recovered from the invasion.​

dec22452200gr3.jpg

15. Kaigun and Carrier Group C headed back to Sorong after the assault as Ozawa collected some reports on the current defences of northern Australia. Darwin was obviously well defended by both troops and formidable sea defences but at least one of the two provinces either side of it was undefended and had a beach.​

dec23450400gr1.jpg

The American Transport Division that had been hiding in Merauke lasted less than an hour once Carrier Group C spotted it. Most of the ships were scuttled and no ship could claim to have sunk it.​

dec23450800gr1.jpg

Kasahara captured Tinian at 0800 on December 23rd where his troops would rest for a short time before moving onwards. These troops were not part of the larger force being assembled in Sorong and would be used to support operations in the Carolines once they became available. Five Japanese divisions may have been enough to capture two American ones on an island but more would be needed for the better defended islands of Truk and Ngulu.​

dec23451400gr1.jpg

After several discussions between Osami and Ozawa they decided that Truk was the higher priority of the two remaining islands in the Carolines. Lt. General Ito and his three divisions on Woleai headed east onboard 3. Kaigun to invade Satawan to the south east of Truk. BB Division 2 would provide protection for the amphibious assault with Tactical bombers patrolling in case of Naval contact. The bombers would spend time bombing the remaining Allied controlled islands in the mean time.​