• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i thought that you had the oil situation under control ?

well done with Halsey, that should add nicely to your kill tally.

I didn't know that the brits had access through saudi, that is were there attack came from

lovin the AAR so far keep it up :D

there goes the American Battlefleet... not much in your way now. Lets see if they will now send out their Carriers

Sokraates - Naval bombers are a nuisance :) The manpower situation will remain as it is now with me gaining 0.63 manpower per day. It will increase when I can research the next agricultural tech. The manpower issue is one of the things that will greatly restrict my advances and I wish to keep it as a problem to make things more difficult.

Maj. von Mauser - The IJN Musashi switching sides made things a little more even or it would have been a lot worse for Halsey. The British have some more colonials to use in India it seems.

rampagingmouse - The oil situation will be fixed after a reload on November 1st, so shortly. The British came through Persia which is one of its puppets. Iraq is also a puppet which allows them to redeploy into Persia from Africa.

robou, Hermann Steiner - The Carriers did indeed come out and they promptly sank. I think, but am not sure, that at least two American Carriers are also badly damaged from earlier battles.

Update to follow to conclude a quieter second half of October ...

A Pacific War

1200 October 9th 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Saipan.

The almost total destruction of Halsey's fleet as well as the removal of Spruance's Battleships had made it considerably safer to operate throughout the Pacific. Yamamoto would now concentrate on capturing as many enemy airbases and ports as he possibly could.​

oct9451200gr2.jpg

Arare had been captured and another invasion began towards Biak Island. Lt. General Tadeki would successfully capture the island at 0600 hours on October 11th.​

oct9451200gr3.jpg

Another American division had been landed in Kendari despite the presence of a Submarine fleet off the coast.​

oct11450900gr1.jpg

At 0900 hours on October 11th Mj. General Banzai began an invasion on the southern side of New Guinea. He would capture Kokonau province on the 13th and would then be picked up to continue with further invasions along the coast. Marching through jungles was a time consuming business, even for marines, and it was much quicker to carry out a succession of amphibious assaults.​

oct14451500gr1.jpg

The enemy division in Sorong had been destroyed by October 14th which allowed Tadeki to invade the province. The bombers switched their attention to the eastern end of New Guinea to clear the island of enemy troops.​

0000 October 16th 1945.
Intelligence Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Nakjima had been working on an improvement to Japan's interceptor aircraft and completed research into an Improved Rocket Interceptor.​

oct16450000gr1.jpg

Kuniaki tasked them with developing a Practical Turbojet Engine which would allow improvements to all Japanese aircraft.​

0900 October 16th 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Saipan.

Japanese forces continued to capture New Guinea at a much faster pace than the Americans had managed over a year earlier.​

oct16450900gr1.jpg

Tadeki captured Sorong and shortly afterwards Banzai landed in Agates where he would be picked up again.​

oct18450700gr1.jpg

By October 18th the Tactical bombers, operating from Hollandia, had cleared all but the south eastern tip of New Guinea and they would soon clear this area as well.​

oct19450900gr1.jpg

Next on Mj. General Banzai's list was the capture of Merauke. He would arrive in two days and then he would move his attention further east.​

1000 October 20th 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

Abe had withdrawn to Hyderabad which would allow the British forces in Persia to advance back into India.​

oct20451000gr1.jpg

The bombers would fly interupted missions against the troops that had now occupied Karachi.​

0300 October 22nd 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Mariana Trough.

Yamamoto had ordered his fleet to sea in order to sink an enemy Transport Division that had been spotted in the Mariana Trench.​

oct22450300gr1.jpg

IJN Yamashiro would claim the Amy Lowell Flotilla as BB Division 1 successfully intercepted the fleet.​

oct24451500gr1.jpg

By October 24th Japanese troops were increasing their hold on New Guinea as two invasions began towards Lae and Kerema. The second marine division was marching across northern New Guinea to capture this territory. Both invasion were still protected by a Battlefleet just in case enemy fleets were in the area.​

oct25450000gr2.jpg

Having cleared New Guinea of enemy forces the bombers switched priorites and began to target enemy port facilites in the region. Their first target was Admiralty Island where they sank a Transport Flotilla.​

oct25452000gr1.jpg

At 2000 hours on October 25th they approached Rabaul and encountered a major American presence in the port. The damaged Battleship USS Texas was amongst the ships trying to repair on the island.

By 0400 hours both the USS Texas and the Light Carrier USS Monterey had been sunk and the bombers turned their attention towards the large amount of Heavy Cruisers present.​

oct26451900gr1.jpg

When the bombers returned on the 26th most of the enemy fleet had left leaving only three ships behind. The Heavy Cruiser USS Northampton would be sunk before the remaining ships also sailed.​

oct26452300gr1.jpg

Lae, Kerema and Aitape had all been captured by 2300 hours on October 26th, which left Japanese forces in control of over half of New Guinea.​

oct27450700gr1.jpg

A small Transport fleet tried to negotiate the Torres Strait in the early hours of October 27th where it met BB Division 2. The Transport Division would escape as IJN Fuso sank the 49th Destroyer Division. BB Division 2 would remain in the Torres Strait to try and prevent any enemy shipping using the narrow channel.​

oct28450000gr1.jpg

The Tactical bombers had cleared all of the major ports of enemy shipping and now switched their attention to the minor port factilities. The remnants of the Australian fleet that attempted to interfere with the initial invasion were discovered in the harbour of Wewak. All four ships would be sunk including the two Heavy Cruisers HMAS Australia and HMAS Shropshire.​

1400 October 30th 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

British troops continued to reinforce Karachi from Persia and there was now a sizable enemy presence in the province.​

oct30451400gr1.jpg

Enemy troops had also advanced and captured Sukkur. Higashikuni had been promised fuel for his aircraft at the beginning of November and it would be needed then or he would be forced to move some of his forces in China to India to assist.​

Nice little update, glad to see one more Battleship gone from the seas.

more battlships go down now it just a case of finding and killing those carriers

another nice update

Good work in New Guinea. I'm also a fan of amphibious assaults. Why march, when you can swim, I tell my Marines. :D

It's interesting how easy you can make a Japan 1944 AAR look. Insofar it's good to have the British back in India to pose a real challenge. Though once Uncle Joe decides that he wants his own tobacco and tea plantation, you'll be in for a challenge.

Do you think, that a 1944 Japan world conquest is even possible, considering the manpower issues? Personally I doubt it but I love to be proven wrong. The other questions I save for future comments. ;)

i think the british attack is to strip the forces from the soviet line so when they attack the soviets have an easier time!

When everything is stabilized I think that, in the long run, a Japan 1944 WC is indeed possible, even with the woeful restrictions of manpower. Which makes, in turn, for a more interesting WC I guess.

Next goes Port Moresby and then Australia :)

Death From Above!
October has netted you most of New Guinea...neat.
Look out Sydney. :cool:

I know this is way down on your list of things to do, but I think your biggest constraint right now is all your infantry in fighting enemy units that are 2-3 levels more advanced than them. I've seen 1939 infantry and I even think I saw a 1936 unit. All the allied units are 1945. That has to be a major factor with the British coming back towards India. I forget, are you researching upgraded infantry at this time? I know with current IC you cant really upgrade which sucks! Great work on the seas though, I commend you!

The enemy has a flag without the big red dot and stripes, remember?

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, or is something everyone else knew about.

Does the issue of one's own ships firing on each other happen frequently? I've personally never experienced it. Is it merely a bug or an actual part of the game I've obviously missed. Have you ever sunk any of your own ships?

The Australians must be trembling, again.

Ruodnane said:
Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, or is something everyone else knew about.

Does the issue of one's own ships firing on each other happen frequently? I've personally never experienced it. Is it merely a bug or an actual part of the game I've obviously missed. Have you ever sunk any of your own ships?

I think it only happens if you have really shitty positioning compared to the enemy you're facing. Personally I have no idea why paradox included it as I've never heard of ships accidentally shooting their own screens IRL but there you go. :confused:

thatguy said:
I think it only happens if you have really shitty positioning compared to the enemy you're facing. Personally I have no idea why paradox included it as I've never heard of ships accidentally shooting their own screens IRL but there you go. :confused:

Ah, thank you. Friendly fire incidents for air and ground forces are well documented, but similar naval occurances seem mainly due to ineptitude or misinformation, etc - like the unfortunate Russian 2nd Pacific Squadron. More recently such a strange mistake seems impossible, though no doubt someone out there can provide us with an example.

Ruodnane said:
More recently such a strange mistake seems impossible, though no doubt someone out there can provide us with an example.

The British have lost many-a tank or helicopter-load of soldiers in the middle-east thanks to the Americans.

I suppose it is inevitiable. I mean, the IJN has sunk so many Allied ships that perhaps some sailors want to sink their own ships just to get a change of pace.

By the way, that's nice progress you are making in New Guinea, Remble.