• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice update. As I saw the improved rocket int research: Don´t forget to stop interceptor upgrades. As you probably know, those rocket ones with no sea attack (and no range) are not the best scouts ;).

So everything is going well and the USN helps you to sink their ships by sending them in the sea provinces you have air cover. So the only thing of concern is the manpower. For that i would suggest to research the 45 hospital tech and the last MP tech ahead of time to get it as early as possible.

Remble,

Your game skill is proven with this and your performance in 'creek'. But I just cannot see how you will win this time, unless surviving is a "win". (which it should be view as!) Great job!

Well done on the destruction of the carriers

info on the interceptors is most appreciated.

keep up the good work, soon there will be no more us navy - they cant build ships that quickly.

Remember how he defeated the Soviets, by encirclements. I assume he will do the same here.

Anyways, if any of your flagships die, are you going to consider the leading Admiral dead, Because unlike Americans the Japanese usually preferred to go down with the ship.

Anyways nice update, the situation continues to turn in your favor, but it will be awhile before you see it's face (to give it a punch of course :D ).

Remble said:
"The Royal Navy has found two more Carriers. We think they were already built but we had not found them until now. The numbers indicate a loss of eleven smaller ships which would have required them to scuttle them if its true as we sank no British ships in September."

Defeatist scuttling, perhaps? It's well known the R.N. cannot fight without an adequate supply of rum for its sailors, and as they still have the West Indies at least this is secure, but the tea situation may once again have seen H.M.'s officers despairing and giving up, as someone mentioned their Ministers were doing earlier.

Regarding manpower issue.

IMO it would be reasonable and "not cheating" to change those AI events giving JAP manpower from Korea, Manchuria and China (at least from Korea and northern China) - remove those ai= yes lines and you will gain a little MP without bridge.

i finally read through all the pages, it is a lot I know....but still the story is a nice one..

I was wondering, are you going to release some countries like India or Pakistan or Indochina? This would reduce your partisan activity. What about tibet, are you going to annoy them too????

Good Luck with playing on...sink those US ships...!

Tim

zdlugasz said:
Regarding manpower issue.

IMO it would be reasonable and "not cheating" to change those AI events giving JAP manpower from Korea, Manchuria and China (at least from Korea and northern China) - remove those ai= yes lines and you will gain a little MP without bridge.

Do they exist in '44 scenario?

Timmie0307 said:
i finally read through all the pages, it is a lot I know....but still the story is a nice one..

I was wondering, are you going to release some countries like India or Pakistan or Indochina? This would reduce your partisan activity. What about tibet, are you going to annoy them too????

Good Luck with playing on...sink those US ships...!

Tim
Remble never releases anyone.

OneArmed said:
No, but I wouldn't mind seeing release one or two on this scenario, to free up some garrisons for killing soviets :cool:

Honestly poeple, don't even think about it.

Remble never accepts anything then full conquest, puppets will NOT be liberated, so quit asking.

Sokraates - Things are looking fairly good so far certainly. Manpower is going to be my biggest problem as I will have a huge problem with TC if I advance into hostile territory. The land bridge will not be made and I will have to make do as best I can. I do have quite a few options to consider :)

Phax - Upgrades are indeed the best way to increase my force power for now. New Guinea is not so big a problem when you consider that all of the coastal provinces have beaches. I certainly have no intention of marching through more jungles than I have to.

Thurak - Rocket interceptors are notoriously rubbish until you can upgrade through to the next main tech for them. They are all set to no upgrade until I can research to that degree. That is still two steps away as I have to research Practical Turbojet Engine first.

cjwet - I still have one more agricultural tech to go to catch up and it is high priority. Hospital tech is also useful but not quite so high on the list as I am not embroiled in a major land war.

gunboat - Total victory is a lot harder to achieve due to the manpower limits of Japan. Survival would be some sort of win I would say but not the win that is required :)

robou - Losing any ship is bad but the Subs are by far the easiest to take. The USN is currently being slaughtered and their losses more than make up for my small losses.

rampagingmouse - Thank you. The US can build ships incredibly fast and sinking what they have now is a good start. As long as it sends its Carriers at me piecemeal I should have little trouble but if it conserves them and builds up things can change. They are merely Carriers of course and they never like fighting at night.

Maj. von Mauser - Encirclement requires lots of armour of which I have very little. I think the Soviets are going to have to be defeated the hard way. Well not hard exactly just time consuming. I can only destroy so many so quickly with my bombers :) I may well kill off the fleet commanders if they lose their flagship yes.

Ruodnane - The British tea situation is certainly not good but sailors need rum and they would still be happy as you say :) Welcome to the forums.

Venz - Thank you :)

zdlugasz - May be reasonable to do that but I won't. More reasonable would be to try and force my puppets to only produce garrisons but that will also not happen. Manpower is a problem and it will remain so without any alterations other than standard research.

Reado - The flagships should all make the list in January and I might break down their kills a little more than that shows. Most of their kills are small ships though.

Timmie0307 - Thank you and welcome :) I will not release any Country as I am totally opposed to puppets. They make the game a little to easy and even more so on VH difficulty as they do not suffer from my difficulty settings. I was tempted to release the three puppets I have but the situation is bad enough that I didn't do that. I might do it in the future though.

Update to follow ...

A Pacific War

2000 October 1st 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Saipan.

Yamamoto had returned to Saipan to conduct repairs to his fleet after the recent encounter with Spruance. The Japanese Pacific offensive continued with increasing speed after the sinking of a large part of the United States fleet.​

oct1452000gr.jpg

Halsey had brought his fleet into the Marianas where Japanese bombers awaited his arrival. After three hours of bombing the USS Pennsylvania became the latest Battleship to sink. Halsey was heading towards Palau but would alter course over night.​

oct1452300gr1.jpg

Japanese forces occupied Hollandia at 2300 hours and 3. Kaigun headed into the port to disembark the marines it was carrying. They would need a few days to recover from their abortive attempt at capturing the province in September.​

oct2450200gr1.jpg

American troops occupied Kendari in the Celebes at 0200 hours on October 2nd. They had lost one division to bombers after it had captured Menado.​

oct2452200gr1.jpg

Halsey had altered course to the west but was still in the South Mariana Trench when the bombers returned at dawn on October 2nd. By 0600 hours on October 3rd he had moved to the Mariana Trough but had also lost his last remaining Battleship, the USS Tennessee. His latest Flagship was the modern Battlecruiser USS Guam.​

0000 October 4th 1945.
Industry Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

One of the production cycles had born fruit as three Destroyer Flotillas rolled out of Japanese shipyards.​

oct4450000gr1.jpg

All three were assigned to Carrier Group D which was undergoing repairs in Osaka.​

0500 October 4th 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Saipan.

The capture of Hollandia provided a forward airbase for Japanese aircraft and they would be needed to reduce the American presence in New Guinea. There were not many Japanese troops available and a fight through the jungles and mountains of the island would be costly without bomber assistance.​

oct4450500gr1.jpg

The Tactical bombers were released from chasing Halsey after he was spotted in the South Kyushu-Palau Trench. He was heading south towards the Japanese invasion fleets and would need to be stopped.​

oct4450800gr1.jpg

Tadaki had begun another invasion to capture Arare province in northern New Guinea and he was being protected by both BB Division 2 and 3. Both of the Battleship fleets headed north west to intercept Halsey who now had very limited offensive firepower. The two Battlefleets should have little trouble reducing the American fleet further if not completely sinking it.​

oct4452000gr1.jpg

An Australian Naval bomber squadron had found the large Japanese fleets in Geelvink Bay and it had targetted Koga's Flagship, IJN Nagato. After several hours of bombing she had been badly damaged and things were looking worse when a second bomber squadron arrived at 0400 hours on October 5th.​

oct5450600gr1.jpg

Yamamoto was not in the habit of allowing his fleets to be bombed more than once and had ordered Fukui to move his interceptor wing to Hollandia to prevent further damage. He found the Naval bombers before they could inflict more serious damage to IJN Nagato and inflicted heavy casualties to the bombers. Yamamoto was very much aware that he was now inside Allied bombing range and would have to take precautions against similar attempts on his forces.​

oct5451500gr1.jpg

At 1500 hours on October 6th BB Divisions 2 and 3 found Halsey in the South Philippine Trench. The damaged IJN Nagato would play a restricted roll because of the damage she had recently received. Despite knowing where the American fleet was it still managed to gain a positional advantage over Namoru who was commanding the combined fleets.​

oct5451700gr1.jpg

The Heavy Battleship IJN Musashi would sink the 26th Destroyer Division inside two hours, but the gunnery officer onboard made a terrible target alteration, and instead of targetting an American ship he aimed at 14 Kuchikukantai.

Fortunately for the Japanese Destroyer Flotilla the USS Guam was particularly accurate and had managed to knock out most of IJN Musashi's main guns before it could sink one of its own ships.

Despite the damage IJN Nagato had sustained from the bombers she still managed to sink the Light Cruiser USS Honolulu which had sunk two Submarine Flotillas recently. The Battleship IJN Fuso would sink the 28th Destroyer Division as Halsey opened the range with his faster fleet.​

oct5452100gr1.jpg

Neither Japanese Battlefleet had lost a ship but some had been badly damaged and would need to head back to Japan for repairs.​

oct5452100gr2.jpg

Five ships in all turned north after being split from their respective Battefleets. Admiral Koga would switch his Flagship to the Battleship IJN Fuso as IJN Nagato headed home. IJN Musashi would also head back to Japan where its gunnery officer would be subject to a court martial. The remaining ships of BB Divisions 2 and 3 headed after Halsey.​

oct5452300gr1.jpg

The situation on the Celebes had stabalised enough for a Japanese counter attack. Lt. General Kuribyashi would lead the successful attack on Palu supported by Close Air Support aircraft.​

oct7450100gr1.jpg

Halsey had made another mistake by heading south. His faster fleet had managed to avoid a further confrontation with Japanese Battleships but he had wandered into the sea zone patrolled by Ozawa and Genda. By the time he reached the North Banda Sea, after transitting through the Ceram Sea, he had lost the USS Guam and the 16th Destroyer Division.​

0000 October 8th 1945.
Intelligence Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

One of the two research projects due to be completed during October had finished. Hisaichi Terauchi had completed his project and brought Japanese Land Doctrine fully up to date. Japanese ground troops would now have an advantage during night time engagements.​

oct8450000gr1.jpg

Kuniaki tasked the Kure Naval Yard with updating the current Aircraft Carrier design to try and keep pace with the Allies. The Americans were already ahead in this research and could not be allowed to increase that lead.​

1000 October 8th 1945.
The Skies Above the Arafura Shelf.

Genda had taken command of the latest bombing run of Japanese Naval bombers with Ozawa taking a back seat for once.​

oct8451000gr1.jpg

Halsey's once formidable fleet had lost the Heavy Cruiser USS Pensacola, the Light Cruiser USS Trenton and the 17th Destroyer Division on its transit south. Halsey would be left with just two Divisions after the bombers had finished and one of those was crippled.

Yamamoto was informed of the presence of a defensive division in Darwin which was protected by a formidable set of sea fortifications.​

2300 October 8th 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. Lanzhou, China.

Higashikuni had little to do since the cessation of hosilities in mainland Asia. His defences had been checked multiple times and were satisfactory, in fact at this moment he could easlily advance into Soviet territory as there was no forces facing him except for the Mongolians.

A runner approached him as he was making his way towards his headquarters. "Field Marshall we have been attacked." was all the messenger was given time to say as Higashikuni increased his pace towards his command center.

General Abe was Higashikuni's nominated second in command and the message had originated from him. The commander of the North China Army was well aware of the province Abe was assigned to defend. The report he read did not make for good reading.​

oct8452300gr1.jpg

The British had built up sufficient forces facing Karachi to launch an attack and they had done so just before dawn. Bad weather was slowing them up to some extent but Abe would withdraw after thirteen hours of fighting as it was clear that he could not hold. He would move to Hyderabhad and hold there for the time being.

Higashikuni's request for bomber assistance was denied until the situation in the Celebes was under complete control. The bombers would arrive soon enough but not be of much use when they did. The lack of oil in Asia would continue to plague the aircraft and only sporadic bombing runs would be achieved until the situation was sorted out.​

Last edited:
So the AI is using your method of winning naval engagements against your own fleets. Talk about the Empire striking back. :D

I'm eagerly looking forward to read about your options for overcoming your manpower problem.

Suprising amount of damage your ships took there.

Glad to see Halsey is eliminated though. Interesting occurance in India too.