• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2100 September 14th 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Saipan.

Yamamoto had hoped that Spruance would still be in the North Mariana Trench at dawn. He would not be but some American ships had not managed to move away fast enough.​

sep14452100gr1.jpg

Reports from the bombers told him that the four remaining Transport Divisions were still in the area and were moving away slowly. BB Division 1 was finally ordered to put to sea.​

sep15450200gr1.jpg

Carrier Group C was having a very hard time keeping up with the American Submarines operating west of the Philippines. These Submarines had already been responsible for sinking over twenty convoy transports and needed to be stopped. Two Tactical bomber wings were moved to the Philippines to hunt them and they found them fairly quickly. They would not be able to sink any of the Divisions but would force them to head east away from the bombs. Carrier Group C would try and cut them off by moving through the center of the islands.​

sep15450200gr2.jpg

At 0200 hours on September 15th BB Division 1 had caught up with the fleeing Transport ships with devasting consequences. Aided by the large bomber presence Yamamoto's ships quickly sank the entire fleet and the troops that they had been transporting. The Battlecruiser IJN Kongo would claim one Division and IJN Yamashiro the other two.

The attempted invasion of Saipan and the supposed attempt on Palau that never even began had cost America dearly. The Grand Plan of the Japanese Staff had already succeeded and it had not even begun. Both major players in the Pacific had decided to go on the offensive at the same time and there would be no need to bait the United States Navy.​

sep15450600gr2.jpg

Carrier Group C had not caught the Submarines but found some consolation when it managed to sink a Canadian Transport Flotilla in the South Spratly Sea. Aircraft from IJN Hiyo would be responsible for the sinking.​

sep15452200gr1.jpg

At 2200 hours on September 15th nine bomber squadrons managed to re-acquire Spruance's fleet in the South Magellan Seamounts. They would not be able to sink the USS Washington but would cause it fairly heavy damage before it escaped to the relative safety of the Marshall islands.

The bombers also updated the intelligence for the island of Eniwetok. It was clear that all or most of the forces that had been sent to invade Saipan had come from this island and this made it vunerable.​

sep18452100gr1.jpg

One Submarine fleet had been sent to monitor Truk and intercept any convoys heading towards the island. The island was under the control of New Zealand and it would lose some convoy ships as a result. The island was not very heavily defended and was already in range of Japanese bombers.​

sep19450100gr1.jpg

Carrier Group C caught another Candian Transport Flotilla on September 19th at 0100 hours. IJN Hiyo would claim this flotilla as well.

BB Division 3 had sailed from Palau in response to the sighting of an enemy fleet in the Palau Trench. The small fleet would not escape as the massive guns of IJN Yamato sank both the Destroyer and Transport Division.​

sep19451900gr1.jpg

The withdrawing American Submarine fleet was caught by both BB Division 2 and 3 in the Palau Trench but would escape with only minor damage.

Yamamoto could not quite believe the next report he received at his temporary headquarters on Saipan.​

sep20450800gr1.jpg

The Americans were not finished with their invasions. They had successfully landed on Palu in the Celebes island chain. Clearly the Americans had major plans which Yamamoto was doing his best to unravel as quickly as possible. A response was needed to this latest invasion as the Celebes possessed an airbase that Japan wished to keep.​

Great update!

It is excellent work you are doing.

Hopefully the Celebes wil hold, and Truk will fall.

The USN definitly cause nice action in the pacific, now that i have expected, it could be a little boring after the end of the major land operations.
I would suggest to use bigger groups of submarines, so they are not so vulnerable for a few destroyers and could fight against the USN Battleship fleets, if they have a lack of screens. You could use your battleships to provide that lack of screens.

Yay! Go Imperial Japan! :L

I loved the naval battles and have only just caught up but could use possibly put in a total for all ships sunk as i think that it will be very interesting.

long live the empire of the rising sun ;)

Where are all the U.S carriers? Sinking battleships is all well and good, but it is the carriers I would be worried about.

more then likely the carriers are in pearl harbour, safe from the bombs of the navy. like the start to the pacific war! lol

Wow. This was a thriling update. The world's two most powerful navies both go on the offensive at the same time.

Nice progress so far. I have the feeling, September will turn out to be a capital month ... in every meaning of the word. :D

Now go and hunt down the US Navy. It would be a cruel twist of faith if the Marines in Palu wouldn't be evicted but rather cut off from reinforcements and supplies, following the motto: As long as you're powerless, you can stay a while longer. But not much longer. ;)

I wanna see Japanese marines occupying Alaska by the end of the year! It should provide a very good amount of oil, emphasis on SHOULD (way to screw up paradox).

Sokraates said:
Now go and hunt down the US Navy. It would be a cruel twist of faith if the Marines in Palu wouldn't be evicted but rather cut off from reinforcements and supplies, following the motto: As long as you're powerless, you can stay a while longer. But not much longer. ;)

Of course, the Americans will probably keep revisiting Palu as long as the AI lets them.

thatguy said:
I wanna see Japanese marines occupying Alaska by the end of the year! It should provide a very good amount of oil, emphasis on SHOULD (way to screw up paradox).

If I'm not terribly mistaken, the oil fields were not discovered until the late 1960's so Paradox has it right. Though there was oil in Alaska during WW2, it was not known to be there.

thatguy said:
The 1968 discovery of oil at Prudhoe Bay and the 1977 completion of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline led to an oil boom.

Cliffhanger! Wonder if USA will reinforce that landing with 20 divisions or not :p