• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Great Line of China looks fine to me, although I'm suprised you didn't deploy to more mountain ares.

Nice updates REMBLE!! :wacko:

Nathan Madien said:
By the way, Remble, what would you do if you lost a puppet to the Soviet Union but eventually reclaim the land? Would you restore the puppet?
I think remble will just keep it as Japanese or if the soviets put a puppet themselves he would just annex it.

I approve of your plan in case of possible Soviet invasion. It is clear that initial defence line must be deep in manchuria.

Shortening the North-Western frontline is a must too. Anyways I enjoyed the updates, especially those naval battles.

Hope to see more soon!

D

These are exciting times, indeed. Japan is expanding an still beleaguered at all fronts.

Good luck in Rangoon. The units there should be entrenched to no end by now. But I'm confident that Japanese fighting spirit will prevail once more.

@Thurak: I've already asked remble this question and her is what he had to say:

Remble said:
Not quite correct. The CAG does not take damage no but the Carrier it comes from does but not to the AA. Any aircraft in Rangoon would fly against a port strike, which was demonstrated a lot earlier when an American Carrier tried to strike Iwo Jima with TACs on it. The Carriers would suffer damage to the defending aircraft if I try to attack.

So he won't port-strike them.

That build up is slightly worrying - hopefully you will have the troops in place before the USSR decides to enter the fray.

Mmm, I think I hear a hungry bear somewhere... ;)

Thurak said:
I was thinking about a port strike from his TAC´s and CAS. Those two very badly damaged BB´s in Rangoon are so tempting...

The last thing I would do is send valuable aircraft into a province containing numerous squadrons of unknown type.

I did that once upon a game and was very successful, though only on a relative sense. There were no fighters or interceptors disturbing my naval bombers and while my squadrons suffered greatly, they wiped out most of the enemy navy. So I could well afford to park my bombers somewhere safe and continue without them.

Remble, on the other hand, desperately needs his bombers to support his land troops, so will need to keep his already exhausted squadrons in as good a fighting shape as possible.

*Subscribes*

al_faris said:
I think remble will just keep it as Japanese or if the soviets put a puppet themselves he would just annex it.

one of his house rules is not to create any puppet nations.

btw: have you ever thought to find some possible axis partners outside of asia?

PS: are you offering your monthly savegames like in your last aar?

Thurak, Sokraates - My bombers are too busy for such trivial matters as sinking a couple of crippled Battleships. Yamamoto can deal with that problem once they get evicted from Rangoon. Rangoon is likely to be a hard nut to crack yes.

Maj. von Mauser, Deus - Thank you. The defensive line is the best I can have defensively and try and hold enough terrain to keep my puppets alive. The unknown variable of when the Soviets will decide they want China is the biggest problem.

Nathan Madien, al_faris - A difficult problem as I am opposed to puppets in general. The best I can offer is that I will release them if I lose them due to my own mistakes, if they are lost because I could do nothing to prevent it I might just annex them if I can take them back. These two puppets are fairly minor ones and won't make a lot of difference in the overall scheme of things, like China would, but my dislike of puppets will probably prevent me releasing them.

stnylan, Murmurandus - Asking the Soviets to not attack for 3 months might be a little bit much but I can probably be ok until at least April.

GrimReaper - Welcome :)

Inner Circle - My previous partners dumped Japan in the bottom of the fire so I do not wish to invite the same thing happening in the future. Saves are available on a monthly basis as per my last AAR. Just PM me with your e-mail address and the save you want and I will happily send it over. Do not ask for a future save though :p

Update to follow ...

Operation Dilemma

0100 March 1st 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. Jinghong, China.

The two enemy armies competing for India had seen another shift in strength and disposition. Higashikuni currently had the upper hand after Tactical bombers had halted the British advance.​

mar1450100gr.jpg

General Kawabe led the latest assault to re-establish the Japanese defensive line, as six divisions attacked the single motorised division defending Jabalpur. The battle did not last long.​

0500 March 1st 1945.
The Skies Above the Mariana Trench.

Phase two of the air defence plans for the Marianas began with eight interceptor squadrons heading out on patrol to try and find the large amounts of enemy Strategic bombers terrorising the islands.​

mar1450500gr.jpg

Six intercepter squadrons found four Strategic bomber squadrons over the South Mariana Trench. Three hours of aerial combat saw the bombers sustain significantly more damage and they would hopefully be unable to fly for several weeks.​

0000 March 2nd 1945.
Intelligence Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Kuniaki had received a visit from one of his research teams. They had stumbled upon a new type of technology that could greatly assist the Imperial Japanese Air Force.​

mar2450000gr.jpg

Scientists from two fields had come together to work out how to put a turbojet engine on an aircraft without making it explode. The practical applications of this research required more time to iron out a few problems.​

0300 March 2nd 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Gulf of Martapan.

Yamamoto had been receiving more reports of enemy fleet activites in and around Indonesia. One of these fleets could well be heading his way and he might need to take some evasive action to avoid having to engage it.​

mar2450300gr.jpg

The French fleet had been sighted heading north east in the Sunda Strait and was likely to be heading towards the Mariana Trench.

Spruance and his modern Battleships looked to be heading towards Yamamoto and would need to watched closely. BB Division 2 was already safely in Singapore and Carrier Group C was heading for Colombo, which just left BB Division 1 vunerable for the time being.​

mar2451000gr.jpg

While Yamamoto was reading the report on Spruance the guns of IJN Yamashiro opened fire to sink the 127th Transport Division as it tried to run the blockade of Rangoon.​

0200 March 5th 1945.

Japanese troops had advanced into Darbhanga in northern India which gave them the opportunity to attack the retreating British forces.​

mar5450200gr1.jpg

Two Nepalese divisions in Lucknow could not halt General Ueda's forces for very long having already been mauled in Darbhanga.​

mar5450300gr1.jpg

Japanese Tactical bombers operating in Burma had been targetting the single British division in Prome and had weakened its organisation considerably. Japanese troops from Arakan attacked to force the division out but did not follow up on the assault.​

1000 March 5th 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Bassein.

Yamamoto had ordered BB Division 1 into the small harbour of Bassein to avoid a confrontation with Spruance, who had been spotted heading north through the Malacca Straits.

Reports from the Mariana Trench continued to arrive on his desk with monotonous regularity.​

mar5451000gr1.jpg

The latest message contained another interception, this time over the North Mariana Trench. Four more American Strategic bombers had been attacked by six Japanese interceptor squadrons. The battle was very unusual. The damage had been fairly moderate for an aerial dogfight that had lasted for eleven hours. The bombers had come off worse again.​

mar6450100gr1.jpg

Spruance's fleet was spotted heading south in the early hours of March 6th and Yamamoto ordered his fleet back out to sea to continue its blockade of Rangoon.

At 2000 hours it became clear that Spruance had advised Allied shipping that BB Division 1 was no longer in the Gulf of Martapan. His report was accurate but it failed to include that the Japanese Battlefleet had only been five hours away in Bassein.

Admiral Tovey had decided to try and escape the prison of Rangoon. Unfortunately for him Spruance had not stuck around to defend the area and he walked straight into Yamamoto's fleet.​

mar6452000gr1.jpg

The results were fairly predictable after the initial manouvers. Tovey had got close enough for his lighter ships to fire in the beginning, but Yamamoto corrected that after an hour and BB Division 1 began to inflict damage with three times the amount of ships in range.

The first to sink would be the Light Cruiser HMS Orion as she exploded from a direct hit to her magazine. No ship could accurately claim the lethal round.

At 2200 hours the Battleship HMS Nelson sank from fire from IJN Yamashiro which left just one badly damaged ship capable of returning fire for Tovey.

By midnight two more Light Cruisers had been sunk. HMS Emerald fell to the Battlecruiser IJN Kongo and HMS Dragon to IJN Yamashiro. HMS Ramillies, the remaining British Battleship was also close to sinking. Tovey managed to return to Rangoon before he lost any more of his ships.

Tovey had lost four ships and Yamamoto had suffered almost no damage at all.​

Last edited:
0700 March 7th 1945.

The first reversal for Japanese forces in India occurred in the west as British troops began to arrive here first.​

mar7450700gr1.jpg

Mj. General Amano would find himself withdrawing from Bombay again as he was attacked by one British infantry division.​

0900 March 7th 1945.

Allied shipping had been light through the Mariana Trench of late as they allowed their bombers to try and wreck the airfields that Japanese Naval bombers were operating from. The bombers had been largely successful.​

mar7450900gr1.jpg

Admiral Halsey brought his large older Battlefleet back into the North Mariana Trench to try and find enemy shipping. He found the Submarines guarding the approaches to Saipan but they would escape to the safety of Saipan harbour without any damage.

Unfortuantely for Halsey they did manage to report his whereabouts to Air General Ozawa. Ozawa and Genda had been resting their formations in the Bonin Islands to the north, well away from enemy bomber activity. They were not completely rested but where in good enough shape to fly to Saipan to begin to hunt more enemy vessels.​

mar7451800gr1.jpg

At 1800 hours a large Transport fleet arrived in the Gulf of Martapan which initially contained five Flotillas. A sixth joined after an hour as BB Division 1 began to reduce these numbers.

Three would be sunk completely with the remainder all suffering damage. All three Japanese Battleships, IJN Ise, IJN Hyuga and IJN Yamashiro, would claim a kill during this battle.​

mar8450000gr1.jpg

At 0000 hours on March 8th Yamamoto received the latest report on Spruance. He had not turned around to try and force a conflict with BB Division 1 and had continued east.

The Allies had laid a trap for Ozawa which he triggered in the Palau Trench. Halsey's fleet had been a decoy and Japan's Naval bombers would instead find themselves facing the unsinkable Brazilian fleet.​

mar8450000gr2.jpg

The plan backfired as Ozawa proved that even Brazilian Battleships were not immune to his bombers. The NRB Sao Paulo sank after two hours of intensive bombing with the remaining two ships escaping to the east.​

0900 March 8th 1945.

More British troops began to arrive in India to try and halt the current progress of Higashikuni's forces.​

mar8450900gr1.jpg

The two infantry divisions that arrived in Lucknow were more modern than the previous troops but were still forced to retreat by superior Japanese numbers.​

1500 March 8th 1945.

Another small fleet tried to run the blockade of Rangoon without any success.​

mar8451500gr1.jpg

IJN Yamashiro would add another Transport Flotilla to its ever growing list of tonnage sunk.​

mar9450000gr1.jpg

Ozawa encountered Halsey's Battlefleet in the Palau Trench which had replaced the Brazilian fleet. The crew of the USS New Mexico would welcome the Admiral and the remains of USS Idaho's crew onboard after it sank at 0200 hours. Halsey ordered his fleet east to avoid further damage as the USS Tennessee also began taking damage.​

0800 March 9th 1945.

The Japanese advance into India continued with the capture of Jabalpur province from the British.​

mar9450800gr1.jpg

General Kawabe had taken the province with few enemy forces visible on arrival. The only known enemy forces were retreating from Lucknow and advancing towards Bombay.​

Great update. I absolutely love those naval battles. It's interesting how even the reports from the patrolling aircraft manage to create tension. Congratulations on using their reports so effectively from a story telling perspective.

Now we all sit expectantly, waiting for the IJA to finally take out one of the behemoths of the Allied powers: Nepal.

Remble said:
Halsey's fleet had been a decoy and Japan's Naval bombers would instead find themselves facing the unsinkable Brazilian fleet.

Halsey´s fleet is an interesting decoy. Like D-Day was just a decoy for the expected landings near Pas-de-Calais? :D
Now, when I saw those 39 enemy air squadrons in Rangoon I don´t know why I ever thought about a port strike there... :confused:

As usual: well done, remble. I still wait for your first mistake. :D

Last edited:
Well done on sinking the Brazilians, we can all hope that when Remble finally gets to taking Rangoon the allies will forget to evacuate their air forces.

How are the super battleships repairing? Haven't seen them in a while.

Sheesh those Brazilians get around.

Thurak said:
As usual: well done, remble. I still wait for your first mistake. :D

Its a law of the universe that Remble can't make mistakes. He should be worried that if any supporters of hilter or the japanese get their hands on a time machine, he would be whisked back to save those countries. :p