• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Epic Update!

are you going to rename the german ships that make it to japan?

The subs would be confusing but the 2 surface vessals might look good with IJN not KMS

Reado said:

The subs would be confusing but the 2 surface vessals might look good with IJN not KMS

Yes, just change the KMS to IJN because changing the whole name would be disrespectful towards their german crews.

Last edited:
Man what an exhaustive meeting! The emperor sure get's good briefings! :)

Great update - but there is still so much to do to get to London and Washington!

Oooooooooooh, statistics...

*faints*

:D

safferli said:
Man what an exhaustive meeting! The emperor sure get's good briefings! :)

He sure does. I love the bit about him going back to bed. I can picture it now.

Minister: Sir, the Soviets are invading! We're all going to die!
Emperor: I see. Well, good night then.

Sorta reminds me of D-Day...

Officer: Sir, the Allies are invading Normandy!
Hitler: *snores*

It is HER ... the mother of all updates ...

And I'm very impressed by the TP-numbers. To be frank I suspect the AI is trying to build a land bridge using transport wrecks. By the look of those numbers, they're getting there.

Now just watch your back. This Tanigawa guy seems to be a rather shadowy figure.

Best. Update. Ever. That is exactly how gameplay AARs should be and I am glad you take the time to tell us exactly what is going on. I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks. :)

germanpeon said:
Best. Update. Ever. That is exactly how gameplay AARs should be and I am glad you take the time to tell us exactly what is going on. I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks. :)
Indeed.

Reado said:

He's said about 3 times: The Germans ships will keep their current names as honor for their previous service.

It was indeed an epic update Remble, Operation Dilemma certainly looks ambitous, I think it can be done though. :)

ColossusCrusher, Thurak, Hermann Steiner, germanpeon, safferli, sbr - Thank you all very much :) Just as well I only have to do that once a year :p

Delex - So long as the Soviets leave me alone for a few more months I will have some forces in the north. All of the new more modern infantry are going there.

Kanil - Thanks. Keeping track of them is not so bad. Monthly wise I count them manually but for the statistics of overall White Daimon's little program does it all for me :)

Reado, Von Perkele - Ok I will change them to IJN for those two ships only the rest will remain as is :)

safferli - He does like his meetings for sure :D

PrawnStar - Don't forget Moscow ;)

Murmurandus - That amount of statistics should keep you occupied and out of trouble for a while :p

Nathan Madien - Some days you are just better off not getting up at all.

Sokraates - Tanigawa can look anyway he likes when he provides 25% manpower bonus :)

Dr.Dave - Thank you and welcome to the forums :)

Manziel - Improving somewhat yes, there is still this small matter of a Russian horde to deal with though.

Maj. von Mauser - As long as my blockade stays in tact I do not expect much trouble with Burma, but it will take quite a long time as it takes almost a month per province in that terrain.

You all know that now you think you know what is going on I will have to spring another secret operation don't you?

And now back to the more regular kill things type of updates :)

Operation Dilemma

0000 January 1st 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. Jinghong, China.

All of the information relayed in the Cabinet meeting had already been given to the respective Field Commanders. Higashikuni was not about to waste time and allow the British to uncover the plans and ordered attacks immediately.​

jan1450000gr1.jpg

The first saw two infantry divisions advancing towards Darbhanga with support from three in Ranchi and one that would remain in Rangpur.​

jan1450000gr3.jpg

The second would result in the eviction of the single motorised division in Thom Buri by ten Japanese and Siamese divisions. The presence of air support sped this battle up considerably.

Victories were swift in both encounters with the forces in Bangkok ordered to not pursue the British as Higashikuni wanted to provoke a reaction.​

0700 January 1st 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Gulf of Martapan.

The tactic of sinking Transport ships to cripple the enemy had been brought up by Yamamoto as it seemed like the easiest solution. The Allies could have as many capital ships as they liked but if they had no Transport ships they would get them nowhere.

The New Year started with a bonanza as Japanese ground troops arrived in Madras. The Carriers of the Imperial Japanese Navy would draw first blood at sea this year.​

jan1450700gr1.jpg

Seven Transport fleets had been hiding in Madras and had been forced to sea into the waiting Carrier Group C. Ideal weather conditions in the late afternoon resulted in wholesale carnage in the Palk Strait as all seven enemy Flotillas were sunk by Carrier aircraft.

One would sink to no known cause but the remaining six were claimed by the Carriers IJN Katsuragi which sank one, IJN Junyo with two and IJN Zuikaku the other three.​

jan1452200gr1.jpg

The good news was tempered with some slightly worse news as BB Division 2 failed to catch the remaining Transport Division containing a mechanised division. Koga would have to settle for damaging two Submarine divisions instead.

Dawn arrived over the central Pacific at 2200 hours and the freshly rebased Naval bombers, led as always by Ozawa, had entered their new patrol zone. He had decided to try his luck off the beaten track before returning to more familiar waters. His luck was good as the Allies had no air cover over the Carolines as they had not deemed it necessary.

Admiral Fletcher was not having a lucky day.​

jan1452200gr2.jpg

Ozawa had stumbled across a medium sized American fleet containing one of the more modern Battleships of the United States Navy. The Light Carrier USS Cowpens would sink first before the Battleship USS Wisconsin followed seven hours later. Fletcher's fleet headed north out of the East Carolines where he hoped Ozawa would not find him.​

0100 January 2nd 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. Jinghong, China.

British forces in Dhaka had tried and failed to remove the Japanese troops to their north and would now pay the price for such failure.​

jan2450100gr1.jpg

Lt. General Sukarno attacked their position with a large amount of air support which was suppressing the defenders organisation. The battle was over inside three hours and the new British supply dump was already under threat.​

0700 January 2nd 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Gulf of Martapan.

The second day of 1945 was also beginning well for Yamamoto as he received news of reinforcements.​

jan2450700gr2.jpg

The first four U-boat Flotillas had made it safely to Batavia where they would await repairs before becoming operational. Repairs were something that were hard to come by right now so it could take some time for these ships to repair.​

jan2451400gr1.jpg

At 1400 hours the British Transport ships tried to invade Tinian again and were caught as soon as they entered the North Mariana Trench by the patrolling Submarines. As was seemingly always the case they escaped with almost no damage.​

jan2452000gr1.jpg

The remains of Admiral Fletcher's fleet was caught again in the South East Mariana Basin, although it was no longer under Fletcher's command. Ozawa didn't care who was commanding as he set about sinking both the Destroyer Divisions before changing patrol zones to the main Mariana Trench to hunt Transport ships. The Submarines in the North Mariana Trench headed for Saipan to avoid any possible contact with an anti-Submarine fleet.​

jan3450200gr1.jpg

Nagano had moved Carrier Group C further south to patrol the North Mid-Indian Basin where he found a small British fleet. IJN Zuikaku would sink both Destroyer Flotillas.​