• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like this policy of total annexations. Puppet states are worthless, let's admit it. they produce worthless units, their AI sucks, you can't control what they're building or researching. It's actually better to rule them directly ;)

Puppets states make sense if they produce a lot of a given resource -- say, energy...

They also make sense if you want to conserve manpower, as you don't need to garrison them.

In the case of China, it would however make more sense to release the whole of NatChi as one, big puppet.

Ah, see, I didn't notice those fifteen British divisions before. That's what I get for not looking at the whole picture.

Germany's situation is extremely serious, though, especially since you need a lot of energy and if anyone produces huge amounts of energy, it's Germany.

My suggestion is to try to get every last resource you can from Germany before she goes under. Anything and everything.

Also, do what you can to avoid a war with the Soviet Union. The last thing you need is them on top of the United States and Great Britain knocking at your doorstep. If that happens, you'll probably lose unless you get a miracle of some sort.

This is even more amazing than "A Creek Without a Paddle!" I dont doubt that it will be much harder as when you were Germany, Japan survived and held its own, kind of. I highly doubt the reverse will be true in this game. Good luck!

Great update as always.

It's a shame you can't militarily control some of your allies, although it would be very realistic.

Well we have seen worst situations here at Paradox forum, but were allways able to mount the challenges and defeat that bastard AAR.

Allways and you are no exception, I have never seen anyone ysing airplanes with such detail sense Kami88 I think.

Yes, definitely Portugal. Though it SHOULD be under Japanese control, because they historically took it after it was siezed by Austrialian troops who wanted to prevent it from falling into Japanese hands. I think I read that somewhere on the forums the other day.

germanpeon said:
Yes, definitely Portugal. Though it SHOULD be under Japanese control, because they historically took it after it was siezed by Austrialian troops who wanted to prevent it from falling into Japanese hands. I think I read that somewhere on the forums the other day.

But the way the game works, Portugal would need to be at war against the Japanese and as the Japanese are allied to Germany, at war with them. And Portugal was neutral. Besides, chances are Remble would not defend it as it would be a waste of precious divisions.

germanpeon said:

Yes, that is how it works "historically"...but you know how Paradox is. *coughghostyamamotocough*

I do agree that Japan should squeeze every last ounce of resources out of her allies before they all fall.

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to lose 114 divisions in a month and a half... even the AI. :(

114 divisions? That's what you get when Hitler's playing warlord. :rolleyes:

Speaking of wasting hundreds of divisions and stacking, here is a nice picture from the Awsome Screenshots-Thread.

Hopefully we won't be seeing such things in this AAR.

Yikes! Well, I guess Maloelap somehow became essential to the war effort, and the AI wisely stationed two million soldiers there. It can't be lousy AI, Paradox have proven themselves to be above that. :)

A great AAR. But I have to agree with You and the boys over here that Europe is doomed. You have to step up crushing china and hope that the Soviets will wait before releasing all fury upon you.

Keep it up!

aug1440000indo.jpg

Why are there HQ and Motorized divisions here? The number of divisions do not justify HQs, and is Sumatra's terrain good enough for a Motorized division? I suggest swapping these divisions out for infantry, and positioning the HQ divisions in northwest China for invading Communist China or in Manchuria for the inevitable Soviet invasion.

If Indonesia or the Malaysian peninsula get invaded, there will probably be increased hostile fleets in the area, which would make transferring or rescuing expensive HQ divisions more difficult and risky. If there are transport fleets not active currently, I suggest making these transfers in the relative safety of this time.

He does have a point and while your at it remove the Para its an expensive unit to be sitting waiting for something to happen. Put it in China or something .