• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, I've never seen a naval leader die before, and it happens to be Yamamoto...

I too would like to know what will be done with the remainder of his TT...

Anyways, Ozawa is a good commander, and I am shure he will do just fine in his new role..

The man was a hero for this country. Quite a shock though.

Too bad about yamamoto, still at least you were able to use him for the first year, and better to die fighting than to get shot down in a transport plane.

Beware though, now Spruance will be a national hero and will gain 10 levels of skill! :D Better sink him quick then.

The British forces are led by Brazil! what forces do they have operating there?

You sure do seem to be calm under the pressure of being under attack on almost all fronts, just hope the Soviets stay quiet.

In order to preserve the honor of Japan this loss must be avenged. I suggest you immediately take San Francisco and re-name it Yamamoto San in honor of your fallen admiral.

Great, great AAR by the way . ;)

:eek:

First time a naval leader dies in battle, and he's Japan's -- no, with the current successes of your IJN, the world's -- best Admiral.

That's it, full speed to Pearl Harbor! Leave no American ship floating, no plane flying, and no island unconquered! >_<

Though in game terms, this cliffhanger isn't actually half as bad as I thought it would be. Losing a skilled leader is a lot less troublesome gameplay-wise than losing an entire carrier fleet in some disastrous battle as the cliffhanger would first suggested.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

The swine - i trust this will mean the endless hunting and destruction of spruence's fleet

Keep the updates coming

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFL Mouse, your Nooooooooo wen't out of your post box and off the screen......... :rofl:

*bows head*

yamamoto will be sorly missed

*raises head*

Thats the first time i've seen a naval commander die in battle and not by event. Army, yes, Air force, Yes, Navy, Never before.

Playing Japan without Yamamoto is like playing Germany without Manstein. It's like playing the USSR without Zhukov. The British without Montgomery. The Americans without Patton or Eisenhower.

In other words, thats a big morale drainer right there. :(