• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Siam will likely continue to support Japan with lent troops. Possibly Remble will ask us what he is to do with his allies and we'll get to voice our concerns over their fate, but that won't be until much later.

Kaiser_Mobius: Another Manitoban on the forums and they aren't from Winnipeg? :confused: I actually live in the country, about 5 km from Brandon.

abdul-jabar: Ah yes, North Dakota, America's most boring state :p Personally I've never been very far into Minnesota, but your part of the Lake of the Woods is quite nice

In tradition with Riptide's very good writing I've made a little something myself, although it comparatively it isn't that great, it should be mildly amusing.

---June 2nd, 1945---

He was the leader of one of THE strongest members of the Allies and yet he was being pushed and prodded like this? The Prime Minister had been rushed to this meeting right in the middle of lunch and didn’t even have time for tea. Upon entering the war room he noticed several high ranking officers as well as the minister of defense sitting at the table.
Setting himself down he new whatever the news was, it would be grave indeed.
“What has happened Mr Ralston?” he said worriedly to the Minister.
“Mr Prime Minister, as you know we are in a dreadful situation, the counter offensive being launched by the Allied forces in India is being grinded to a halt and the situation in Burma is becoming hopeless. However this pales in comparison to the news that we have just received from our American friends,” the defence minister retorted.
After a brief pause Ralston continued, “As you know the Americans has been able to successfully decode Japanese ciphers for the past three years. Last night they intercepted a transmission from the Japanese high command.” The defence minister took another rather long pause.
“Well get on with it! What’s happened?”
“They’ve found out about it!” Ralston gasped. “They know about our top secret weapon. I… I don’t know how they managed it; they don’t have a large enough intelligence network here to pull it off…”
The Prime Minister stood up and slowly walked towards the window. He stared out it for a moment and let out a deep sigh, “After all this time, after all this energy, they have found it out. I am beginning to wonder if we shall be able to win this war.” Turning back to the counsel he paused again then asked, “Is there any way the operation can still succeed?”
“No Mr Prime Minister,” Ralston said, propping up his head between both hands, “There is no way the project can succeed now, the Japanese will no doubt take measures to prevent it.”
“I’m afraid, gentlemen, that the balance of this war shall rest in the hands of Joseph Stalin.”

And with that ended the development of what had promised to be the weapon that could force the Japanese to surrender, to end the war, and ensure the protection of the Commonwealth for generations to come. Millions of dollars had been invested in the development of this weapon, which could have been used to build more ships, more planes, and perhaps even to stage a coup in Japan.

Canada had been developing a new rapidly reproducing subspecies of bovine able to carry both rabies and ‘Mad Cow’ diseases while not succumbing to either. They had hoped to covertly transport these cows to the Japanese home islands and insert them in rural areas where they would run rampant. Infecting other livestock and humans and destroying crops in the contaminated areas. The affect, they theorized, would be two-fold. First it would cause mass hysteria amongst the Japanese population, bringing wave after wave of refugees to the cities. Secondly it would destroy their food supply and render rural areas uninhabitable until significant amounts of Japanese soldiers could be brought home to eradicate all cattle from the islands.

Its untimely discovery by the Japanese would be sufficiently ahead of production that public awareness programs and safety procedures could be developed. The marking of all Japanese cattle and the eradication of any bovine without proper tags would mean that the war would have to be won on a different battlefield.

EDIT: Oh ya, and the grain elevators are really missile silos!

Operation Realisation is a silly codename by the way... ;) :D

Realization and Trust ... there has to be a joke here somewhere ...

"We trust in the realization of our goals"?

"We realize whom we can (not) trust"?

"In realization we trust"?

... I trust you realize that you've confused us a lot. :D

Or, maybe he's just screwing with us, so that we try to find clues that don't exist.
:D

I like the codenames fine my self.

Im exited to hear what these operations are about though. :)

Lance-Corporal Yassan Vassily, magnificent in his full dress uniform was, in truth, dreading the minutes to come. It was he that had been selected to deliver a message of the utmost importance to his almighty nation's Great Leader. As he entered the vast State ballroom, he dared not to gaze at the figure seated before him, deep in his own inscrutable thoughts as he was, twirling his luxurious mustache. Instead, ripping off an immaculate salute as he began his report, his eyes rested on the familar red of the flag that hung from the walls behind his leader's throne. He was aware that, at any moment, on a whim, the man before could have him dead in an instant; he didn't have to see the infamous 'private technical staff' to know they were there. He began; 'Sir, I have been instructed to report that our Armed Forces are ready for Operation Red Storm. The invasion of Japanese held lands can begin within the week. But there have been some difficulties...'
'Yes? I do hope they are not too ... difficult. I'm sure you know the consequences.'
'Sir. Well, it's just, the Imperial Japanese Navy could be a problem. Apparently, they have many carriers and the US Navy and Royal Navy have suffered greatly to it. As you know, we are not too advanced navally, so taking Japan could be an issue. And they seem to be building up a considerable defensive line across Northern China.'
'Excellent. Then they won't be expecting what I have in mind. You see, if we strike at the black heart of the dragon, at Japan itself, we can mop up the pieces later. The IJN will not be a problem. Key areas can be taken by our Paratroopers, if necessary.'
'But', Vassily stuttered, 'Our Air Force isn't exactly...'
'Do as I say! Am I not the one in command here? Japan will fall!'
'Yes Sir!'
'Make the necessary preparations immediately and be off! Tomorrow, we go to war!'

Yassan retreated gratefully, only stopping for breath when he was out of the palace. Leaning against a wall, he pulled a cigar from his pack and lit up. Why did he always have to be picked for these things? He really must be the most unlucky Russian immigrant soldier in the Omani Army.

Sokraates said:
Realization and Trust ... there has to be a joke here somewhere ...

"We trust in the realization of our goals"?

"We realize whom we can (not) trust"?

"In realization we trust"?

... I trust you realize that you've confused us a lot. :D

Or he's aiming for the stereotypical Japanese; reserved, punctual and efficient.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how you will deal with all those Soviet hordes just across the frontiers. It seems opprotunistic to use Manchuria as a revolving door; letting the Soviets stream into a defensive zone in North-Central China, afterwhich advancing into Manchuria from Korea cutting off many divisions.

Remble said:
Apparently the Allies want Stalin to attack us now, and judging by the reaction of the Allied diplomats after their meeting, it seems that Stalin stalled for time.
Very funny. :p

been reading your stuff since you began the german 44 scenario but just registered today. Very good work, I almost lived long enough against the allies when I tried but the russians were too many....

germanpeon said:
Very funny. :p

*cues a piece of dialogue from a WWII-subject Three Stooges short*

Larry: Then I better be "russian".
Moe: Then quit "stalin".

Merlowe said:
Or he's aiming for the stereotypical Japanese; reserved, punctual and efficient.

Right now, the stereotypical Japanese are winning the war. Reserving strength, having punctual cabinet meetings, and beating back the Allies efficiently. :cool:

Kanil said:
Siam will likely continue to support Japan with lent troops. Possibly Remble will ask us what he is to do with his allies and we'll get to voice our concerns over their fate, but that won't be until much later.

Depending on how the Soviets perform, Siam might very well be the only ally whose fate will be decided in part by the readers.

harezmi, sbr - Secret missions are classified until such time as they are over or reach a certain point. Suffice to say that both started at 0001 June 1st 1945.

Nathan Madien, Kanil - Kanil is correct, Siam will purely be there for its resources and troops. That is after all what a puppet is for :)

Dasfubar - Nicely done and amusing of course :D

Murmurandus - Japan never was good with codenames but as it is the Emperor who suggests the operational names you might not want to call him stupid :p :D

Sokraates, ColossusCrusher, Maj. von Mauser - So now you know who suggests the names all you have to do is figure out where they were chosen from :)

Electric Sheep - Not the Soviets as I thought it was, good work :D

Merlowe - The Soviet force disposition will largely dictate my moves but that is certainly an option.

genbrad - Welcome to the forums and this AAR. You have been watching for a long time :)

Nathan Madien - You could very well be right about Siam being the only surviving puppet.

It looks like I am going to have to include a list of guest writers in the index when I get around to making one. Thank you all for your input :)

Update to follow ...

Operation Dilemma

2100 June 1st 1945.
North China Army Headquarters. In Transit.

Japan's two marine divisions arrived on schedule in Moulmein. They would join the attack that had started an hour earlier against Kra.​

jun1452100gr1.jpg

General Asaka led the eight divisions from southern Indochina against Alexander's four divisions initially with the two marines adding to the battle after their arrival. Even with air support the battle would still be bloody.​

jun2450000gr1.jpg

Japanese troops arrived in Vishakhapatnam at 0000 hours on June 2nd and continued onwards towards Nagpur.​

jun2451200gr1.jpg

Ahmadabad was captured by General Abe at 1200 hours on June 2nd which would lead to some Japanese aircraft switching bases to the new front line airbase. No Allied aircraft had been present when Japanese troops arrived.​

jun2451400gr1.jpg

Four wings of Tactical bombers totalling ten squadrons were ordered from Calcutta to Ahmadabad where they would wait for two days to receive new oil supplies from Japanese convoys.​

jun2451400gr2.jpg

By 1400 hours on June 2nd the fight for Kra was beginning to come to a close as Alexander's tiring troops also faced a lack of supplies after their depot had been over run in Moulmein. Alexander would surrender at 0100 hours on June 3rd leaving no Allied troops in Indochina.​

jun3450500gr2.jpg

Both Close Air Support wings made the long trip to Pyongyang in Korea from Bangkok, where they would take their time recovering losses and bringing themselves up to full combat readiness.​

0000 June 3rd 1945.
Diplomatic Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Mamoru was going over his paperwork when his assistant knocked and entered.

"Yes?" Mamoru asked.

"The Soviet Ambassador is here to see you Minister." the assistant replied.

"Send him in please." Mamoru had asked the Ambassador to stop by and was expecting this visit.

"Good morning Ambassador." he greeted his visitor warmly.

"Minister Mamoru. You mentioned you had a proposal for me on the phone." the Ambassador replied.​

jun3450000gr1.jpg

"Yes I do as a matter of fact. Your vast armies require quite a large amount of supplies I would imagine. I wish to offer you some of our supplies for some of your surplus energy."

"That seems like a reasonable proposition Minster Mamoru. I doubt my superiors will deny your trade request."

"Excellent." Mamoru replied as he switched conversation to polite diplomacy after obtaining what he wanted.​

1800 June 3rd 1945.
BB Division 1 Flagship. IJN Yamashiro, Gulf of Mannar.

Yamamoto had been repairing his ships slowly in Ceylon when the patrolling squadron for the south of India encountered an enemy fleet. BB Division 1 sailed almost immediately to intercept.​

jun3451800gr1.jpg

The American fleet was lucky to find itself attacked during a thunderstorm and managed to evade the encounter without loss. They made the mistake of returning three days later and all four ships were sunk.

The Battleship IJN Ise sank one Destroyer whilst IJN Hyuga sank the other two, leaving IJN Yamashiro to sink the Light Carrier USS Cabot.​

0000 June 5th 1945.
Industry Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

The first of the latest batch of infantry divisions arrived in Fukuoka on June 5th with the remaining four due the next day.​

jun5450000gr1.jpg

They would be allowed to rest for several days before six would make the journey by sea to Korea to complete the defences of the region. The remaining nine would wait in Fukuoka until they were needed.​

jun5450000gr2.jpg

As promised, Ginjiro switched production to begin the construction of more Destroyers and Close Air Support aircraft. It would require almost a year to complete the new production but it was the best he could do.​

0100 June 5th 1945.
Army Headquarters. Tokyo, Japan.

Minister Satoru had a lot on his mind of late, with new operations beginning and ongoing ones making progress. The latest coded report he received would relieve him of one of his worries.

To: Chief of the Army.

At 0100 hours on June 5th 1945 armoured forces, namely 2. Armoured Division commaned by Mj. General Toshikaza, entered the province of Kra to place all of Indochina under the control of Japanese forces.

This concludes all operations associated with Operation Dilemma. The mission was a complete success with estimated enemy losses in Indochina of approximately fifty divisions.

Field Marshal Higashukuni.
Commander North China Army.
Commander North China Army Headquarters
.​

jun5450100gr1.jpg

Today was going to be a good day Satoru concluded after reading the message from his commander in China.​

0000 June 7th 1945.
Industry Offices. Tokyo, Japan.

Ginjiro looked up as he heard a knock on his door and stood to welcome the Foreign Minister to his office.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked Mamoru.

"I have received a proposal from the Soviet Ambassador but I am not sure whether we have the resources to fulfill his request. I need your numbers and your thoughts on the matter to be sure." Mamoru responded.

"What do the Soviets want?"​

jun7450000gr1.jpg

"Not much, just tonnes of metal and rare materials in exchange for supplies. They seem to want to return the supplies I traded to them for energy earlier in the month."

"Hmm." Ginjiro thought. "Well the latest numbers I have got on our own resources are very favourable. We have just received the first of many shipments from Siam after the stockpile in Singora was reconnected to Bangkok. We are gaining huge amounts of both of the resources the Soviets are asking for right now."

"That sounds like you approve of the trade to me. You know I will just trade the supplies right back to the Soviets for more energy of course."

"Naturally. They seem to want to help us with our little resource problem and who are we to stop them aiding a friend?" said Ginjiro.

"Indeed Minister Ginjiro, indeed." replied Mamoru as he walked back to his office to conclude the trade with the Soviet Ambassador.​

0400 June 7th 1945.

India was beginning to look very one sided now that the airforce had begun to destroy enemy divisons all over the Country.​

jun7450400gr1.jpg

This did not prevent the British re-taking Karachi. Higashikuni was not worried, they would not keep it for very long.​

1100 June 7th 1945.
BB Division 1 Flaghsip. IJN Yamashiro, Gulf of Mannar.

There were several enemy fleets that Yamamoto was aware of and the sightings of these fleets had dropped off dramatically during the last month. He always wanted to know where they were even if it was bad news.​

jun7451100gr1.jpg

Reeves was moving his fleet towards Japanese territorial waters and had been spotted by the Siamese bombers patrolling the area. He could send Carrier Group D after this fleet, but he decided to just keep an eye on its movements for the time being, as his Carrier Group was in fairly bad condition.​

jun8450600gr2.jpg

At 0600 hours on June 8th another American fleet made the mistake of entering the Gulf of Mannar and was promptly sunk by BB Division 1's Battleships. Only one could be claimed by IJN Hyuga with the second Destroyer Division sinking from multiple hits from multiple ships.

Yamamoto had a little surprise for the Allies and a fleet tripped the waiting ships at 0300 hours on June 9th.​

jun9450300gr1.jpg

Carrier Group C had rebased to Ahmadabad to allow it to patrol the eastern end of the Red Sea. An American Transport Division had tried to use the quick route from the Mediterranean and paid the price. Aircraft from IJN Hiyo would destroy it.​

jun9451100gr1.jpg

Yamamoto had moved BB Division 1 south in response to another sighting by the aircraft overhead. An Australian fleet had been sighted but only the Destroyer Flotilla would be sunk as it provided enough protection to prevent its Transport Flotilla from following suit. IJN Yamashiro would be credited with the kill.​

jun10450700gr1.jpg

Carrier Group C and IJN Hiyo would claim a second Transport Division on June 10th as they continued to blockade the Red Sea.​

0200 June 10th 1945.

British forces in northern India had been trying to reach Kathmandu to no avail. The bombers prevented any such move on their part. Their repeated attempts had left them vunerable and Higashikuni took advantage of the situation.​

jun10450200gr1.jpg

General Ueda attacked Lucknow with his infantry corps and was victorius after a short battle with air support from the older Tactical bombers flown by Ichimaru and Kondo. They allowed the youngsters to fly the more modern aircraft for the time being.​

Those Soviet Sissies... trading instead of warring... ;) :D

Murmurandus said:
Those Soviet Sissies... trading instead of warring... ;) :D
They probably saw what happened to the British in Burma and decided to stay at home and trade with the Japanese... as to not provoke a war ;)

Hmm twice i thought the Soviets had declared war on you. Ah well, destroying Britian in INdia it is. I once saw the ai i think on medium eventually landing in Ethiopia.

"This did not prevent the British re-taking Karachi. Higashikuni was not worried, they would not keep it for very long." Now here's a man with attitude. :)

The relationship between the SU and Japan seems to improve all the while. I can vividly image Mamoru and the Soviet ambassador waving bottles of Vodka and Sake, singing "Friends will be Friends ..."*

Regarding where you get the names for the secret operations from: my bet is on the dictionary or Google. :D

Not by the British band "Queen", but by the Japanese band "Tenno", of course.