• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting update. I guess you will need to start encircling stacks of Soviet troops soon if you want to keep the emperor's timetable.

What is the situation between Suez and the Baghdad? Do you think you'll be able to annex Iraq?

Even if Sir Humphrey Appleby isn't there, I can feel his spirit... :D

Basrah navalbase looks like hosting something....Did they slipped undetected after you occupied it?
And what about Abadan navalbase, did you checked what is inside before started invasion on it? It may hosting dangerous British ships.
Anyway, nice Downing Street interlude.

Last edited:
Remble said:
Murmurandus - I still need to see that movie. I am glad you find my gameplay tedious as I do try to cover everyones tastes :) :D

It's better than 'Flags of our Fathers' by the way.

Tedious as in contrast with my never-bother-to-send-those-naval-bombers-looking-for-enemy-ships-all-the-times-in-the-Pacific-playing style... ;) :D

And another month done. Time really flies when you have fun. ;)

The situation looks very interesting. Manchuria seems to be your most stable front by now while the center and west seem to be threatened. When will spring arive in Asia? March? April? Are there any areas which will have problems with mud?

Murmurandus said:
It's better than 'Flags of our Fathers' by the way.

Tedious as in contrast with my never-bother-to-send-those-naval-bombers-looking-for-enemy-ships-all-the-times-in-the-Pacific-playing style... ;) :D

flags of our father sucked. Got letters from Iwo Jima on dvd, I liked it that much.

I start to wonder when the tide will turn against the ruski

Ah, the cunning Sir Andrew Cunningham :) And tea reserves! Love it! :)

Excellent update: interesting, promising and funny!

Did your troops find any interesting documents to decrypt in Vladivostok?

What could be also good is to have a talk between Generals and Chief of Army to get their point of view regarding the fight against SOV:
- weak north west flank,
- end of winter...
How do they hope to manage that side of the war.

Last edited:
Flags of our Fathers was one of the crappier war movies I have had the mispleasure to see.

And I own around 120 DVD's of WW1/2 War Films.

Anyways, I enjoyed the English update, maybe the funniest.

Good job destroying the Kings fleet.

I gather that the rest of the British public just have to pass around the one teabag before hanging it out to dry before the next use, like in Two Pints. I am surprised but very thankful you had time for the little British interlude - still in ridiculously high spirits after so many years of war. At least they still have tobacco to comfort them, if not any fresh tea or raw materials. Banzai to the Emperor!

Wow. One million troops dead...and five million to go...with over 1700 Manpower left.
You desperately need those extra bombers.
Nice interlude, of course. :)

I see you are conducting your own "Desert Storm", Remble.

Ruodnane said:
I gather that the rest of the British public just have to pass around the one teabag before hanging it out to dry before the next use, like in Two Pints. I am surprised but very thankful you had time for the little British interlude - still in ridiculously high spirits after so many years of war. At least they still have tobacco to comfort them, if not any fresh tea or raw materials. Banzai to the Emperor!

Well, of course. They are British after all. I mean, only the British can charge heavily fortified positions, sustain heavy casualties, and shrug it off as "Aw, well. One more charge and we will make it through." :p

Last edited:
Wonderful AAR Remble! This scenario is my favorite challenge as Japan although, I only play it on Hard/Agg. I am looking forward to using some tips from this :)

Banzai!

Trinitrotoluen - Surrounding Soviet troops would speed up the process certainly. I am a little short on armour to do that too much. There is not too much activity in Iraq that I have seen so far but I think the entire Syrian Army is still in its own Country as I do not remember bombing any. I will try and annex Iraq.

Kurt_Steiner - That was roughly the tone I was looking for :D

cosminus - Thank you. Whatever was in Basrah did escape yes. My Carriers were shore bombarding which probably explains their lack of attention. I do not know what is in Abadan but if it was a dangerous fleet it should have already come out to play. I should have checked though :)

Murmurandus - Letters from Iwo Jima seems to the better movie from every comment I have read. What makes you think having my aircraft fly the same missions over and over is tedious? I just give them 6 month patrols and ignore them most of the time :D

elbasto, safferli, Maj. von Mauser - Thank you :)

Sokraates - Most of the snow melts by the end of April with some gone during March. May sees only the high mountains and northern Siberia still snow covered. No mud at all in Asia.

Krogzar - I still have to greatly reduce the Red Army before I can advance at will. I might be able to begin some advances later in the year though depending on how things work out.

Phax - No they all got away from Basrah and Kuwait City. 1.3b has significantly improved the AI's ability to stop its aircraft getting caught like this. Surprise landings still work sometimes though.

alan_le_cowboy - Thanks. No documents this time no, I would need some time to rummage through the debris to find them and the Red Army evicted me too quickly. I can do something like that between the Generals certainly. I will do it during February sometime as the monthly meeting is next so I need to give the Generals time to muster somwhere in Asia.

robou - My little Cabinets live in a fantasy World of sorts so they have varying degrees of stupidity amongst them :)

Ruodnane - That stiff upper lip takes a lot of dislodging most of the time and as there is no threat to the mainland UK they are quite happy.

ColossusCrusher - Thanks. The bombers will not be coming for a while yet with the first probably around September it looks like.

Nathan Madien - I am having some fun in the desert. With the Pacific all but dead and the Soviets not inclined to attack much I have to amuse myself somehow :D

CyrusSpitama - Thank you very much. I was very much a novice with Japan when this started but I am glad to know you have managed to find some tips :)

Monthly update to follow ...

Update (February 1st 1947)

0000 February 1st 1947.
Imperial Palace. Tokyo, Japan.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. We will begin with Industry today." Hideki began the monthly meeting.

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." Ginjiro began. "January was a fairly stable month with no major resource changes."​

feb1470000prod.jpg

"Our Transport Capacity remains higher than I would like but little can be done to reduce it without Garrison troops. The situation will probably become worse when the fighting begins in earnest as our forces will require additional supplies.

Energy continues to be the main worry with resources with most others reducing or increasing slightly. Oil conversion still impacts on Energy reserves but will hopefully stop soon to allow the Energy defecit to decrease. We are increasing our monetary reserves which allows Minister Kuniaki some opportunities to try and increase his network of agents overseas. Manpower is being drained too quickly and we will return to a near zero state unless we reduce losses.

More Convoy Transports were ordered last month to replace the slow losses we have been incurring in various parts of the World. No other production has altered.

Our supply stockpile is in good condition with the decreases shown due to a large resupply load at this particular time. This will tail off tomorrow and we should be increasing supplies again. Supplies have increased by two thousand tonnes during January.

Reinforcements are largely for our Naval and Air forces and are not manpower intensive. The upgrades to our Interceptor wings continues and should begin to require less prodution during February. We do still have to upgrade our Close Support Aircraft with the next research tabled to require a Tactical bomber upgrade and an increase in prodution to produce more of these aircraft. That is all for today." Ginjiro concluded.

"Military next please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. The Pacific remains extremely quiet with some small exceptions that Minister Osami will cover in his report. The bulk of the fighting is in Asia and the Middle East as our two current operations, Tedious and Komodo, continue to cause our enemies problems. The front lines against the Red Army are pretty much static but there are some signs that this could change with the melting snow." Tanigawa began.

"When does the snow begin to melt?" asked Hirohito.

"The beginning of March will see a change in the weather but most of the snow will remain until April with some still around until May in the higher mountains and northern Siberia." Tanigawa replied. "I will hand you over to Minster Satoru for a more detailed briefing."

"Thank you. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Satoru began. "Nothing at all has changed territorially in the Pacific with any changes being in Asia or the Middle East."​

feb1470000asia.jpg

"As you can see Asia is pretty much waiting for Spring with the Red Army still mustering its forces along the front. The area of most concern for us now is the center as this is not only our weakest position but sees an increase in enemy forces. We do have a lot of territory that we can give up if needed in this area and unless the line crumbles elsewhere it should be containable."​

feb1470000indn.jpg

"Northern India has not seen any changes as we continue to monitor any possible enemy build up. This has not occured yet and may not do so. Some of the territory of former Sinkiang is still in our hands as the Soviets are advancing very slowly in this part of the front."​

feb1470000sink.jpg

"The western flank of our Chinese front line is in slightly more trouble with large enemy forces heading into this area. Most are thought to be moving east but we have already been forced from Dunhuang province and could lose more territory once the slow moving enemy troops arrive along the front. We have some manouvering room here as well and the position is not of too much concern."​

feb1470000meng.jpg

"This is the biggest threat right now with a much larger enemy force opposite our weaker part of the line. The large enemy army moving into Erenhot is not much of a worry as we have ample forces surrounding this province to remove almost any enemy forces. Yuling and Datong provinces are likely to be attacked causing further losses but we do not consider a major breakthrough a threat as there are not enough enemy troops concentrated here. Should we lose Yuling province then only Kalgan will prevent Mengkokuo from surrendering to the Soviets. Needless to say we will take steps to prevent that from happening."​

feb1470000manch.jpg

"Moving east to Manchuria we see a much more stable position with the enemy forces slowly reducing and we may be able to achieve force parity in this region within a few months if the losses continue for our enemies without replacements. The constant attacks along the coast during Operation Tedious are certainly destabalising the Soviet positions as they are forced to repeatedly respond to the losses. There is not much sign of us losing more ground for the time being."​

feb1470000sak.jpg

"The final part of Asia is around Sakhalin Island where it looks like the Red Army are finally reducing their forces opposite the island as it has become clear to them that they are not going to cross the straight unless their Navy intervenes. This is not going to occur without us having weeks of warning as the Soviet Navy would be required to cross our picket lines somewhere. The entire Red Navy arriving at once would be the worst possible scenario but even then we do have BC Division 1 in Tokyo which is probably a match for the entire Soviet Navy."​

feb1470000mideast.jpg

"Moving to the Middle East where Operation Komodo is centred. There are several British puppet States in this region including Iraq, Persia, Syria, Lebanon and Ethiopia. None of them are a particular threat but combined they do provide the Allies with a fairly large force. Our Tactical bombers will be doing their best to even out the numbers. There are two neutral Countries, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan, along the borders with our enemies which allows us to concentrate our forces and not worry about our flanks too much. Advancing through Persia to the Soviet border might not be a good idea but we might do that if we can and if the Soviets do not have too many troops there. There are no plans to attack either neutral Country for now."​

feb1470000indw.jpg

"The Allies forced us to move out of Karachi again with these forces moving to Sukkur province. Most of the Allied troops along the border are not advancing as they have begun to react to our invasion behind their lines."​

feb1470000me.jpg

"That is going particularly well with two provinces with airbases already under our control with a third having troops moving towards it from the Persian Gulf. Abadan also has a large Oil reserve which would be nice to have even if it is only to prevent the Allies using it. Enemy Strategic bombers are making life a little difficult as they are bombing anything we own in this area. The side effect of this is to allow India to recover from the bombing it received and is a good trade off from our point of view. We shall move our Interceptors over once they are repaired and we may well need a third wing to deploy to the region.

Once we have secured Abadan we will start to expand inland unless the enemy brings in reinforcements as we do not have a large army here. Currently we are using six divisions and might be able to add three in a few weeks if we can destroy a large part of the enemy forces. All bets are off if the Red Army invades northern India of course. With some luck we might be able to remove Iraq and Persia from the War but the latter would be inviting the Red Army into the Middle East. That will be something we will consider at the time. Nothing more from me so over to Minister Osami for a Naval briefing." concluded Satoru.

"Thank you. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Osami began. "We had two issues to deal with at sea during January with the first being the British Carrier fleet in the Indian Ocean and the second an American Carrier fleet in the Pacific. We were also supporting Operations Tedious and Komodo."​

feb1470000sunk.jpg

"The reports for lost ships during January clearly shows that we dealt with both enemy Carrier fleets. We used two methods to do so. Carrier Groups C and D sank the British Carrier and its Battleship component whilst our Naval bombers handled the Americans.

We did lose three vessels during the month but the enemy lost far more. The slow losses we are incurring is not a good sign but we still have the largest fleet in the World. Losses were as follows:

Japanese Losses

1 x Heavy Cruiser - IJN Takao.
2 x Destroyer Flotillas - 7 and 10 Kuchikukantai.

Canadian Losses

1 x Destroyer Flotilla.
1 x Transport Flotilla.

British Losses

1 x Aircraft Carrier.
2 x Battleships.

American Losses

1 x Aircraft Carrier.
1 x Light Carrier.
1 x Heavy Cruiser.
1 x Submarine Division.
4 x Destroyer Divisions.

Sixteen ships or flotillas in all with the Americans losing most but the British losing the higher calibre vessels. The main American Carrier fleet has still not be seen for several months and would cause considerable problems were it to support landings by our enemies. There is no sign of such a thing occuring for the time being but it could at any time.

Repairs are ongoing to several of our capital ships and will take time to finish. We do still have control of most sealanes in the Pacific and Indian oceans. Noting further from me or the Armed Forces." concluded Osami.

"Intelligence please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Despite some additional funding I have been unable to increase my agents overseas during January but I will continue to try and do so. Reports are therefore as accurate as always." Kuniaki began.​

feb1470000intsov.jpg

"Soviet Industry is almost the same with minor shrinkage due to the loss of Vladivostok even if only temporarily. Research wise they completed research into Plastics which saw their usable Industry increase by sixteen factories.

Their ground forces lost twenty seven Infantry divisions overall but gained two Armoured. A net loss of twenty five divisions. Should the losses continue at that rate then the Red Army will be roughly the same size as the Imperial Japanese Army by the end of the year.

No changes to the Red Airforce and one loss for their Navy."​

feb1470000intuk.jpg

"British Industry is unchanged but more is available which means they must have acquired some Rare Materials from their Allies. No new technology.

Thirty three Infantry divisions have vanished and we know we did not kill them all. This number is going to be way off due to my lack of agents and possible Nationality changes as the British hand troops back to their owners.

The Airforce and Navy numbers do not tally at all with last months and are merely an indicator."​

feb1470000intus.jpg

"My report on the United States is more accurate. No change to their Industry. They completed research into a more modern Fighter aircraft.

Five new Infantry divisions arrived to bolster their forces which are apparently mostly in the United States as we have seen very few of them.

One Aircraft Carrier was added to their numbers even though we sank one ourselves. Four smaller ships were lost overall. No change to Airforce of note."​

feb1470000intjap.jpg

"Our own research is progressing slowly with nothing likely to complete until the middle of the year. Naval Doctrine will continue once the current research completes as will Computers. We may or may not alter Cryptology. Agriculture will be changed to Oil Conversion and Aircraft research will switch to Infantry and then Armour. Nothing more from me but Minister Hakujiro has a small report for Security." Kuniaki concluded.

"Thank you Minister Kuniaki. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. I have an update on partisan activity which is of some interest." Hakujiro began.​

feb1470000part.jpg

"Looking at a Golmud province, which we captured during our War with China and its Allies, we can see that our own partisan problems become pretty insignificant alongside the effects for the Soviets. The Chinese population do not particularly like us but they seem to dislike the Red Army even more. This partisan activity is lower than it would be if they did not have significant forces in adjacent provinces and will worsen the more they advance. that is all from me." concluded Hakujiro.

"Thank you Gentlemen. Things are still very much under control it seems with some advances against the Allies going well. Spring could change things a little but we shall worry about that when it arrives." stated the Emperor as he stood and left ending the meeting.​

Nice update as usual. With the Japanese planning to advance into the Middle East, I can't help but wonder how it will affect the future of the region in regards to American interests.

Last edited: