• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
can we have some religous, cultural maps please?
That.

Great job seeing the AAR through to the end of the CK2 part and regular updates, I myself find an AAR very time-consuming to write, and then find/upload pictures to fit too.. No idea how you manage to pump these out so fast. ;P Excited to see how you handle EU4.

Great ending to the Ck2 portion.:) Looking forward to the EU4 portion!

Outside Brits and Romans Europe is still a big mess.

Having that much of a mess in Europe will make for a very strange EU game. I think England will be colonising everywhere pretty much uncontested and make a much bigger British Empire than in real history.

BTW, is that British Empire Anglo-Saxon or did some Norman get in and make it English? Or is it a different culture entirely? England mightn't get English ideas if it's not, well, English.

So this is it?

Having that much of a mess in Europe will make for a very strange EU game. I think England will be colonising everywhere pretty much uncontested and make a much bigger British Empire than in real history.

BTW, is that British Empire Anglo-Saxon or did some Norman get in and make it English? Or is it a different culture entirely? England mightn't get English ideas if it's not, well, English.

I was thinking on that. It seems like the Middle Ages have not really banished. Perhaps in the early stages of the game Romans, British, Spanish and Egyptians manage to annex lots of petty states.

The British might take the Americas, but Southeast Asia is wide open for the Egyptians if the want it.

And way to write around the fact that coptic becomes plain orthodox in EUIV. Although a little disappointing that you won't get the sweet Monophesyite cross icon.

Will you continue to write it following the rulers, given that there's far less given personality to work off?

I shall eagerly await this AAR to continue into EUIV! The religious uniformity in Europe is interesting, but I am also curious to see whether Egypt will have its rulers assimilate into the populace, have the populace adopt the culture of their leaders or whether a new culture shall be created!

The second part of the AAR The Serpents of the Nile Part 2 - The Continued Tales of the Egypto-Norse is now up! Hope many of you come to keep following :).

That.

Great job seeing the AAR through to the end of the CK2 part and regular updates, I myself find an AAR very time-consuming to write, and then find/upload pictures to fit too.. No idea how you manage to pump these out so fast. ;P Excited to see how you handle EU4.

can we have some religous, cultural maps please?

Also did the Byzantines smash the Abbasids or did they fall into civil war( in anatolia)?

I'll put them in on the second update of EUIV AAR.

The Byzantines smashed the Abbassids - without Mesopotamia they simply weren't strong enough to hold the Greeks back.

Great ending to the Ck2 portion.:) Looking forward to the EU4 portion!

Hope you keep enjoying it into the next AAR. :)

Great AAR, Tommy. Have you tried modding in custom ideas for the Egypto-Norse?

I tried to change the ideas to make them a bit more fitting, but havent done custom ideas.

Its not too much of a mess - the collapse of the Mongols did making Central and Eastern Europe a bit clustery though.

England is Norse, the Vikings won and eventually became Christians. Not sure if they got proper English ideas.

So this is it?

Huh? He's continuing to EUIV...

This - check out the next part. :)

I was thinking on that. It seems like the Middle Ages have not really banished. Perhaps in the early stages of the game Romans, British, Spanish and Egyptians manage to annex lots of petty states.

The overextension mechanics of EUIV should keep things in check - atleast to an extent.

The British might take the Americas, but Southeast Asia is wide open for the Egyptians if the want it.

And way to write around the fact that coptic becomes plain orthodox in EUIV. Although a little disappointing that you won't get the sweet Monophesyite cross icon.

Will you continue to write it following the rulers, given that there's far less given personality to work off?

I would have preferred having Miaphysites remaining, but there you go :/. And yeah, we've got a lot of options in the Indian Ocean. I'll keep doing updates per ruler, hopefully I can keep some personality in each monarch, but it wont be as easy as CK where the personalities form themselves.

I shall eagerly await this AAR to continue into EUIV! The religious uniformity in Europe is interesting, but I am also curious to see whether Egypt will have its rulers assimilate into the populace, have the populace adopt the culture of their leaders or whether a new culture shall be created!

By this stage the elites are more Egyptian than the EGyptians Norse for sure - but there has been a sort of cultural synergy.

This has been fantastic Tommy4ever! I'm really looking forward to seeing how Viking Egypt grows and changes in Part 2!

A minor note:
His great reputation can be attributed to later historians and the rule of his direct ancestors over a Kingdom so thoroughly shaped by his legacy.

You wrote 'ancestors' here, where you meant to write 'descendants'.

Is it just me or have all of the screenshots from this thread been blocked by photobucket? I saw your continuation of this in the EUIV section and really wanted to see the first part of this amazing saga but, to my dismay, I can't see any of your pretty pictures!

Is it just me or have all of the screenshots from this thread been blocked by photobucket? I saw your continuation of this in the EUIV section and really wanted to see the first part of this amazing saga but, to my dismay, I can't see any of your pretty pictures!

I've checked this out and the pics for most of the AAR from the start should come back online tomorrow, with the very end and the very start of the EUIV AAR coming back on the 5th. Exceeded photobucket bandwidth you see :/.