• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cecasander

Who am I?
65 Badges
Mar 29, 2004
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
bayeux.jpg

The Scions of Godwinson
The Saxons after Hastings

When Edward the Confessor, last king of the House of Wessex, died on the fifth of January in the year of Our Lord thousand sixty-six, he had no less than three powerful heirs. First there was the king of Norway, Harald Hardrada, who believed to have a claim on the English throne through an old arrangement made between his cousin and predecessor Magnus and the king of Denmark, Hardaknut. Secondly there was the ambitious duke of Normandy, William, who was a illegitimate son of the previous duke, but had the support of his master, King Henry of France. William declared that Edward had promised him the English throne years before, after he had given Edward sanctuary during his exile. And finally there was a local lord, the Earl of Wessex named Harold Godwinson. Harold had proven himself in battle against the Welsh and even his own brother, and thus received the support of most of the Saxon nobility. Harold claimed that Edward himself appointed him as his successor on his deathbed. On the other hand, William claimed that Harold had sworn loyalty to him years before, after he had rescued Harold from a shipwreck and a rebellious Norman count.

In the end, it fell to the royal council of wise men, the Witenagemot, to appoint a king. They chose the Saxon Harold. This was of course challenged by the other two contesters, who forged an alliance in order to support each others claim and bring down the Saxon kingdom. In September Harald Hardrada lands in northern England with 300 ships and 15.000 men, but he is defeated by Harold at Stamford Bridge on de 25th of that month. Meanwhile, however, William of Normandy lands in the south with 7.000 men. Harold has to force his army to march all the way south in only a few days, and when they meet with William’s force they are exhausted. In the following battle on the 14th of October, the Saxon peasants are charged and routed and the king’s bodyguards are butchered despite their brave stand. King Harold falls in this battle, and William claims it a victory.

He waited for two weeks for the Witenagemot to surrender and accept him as the new king. But when they instead choose Edward the Confessor’s cousin Edgar Ætheling as their new king, William starts marching towards the capital of London in order to force his coronation…

battle.jpg

Welcome​

Welcome to this AAR, which is my fourth (I think) and hopefully one I will continue beyond the first few years. It will focus on the descendants of Harold the Saxon and their attempts to reclaim the English throne and (hopefully, in the future) the history of England under renewed Saxon kingship. The AAR will be mostly story driven. I will introduce people and events that are not in the game for the sake of the story, although I will stay faithful to course the game takes me. If only because it can throw you into situations you can’t possible think up yourself :p I might change formats between chapters, switching from journals to letters to accounts to actual stories, as I think it might help me keep interest in the whole project. I also intend to use as many historical names of locations and people and titles as possible, in order to bring some realism to the story and its world.
I am using Crusader Kings with Deus Vult and the Deus Vult Improvement Pack (DVIP) version 8 (I believe) and its More Kingdoms and COA addons.

Index

The Journal of Aethelbert of Hereforda

The Correspondences of Lady Aeldgyth of Mercia

The childhood of Harold on Mann

Last edited:
300px-Harold_dead_bayeux_tapestry.jpg

Chapter I
The journal of Wita Aethelbert of Hereforda
November 8, 1066 – April 10, 1067
Aethelbert (b. 1014) was the chief advisor of Queen Aeldgyth of Mercia, wife of Harold Godwinson, and a senior member of the Witan. After his death, his journal was kept at Saint Michael’s Abbey on the Isle of Man.
------------------------------------------
“You've come, have you?…You've come, you source of tears to many mothers, you evil. I hate you! It is long since I saw you; but as I see you now you are much more terrible, for I see you brandishing the downfall of my country. I hate you!”
Eilmer of Malmesbury about Halley’s Comet, which passed in April 1066
------------------------------------------

November 8, 1066
The army of William the Bastard is reaching Lunden. The boy that the Witenagemot proclaimed as successor of King Harold is nowhere to be found. So much for the grandson of the great Eadmund Ironside , who was supposed to be our last chance of victory against these Norman invaders. I had council with the other Witan, and it was decided that King Harold’s widow Aeldgyth - who still carries Harold’s unborn heir - had to be evacuated away from William’s army. According to the nuns, Aeldgyth may be giving birth any moment now and traveling with her might be very harmful for both mother and child. But should we let her fall into the hands of the Normans?

November 9, 1066
I met Queen Aeldgyth and urged her to flee the city, as William’s army approaches by the day. Although she is in no condition to travel on horseback, the nuns gave permission to bring her to Oxenaforda by carriage, under the condition that two of them would come with her. I hastily agreed to their demands. We decided to leave at noon tomorrow. The sooner, the better. Archbishop Stigand seems to be leading the defense of Lunden during the absence of ‘King’ Edgar Ætheling and the northern earls.​

November 12, 1066
Queen Aeldgyth, myself, and our small entourage of caretakers and huskarls reached Saint Frideswide’s nunnery at Oxenaforda. It has become clear that the queen cannot travel any further. But we seem to be out of harm’s way here and the queen is in good care with these nuns. It has also come to our attention that the powerful northern earls of Mercia and Northumbria, Edwin and Morcar , are on their way south, although the size of their army remains a mystery.

November 14, 1066
The queen gave birth to a twin last night! The two boys are in good health according to the nuns, although the flight from Lunden might have some influence on their health in the future. The queen was reported as being totally broken, but I was assured she would be okay. When she regains her strength, I must confront her at once. I personally want to leave Oxenaforda as soon as possible, as we are still well within range of William’s army. Also, news arrived from Lunden, reporting that Edgar Ætheling returned to the royal court. It seems he is having grave disagreements with Archbishop Stigand regarding the war, and this has yet barred him for coronation. I was never a supporter of the Ætheling, but I think that disagreement amongst our ranks is the least this kingdom needs in these hours.​

November 15, 1066
Queen Aeldgyth wishes to travel to her homeland of Mercia as soon as she is allowed to ride again, to join the court of her brother, the Earl of Mercia. It remains an issue with the two boys, however. They need to be baptised, but they are still too young and might therefore not be ready to be baptised before Lunden falls. In any case, it seems best that the twin is brought abroad. But to where, and how?

November 20, 1066
Report from Lunden arrived today. It seems William’s army was defeated by Edgar before Lunden Bridge, and the Normans had to retreat. This bought us some more time, if only for a while.​

November 22, 1066
I was wrong. After William’s defeat at Lunden Bridge, it seems he now seeks to invade the city from another angle. The Norman army, apparently refreshed and reinforced with French forces, has been spotted along the Thames River, clearly trying to cross it. As there is no place to cross the river east from Walinforda apart from Lunden Bridge, he must certainly be heading in this direction. Walinforda is only a few hours from Oxenaforda. What if William learns that there are two of his enemy’s heirs on the run, even though they’re still infants? We need to run. They need to leave, leave the island if possible.

November 23, 1066
Queen Aeldgyth, the infants and the rest of the entourage left Oxenaforda at dawn. I decide to ride to Walinforda together with a handful of retainers, to see if we can give a hand to the local Aeldorman, Wigod. Aeldgyth will be riding to Badon , which is the site of another abbey. She believes that this town will be well out of William’s way to Lunden, and she shall have the twins baptised there as soon as it can be arranged. As the royal entourage won’t be able to travel very fast, I hope I can catch up with the queen before she reached Badon, or at least reach her soon after. I think the queen will need my aid more than Wigod.​

November 24, 1066
That filthy, treacherous pig! Wigod is a traitor. By allowing William the Bastard’s army to cross the Thames unopposed, he might have signed the death warrant for the Anglo-Saxon kingdom! Wigod clearly decided that treachery to the throne is the way to go. He and his kin shall pay for this, if not by us then by the judgement of God! William now apparently plans to travel east along the river towards Lunden. Where in heaven’s name are Edwin and Morcar!? My men suggested revenging Wigod’s treachery by murdering him, but I feared he might gain assistance from the Normans, and we are simply outnumbered four hundred to one. So, in return we gallop towards Badon, and hope to be able to undo at least some of the damage this swine Wigod caused our kingdom.

November 26, 1066
We reached Badon Abbey and learned the queen and the twin were in good health. I brought her the news of Aeldorman Wigod’s treachery, and she seemed grim. It’s one thing to have a foreign pretender invading your country. It’s another to have loyal noblemen deflect to him and allow him to march to the capital unchallenged. It all depends on the queen’s brothers now.​

Last edited:
A most excellent beginning to an AAR. That Wigod - he should be made to suffer for his treason.

That was interesting... a saxon empire coming, yayz!
Lets hope William the Bastards dies soon.
And you inherit someday Danish Crown and Norskes allso.
But I shall follow this one, that's sure.

Godwineson, HO! :rofl:

Stnylan - Thanks :) Wigod will pay. Or his children... or his grandchildren... or his great-grandchildren...

Enewald - Good you are so enthousiastic :p Well, Norway and Denmark on my wishlist too, together with Ireland, The Isles, Scotland and Wales ofcourse. I believe you can gain the title 'Emperor of the West' in DV if you have 5 kingdom titles or so, and a nordic empire sounds too awesome! :D

Things look rough. The Queen is being uncooporative and Wigod betrayed the Saxons. It will be interesting to see where that goes.

somerset.jpg
Sumorsete

November 29, 1066
The twin heirs of Harald Godwinson have been baptised at Badon Abbey. They were given the names Harold and Ulf, in honour of their unfortunate father. The queen expressed her concerns regarding Ulf’s health, but believed Harold would have the same strength and stamina as his father. Now their souls are saved, it remains to be seen where they would go. It seems Mercia and Wales are out of the question, and so are Normandy and Brittany of course. Queen Aeldgyth dispatched a number of envoys to the island of Eire , where she believes her children will also be safe.

November 30, 1066
News reached us that king Edgar Ætheling is preparing for a last battle near Berkimsted. Morcar of Northumbria and Edwin of Mercia also arrived at Heortfordshire. Would this be our last chance?​

December 2, 1066
The entire entourage has traveled further west, to Alfred the Great’s abbey on Athelney Island. The abbey and the island are surrounded by the large Sumorsete Moors. This at least grants us some positive defensive position. There are no reports from Berkimsted yet. Oxenaforda has fallen to the Normans as well, and it has cut us off from news from the east.

QueenAeldgyth.jpg

December 3, 1066
Queen Aeldgyth received word from a Norseman called Hjalmar, who apparently is an important man on the southern coast of Eire. His messenger told the queen and I that he is willing to take custody over the twins and that he is able to sail them to Eire. As the queen didn’t want to give her babies to Norsemen, I suggested that I would travel with them to Eire, and take them under my own wing there. After further discussion, the Norseman agreed to allow me and three Huskarls to accompany the twin to Eire, although we would have to accept Hjalmar’s patronage. We are to travel to the coastal town of Watchet where Hjalmar will arrive in ten days.​

December 5, 1066
We left Athelney abbey and headed northwest towards the coast. Queen Aeldgyth and her entourage will accompany us, and will then travel north and east to Mercia to join the court of her brother Edwin. The weather has gone bad, and this might make our crossing dangerous. I hope that our prayers and donations during our flight have pleased the Lord.

December 6, 1066
We arrived in the town of Watchet, a small, smelly fishing town that apparently harbours a lot of Norsemen. It should not be forgotten to say that the Danes and Norsemen where once our mortal enemies. Perhaps it’s true that times have changed? In any case, these people are little more than barbarians to me and I seriously doubt they are the ‘good Christians’ they say to be. In any case, Watchet is a prosperous town that harbours a castle that’s situated on the cliff above. Queen Aeldgyth and the twins and most of her entourage is taking residence in the castle, while I accept to stay in the town and try to bond with these Norsemen, who might become our unlikely last allies.​

December 7, 1066
In the past, the town of Watchet had been raided and pillaged quite frequently by the Norsemen and Danes. That’s why the castle was built on top of the cliff, and why the town is connected by the military road . Now it seems they only come here as traders and fishermen, although it’s clear that the people of Watchet are still not very positive towards them. And with good reason, I’m sure. Old soars don’t heal very quickly.

December 9, 1066
William the Bastard has won! It’s hard and painful to accept, but it is officially so. Today news came from Badon, which made it clear that the city had been seized by William, and essentially most of England as well. It seems that Edgar Ætheling has betrayed his grandfather and his people, and surrendered his crown to William at Birkimsted! It feels painful, but it a way we knew that our cause was lost. That fool Edgar, that ignorant old man Stigand. And Morcar and Edwin are supposedly nowhere to be seen. The twin must leave now more than ever. And we, the Witan, and the Saxon nobility and the army, what will become of us? Well, for now, all we can do is drink to drown our sorrow and hope the future turns a little less grim because of it.​

December 11, 1066
More bad news, as it turns out both Morcar of Northumbria and Edwin of Mercia, the two men on whose shield and axe our kingdom stood after Hastings, submitted to William at Birkinsted. Aeldgyth does not know of this treason yet, and as far as I’m concerned she will not know until her children are on their way to Eire. How could I tell her?

December 12, 1066
Stories have arrived in Watchet about revolts in Badon and southern Wessex. And rebellion is also in the air here as well. As William’s soldiers have not yet come to this corner of the country to claim it, the people apparently find it suitable to revolt without a ruler. The leader of queen Aeldgyth’s bodyguard, Oslaf, suggested that we joined the rabble and lead a peasant army against William’s worn armies. Although it sounds very tempting, both queen Aeldgyth and I believe it would only do more harm that good. Another concern is that we must leave the castle before it is taken by the Normans, as they will surely find out about Aeldgyth and the twin. The queen has decided to disband her entourage and keeps only two handmaiden and half a dozen huskarls , in order to keep down suspicion. Still, a household of ten is quite large for commoners, even for an Aeldorman, in these parts.​

December 13, 1066
With no sign of Hjalmar today, the tension has risen. The Normans have taken the castle and pillaged it, but we already emptied the mint and burned it. How strange would that look for them? As the chance for detection is rising every day, and unrest is still brewing in the town and especially in the country, queen Aeldgyth decided to leave for Mercia tomorrow morning. She will say her final goodbyes at dawn.

December 14, 1066
Queen Aeldgyth said goodbye to her sons this morning, and to me and the two huskarls – Caelin and Hunwald – who would go to Eire. I swore to take good care for her children, and instructed one of her handmaiden to give her a letter about her brothers’ defection to William. Later today we found out that the Normans had learned of our presence in Watchet, and that they would openly started looking out for queen Aeldgyth. I just hope she will make it to Mercia undetected. Then again, wouldn’t she get protection from her brothers now?​

Travels1.png
Queen Aeldgyth's flight. The red line is the course William's army took​

So Exiles they are to be, to seek their future in foreign lands, perhaps one day to demand the destiny and dignities that should be theirs: to whit, the throne and realm of England, their birthright and patrimony, so efficiently taken away by the soul-less Normans, those upstart lordlings who cower in their halls of stone, like any thief cowers in his lair, fearing the righteouness of justice.

:)

They escaped. When William falls, perhaps these children will have the chance to reclaim their homeland.

An excellent AAR so far.

I wanted to start an AAR about the Godwinsons to, but then using my modded scenario which starts on 8 january 1066, when Harold is king.

But I have to shelve it for now, another Godwinson AAR would be a bit to much.

Enewald - Conquerers the Normans will remain. It's important to remember that England will remain Saxon for quite a few decades. The peasants are on my side! :D

stnylan - Don't think I could sum it up so catchy. Maybe I should send it to the hope to see if I can convince him to support my claim instead of William's :p

MechTheDane - Hey, give yourself some credit, your Harold got further than what mine could even dream about at this moment. I think. Who knows what infant heirs dream about? :p

Estonianzulu - Well, as it is now, I'll need to become king of France or something likewise in order to be powerful enough to retake England by force. So hopefully William's successors mess up so I can get some more bite sized bits. Because I already know where they are going to end up ;)

Veldmaarschalk - Thanks. Yes it does seem the Godwinsons are quite popular, and why shouldn't they be? :p I also played with the thought of letting Harold senior survive Hastings, but I'm just not a modder.

Edit: that was my 100th post! In over 4 years... I never thought I'd ever actually get there.

Last edited:
Cecasander said:
Edit: that was my 100th post! In over 4 years... I never thought I'd ever actually get there.
You should comment in more AARs :)

Very good beginning, definitely following. Godwinson ho!

Very good beginning, very much looking forward to more, I hope you can eject the Normans from Englaland!

drakkar.jpg

December 15, 1066
Still no sign of Hjalmar. We had storm today, the whole day, so it’s a save bet he is taking shelter somewhere along the coast. If I only had more men, I could have had them look out for Hjalmar. It also seems Harald and Ulf can stomach the cow milk they are drinking now that their mother left. It is still a question what we should feed them on board the boat. Hunwald suggested young cheese. Has anyone else sailed across a sea with infants on board?

December 16, 1066
Hjalmar Eiriksson has arrived in Watchet, and not a moment too soon. Soon after we left, Normans raided our house, we heard. We are now camping on the beach just outside the town together with Hjalmar’s crew. Our host, Hjalmar Eiriksson, seems to be a fairly literate and polite man – for a Norseman – and he even speaks some Latin and I happen to speak some Norse. The rest of his men appear to be stereotypical Norsemen however; unruly, barbaric and never far from their spirits. They do seem like expert sailors thought – Hjalmar said there wouldn’t be a better crew this side of Britannia – and they also have a weak spot for the twin. We will sail in the morning, and we hope to be arriving in Hjalmar’s home city of Veisafjord within three or four days.​

December 19, 1066
We found shelter in a bay along the coast of Wales before a heavy storm once again struck the ocean. Hjalmar told me that storms like this one are very common this time of year and that they can pretty much slow down one’s voyage for a couple of days. It is decided that we spend the night here, and see how the weather is tomorrow morning. The twin has been quite quiet for most of the voyage, which somewhat surprises me. Maybe the rocking on the waves made them calm?

December 23, 1066

After nearly six days, we finally arrive in the Norse harbour town of Veisafjord. When we arrived at dusk, the whole city was lit. Hjalmar told me the local Norse still continued their pagan habit of celebrating the summer and winter solstice. Alongside Christmas, apparently. When we landed, we found several bonfires set up outside the town, with people dancing and drinking around them. Hjalmar brought me and the twin to his homestead which lies within the city perimeter. His servants brought us the first descent meal we had in over a week, and he also assured us we were on safe soil now. Hjalmar offered me and Caelin and Hunwald to take us to church tomorrow, where we could thank the lord for a safe crossing and join these Norsemen in their Christmas celebration. He also told me that a representative from his own overlord – the local king – would visit us after Christmas. It seems that king has some plans for us and the twin.​

December 24, 1066

In a way, it’s strange to believe that these once savage and heathen Norsemen are such good Christians. And undoubtedly a lot of them aren’t. But our patron is, and looking at Veisafjord’s church – which is clearly the largest and most lavish building in town – it has become clear that the church is quite powerful in these parts and these once-enemies are rightly guided by the hand of the same god I worship. We spent three hours in the church, and I donated a large amount of gold we brought from Watchet Castle. The priest, a pious but somewhat mysterious Welshman, seemed quite pleased what he and his predecessors had accomplished here and in the other Nordic cities on Eire in the past decades. He also spoke of a number of monasteries in and around this area that would have formed the base for the Irish monks that would later spread of the world.

December 25, 1066
We celebrated Christmas yesterday night and I went to church together with Hjalmar and his wife Magda again. Hjalmar’s people seem to take care of everything, which is really very relaxing although I never loose the twin out of sight for too long. Hjalmar’s daughter Helena also seems to be quite fond of the twin, and quite fond of Caelin as well.​

December 26, 1067
A man arrived at Hjalmar’s homestead in the afternoon, a friend or associate of our host clearly. He took me apart and told me he was an envoy for the king of Laigin, a man called Dairmait mac Mail na mBo. The king was Hjalmar’s overlord, as he had placed him in control of the town of Veisafjord, and in return the support of Veisafjord won him the throne of the kingdom of Laigin. King Dairmait had heard of Hjalmar’s patronage, but he came to offer us – or rather Harold and Ulf – something more. He was willing to give the twin land, an army and a fleet in order to take what’s theirs by right, when the time was right. I happily accepted of course, although it remains to be seen what ulterior motives this king might have. The envoy invited me to travel to the king’s residence at Fearna, a couple of hours from Veisafjord. I accepted the offer, but decide not to rush things. Infants cannot lead armies to victory, and nor can I.

December 28, 1067

A snowstorm came from the north, but Hjalmar’s homestead is very cosy in these harsh winter days. Hjalmar’s daughter Frida, a pretty young thing, offered to teach me the tongue of the Norsemen. She seems a chatty girl, but her Latin sounds very vulgar, so perhaps it’s best to learn to talk to these people in their own language.​

HaroldGodwinsonII.jpg

December 31, 1067
Today, Hjalmar brought me into Veisafjord and showed me around the landing strand. In winter only a fishing ships would set sail. Most other sailors stayed in their home port for the winter, like Hjalmar, and they would make their first trip somewhere in March. Our flight from Watchet was even more special, in that way. Hjalmar told me the difference between Knarr’s and Snekke’s, which were also called longboats. He also told me that most good ships had a long history. Usually, when a new ship was built, it would often use the intact keel of an old ship, and preferably as many usable parts from the owner’s old ship. This saved money, time, and these essential parts had already proven themselves seaworthy.

January 1, 1067
Hjalmar took his sons and some of his men to sea for a traditional New Year trip. This included fishing, swimming in the ice cold sea, and to the best Norse traditions, drinking a lot of mead. He invited me as well, but I politely rejected his offer, and send off Caelin instead. The boy seemed eager to impress Hjalmar’s daughter Helena.​

January 3, 1067
Hjalmar’s ship landed at Veisafjord. The men brought back a dozen firm fish, twice as many empty mead skins, and boastful stories of catching these hands with their bare hands while swimming. Hjalmar also seemed quite pleased with Caelin, and told me during our walk for the day that he might actually not be a bad candidate for his daughter. Had he only be a Norseman, he joked. I must admit it’s hard to accept the differences between Norsemen and Saxons. During our stay, I have never experienced being anything but welcome, but understandably, difference of culture runs very deep.

January 5, 1067
It’s rather warm and sunny for this time of year. During one of my daily walks with Hjalmar Eiriksson, he shows me around on the town’s shipyard. A large longship, a Drakkar – a dragon ship – was in the works, and it is probably the largest ship I have ever seen. It is thirty-two paces long and could accommodate no less than fifty men. Hjalmar told me that this was going to be a brand new ship, without old parts, for the simple fact that no ship of this size has ever been built in Veisafjord. The contact with the artisans actually gave me some opportunity to practice my Norse, as most in Hjalmar’s household speaks Latin to us.​

UlfGodwinson.jpg

January 6, 1067

Today, at the celebration of the Magi, we were surprised by something that’s very rare in these parts; wine. Usually mead or ale is drank here, and the taste of fermented grapes was quite a refreshment

January 9, 1067
The representative from King Dairmait of Laigin returned to Veisafjord again, and this time he insisted to meet the king soon. The king is a patient, but also very old man, he said, and his son and heir Murdaich is a much less tolerant man. Apparently, Murdaich rules over the Norse city of Dublin with an iron fist, and wishes to do so with Veisafjord. I asked the man what the king actually had in mind, what kind of land he wanted to grant the boys, and who was going to govern it during their minority. The messenger said that the king meant to grant them land on the island of Mann, which is inhabited both by Celts and Norsemen, and which was ruled independently under the wing of the king of Laigin. I agreed to meet the king three days from today, and asked Hjalmar to tell me about Mann and this supposedly ruthless king’s heir.​

Enewald - Hehe, no spamming is no good either. I kinda like saying things worthwhile. And admittedly, most of my posts were in OT or the RPG's

stnylan - You're probably right. I'm a lurker :p

Snugglie - Thanks! I'll try to keep it worth reading.

English Patriot - Thanks, I think I'll need all the luck I can get though ;)