• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good idea with the preview pics!

Anyway that is an excellent Saxony and nice job colonizing as well. I'm particularly jealous of your English conquests, something I didn't manage in my German AAR. I wasn't clear with your post whether it was game over or not, but if not doesn't Austria hold some german culture provinces? Maybe it's time for a new alliance?

;)

No i stay with Austria. The alliance is bonded through promises of Rudolf I., Wenzel and the House of Habsburg. I just can't leave it. I just can't. Besides did they most of the fighting jobs against the Romans. I need them. Also for our future plans with Poland. :D

--UPDATE: 1602-1625--

In May 1603, we attacked again the Iroquois because our settlers reported continously about ambushes. We can't tolerate this and so another war against the indians started. We quickly won against the Iroquios and this time, we installed a permanent military presence in their "cities" to make sure they won't be a threat in future. In October, we sent the Second Hussarregiment to the Huron. When we captured their grounds, they offered us again a lot gold for their freedom and we decided again that they could stay free. The price of freedom is some tons of gold. In 1604, our miners could increase the outcome of the mines in Tyrol and we build up a settlement in a central american region we called the golden triangle. Until 1605, the triangle was complete covered with colonies, tradeposts and military outposts. At 27. June 1605, France and Poland agreed to a friendship treaty followed by the marriage of the son of the polish king with the daughter of the french king. No good news for us. Some days later in that year, we spottet a spanish colony not far away from the triangle. We had to meet some protection measures and to hurry up with building up the colonies there. It seems we were faced with a race for the gold of the Aztecs. Meanwhile we got notice from our Conquistador von Baudissin in Northern America. He found more gold in an area inhabited by the Cheyenne tribe. Some month later v. Baudissin was forced to return to the colonies because many of his soldiers became ill. On his way back he fell ill himself. When he and his men arrived at the atlantic coast, he died. His last wish was to see the ocean again, to see in the direction from where he came from. When he was buried, his men, only young men with no officers left, were at odds about their next steps. Finally they decided to go back to the colonies through undiscovered lands. They had a mission to fulfill. They reached anyhow an outpost and told the garrison what they discoverd and what happened. After one day of resting, the local commander took that young boys and let them lead him to one of the discovered indian tribes. So it happened that they attack in summer 1607 the Cherokee for their lust for gold. To their calamity, the Cherokee had no gold. Furious about that, they plundered the "cities" of the indians and many of them fled into the wilderness. Those greedy men aquired unintended a well located place for further colonizing for Saxony. When they came back to the capital of the colonies for their report, the leaders of that unit were arrested and the young boys promoted. It's all about discipline in our army - god damn we are no frenchmen.

In January 1609 we opened a new Tradecenter in Cechy because we had now so much gold and so many goods, that the place in Leipzig was soon overcrowded and overstrained. At 13. May, we gave the first municipal law into the golden triangle. We were good in time. At 23. June 1611, our young Duke and Emperor Christian II. passed away and his brother Johann Georg I. followed him. He forced the pace of the colonization of the golden triangle and in 1614, the cities there were all fortified and their garrisons ready to fight. In March, the Third Hussarregiment under Obrist von der Porte started the invasion. Within a year we captured five provinces and won few battles - mainly because we had to fight only few battles. Their mainforces of around 53.000 soldiers were always running away from a battle. In February, they started to besiege their old capital and von der Porte waited for reinforcements from the triangle. When they arrived, he attacked. 20.000 men against 40.000 men. We won because they had no chance against our war experienced soldiers and our fireweapons. Our advance was only stopped because we had a huge need for fresh reinforcements. Our main enemies were the deserts, the jungle, the clime and the illnesses among the soldiers. One day in June, when von der Porte was on his march through the jungle, he spottet something alarming. A spanish colony with around 5.000 men guarding it. We had reached the southern border of the Aztec Empire. He stopped his army, marched back to the last known aztec province and then eastwards. He ordered more reinforcements because he feared an intervention from the Spaniards and wanted to hurry up with this war. Obrist von Gersdorff, the commanding officer of the Landwehr Corps, joined him and they were now steamrolling the last remaining aztec forces together. At 27. July 1619, Spain declared war on the Aztecs. Too late, we had everything except for one province under our control. With the fall of Yucatan at 23. August 1619, we controlled the whole Aztec Empire and his ruler Cuauhtemoc had no choice but to accept our suzerainty and authority. The lands of the Aztecs belonged from now to Saxony. In fear the Spainiards could dispute our gains, we claimed them as national oversea provinces. With that, we ensured the safety and control for four additional goldmines for Saxony. We were now the leading mining nation worldwide - as far we know the world. You need iron, copper, salt, gold, silver? Then buy it from the saxons.

In December 1619, Johann Georg ordered to attack the Hurons because we needed to built up a presence in that area before Denmark would do it. With the Hurons still weakened from the last war, we managed to capture and secure the Huron lands in no time. For now we had a dominant position in the new world but in Europe there was a stagnancy in the last decades. No one of the big blocs reached anything but our new leader wanted to change that. We attacked together with Austria and Moldavia the Bulgarian Empire and his allies. Johann Georg didn't intend to sent any soldier, his declaration of war was just a formal act to back up and support his fighting allies politically. Bulgaria was soon steamrolled by moldavian and austrian forces and had to cede most of its land to them. As being the alliance leader, the bulgarian leaders offered 92.000 Gulden to end the war with us. 92.000 Gulden for doing nothing. In that year, we had an annual income of 505.000 Gulden - it sunk.

Our economy:

Our political situation:
-again not much changes-

Other alliances:

England-France
Poland-Russia-Denmark
Spain-Cyprus-Brittany
Rome-Ethiopia
Sweden-Hanse

Religions in Europe:

Saxony and the world in 1602:

Last edited:
Excellent :)

I am really enjoying this aar. I have just two question, why are you not coverting the non-Catholics to Catholicism and why are you not taking Luneburg and Jutland?

As for Wuertemberg, it makes your border looks funny. I suggest you take over it via conquest ;)

Thank you. For the questions about the major wars and the two provinces Luneburg and Jutland. They (Hanse) were in a strong alliance and a couple of years in the same with me. The time was just not right in the last couple of years and i wanted to lower my badboy. I had the focus on colonizing and so only limited money for mobilizing troops and making war. For Jutland, i had no interest to declare war for it. But in the next updates, my badboy will rise from 17 up to 90. I think from this level on i shouldn't care about that anymore. It would never sink again below 20 until the end of the game. :D

I wished i could convert some provinces but
a) i get not a single priest per year. I need the technology advance and the colonists more then priests.
b) the success rates in most of my german provinces are only between 30 and 50%
c) 200-500 Gulden for a try is too much

For Württemberg, i wait until i can marry protestant countries. I wanted to diploannex them.

Great progress chefkoch, already surpassing my game as Franconia (see sig) with which this AAR offers reasonable comparison. I too suffered stayed Catholic and couldn't annex Wurtemburg which was the last surviving german minor.

Wara Bana: If i convert i would lose the emperor title and it's now part of the story.

The Swert: Your problem is that Austria is not your friend and you're taking care of your BB value but its quite big for Franconia. Good guys doesn't built empires.

--UPDATE: 1625-1650--

As we were done with the subjugation of the indians, Johann Georg made plans for Europe. Oure relations with the Hanse got worser and worser. Extra taxes were levied, the number of hanseatic ships in saxon harbours was limited. He ignored complaints of their merchants and even locked some of them out in our trading places. In every meeting between the Eldermann of the Hanse and the Emperor was a solution promised but Johann Georg never kept his word. Instead we raised a huge army and Europa stood at the brink of a new war. In January 1627, the soldiers were at their assembly areas and trained for their deployment. Punctual at 5:45 at 01. March, saxon fleets appeared at the harbours of Wismar, Danzig and Königsberg and fired their cannons into the harbours. It was a stunning shock for the Hanse and they lost many good ships and their shipyards were seriously damaged. Their possessions in Brittany, Ireland and Flanders were now without naval protection. Supplies for the garrisons there would never arrive timely to help. At the same time the saxon navy strikes, the army started their attack. 190.312 men subdivided into 18 army corps were marching into the lands of the Hanseatic League. In the afternoon, we got a message from our ambassador in Sweden. Sweden joined the war against us. Johann Georg shrugged just with his shoulders and went on with reading the combat reports from the morning. Victories on every front. The Hanse had nothing to oppose. Only in Wismar they forced us to retreat and to rethink our tactic there.

While we were besieging their provinces and cities and our advance in northern Saxony was interrupted, the Hanse had an opportunity for counterattacks. They marched plundering through Holstein and Schleswig but were no real threat so that we ignored them for now. Flandern was the first province we captured in that war. It fell on 13. Oktober into the hands of Obrist von Neumann, commanding officer of the cuirassiers of Zastrow, an elite corps of the saxon cavalry. We sent him to conquer Calais. In November, we were confronted for the first time in this war with swedish soldiers. They tried to land in Nord-Jylland but with no success. To protect the front in northern Saxony, we sent the First Deutschkorps to Mecklenburg. The First captured Essex and was ordered to stay there to suppress revolts and prevent hanseatic or swedish attacks. Also in November, Artois was taken by the Fourth and we ordered them to calais to assist the siege of von Naumann. In December we captured Pale on Ireland and the general staff and Johann Georg gave green light for a massive attack on Wismar to break the stalemate in northern Saxony. At 05. January 1628, General von und zu Egloffstein marched with 45.546 men of the Second Cuirassier Guard (Zweite Leibkürassiergarde) and the Deutschkorps towards Wismar. At 17. January, the siege of Lüneburg was successful and we captured the province. Obrist Bachenschwanz was ordered to march immediately towards Wismar. Now all regiments of the Second Cuirassier Guard were involved in the attack on Wismar. The soldiers of the Deutschkoprs were the first who arrived Wismar and started the battle at 19. January. When the cavalry arrived, they fell into the flanks of the hanseatic formations and crushed them. Then they rode into the back of the hanseatic soldiers and being almost encircled they decided fled. We splitted the forces again and while a part of them initiated a siege in Wismar, another part hunted the fleeing hanseatic soldiers.

In March, we captured Warmia and Sussex. The war was nearly over except for small skirmishes in northern Germany. The small troops from the Hanse had almost free hand because we had to fight swedish forces in Bremen and surroundings. In April, 12 month after our invasion, we got a message from the Hanse. They offered Lüneburg, Warmia, Pale, Sussex, Essex and Artois for peace but Johann Georg declined. He wanted at least all of Britain. The war continued and we could fend off the swedish troops from our grounds and hunted the small hanseatic armies in northern Saxony and the Lowlands [No, not the ones in Scottland]. We captured Lothian in July and were winning a battle against their last army in western Europe when we got another peaceproposal. They offered now Lüneburg, Warmia, Pale, Sussex, Essex, Artois and Lothian and we accepted now because we were already forced to worsen the quality of our gold to produce more. War is an expensive business.

After the peace treaty was signed, we positioned the Third and the Second Cuirassier Guard near the saxon-hanseatic border. Just in case. Our great Duke turned his attention then again towards expanding the colonies in America. We managed to encircle the british colonies and prevent so further english land-grabs. English fur traders told us that they were getting their furs from french settlers. That was a shock for us. We had no hint that France had established colonies here. We had to find them! The next years were quite peacefully and we developed our economy well. Mines raised their outcome, colonies and trade posts were growing and new legal councils and tax collectors were promoted in Europe. Then in 1633, our southern border guards reported from interesting things within the Roman Empire. A Civil war broke out. Some month later, our spies watched how rebells were fighting against rebells. Our southern neighbour must be decomposed into several factions with different intentions. We decided that this was good for us.

In Oktober 1633, we used the opportunity and ordered most of the border forces into the north and west. We declared war on the Hanse and their ally Sweden and attacked with 198.794 men subdivided into 8 army corps. Our armies had practical no resistance of hostile troops and could initiate the sieges without problems. The Fifth captured Picardie in August 1634. In Oktober 1634, one year after the begin of the war, we launched another big offensive named "Michael." Elite cavalry forces under the command of Bachenschwanz should crush the last remaining hanseatic forces in the north of their territory. In December, we captured the regions of Holland and Danzig. When Pomerelia fell into our hands, we let the troops march towards Kurland (Curonia). The Emperor wanted Kurland and Livland (Livonia) so badly. The lands of the legendary two german knight orders. As a small boy he had heard all of their stories and now he could be part of it through conquering that lands and reestablish the orders. Great men have always great dreams.

In February 1635, the Third managed to capture Königsberg and Ostpreußen [ß = sz = ss] and got the order to attack a small hanseatic army in Podlasie. In June, the Fourth and the First captured Calais and Flanders. The Duke screamed a happily Hoogilidoogili when he heard that. While one Bachenschwanz brother was fighting in Curonia, the other was sieging Wismar and in July he captured the city. One Morning in September appeared a fleet of 131 ships at the horizon. Our soldiers knew we didn't have such a huge fleet and so they left the city. 131 ships, there must be an enormous invasion army aboard. It was not an invasion but an evacuation mission. All the people who hadn't left the city and wanted to, all the left politicians and imprisoned but now ungarded hanseatic soldiers. They all went aboard and the last soldiers enkindled the city. The capital of the Hanse was now Visby/Gotland and Wismar was nothing but a burned ruin. There was no way that we could reach Gotland. We had no fleet. In the next month, we captured Podlasie and Samogitia and when the Hanse offered peace in April, Johann Georg accepted. He was not in the mood to fight any longer. Everywhere were rebels and uprisings. The people were war tired. Wismar, Samogitia, Calais, Picardie and Holland became saxon provinces. At least we captured another trade center.

In the next years, we were busy with pacification and integration of the conquered provinces - not to mention fighting the inflation of 17,5%. In 1637, the Roman Empire decomposed into many sovereign states while other provinces just joined their neighbours. In April, the mayors and the governor of Brescia asked us for protection before the rebels and militias. We agreed and gained a new province. Johann Georg noticed that the Ottoman Empire was involved into several wars and so he decided to join the party. Saxony, Austria and Moldavia declared war on the Turks and captured their last remaining european provinces. It needed only some few month until the Ottomans handed over Rus Halicka to Moldavia and Thrace to Austria. The Ottomans had left Europe. In the next years, we refilled our army corps and watched the war of the hanseatic-swedish alliance. In July 1641, Johann Georg had waited long enough. We declared war on the Hanse without a casus belli. 156.527 saxon soldiers subdivided into 8 army corps were marching into the land of our enemy. In June 1642, The First captured Flanders and in September, we managed to capture Danzig and its surrounding area. Our forces in Kurland shrunk to only around 1.500 men and we gathered reinforcements in Danzig. Before we could set them, our regiment in Kurland was attacked by swedish forces commanded by Stiernhielm near the city of Dyneburg. Our troops, the Großer Kurfürst (Great Elector) Regiment, were commanded by von Flemming and were 1:9 outnumbered. We didn't know what he had done but somehow we won that battle. It should be known as "The wonder of Dyneburg." In January 1643, our troops in America had work again. They were ordered to fight down an uprising of Aztecs. When we captured Ostpreußen, we sent that troops up to Samogitia. The only fightings with Sweden happened in Nord-Jylland but they could never achieve a victory. In September, the Hanse surrendered and gave us Ostpreußen, Flanders and Pomerelia. Two more trade centers for Saxony. The end of the war didn't mean the end of the fighting. We had to face several uprisings and in January 1644 we had to face another rebellion by lutheran heretics. When we fight them down, we offered them freedom in the new world. Most of the unhappy lutherans emigrated to Massachusetts. To strengthen catholocism again in Europe, Johann Georg ordered to build a gigantic cathedral in our capital Leipzig. In 1650, Johann Georg had an Empire, his forefathers had never dreamed of and he has still dreams.

Our political situation:

Other alliances:

France-England-Napoli-Ragusa-Albania
Spain-Brittany-Cyprus
Sweden-Hanse
Denmark-Poland-Russia
Greece-Morocco-Tripoli-Hedjaz-Aden
Ottoman Empire-Vijayanagar
Rome-Ethiopia
Georgia-Knights of St. John

Saxony and the world in 1650:

European trade:

Religions in Europe:

Our economy and other stats:

Thanks to roman efficiency, Brescia has by far the highest taxation income. Our Coreprovince Meissen has the highest production income and our capital Leipzig the highest menpower. We have among the developed european countries the highest inflation. Our infrastructure level is far far below the leader in that category, the trade level is okay. Our landtech level is the overall best - we have the most modern army but we can't match with the navies from England or the Hanse. We have not enough ships and a too bad navaltech level.

Last edited:
...and action

--UPDATE: 1650-1675--

At 01. January 1650, we promoted August, the Younger, related with the royal family, to the new head of the general staff. The first public signal that Johann-Georg planned something big. In March, he tightened the relationships to Moldavia. During the whole year, he reinforced the army but stationed the troops only in the heartland of Saxony. No one should be aware about the real strength of our forces. In August, we heard rumours that Poland wouldn't repay a credit we gave them. Johann-Georg sent troops to Poznan and in October, the rumour became true. Poland didn't pay back their lend money back but instead beeing furios about that, our Kurfürst just smiled. He sent letters to Austria and Moldavia and ordered our troops to march towards the saxon-polish border. When we got message that every men was in position, Johann-Georg declared war on Poland. Russia and Denmark joined on Polands side and Austria and Moldavia on our side. We had 109.229 men and one royal leader for that war and our main enemy more then 125.000 men and three leaders. A nice challenge. The First and the Third should invade Poland from the north. The Second and the Fifth should strike from the west and fight against and bound the hostile main forces. The First Hussarregiment was ordered to capture Midt-Jylland. The first battle happened in Oppeln where the polish leader Potocki attacked the army of August and was defeated. Our troops began the invasion after that victory. Except for the Second in Kalisz had we no resistance and so the first sieges were established.

We lost the Battle in Kalisz but the polish army had more losses (10.000 dead saxons : 11.000 dead polish soldiers). The Second retreated back to Poznan and August was attacked by a polish relief army. At 08. April, we could kill one of the polish leaders and annihilate his complete army. Their next both tries to help their city were also disasters for them. While getting one defeat after another on homey grounds, a polish army came back to Oppeln and attacked an unit of recruits there and afterwards they initiated a siege. At the same time tried Denmark to get a feet an Ireland - without success. In August, we had our first battle against russian troops ever in Oppeln and we won. Some days after that victory, we won against the polish troops in Oppeln and with that, the province was secured. As Poland sent his troops in Podcarpacie away to attack austrian forces, we take that opportunity and marched towards Podcarpacie. Our main threat were now the big russian army which was besieging Rus Halicka. In August 1651, they stopped the siege of moldavian territory and marched toward our position in Podcarpacie. They arrived at 01. October and the battle started. The battle lasts three weeks and ended with a saxon victory. It was a pyrric victory to be honest. The Second lost 2/3 of their men and 2/5 of their cannons. It was no wonder that they lost against another russian attack one month later. At 15. December acceptet Moldavia peace with Poland and lost a province (Rus Halicka) to them. Four days later, we captured Midt-Jylland from Denmark. With the new year, we got upper hand over Denmark in the northern american war theater through shipping in some troops. In February, we could capture Mazowse and Malopolska from Poland.

In March, Poland offered four provinces for peace but we declined. We enforced in April a spring offensive in which we won various battles. We captured Wilna in May and we were able to initiate three new sieges - in Kalisz, Minsk and Lublin. In the middle of June could Bachenschwanz, one of the heros in the war against the Hanse, break the danish siege in Pale and followed the escaping danish army to Connaught. Also in north america was the danish army crushed. In August, Poland offered again peace but we declined again. We wanted more. The spring offensive was a full success but we paid a price for it. Rebels in all over the country protested against the mobilizations and demanded the end of the war. Poland started a siege in Mazowsze in August and russian soldiers were arriving in Poland in big numbers. At 23. September, we captured the polish capital and marched towards Mazowsze. Fighting the rebels had no priority. Fighting the russians was no option.

We tried two times to break the polish siege in Mazowsze but we lost both battles. With that, we had at the end of the year no troops for fighting operations in Poland available. In February 1553, the russians attacked our resting troops in Ostpreußen but we managed to defeat them. We then tried to avoid fights with the russians and focussed on defending what we reached. We had almost no money and only few troops compared to the enemy. Afterwards August II. captured Lublin in July, he marched toward Luck. In August, we captured Denmarks last province in the heart of America and their men were fleeing towards the coast. In September, we captured finally Kalisz with the help of austrian troops and tried a desperate attack on Warsaw to break the polish siege. 14.000 saxon soldiers against 38.000 polish soldiers. We lost the battle in October but shortly after that, Poland offered a peace that we accepted. We weren't able to fight any longer without losing everything we conquered. We got four provinces and Austria two. Poland paid in addition 18.000 Gulden to Saxony and Austria. The war was over but the fights continued. General Field Marshal Augustus had to end the rebellions and to suppress further uprisings.

18.01.51 Battle in Oppeln won against Poland
29.01. Battle in Midt-Jylland won against Denmark
26.02. Battle in Wilna + Malopolska won against Poland
27.02. Battle in Maszowse won against Poland
04.03. Battle in Iceland won against Denmark

04.03. Battle in Kalisz lost against Poland
08.04. Battle in Malopolska won against Poland - polish general killed by August II.
22.04. Battle in Malopolska won against Poland
03.05. Battle in Malopolska won against Poland

08.05. Battle in Oppeln lost against Poland
16.05. Battle in Ulster won against Denmark
12.08. Battle in Ulster won against Denmark
29.08. Battle in Oppeln won against Poland and Russia
02.09. Battle in Oppeln won against Poland
27.10. Battle in Podkarpacie won against Russia

14.11. Battle in Kalisz lost against Poland
27.11. Battle in Podkarpacie lost against Russia

05.03.52 Battle in Pale won against Denmark
17.03. Battle in Oppeln lost against Russia
22.03. Battle in Warsaw won against Poland
28.05. Battle in Lublin won against Poland
04.06. Battle in Kalisz won against Poland
17.06. Battle in Pale won against Denmark
23.06. Battle in Minsk won against Russia
21.07. Battle in Warmia won against Russia zusammen mit austria
24.06. Battle in Kwedech won against Denmark
05.09. Battle in Kalisz won against Poland

22.09. Battle in Island lost against Denmark
15.10. Battle in Mazowsze lost against Russia
15.10. Battle in Mazowsze lost against Poland
06.11. Battle in Mazowsze lost against Russia
06.11. Battle in Mazowsze lost against Poland

10.12. Battle in Pale won against Denmark

03.02.53 Battle in Ostpreussen won against Russia
03.02. Battle in Pale won against Denmark
06.03. Battle in Ulster won against Denmark
23.05. Battle in Kwedech won against Denmark
07.09. Battle in Luck won against Poland
14.09. Battle in Ulster won against Denmark

12.10. Battle in Pale lost against Denmark
23.10. Battle in Warsaw lost against Poland

06.11. Battle in Connaught won against Denmark

In summer of 1654, we had to face another wave of rebellions in Saxony. The war ended just right in time. The fight against the rebells distorted Johann Georgs flame of live and energy. He died in October 1556 and his son Johann Georg II. followed him on throne. He was very well educated on almost every field a monarch and leader needs. Under his rule were the last rebellions crushed in September 1657. Six years of fighting were over. In 1659, we agreed to the Edict of Tolerance and so the religious freedom was guaranteed by another treaty. In the same year, we claimed the region of the South Lakes as national provinces. After the Edict of Tolerance was signed, we started to improve our relationships with Württemberg. It was truly expensive but our diplomats arranged mariages between our countries and Württemberg joined our alliance with Austria and Moldavia. In February 1661, they became our vassal. We had finally reached our goal. In February 1661, the Roman Empire declares war on us and all of our allies came to our help. The romans invaded our alp region with 225.000 soldiers and we couldn't do anything but running away and watch the scene. Luckily Austria captured a roman province and so we had a pawn to ask for a white peace. The war ended in September. After that defeat, we could convince Verona that joining our alliance is the best security before the Roman Empire. In July 1663, we made them a vassal of us for better what allowed us a better coordination and improving of their army.

14.03.61 Battle in Aquleia lost
02.07. Battle in Bern won

In September 1663, we started another exploring mission into the still unknown inland of north america. In September 1664, we claimed a region named Carolina as national province. One year later, in September 1665, died our military leader Augustus. In October 1666, Rome declared again war on us and our whole alliance joined in. We avoided every battle in the alps and had only some victories in Britain. It was again Austria that helped us to make a white peace in August 1667. We are still no match for the Roman Empire. Till September 1668, our expedition discovered and cartographed the whole south of north america and they sent us a message that they were now heading for the north.

While Rome was in another war with France, we decided to use their distraction to gain some new land for us. We have chosen Poland as victim because they were already at war with the Hanse and Sweden. The perfect time for us to strike. At 25. September 1669, we declared with our whole alliance war on Poland.
In Midt-Jylland was a siege easy initiated and our only battles in 1669 were at 02. November against Poland and at 11. November against Russia. We won both - Helau!
As the new head of the general staff was General Schönfeld promoted in January 1670. This war was too spontaneous. In January, we won a battle against a polish relief army in Minsk and captured that province in March. The next aim was Mstislav. What a name, we had to rename the region after the war. Jylland was taken in June and Mstislav in August with the help of Württemberg. We also captured the polish capital Warsaw in August and promoted the commanding officer of the Third von Röbel. He had fend off four polish relief armies and maintain his siege. The luck didn't stay with von Röbel and he lost the next battle in Lublin in October. In November, he tried it again with austrian support and won this time and started a siege. At the end of the year, we captured the danish province in america without any fighting. It seems Denmark is distracted somehow. Sweden did a good job. At January 1671, we won against a polish relief army in Lublin and Austria captured the province in April. Steiner, Ramsberg and Montecuccoli were the austrian leaders who helped us in Lublin to enforce the decision against Poland.

In April and May, the russians tried to expell us from Minsk but they couldn't break our siege. The war went well but suddenly Austria made peace with Poland and paid 75.000 Gulden. Hell why? We had no time to question that. Luck was taken in August and a siege in Zhitomer was initiated. At 07. October, the doublebattle of Podkarpacie and Kamieniec happened and we won in both places. We had now sieges in Podkarpacie, Kamieniec, Sjaelland and Zhitomir while Poland and Russia tried to liberate Minsk and to defend Braclav. We thought we have broken Polands resistance but they taught us a lesson in Lublin in November and defeated us there. When we captured Zhitomir in November, we marched towards Braclav. After the victory was a siege initiated. In June 1672, we came back to Lublin, won against the polish forces and initiated a new siege. Sjealland was also taken in June and we decided us for a invasion in Scandinavia. A premiere for our army and navy. Braclav was captured one month later. When the saxon soldiers established a siege in Halland, Denmark offered a generous peace and we accepted. Now we owned all of Jylland. Suddenly in September 1672, Rome declared war on us again and all allies but Verona joined us. We had a total understanding for Verona because we were not able to fight in the south while being at war with Poland and Russia. In November, we captured Podkarpacie and rushed our troops to Kamieniec. We had to hurry to end this war against Poland. In January and March 1673, we won two battles against Rome in Aquileia but russian troops defeated again our siege in Lublin in February. In March and April, Russia was successful in Zhitomir and Minsk and started sieges to liberate that provinces. This was good for us because it was winter and everything that stopped the russian advance was welcome. We needed time to finish our own sieges. In May, we defended our siege in Kamieniec but lost in June in Aquileia against Rome. Austria managed again to capture a roman province and we could offer again a white peace which was accepted in June. After a victory against Russia in Minsk in July, Russia also accepted a white peace because we won more battles then them and the winter and the ongoing sieges of them were eating their armies. Poland was alone and that sealed their fate. In August, Verona joined again our alliance.

The battle in Minsk was the last one in this war. We ordered our troops to capture the remaining polish provinces and with the help of three austrian leaders, General Schönfeld could finally capture Lublin in Semptember 1674. The hardest price in this war. When we were controlling every polish province, the King of Poland had no choice but to accept our demands. Poland had to give up every of its provinces to Saxony except Rus Halicka that went to Moldavia. Fearing the roman threat, Verona accepted their annexation through us and in November, we annexed Württemberg and claimed another region in north america as national province. In December, Moldavia became a vassal of Saxony and in January we promoted a new General. That was a very succesful autumn. Diplomatic some huge steps were done and the organisation of our army was splitted into the South Command commanded by General Toppauer and an East Command commanded by General Schönfeld. Wars against Russia and against Rome were extremely though but the imagination of an alliance between both were terrible. We had to expect something like that and made preparations for that case - the worst case.

15.10.69 Battle in Midt-Jylland won against Denmark
02.11. Battle in Podkarpice won against Poland
11.11. Battle in Minsk won against Russia

20.01.70 Battle in Minsk won against Poland
18.04. Battle in Warszaw won against Poland
11.05. Battle in Warszaw won against Poland
20.07. Battle in Warszaw won against Poland
10.08. Battle in Warszaw won against Poland
27.08. Battle in Malopolska won against Poland

10.10. Battle in Lublin lost against Poland
01.11. Battle in Zhitomir won against Russia
19.11. Battle in Lublin won against Poland

10.01.71 Battle in Lublin won against Poland
25.01. Battle in Luck won against Poland
05.04. Battle in Minsk won against Russia
10.04. Battle in Minsk won against Russia
06.05. Battle in Minsk won against Russia
15.05. Battle in Gaidhealtachd won against Denmark
07.10. Doublebattle in Podkarpacie & Kamieniec won against Poland

06.11. Battle in Lublin lost against Poland
08.12. Battle in Braclav won against Poland

17.06.72 Battle in Lublin won against Russia

25.06. Battle in Halland lost against Denmark

17.01.73 Battle in Aquileia won against Rome
05.02. Battle in Lublin lost against Russia
10.03. Battle in Aquileia won against Rome
12.03. Battle in Zhitomir lost against Russia
20.04. Battle in Minsk lost against Russia

09.05. Battle in Kamieniec won against Russia
02.06. Battle in Aquileia lost against Rome
19.07. Battle in Minsk won against Russia

Saxony and the world in 1675:

===================
See the badboy value in the last pic: 67,4/50 :cool:

--UPDATE: 1675-1700--

The Elector and his government went back to the all day business which means meeting representants of other states, attending at balls, improving the economy, rearmament of the army and colonisation of the new world. In September 1675 died the leader of our current expedition which was a big shock and backlash for us. The expedition corps was ordered to stay in the borderlands and wait for their new leader. We sent them the son of their last commanding officer to lead them. In February 1676 could the expedition continue their work and traveld back into the unknown lands. The next month were as expected quite successful. We had an exceptional economic year and we expanded the colonies which led to the claim of a new national province calles Illinois. In September 1677 discovered our expedition in south america a new nation and new gold deposits. When we got the message of the discoveries, we mobilized immediately a army among the mexican people. Before they were ready for action, we created a new monopoly company for the fur treade in December 1677. In May 1677, when the first detachment of the new army arrived at the border of the oinca land, we declared war on them and invaded their lands. While fighting in the south, the colonies in the north were unaffected by the warin the soputh und their development continued fast. The attrition among the soldiers were high and so we were forced to recruit continuously soldiers in mexico. The general staff talked about this problem and they came to the conclusion that the lack of experienced officers cause most of the losses. General von Merseburg was promoted to a Brigadier General and ordered to lead the war in south america.

The wars was not only longer then the war againts the Aztecs, it was much tougher. While the Aztecs gathered all their troops for one large battle, attacked the Inca permanently our support lines. Barely after we captured a province and pushed along for the next one, the Inca came back and took the province back. The war was an endless cat and mouse game, a steady back and forth which costs us thousands of lives. The corps of our Conquistador was a big help in this war. They trained the young recruits as well as the older soldiers from Europe. He taught them how to survive in unknown wild lands, how to make maps, how to find food etc. The knowledge of the Conquistador and his unit was now basic knowledge of our fighting troops. Every soldier was now able to explore unknown lands. A huge advantage in this and future wars.
At 22. August 1680 died our Kurfürst Johann-Georg II. and his son Johann-Georg III. followed him. He continued the work of his father without to much changes. A small fleet was built in 1680 to support the emigration in the colonies. When we had conquered almost the whole Inca Empire, the Roman Empire declared in Oktober 1683 war on us and our allies. Two month later, the Inca surrendered and we annexed them. Johann-Georg claimed all of their land and with that the gold deposits as possessions of Saxony. Saxony was now the richest country in the world. The war in Europe went bad for us and we were forced to plead for peace which was accepted in May 1684. Johann-Georg was beside himself with rage. "Is Saxony only able to defeat a bunch of natives but no developed country?" The generals tried to accuse that the Romans had just too many men in northern italy while our troops were strayed all over the world. The Elector sights at their excuses and left the room. Rome was a threat we still couldn't handle with.

In January 1685, we negotiated with the lords of Moldavia and Johann-Georg could convince them that it would be better for Moldavia to be a part of Saxony instead a independent nation. In February, we promoted some new legal counsils and raised new troops. Benefited by our economic wealth, our scientists and doctors made huge progresses and so the saxon people would live longer and healthier. In February 1688, we got a very bad message from our expedition corps in south america. Our Conquistador died through an ambush by natives. His comrades buried him and continued their mission. Being old and bedridden, Johann-Georg was not able to foster his diplomatic and social responsibilities and so it was no wonder that Saxony was soon diplomatic outrivaled and we were surrounded by a roman-russian-chinese alliance. The worst case happened and our leader took his last breaths. His two sons were at the odds with eachother and not able to lead the country. An unacceptable situation. The chief of the general staff, General Toppauer snaped the power from the old men and gave now the orders and he ordered to attack the Cherokee to get new land for the emigrating peole. While August, the younger son of the Duke and Emperor supported Toppauer was the oldest son of the Elector against Toppauer and his policy. At 12. September 1691 Johann-Georg died and his oldest son followed him as Johann-Georg IV. Some month after he climbed the throne had the still powerful and influential General Toppauer an 'accident.' With that was the dispute between general staff and civil administration not solved. In the following 2 years was Saxony benumbed by intrigues and conspiracies which culminates in the murder of Johann-Georg in April 1694. The next Kürfürst was August, der Starke (the strong), brother of Johann-Georg IV. and son of Johann-Georg III. August was always the favourite candidate by the general staff to lead the nation and so no one was wondered when the intrigues stopped with August on the throne but new rumours about August emerged...
With August came a new drive into the duchy. He founded new trading companies, modernised the army, send more settlers to America, installed more and more legal councils to harden his power. In 1696 died the King of Poland and August was one of the three candidates for the next election. August doesn't hesitate and let the son of the last king arrest. His other rival, a french noblemen, was elected to be the next King of Poland by one group of electors and August was elected by another smaller group of electors. August raised an army and marched towards Poland. He arrived before his rival, let himself crown and so his rival had the choice to claim the title and initiate a civil war or to go without anything. He went away and August was the undisputed King of Poland. His first decision was to finally cancel the Polish-Lithuanian Commenwealth and to degrade the Kingdom of Poland to the Duchy of Warsaw because Poland was nothing more then the city of Warsaw and its surrendings. With that, we got holding of the polish maps of Asia. Another new world opened up to us. In 1697, August prepared a new expedition and sent them to Africa. When the Hanse imposed a new trade embargo against us in January 1699 was August forced to act. He built some fortresses in all regions of Saxony and raised new troops...

European trade:

Our political situation:

Other alliances:

Saxony-Austria-Poland
Rome-Russia-China-Armenia
Spain-Hanse-Denmark-Ragusa
France-England-Napoli
Morocco-Hedjaz-Bengal-Baluchistan-Jaunpur
Georgia-Nubia

Saxony and the world in 1675:

Chefkoch, that is the largest Saxony i've ever seen! :D
To bad you are not a computer, else you could post your pics in the "largest ai nation"thread.

edit: btw, what country is in Portugal? :wacko:

edit: that must be Hanze :eek:o

btw, just reread your first posts & pics; how did you get visible units in Brandenburg?

Last edited:
So, i passed my exams and i will write next weekend an update.

Wari Bana said:
how did you get visible units in Brandenburg?

Ehm, what did you mean? :confused:

//
Ah, just read about your problem in the watkabaoi-thread. I never had that problem with invisible armies from Brandenburg. You just need a graphic pack but don't ask me which one.

Last edited:
Oh, this was some time ago :O Hope someones still looking here.
Which WATKABOI version were you using for this?