• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vyshan

Retired Kaiserreich Developer
84 Badges
Mar 30, 2011
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Empire of Sin
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Hello and Welcome to this AAR on my Custom species, the Raksasa. The AAR will take the form of a Narrative story with different chapters being done mostly in a third person limited view with a rotating cast of characters. Some characters will be in for just a single chapter, though many will be around for mutiple chapters. The general rule is also that each character will follow their traits both in story and for the most part in gameplay as well.

I will be using my own language list for this play through as well. If there are any words in the story or in the game that need clarifying I will do so; such as the fact Zeskova means empire. Though largely it will be in english because the Raksasan language is just a naming language.

This is obviously my first AAR of Stellaris. I have done a few AARs in the past, but I hope you enjoy the game and the AAR along with me.
Setup
1000 Star Galaxy
4 Arm spiral Galaxy
30 starting empires
5 advanced ai starts
hard difficulty
Enlightened Monanarchy Government
Collectivist, Pacifist, Xenophile Ethos
Weak, Talented, Communal Traits

Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - To the Stars

Extras
Biology

Last edited:
Biology

This is an out of character post, mostly just to give everyone a basic understanding of the Biology of the Raksasa.

Physical Characteristics
As a reptilian species, they are covered in scales. They tend to be brightly colored in the youth and as they age, the color in the Raksasan's scales fades from vibrant colors to dull. They average color of the Raksasa scales are green. However, as it is not uncommon at all to have patterns in their scales, one can find other colors in the scales of the Raksasa from white, black, and blue as a secondary scales; but Green is the dominate color of the scales. Like all Reptilians they do shed their scales at a regular period, most commonly during puberty but they do shed their scales throughout their life.

Raksasa are a tall species, with the average Raksasa being around 7 feet tall or 2.1336 meters tall. They have medium size tail. In general men tend towards being larger than females. Where the average female might be 6.9 meters tall(2.10312 meters), the average male is about 7.1 meters(2.16408 meters).

Similar to other lizards, they lack ears, but they have evolved to small holes on the side of their head for hearing. Similar to other lizards they have a forked tongue which they can use to sense chemicals in a tropotaxis manner; though they do use their nostrils for smelling.

They are an ectothermic species, similar to most reptiles. Thus they rely on heat for energy. In the past many relied on the sun for their energy, basking in the sun for energy. Of course with the advancement of technology most houses have hot rooms for such a purpose.

Reproduction
The Raksasa reproduce sexually and give birth via Eggs. They are able to reproduce at any time of the year. The average amount of eggs a female lays at once is around 3. On average, a clutch of eggs will have 2 or 3 females for every one male. there is a small period of about a week to a week and a half, where the female holds her eggs inside her before she can lay them. After laying the eggs they take about 8 months.

They need to be kept warm and incubated during this time. While in the modern day there are many inventions to help out this, many Raksasan parents(both the mother and father) like to be around the eggs even in the modern day, especially during the last three weeks before they hatch.

Diet
They are largely omnivorous and as such can eat nearly anything. from fruits, vegetables, grains, to birds, worms, other reptiles, fish and more. Though different regions of the empire have different opinions as to what cuisine is the best. They do tend towards eating other creatures though that isn’t true for everywhere in the empire.

Chapter 1 - To the Stars

Nazana Natavan stood at the space station that was orbiting Varanska the homeworld of the Raksasan Empire. She smiled as she watched the star ship Cusokov come into view. For she was chosen to be the captain of the first Star ship to not only Survey the star system Valiska, but also travel beyond the stars. This was the whole reason she took the imperial exams and get the Krazakon; to travel the stars. That was her life's passion and goals, and her she was waiting for the Cusokov to dock with the space station.

As she awaited, a squadron of royal guards approached Nazana. Nazana immediately and instinctively bowed before the two figures that were flanked by the guards.
"Your imperial Majesty and your Imperial highness, you honor me with your presence."
"This is one of the most momentous days in the empire. We would not wish to miss the maiden voyage. You have one of the highest honors bestowed upon you." Spoke Empress Tarraska as she laid her hand on Natavan's shoulder.
"I promise that I shall live up to this honor, Your Majesty." Replied Nazana flicking out her tongue in a gesture of respect. The intercom came on, announcing that the Cusokov is ready for its voyage.
"I wish you luck among the stars, Captain Natavan." Spoke the younger woman to the side of the empress.
"Thank you, your highness." Nazana said as she head off to take command.

A few months later

The CIC scanner was picking something up strange moving around the gas giant Teresheka. A creature that no one was sure of was noticed.
"is it hostile?" replied one ensign dressed in the light grey uniforms of the ensign.
"No. They seem rather docile." replied ensign Valis Arzlan.
"Get a read on the creature" spoke captain Nazana as she looked on the CIC. a light flick of the tongues came from the ensigns as they went to work on discovering what the creature is.

A day or two later
Here is the information on these creatures, Captain, replied ensign Arzlan
"The creatures are Gas Grazers, similar to the Vanok back on Varanska. Though these creatures graze on the Gases of Gas Giants, though I doubt that is only source of nutrients. They seem to be passive creatures. How they travel is unknown. We are unsure what to call them though. I prefer the term Tiyanki though."
"I will leave that up to the head of the xenobiology department, but good work ensign." Captain Nazana said.

A couple months later around the moon of Fuzkavask of the Gas Giant Rakasova

In the center of the CIC of the Cusokov; something popped up on the center screen.
"Captain, the sensors picked up something interesting on the moon of Fuzkavask. we are not exactly sure what it is." spoke one of the ensigns who was working at the terminal.
"Give me the details, ensign Arzla" Nazana replied as she looked up from the report that she was preparing to give to the Zeskovask Karzada, the imperial Senate, of the system survey.
"It looks to be some sort of ancient star ship. Permission to investigate?" The ensign said in return.
"Permission, granted." Nazana said.

A few days later
Ensign Arzla came back and inclined her head with a light flick of her tongue.
"Here is the report on the ancient Star Ship. It is a primitive star ship several thousand years old. The hull of the ship has been damaged by meters. However, we have been able to salvage some schematics from the star ship that might prove useful for the empire but I do not know how they can be. "
"Thank you for the report. These schematics we can use to help with some engineering improvements. I shall make sure that your findings are mentioned into the report to the Karzada."
"Thank you. I do hope that it was useful. What is the orders for us, now?"
"The report shall be transmitted to the Karzada then we shall head to Rukimar system. We shall go beyond our own star." Said Nazana with a smile.

A few days later the Cusokov head towards the edge of the solar system as the engines jumped to warp. Traveling for the first time in Raksasan History, to leave their own stellar system.

Neat. I like the tongue-flicking-as-gesture-of-respect stuff. The weird little alien things like that are always good for flavour.