• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaelon

Recruit
42 Badges
Sep 18, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Hi there, Everyone,

I'm hoping you guys can share your tips/tricks. I like the King Rat scenario and "The Royal Feat" (Dragon) scenario because they both start out pretty hard and rough at the very beginning. I was able to tower my way out of the King Rat scenario to build up my kingdom. However, I seem to be stuck getting the Royal Feat underway.

What build-order, positioning, and overall strategy do you recommend? The Dragon keeps destroying buildings pretty aggressively, and I can't really advance without him taking out major infrastructure. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Well, dragon can be tricky. First - DO NOT build vital structures (marketplace!) on the north side of your city. Second - you need to build something sturdy with lots of HP. When the dragon will come it should take interest in it and leave other buildings alone. I prefer towers. Place guardhouse (lvl 2 guardhouse CAN survive) and keep rebuilding it (remember to not build too many guardhouses so you won't go bankrupt) until you will be able to build dwarven tower (that one should survive with no problems).
Third - dragon. When you will do a witch's quest you will have to actually kill dragon. Forget about Rat King - winged lizard is way more diffilcut. When you will destroy its lair it will go directly to your castle.
It has nasty area attacks (you should know them) which will wash away your rogues, and those clerics and mages stupid enough to stand too close. Your best bet are warriors and dwarfs. Elves suck in Majesty 2 so do not even bother. Some strong Lord (I had 15 level Barbarian) are handy too.
And - when preparing to the final battle with dragon build towers across the city. Fight is long, and you do not want your city destroyed by random mobs, don't you?

In my game I built everything south. The dragon kept attacking my Palace but he always got bored before he could do any serious damage. A standard cleric+warrior combo later expanded to all heroes and turrets by every sewer grate did the trick for me.

(Eventually I did expand up north, but the dragon focused on a single tower and never managed to destroy it.)

If you tech to dwarves, building their guild or some of their towers north will solve all your Rafnir problems. The Dwarven fort is darn near impenetrable to most enemies in the game, and the towers can survive his attacks while drawing his attention from the more important things.

That said, build all your buildings sound of the palace, when the Dragon comes he will attack three times and leave. Three attacks into your palace or some peasant hovels is a lot less expensive that him burning down the market.

When it comes to beating him in person, dwarves are also your best bet since they are pretty much immune to his fire breath.

I found that as time goes by the dragon usually focuses on one building, if you build buildings south first and see he goes after for example the warrior's guild everytime, I found it pretty safe to start building up north of the palace, he'll just fly by those buildings and go for his focused one. Just make sure he don't destroy it else he could go for anything.

Build straight down south for a good while, wait until you have maybe 6 lvl 15 warriors or so before you even start to make northern objectives. I beat it in one try, I habitually build south :D . He, like many creatures, loves to kill guards and your blacksmith, so build your blacksmith far south and build your towers in areas where he needs to go around something large, like your palace. Stuff will get broke, but he eventually becomes just another nuisance.

How do you overcome the swarms of serpents?

By the time I can build even one Rogues Guild, there are 10 serpents on the map. The serpents, instakill the rogues, and insta-destroy the rogues guild.

Same with Clerics guild, and same with Hall of Heroes.

I gave up trying to build the Warriors - the dragon seems to head straight for it , ignoring the castle to destroy it mid-build.

This is because the build time ratio was changed in 1.5 I believe. You could build a guild in 1 day in vanilla Majesty (1.0 - 1.3). Now it takes 3 days to build a guild, but the spawn times are still the same old spawn times. Try my patch, on the user modifications section, I make build times more what they were before. This should make your life much easier.

Thanks for the reply!

I carried out a different fix - the fix which involves changing the screen refresh rate by using the video driver manager software to set a half-rate on the Vsynch setting.

(I have an Nvidia card, so I opened
Windows taskbar
=> Nvidia Control Panel (v8.1.970.0)
==> 3D Settings
===> Manage 3D Setttings
====> choose the Program Settings tab
=====> Select Majesty 2 in section 1
======> Vertical Synch
========> Set it to "Adaptive (half screen refresh rate)"

Then, in Majesty 2, Options, Video tab click on the little 'Vsynch" checkbox so the chunky "V" shows in the checkbox

After that, I got past the dragons and the rat-king. :)

I'll start a new thread for my next issue!