• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DippyNikki

Recruit
Nov 22, 2017
Any musicians out there been able to play the sheet music?

Any chance we can have a listen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-223654__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-223654__01.jpg
    233,7 KB · Views: 389
If it helps: The instrumental line up is a classic 'American Big Band'. Everyone's there, the saxes, trumpets, trombones, keys, bass and drums. It's fast, in a swing style, I'm guessing it's going to be a 1920s-1930s sort of thing. The trombones are punchy and they're accenting the off-beat after the saxes do their soft "dun dun da da-dun" thing.

The vocal range looks like it's an Alto singer, so a jazzy tune with a swing beat, and a lower female voice. Db major key from a first glance.

I wish I could upload something ...

What sort of grand strategy would have big band jazz music as its first clue? Could we really be getting Vicky 3? Or is it an espionage grand strategy? Maybe Cold War?

Jazz sounds like evil genius?
Or maybe a civil political game about the 20s?

Yeah, a game based in the Gilded Age of the 1920s would be one hell of a game! The post-war American success story and the great depression, the first stirrings of anti-colonial sentiment, the political upheavals in Europe, the rise of Japanese aggression, setting the stage for the rise of totalitarian governments and sentiment.

I'm hanging out for the next clue to give this one context.

So, big band jazz confirmed? WWII, noir, pulp, ....
- A WWII tactical game like Commandos?
- A mafia game?
- A Cthulhu mythos game?
- A Conan game?
- A vintage sci-fi game (John Carter of Mars)?

So, big band jazz confirmed? WWII, noir, pulp, ....
- A WWII tactical game like Commandos?
- A mafia game?
- A Cthulhu mythos game?
- A Conan game?
- A vintage sci-fi game (John Carter of Mars)?

X-COM like Cthulhu game. With the narrator of Darkest Dungeon.

To me that coffee stain means something. Not gòing to be fantasy genre with coffee.
I've read/watched too many things in the fantasy genre with coffee to find that believable.

I doubt it is fantasy, but certainly not because of a coffee stain.

great war would be so awesome... im suspecting something of a stand on its own minimod of hoi.

Edit... oh teasing us the whole way into e3 which is like 3 months away. Right. Not a mini at all then. Fullblown game coming. Still great war tho.

Last edited: