• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pietro.cavalli

Second Lieutenant
54 Badges
Oct 16, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Last Dev Diary can be read here

Hi everyone! It's me @pietro.cavalli again, here to bring you some more news on Medieval Arts.

Vitruvius
has released just a few days ago but since I had a bit of free time I've begun work already on the next update. Take everything written below with a grain of salt, priorities may change and mechanics too, but yeah, this is pretty much what I'll be working on in the next weeks:

A World's Desire
So first of all, what will the next update be about?
One mechanic that I've been wanting to rework for a while is Dynasty Legacies. If you'll remember there used to be three legacies once in Medieval Arts, one for Christians, another for Muslims and another for the Eastern faiths, but I removed them a while ago. The good intentions were there don't get me wrong, but they were a bit broken and lacked flavour. Since then I've been thinking about how to implement them again more effectively and fun.
A World's Desire (WIP) will do just that. Through the Dynasty Legacies system you will be able to sponsor and oversee, over many generations, the construction of a grandiose capital, monument to the renown of your dynasty.

Decisions & Events
Your capital province will grow through several decisions and events unlocked one by one by the perks of the above Dynasty Legacy. Decisions and events will come back with the next update better and more efficient than ever, and they will be enormously important. Through them you will be able to shape your capital county into the greatest and most developed on earth.

Byzantine Flavour
Alongside the mechanics for your capital roughly described above, which will be available to everyone, the Byzantine cultures will also get a lot more flavour in the form of unique decisions, art, events and much more. One example of this flavour I've already finished, the model of the city behind the name of the update. I'll leave it here below to hear some opinions.

CK3 Constantinople GIF.gif

The City of the World's Desire
(do note it is still WIP)

Have a great weekend : )​

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hi!
First of all, thanks for your hard work and awesome mod!
Constantinople looks great, really.
Do you plan to give some love to the most important city for Middle Ages crusaders - Jerusalem?
3D models for The Third Temple / Dome of the Rock would be sublime.
Thanks for the comment! Jerusalem is absolutely high on the list and I'd love to make a model for both the Third Temple, the Dome of the Rock as well as the Holy Sepulchre. I can say it will not happen in this update however, it will be part of another I am preparing that will be centred on pilgrimages.

• 1Like
Reactions: