• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Empire of Ming

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jan 2, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Good morning to everyone present, I am Empire of Ming and I am proud to present you my first AAR. The Rise of the Danes : An extended timeline mod for eu4
This is my first games for extended timeline and would like if the viewers suggest some mistakes I make in game and suggest methods to rectify it.
I started this game at 2 AD as the Heruli -a Barbarian tribe in Scandinavia bordered by the Jutes in the west and other nations in its southern borders.
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/199/05iZpA.png
I hope this AAR is enjoyable to all.
Act 1
The Seer
Prolouge
It was a cold morning and the day never seemed so better for him, as he reached the king's shelter,
He was brought immediately to its grounds and the king came into his full view,He spoke:-
I have come from a far off land and I have come here for shelter,would you be so kind as to give me your hospitality for the duration of my trip?
The king agrees and orders his men to take care of this person.
This person would soon be recognised only by his deeds-The Seer.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7778/hlhKyE.png

Chapter 1
King Visalus Heruli was really a Perfectionist . He had asked The Seer to prepare the chart on the affairs of his kingdom and he was livid that he had no advisors and heir to his throne.
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/6760/1I5Eqv.png

He called The Seer to his shelter and asked for some advice.

The Seer said that his economy cannot sustain an advisor and had to wait for his economy to develop if he wanted to hire advisors.
The king was a very ambitious man and he wanted to prove that his kingdom is not weak but first he needed some Allies.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A messenger came running into his cabin and gave him a piece of papyrus which said that the Jutes have declared him as his rival . He had to wait and prepare for this conflict which would shape the future of Scandinavia.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i would upload my AARs thrice a week and if you have any queries please ask them in the comments section.
thank you for reading this post .​

Welcome to AAR writing.

It helps if you use image tags so that screenshots appear in the thread properly. To use this write (img) at the start of the link, and (/img) at the end of the thread (only you need to use square brackets [ and ] rather than ( and ). Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the advice. Will try to execute the following changes needed in the next AAR

Chapter 2 :- Rise of the Heruli
( So we leave off where the last chapter ended.The Heruli began mass mobilization in preparation for the war.the heruli are waiting for the perfect time to strike and claim what is rightfully theirs .
The future is uncertain for Scandinavia but a glimmer of hope still exists.
to unravel the future continue reading the AAR. )
Chapter 2
The Rise of Heruli
King Visalus Heruli wanted to be remembered and feared by all so he often made detailed plans for every single scenario known and unknown,as this was going to be the greatest war in the history of Scandinavia .
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On the noble day of 1 january of 6 the truce with Jutes ended. King Visalus Heruli wanted to declare war immedietly but he had more pressing matters to deal with.He appointed the Ur- Lantfield and Vadomar- Vaefar - one of the finest genrals to lead his armies.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
on the day of january 9 of 7 King Visalus Heruli sent a diplomat to the territory of the Jutes to inform that a war is coming {cb = conquest of Fyn} he sent all of his armies into battle.
eu4_9.png

All soilders wore their Chainmail and ran to the doors of Fyn where they quickly besiged and won the city for the king.
eu4_7.png

Same was for kolding. the largest city of the Jute kingdom.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
These days King Visalus Heruli luck could not be better he had been able to singlehandedly defeat the Jutes and now even reports came from his Genrals that they have reached Vestyjelland-The Capital Of the Jutes. while thinking about his sucesses he got a news from his beloved queen that he has now a new hier to his throne-his son Gundomad the first.
eu4_10.png
He was happy but then he recieved disturbing news from his messenger.
Messenger- The nation of Angles has declared war on the Jutes,
So he now has to peace Jutes earier than expected.

Attachments

• eu4_8.png
    eu4_8.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 39
Pretty decent heir.

subbed

Chapter 3 :- Unlikely Peace
King Visalus Heruli woke early on 15th december 11 to get notified by his messenger th
at the capital of the Jutes- Vestyjelland has been taken.
he ordered a massive feast for the population and sent his diplomat to work out the peace terms.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Diplomat Makarian Oppas was really stressed as he travelled to Vestyjelland to work out peace deals with the enemy.The king wanted all of Jutes to be annexed but Diplomat Makarian Oppas knew that his motherland cannot afford to make them cores and be able to retain control of them, so he did the sensible thing, he took three provinces Fyn,Aarhus and Kolding and forced vassalization on the rest of the country and returned to Lund-Heruli's capital.
the king was angry at Diplomat Makarian Oppas that he disobeyed a direct order but was anyway pleased at his presence of mind for which he offered a promotion which Diplomat Makarian Oppas gratefully accepted.
since the Angles had declared war on their vassal Jutes the Heruli were forced to fight them out.
after initial (severe) setbacks they finally settled for a white peace with Angles.
eu4_12.png

eu4_13.png

After nearly a year of total war King Visalus Heruli accepted for white peace.
and sent his diplomats to improve relation and integrate his vassals.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
this post is short as i plan to upload two more posts after a couple of hours so stay tuned and wanted to know how is the post coming around and some suggestions to improve this AAR
thank you for reading this post and have a great day ahead.

Clearly a diplomat's work is never done ;)

Chapter 4 :- Land of the Danes
after the war, people enjoyed a golden age of science and arts, King Visalus Heruli was at the pinnacle of his power and wanted to continue his work .
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________After 10 years,
Hear ye! Hear Ye All! a messenger runs in the streets of Lund announcing that the once mighty Jutes are now part of their kingdom! Hear ye! Hear Ye All!
King Visalus Heruli wanted to be remembered for eternity by all men in the known and unknown worlds ,
so on the day of the lord 18 march of 24 he officialy created the Kingdom of Denmark- a 'land for the Danes 'as he used to say.
eu4_14.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the Angles and the Heruli were rivals since they met at battle, King Visalus Heruli wanted to end this stalemate once and for all, so on 3 april 24 he declared war on Angles(cb-conquest-rippen)
eu4_15.png

Some say this was one of King Visalus Heruli biggest mistakes, underestimating the Angles army and their capability as the Danes were defeated in most of the wars they fought and they (the Angles) conquered all of the former Jutes Territory.
eu4_16.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
the soilders under the kings finest genralsknew thiswar was alll but lost so they prepared a last ditch effort to stabilitize the situation.
some call it the grace of Odin or luck itself helped them win the war and they soon once again conquered rippin.
and soon the rest of their kingdom.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
the king sent his finest diplomat to negotiate a favorable peace deal with the enemy.
_______________________------------------------_____________________________________________________-----------------------------------------------_____________________________________________________-___
Diplomat Meterich Hamming was a real cautious diplomat like his predesccor Diplomat Makarian Oppas and negotiated an almost same deal with the Angles.
eu4_17.png

Thus the golden age of Heruli/Denmark began.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any sugesstions please leave it in the comments section.
______--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_______________________________________________________
thank you for reading this AAR and have a excellent day ahead!

A "proper" looking Denmark now :D

so, you are planning on take over the whole Roman Empire too?

Chapter 5 :- The End of The Golden Age
The Formation of Denmark and the subjugation of Angles transformed Heruli/Denmark to one of the most Feared nations in the North Sea and the baltic .Many nations such as Frisia , Rugili allied with The Danes making them explicitly strong in the world.This ushered in Denmark's new Golden Age.
eu4_21.png

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
it was the morning of 1 january 52 AD when Angles were integrated in the Empire.
King Visalus Heruli was very old now , with neither of his mental or physical strength with him ,
He was deeply troubled by a news report he recieved from one of his messengers a couple of years ago.
the messengers said that he recieved the message from The Seer , but King Visalus Heruli knew where he had left to continue his studies- a far off place called Alexandria,
He seems to have sent a message stating that -
" My King, I have sent this message this to Inform you that your Golden Age is Coming to an End and the Forces of Evil are at your Doorstep.remember your Protocol"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just After a couple of days after the Angles were integrated into his kingdom , a virulent Disease struck the kingdom which Decimated most of the population of Denmark.
King Visalus Heruli knew his time had come but before it he wanted to experience the pleasures of life one last time, so he along with son and hier to the throne gundomanad the first went on a trip along the countryside in horseback where King Visalus Heruli took his last gulp of air.
With his death the kingdom Fell into a Dark Age from which it Never Recovered.
eu4_22.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Physio to the king had reported that he had died of natural causes but his body was missing .
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gundomandad coronated himself as the new King of the Danes and spent every passing day searching the body of his Father
The nobles, unhappy with his behaviour pledged the crown to count of Frisia Christian 1 frisso ( nephew of the king of Frissia)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
King Gundomandad was tired of his capital of Lund and wanted to movehis to a more strategic location to Copenhagen which caused severe unrest in population of the city.
By the end of the Week he was found lying dead on his bed and dumped unceremoniously in the gravesite.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
After hearing the news Christian 1 frisso who was promised the crown came to Copenhagen where he was honoured by the people and the nobles who coronated him as King Christian 1 Frisso.
eu4_23.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
thus through this battle off Intrigue ,
Denmark descended to Chaos.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
any suggestion please leave in the comments
thank you for reading this AAR and have a great day ahead!

Ultimately the Danes are currently small fry in a lake with one very big fish.

Yeah .
I will not be able to update this AAR for the next couple of days due to pre mid terms I will update once I am free to update

Yeah .
I will not be able to update this AAR for the next couple of days due to pre mid terms I will update once I am free to update
No worries. Good fortune on those.

so, baptized so early...

Chapter 6 :- Blunder
King Christian 1 Frisso was very ambitious and wanted his empire to strech from the British Isles to the southern Lands of Greece, so as an act of unprovoked agression attacked the misely minor of Kent, ( no allies)( no cb war)
which he quickly subjugated ,
and provoked a coalition among its neighbours in the Isles.
Thus this was one of his greatest Blunders.
i have no pictures of the events as he lived a very short reign and was assinated by one of his own people .
i will release a new post in a couple of minutes
thank you for reading and enjoy!