• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So when's the next chapter? I've been dying to read it lol

Should be tomorrow.

But I do have a mini character update in the mean time.

Character: Emperor Valerian II of Tamriel

Traits: Master Warrior, the lord birth sign, attractive, quick, gregarious, kind, proud, cynical, and organizer.

Quote: "Have I mentioned how thoroughly I love power? Because I really do love power. Sometimes it gets a little disturbing but eh I live with it."

Valerian II is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to figure out that he's in a game, and he's been unerringly genre savvy about most things. Most of the Cyraliins have been decent rulers but none of Valerian's predecessors have ever really had the common touch.

Valerian grew up in Skyrim a land that gave him an irreverent easy going manner that would inspire loyalty or loathing (There was never really any middle ground with the man).

He was raised by his mother's chancellor and his own lifelong friend Serana, her "condition" has been an endless font of bad jokes and painful puns for the new Emperor.

By the standards of the time he has remarkably little blood on his hands.

He was rather fun to write for.

Part 15 Conquests, Heirs, and poisonings

Valerian Cyraliin began preparations for his Akaviri conquests almost as soon as he had taken the throne. Hundreds of ships and tens of thousands of soldiers were recruited increasing the number of legions from eight to twelve, each legion commanded by men and women who knew how to wage war with speed and precision.

The emperor's chosen target came as a surprise to many, everyone had expected him to attack the Tsaesci on the akaviri mainlaind like Uriel II had decades before. Valerian chose to attack the Tang Mo reasoning that they were the weakest of the Akaviri peoples.

His judgement was correct the annexation of Tang Mo took a mere five years, the natives fought bravely but they were hopelessly outnumbered, the emperor used his massive fleet to launch amphibious attacks all over the islands keeping the natives divided and confused.

After bringing the Tang Mo war to a satisfactory conclusion Valerian turned his attention to the Tsaesci who were going through another succession crisis, the full detail of Valerian's campaigns would be extremely tedious to relate in full suffice to say that the imperial armies were making steady if slow progress. After sixty years roughly two thirds of the Tsaesci empire had fallen, the rest would hold out for another thirty years until they were destroyed by the young Alessia V.

After almost seven decades away from the capital Valerian returned in triumph, a chronicle covering the emperor's akaviri wars in exhaustive detail was written (while decidedly dry to modern tastes, the imperial scribe Marius seemed to care more about the Emperor's wardrobe than his war council meetings, it has proven invaluable for later chroniclers)

Two years later the emperor's only legitimate children were born, twins the eldest was named Alessia the younger Valentinian. The emperor's consort Princess Morgiah of Morrowind died suddenly of the crimson plague a short time later, the emperor never remarried.

Valerian's children grew up to be drastically different people.

Alessia was quiet, reserved, and asked nothing more than study alchemy in peace. (No one least of all her father knew much about her all consuming ambition)
Valentinian was loud, boisterous, filled with good humor, and devastatingly skilled in the seductive arts. His main flaw was the kind of ambition that emperors and more importantly the men who made themselves emperor usually possessed. (This was to come back to haunt him)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(17 years later The Imperial Palace)

"So what have you been studying my dear?" the emperor asked his daughter.

"Poison." she stated.

"Ah feeling morbid are we?"

"No more than usual, I did get to watch someone go through all twelve stages of Scathecraw poisoning. I'm so glad you decided to let me experiment on our condemned prisoners!"

"Well if they are going to die any way we might as well make them be useful about it."

"Exactly!" she hugged her father and then left for her garden.

"That girl is adorably disturbing." Serana said.

"Oh hush she's found her passion I say let her enjoy it while she can."

"I'm still putting my Cyraliins on her poisoning you with some kind of ridiculously obscure death plant."

"She would never do that! She's too kind hearted for patricide."

"Whatever you say your grace. Where is your son? I haven't seen him in some time."

The emperor's smile faded. "Probably working his way through the brothels down by the waterfront. Or drinking himself unconscious in a tavern proclaiming that "He is the rightful heir!!" to anyone nearby."

"Ah that is... unfortunate."

"Unfortunate? He's a disgrace! I enjoy drinking and pleasurable company as much as the next autocrat but at least I have the dignity to remain presentable at all times!"

"Well at least your disturbing child seems to have her priorities straight."

"And I thank Talos everyday for that."

(several hours later Alessia's garden)

The princess was walking through her garden lost in thought.

Oh brother you really do seem to want to make this easy for me, everyone knows you want the throne, Everyone knows you hate father and I...

She began humming a merry tune as she left the garden heading to her chambers.

(Three years later, The Imperial Palace)

Valerian II was starting to feel old after a long struggle with the crimson plague he had managed to recover with great difficulty, many in the empire wondered how much longer their emperor was going to live.

There was a knock at the emperor's door.

"Come in." he coughed.

Alessia entered carrying a bottle and two glasses. "Hello father, I know you haven't been feeling well so I've found just the thing to raise your spirits!"

She showed him the bottle.

"Ventruii Tough?! I haven't seen one of these in years! Where did you get it?"

"A friend of an acquaintance, it was rather expensive of course but the price was well worth it. Have a drink with me?"

"Do you even need to ask?"

She filled both glasses. "To your health father."

They both emptied their glasses.

Over the next hour they emptied the bottle well Valerian emptied the bottle Alessia only ever had the one glass. The emperor started to feel very ill.

"Wh-what was in that?"

"Poison."

"W-" he coughed "Why?"

"Well you see I would really like to be empress, unfortunately that can not happen while you live and you are taking altogether to much time dying. So I decided to expedite the process. It really isn't anything personal father, you've made yourself an obstacle so you had to be removed." she smiled.

"That doesn't make any sense it will be obvious that you killed me!"

"Oh no, no it won't father you see my dastardly brother poisoned the both of us hoping to claim the throne for himself. Tragically you won't survive, but I will my years of alchemical studies have given me a tolerance for most common poisons. I will have him imprisoned to avenge your death and then "Sadly" take over the reigns of government."

"So *the emperor tried to stand but he wasn't strong enough* What kind of poison did you use? Some kind of ridiculously obscure death plant?"

"Nightshade actually. Any of my more... exotic poisons would be far beyond my idiot brother's capabilities, nightshade though? You can find that growing just about anywhere!" she laughed.

"Yo-you're a monster." he was growing weaker by the second. Death was not far off.

"I prefer to think of myself as "Creatively Ambitious"." She left him there.

Valerian II died shortly after midnight.

The Imperial guard discovered the emperor dead and his daughter unconscious.

The guard captain woke the young princess as gently as he could.

"My lady what happen---"

"It was poison! I-is my father alright?"

"No my lady, he is dead."

The young princess looked distraught.

"Who could have done this?" She asked shaking.

"The man who would stand to gain the most from this." the captain said with disgust.

"But my brother would not do tha---actually that... that does seem like something he would do. But there's no proof!"

"That will be taken care of later, for now we need to get you crowned my lady then we can begin preparations for your father's funeral, then vengeance."

Alessia began to recover her composure. "Yes of course captain, we should move quickly before my brother finds out he was only partially successful."

Alessia IV was crowned six hours later, the emperor's funeral was the week after that. Prince Valentinian was imprisoned on charges of treason and executed less than a month later.

(The Imperial palace the day after Valentinian's execution)

"My father considered you his most loyal friend and confidant, I hope I can expect the same loyalty from you."

"Of course your grace. I have never been anything but loyal to the Cyraliin family."

"Good, I plan on completing my father's work with the Tsaesci as soon as possible, I'm sending you to akavir ahead of me. See if you can fabricate any claims for me."

"Yes your grace." she bowed and began to head for the exit.

"Oh your grace?" she turned. "I'm so very sorry about your brother, Patricide! Can you imagine? What kind of evil person would do something like that?" She was looking the empress right in the eyes. "Ah well at least the guilty party has been punished" she gave Alessia a knowing smile, bowed again and left.

Well at least that's what the chronicles will say. the chancellor thought.

The empress was left feeling ill at ease, eventually she brushed that aside and began preparations for the final conflict with the Tsaesci...

Part 16 The Fall of Akavir will be out this weekend.

Last edited:
Part 16 The Fall of Akavir

A monster ruled the Empire of Tamriel. Of course no one knew that when Alessia V set out to finish her fathers work in Akavir.

The Tsaesci empire was faltering, decades of continual defeat against Valerian II had left the empire a broken mess. This was worsened by decades of prolonged civil wars and eventually successful wars of independence. When Alessia and the legions they found over a dozen competing duchies and counties instead of the united front they had been expecting.

The Tsaesci prince-lings fell with almost indecent haste, the last Tsaesci was captured, stripped of his title, and made the most famous victim of Alessia's "experiments".

Originally Alessia had kept her foul desires in check by only performing her experiments on condemned criminals (To her credit a great deal of useful information was gained, greatly increasing our knowledge of various poisons and their effects) eventually she grew bored with simple alchemical experiments and began to employ darker methods.

She soon gathered a cadre of torturers highly skilled in the arts of pain, instead of "How will this poison affect a robust noblemen compared to a half-starved bandit" the question became "How much pain can a Tsaesci withstand before madness sets in?"

It was not until the final battle against the Tsaesci that the empress was exposed for the monster she was. Ten thousand prisoners had been taken in the battle, they were divided up into groups of one hundred. Ninety-nine of each group had both their eyes put out, the last man was allowed to keep one eye so that he might lead his fellows home. When this grisly procession finally reached the capital the Tsaesci emperor seeing the utter ruin of his grand army died from the shock and despair.

His son and successor was captured shortly thereafter and publicly flayed. The Tsaesci empire was dead.

The Empress soon turned her attention to the remaining Akiviri kingdoms. Po Tun fell after thirty years of heavy fighting. The fierce Kamal after another twenty-five. The remaining independent counties were devoured over three years. After nearly sixty years Alessia had succeeded in subduing all of Akavir, she returned home in triumph.

After a magnificent feast celebrating her victory the empress threw herself back into the task of ruling the empire. Her first task was to find a suitable consort, she eventually settled for Ulfric the inoffensive younger son of Jarl Eorlund of Whiterun. Over the next twenty years they had two children Valentinian and Gratian.

The years following Alessia's return from Akavir were marked by almost constant conflict, peasants rebelled in their thousands, the high kings of Morrowind, Black Marsh, and Hammerfell all attempted to depose the empress. These attempts all failed their leaders executed in Alessia's typical style. (Ironic and insanely cruel)

By the time Valentinian and Gratian came of age many of the oldest houses in Tamriel had ceased to exist, victims of a mad empress.

Valentinian was eventually given Skyrim while Gratian was sent to rule Morrowind where they began plotting against their mother almost immediately.

The last and greatest Cyraliin "Family dispute" was about to begin...

Part 17 A time of Strife, Valentinian will be out eventually.

Cheesecake's Notes:

Part 16 marks the end of my Cyraliin playthrough I had planned on continuing all the way to the end date but the most recent patch killed my saves.

I'm going to finish the AAR of course but from part 17 onwards I'll basically be writing my own story using the events that already happened as a baseline.

This does free me up to add certain things (Educational reforms, infrastructure, ect), so Updates will be a little more spaced out but I'll be making them quite a bit bigger to compensate.

You've got to have at least one insane ruler, history would be boring without them but blinding 10,000 prisoners! I feel no love for the snake men but I wouldn't even do that to the elves (gods damn them) that's some impressive cojones Alessia had. It'll be a shame to see it end but I've enjoyed it.
Maybe with 0.1.4 we'll see the Cyrallin's rise again.

You've got to have at least one insane ruler, history would be boring without them but blinding 10,000 prisoners! I feel no love for the snake men but I wouldn't even do that to the elves (gods damn them) that's some impressive cojones Alessia had. It'll be a shame to see it end but I've enjoyed it.
Maybe with 0.1.4 we'll see the Cyrallin's rise again.

I rather liked having Story! Alessia go Basil II on their scaly asses.

When I do finish this AAR I'll be making another one.

I've decided to have a brief interlude between the most recent update and part 17.

These mini-updates will all take place between Alessia's return to Tamriel and the beginning of the civil war in no particular order.

The first was largely inspired by a certain obscure event chain that can happen to insane Slavic pagans and the sword quest event chain from the GoT mod.

It will be called "Burning the Library", should be done sometime later today.

Last edited:
Interlude; Burning the Library

(The Imperial Palace, four years before the civil war)

"And that is how I'm going to get the information." The empress stated.

"You're insane, what you want to do it's just not poss---"

"Oh hush Serana it's completely possible."

"You're going to attack Hermaeus Mora in Apocrypha!"

"What? No I'm not! I am merely leading an expedition to find some very important information. If Hermaeus Mora has a problem with that it really is too bad."

"That's still--- I don't even care anymore do what you will."

"Don't I always?"

After a few months of preparations Alessia was ready, a portal was opened and the empress and five hundred of her most elite soldiers crossed into Mora's realm. Initially everything went smoothly the few seekers they encountered proved no match for the battle hardened elite of the Tamrielic army and the only lurker they faced was taken down by the Empress herself. They made good progress through that bizarre land until Alessia eventually called a halt, they had traveled far enough for one day. They set up camp did their best to rest.

They were attacked in the "night" by a veritable legion of seekers, the battle was a slaughter Alessia's expedition was cut in half. It was at that point that Mora decided to speak to his unwanted guests.

"Did you really think you could move through my realm without being noticed?"

"Of course not, I am however counting on your arrogance. Hadrian if you would be so kind."

Hadrian the Legate in command of Alessia's troops shouted an order, spells fired. Dozens of Dremora Lords, Daedroths, and Golden Saints were summoned. They immediately threw themselves at Mora's minions.

Mora ordered his servants to destroy the intruders but Alessia's forces had scattered into small groups running seemingly at random through Mora's realm. The seekers scattered determined to destroy their master's enemies. The seekers ran into rune traps, ambushes, and more summoned creatures. In spite of all that they were slowly grinding the invaders down a few kills at a time.

After two days of running battles Mora's servants cornered the Empress, the Prince of Fate knowing his victory was close decided to take a moment to gloat.

"You failed mortal, no one can stand against the Prince of Fate!"

"Actually I found what I was looking for a while ago, I'm making my exit as we speak. Bet you didn't see that coming did you big guy?"

A portal opened and the Empress and her remaining soldiers exited, after the last of them left the portal closed the seekers rushed towards where their targets had just been inadvertently triggering a cluster of rune traps, the resulting fireball incinerated everything in a fairly large area. Even though everything that had been "destroyed" was eventually restored due to the nature of Oblivion, Mora was furious, The Prince of Fate had been outmaneuvered.

Alessia Cyraliin had entered Oblivion with five hundred elite soldiers. Only seven of them survived.

(Three days later, White-Gold Tower)

"Five hundred good men died to get you that information--"

"Almost five hundred, Legate Hadrian and five of his men survived."

"Because that is so much better."

"I got the information I was looking for and almost as importantly I got to spite one of the most powerful daedric lords, whether you like it or not this has been a good week."

"And what exactly is this all important information?"

"The original text of a prophecy that concerns my family."

"What?"

"Anyway its time to chase down the next lead."

"You've got to be ki---"

"I'm fairly certain he's a prior acquaintance of yours. Get ready for fun times Serana we're going to Coldharbour..."

Interlude; Princes and Plots

(Ebonheart, one year before the civil war)

Alessia IV's two sons Valentinian and Gratian were very different people. Valentinian was always the smarter of the two, better equipped to handle the endless diplomatic niceties and intrigues of the imperial court, of average height and appearance he relied above all else on using his wits to outmaneuver his opponents. Gratian was a military genius, tall, handsome, and seemingly immune to extremes of heat and cold, unlike his brother he possessed few social graces. The most noteworthy thing about the brothers (especially compared to the rest of their family) was their unwavering loyalty to each other. Each had skills the other lacked and they learned early on that they could accomplish more through cooperation than competition.

Valentinian Cyraliin heir to the empire and high king of Skyrim had come all the way to Morrowind to visit his brother Gratian.

Gratian rushed to meet his brother. "Val! What brings you this far from Skyrim?"

"Not now, you never know who might be listening, is there anywhere my companions and I may speak with you in secrecy?"

"My chambers, right this way." The group made their way to Gratians rather plain quarters.

"Alright this is the most secure part of the palace, now you really need to tell me what is going on." Gratian said.

Valentinian gestured to one of his companions. "This is Marlena Reman, the bundle is her son."

Gratian interrupted. "I thought our "wonderful" mother wiped out the Remans?"

"Most of us." Marlena replied.

"She and her son are the last of their line and the rightful rulers of Black Marsh."

"I see, why is she here?"

"I'll let my friend explain that, Serana if you would?"

The former imperial chancellor turned to address Gratian. "The empress is insane, we've known this for years. Her near extermination of the Remans is the final straw. All across the empire there are whispers of rebellion. If you and your brother don't act to remove her soon others will."

"You're expecting us to dethrone ou---"

"Yes. If you act soon you will be able to remove your mother and save your line from almost certain destruction."

"You've served our mother for years. Why would you betray her now?"

"She's finally gone too far, for years her "punishments" were unspeakably cruel but they were only ever inflicted on the guilty, that isn't enough for her anymore. Thousands of innocents have already been slaughtered. She's actually been encouraging rebellions so she will have more victims to "experiment" on."

"Why haven't we heard any of this?" Gratian asked.

"The "Shadows" are very... efficient. Your grandfather founded them as a covert assault unit, your mother has turned them into her covert enforcers. For every botched assassination that so enrages the nobles there have been a dozen more carried out with perfect success."

Gratian frowned. "This, this is all true isn't it Val?"

"Yes, after mother dismissed Serana from the council I invited her to my court and she told me everything. Marlena joined me a month ago and she's confirmed Serana's claims. We have to act against her now before it is too late."

"What would you have me do?" Gratian asked.

"We need soldiers, I know you've got the gold to hire an army of mercenaries, that combined with our own forces should be enough to face mother on even terms."

"What about the other provinces?"

"High Rock and Hammerfell are on the verge of revolt, and the rest are not far behind them."

Gratian sighed "Then our course is clear, Gods help us all..."

The last interlude piece "Setting the board" will be out this weekend, the story will continue with the Civil war next week.

Last edited:
Interlude: Setting the board

(The Imperial Palace, Alessia's "experimentation" chamber, two years before the civil war)

The prisoner screamed.

"My dear you really should tell me what I want to know." The empress said in her usual singsong tone.

The prisoner groaned something about Alessia's mother and most of the sailors in the empire.

"How charming, hit her again." Alessia's head "experimenter" gave the prisoner another destruction spell (lightning this time).

"All you have to do is tell me what "Lord" Bal told you and the pain can stop."

"I won't tell you anything."

"We'll see, Open the hatch. A little sunlight should speed things right along."

That hatch opened slowly.

"You will tell me what I want to know, I haven't let you feed in weeks... Actually part of me hopes you don't say anything, I've always wanted to directly observe the effects of sunlight on a blood starved vampire."

The prisoner hissed at Alessia, still defiant.

The empress allowed herself a cold laugh. "Very well, we will have to do this the fun way..."

(The Elder Council chambers, two weeks later)

The imperial council was in session, their "topic of the day" was how to properly respond to widespread unrest in Akavir. Serana the imperial chancellor and Torygg the spymaster favored a more diplomatic solution in which the rebel leaders would be executed for treason and the rest pardoned. Beem-Ja the marshal preferred to destroy the rebels root and branch with retribution extending to the rebels families if need be. Emeric the court priest was away in Akavir on a mission for the empress and Ancano the court wizard was busy helping the empress with her "experiments". The Steward Proventus was crisscrossing the Imperial city overseeing six different construction projects for the empress.

Alessia entered just as Torygg and Beem-Ja were about to come to blows over the issue.

"Whatever you've been talking about is now irrelevant, both of you sit down and shut up." The councilors obeyed but not without shooting the usual glares at each other.

Serana tilted her head. "Where exactly have you been?"

"Having a lovely chat with the "guest" we picked up in Coldharbour."

"For two weeks?!"

"She was rather disagreeable-" the empress smiled "-at first."

"So you got the information you wanted?"

"Don't I always?"

"And your "guest"? Is she still alive?"

"She wasn't exactly "alive" when she joined us was she?"

"You know what I meant."

"Yes dear the walking corpse is still functional." Alessia sighed "I guess I have a soft spot for the restless dead. I'll just have to transfer her to the "Good Deeds" division, should be interesting if nothing else."

Torygg spoke up. "Your grace there has been an uprising in Akav---"

"Kill the leaders... actually kill all of them, extend the purge to their families if you have to."

Torygg looked crestfallen while Beem-Ja was smirking. "As you wish."

"Good, leave us. I need to speak with my favorite councilor." They left.

"So what is this empire shaking knowledge?"

"Sit with me and I'll tell you."

(Three months later)

The empress and her chancellor had a very public falling out, Serana was heard calling her liege a "debased monster incapable of kindness or rational thought". The empress dismissed her from the imperial council and she left for Skyrim just as Alessia's great purge began.

The purge started out rather simply, the multitude of scheming courtiers that infested the capital were rounded up, imprisoned, and subjected to a variety of cruel fates. After this Alessia went after the more ambitious High Kings and their families, the Remans were nearly wiped out. The Tors, Motierre's, and the entire House Redoran were destroyed outright. Most of the other noble families were crippled by increased taxation and harsh sanctions.

Almost overnight the Empire's political landscape had changed dramatically, rebellion was discussed in hushed tones everywhere from Daggerfall to Firewatch and the rumors of the Empress' growing insanity began to be accepted as fact. The greatest civil war in the history of the Empire was about to begin...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheesecake's notes: I'll finally be getting to the Civil War next week. The beginning of the Civil War marks the furthest I had managed to take my Cyraliin game before the latest patch murdered my saves so the next few sections will be constructed almost from scratch, after the Civil War I'll probably have another character update or two before finishing things up with my last two story updates and the epilogue.

The Family tree will just cover the emperors and their children.

Valerian I-> Uriel*, Constantine I, Katariah^, and Potema^.
|
Potema->Ulfric* and Valerian II^
|
Constantine I->Uriel I
|
Uriel I->Constantine II^, Antiochus^, Cephorus^, and Tiber*
|
Constantine II->Alessia I
|
Alessia I->Uriel II^, Constantine III*, Tiber*, and five others.
|
Uriel II->Alessia II^
|
Constantine III->Tiber I^
|
Tiber I->Alessia III
|
Valerian II-> Alessia IV Valentinian^
|
Alessia IV-> Valentinian I and Gratian

^=Assassinated, killed in battle, or died in prison
*=Died young without issue or prematurely from plague

You know you've got a great family when "Murdered by relative" is the leading cause of death.

Last edited:
There will be a slight delay before I can get the next update up.

I could lie and claim some kind of personal calamity but the truth of the matter is I've been sucked into a particularly vicious round of EUIV.

I am so going to colonize Australia with my legions!

The update should be out Saturday.

Part 17: a time of strife

Valentinian King of Skyrim and Alessia's heir declared war on the empress, hoping to take the throne from her before she could ruin the empire further.

His brother Gratian King of Morrowind, Tiber of High Rock, and Hakim of Hammerfell (the first native to rule the province in decades) joined him.

Prince Gratian ended up making the first move, taking his armies he moved south to devastate Black Marsh and to keep its forces from joining the Empress in Cyrodiil. Tiber ended up taking his forces by sea to Summerset Isle hoping to knock the Altmer out of the war early. Hakim took his armies to western Cyrodiil, the captured most of the old kingdom of Anvil before moving on to Valenwood where they suffered a heavy defeat against the Bosmer.

Valentinian surprised everyone by remaining in Skyrim daring his mother to come after him.

He didn't have to wait long. The empress took her forces and smashed through the forces Valentinian had left to defend the passes leading into the rift, Alessia continued on eventually sacking Riften and most of the surrounding communities.

Valentinian retaliated by moving his forces through Pale Pass, fighting his way towards the imperial city.

Gratian was having a much easier time in Black Marsh, most of the local nobility hated the Empress and her puppet king with a passion, That king had very few soldiers respond to his call. Defeated twice in northern Black Marsh his army was eventually destroyed close to the Cyrodiil border, this victory encouraged the Tai of Eleswyr to throw his lot in with the rebels.

He moved his forces in to Valenwood to support Hakim's attack. This left Gratian free to attack eastern Cyrodiil which had been left virtually undefended by the empress.

Tiber's invasion of Summerset started out poorly when his first attempted landing was repulsed with dismissive ease by the Altmer. He failed to make any appreciable progress until another of the High Elves incessant civil wars broke out. Tiber began to make great gains while the Altmer were busy tearing each other apart.

Valentinian had been preparing to attack the Imperial City itself when his mother caught up with him at Weye, the young king fought bravely but he was hopelessly outclassed, his broken army fled north and then east where they were eventually able to regroup with Gratian.

The brothers eventually faced their mother again on the north shore of lake Rumare, the battle lasted for several days and ended in a narrow victory for the rebels.

Alessia pulled her forces back to the Imperial Isle and began preparations for a siege.

The brothers eventually drew their armies up along the length of the Alessian walls and began constructing siege equipment.

The final struggle of the civil war and the bloodiest siege in Tamrielic history was about to begin.

Part 18: Preparing the Storm will be out next week.

Last edited: