• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rapcw

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Apr 8, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
The Beginning

screensave26hk.jpg

During the 1800s, as the Asian nations surrounding her became colonized, Siam standed alone in it's resistance to imperialism. It modernized itself and kept its independence from the Western powers. In 1932 a revolution led to a constitutional monarchy. With a powerful friend in Japan, and low relations with the Allies, particularly the French, Siam is on a path toward fascism. The Siamese leaders are becoming increasingly expansionist, and are eager to create a new South-East Asian empire. Only time will tell if these ambitions follow through or if they fall flat on their face. But Siam has the potential to become a regional power, and maybe more.

Hello there this is my new AAR. After playing as Japan, I decided I wanted more of a challenge, and so I decided that playing a minor would be good. Siam was decided on because of it's potential for expansion by allying with Japan, and because I haven't seen a Siam AAR yet for HOI2. I am hoping that this will be a good game and that I will be able to create a pretty sizeable empire, or die trying. Either way it will be fun.

Settings are Normal/Normal using 1.3 and no mods.

Nice, I've never seen a Siam AAR. :)

YAY !!! Rapcw makes another AAR !. I loved your Japan AAR, good luck with this one.

1936: The Beginning of a New Path

On January 1st, 1936, with a new year beginning, it was decided that Some new reforms should be implemented. The Siamese government went 1 towards having a standing army, making it easier to retrain divisions with more modern weapons.

diplomacy9mk.jpg

The Siamese government January 1st, 1936

The reforms did not stop at the army. The Siamese industry was also reorganized to better suit the future and current needs of Siam. Much IC was put into reinforcing the current divisions to their maximum strength. After that was completed, the divisions would be modernized to current tech levels.

industry0yb.jpg

Siamese industry, January 1st, 1936

The technology of Siam would also be improved, with the first impovement being basic machine tools, to increase the output of factories.

tech15jj.jpg

New trade deals were also completed, with Persia for oil, Germany for energy, and Japan for money and steel.

The army in January 1936 consisted of 2 divisions and 1 garrison, the navy 2 light cruisers and 1 destroyer, the air force 1 fighter group and 1 tactical bomber group. In the future it was planned on expanding the army and navy, and possibly the air force.

military6xn.jpg

The Siamese Armed Forces

On April 11th Japan influenced Siam greatly causing her to move 1 towards closed society. This helped Siam along the path to fascism.

slider8ou.jpg

On April 15th, Italy annexed the nation of Ethiopia. The world condemned this action, though no country actually stepped up to contest this conquest.

ethiopia1ah.jpg

On May 27th the research for basic machine tools was completed, causing an increase in industrial output. With this technology completed it was decided that rear area supply dumps should be researched, in order to increase transport capacity and create a more efficient way of transporting and supplying troops.

tech20jh.jpg

On June 5th Guangxi Clique declared war on Nationalist China.

war0kn.jpg

Despite victories and conquests in the beginning by both Communist China and Guangxi, by early October Guangxi was pushed back and forced to make peace. In mid october Nationalist China made peace with Communist China as well.

On June 14th, with the infantry divisions done upgrading to the current standards, there was free IC available to build new units. The Siamese government decided that the best choice would be to build a new factory complex in the mountains of Khon Kaen. The Siamese economy continued to grow.

industry24ld.jpg

The growing Siamese economy

On July 18th the Spanish Civil War started between Nationalist and Republican Spain. The Republicans were backed by the Soviets, and the Nationalists by Germany and Italy. The UK and France declined to send any aid.

On December 22nd the research on rear area supply dumps was completed. The next item to be researched would be the census tabulating machine, in order to increase the effectiveness of future research.

tech49pg.jpg

With 1936 at an end, the country of Siam was on a path to future greatness. With an improved economy, a modern army, and increased relations with Japan, Siam was heading towards a bright future.

Looks very cool.This makes me want to play Siam again.My last game was despite good beginning doomed with british seeing their only job to kill me off.I wish you better luck than mine.

Rapcw said:
With an improved economy, a modern army, and increased relations with Japan, Siam was heading towards a bright future.

A Glorious future awaits the King of Siam and his people - though you've gotta wonder how bright the future can be with Britain to the west, China to the North and various nations which will become ultimately hostile to the South :wacko:

I'd suggest you change the AI Agressiveness to Furious, if you were playing any other country that Siam... But I share the same experience with my countrymen there, the Brits just ran over me as soon as I did something. So perhaps Doublenormal is suitable for this occasion... Anyways, seems promising.

What are you going to build? I tried to go with a navy as Japs gave me a load of BP's but I found the IC inadequate for a decent one, even after securing Burma and Philippines...

1937: The Rise of Fascism

On January 1st, 1937 the Siamese government implemented new more authoritarian laws. This would be known as the moment that Siam finally became a fascist state. One percent of the population was brave enough to speak out about these new measures, and more industry would be used to quell the discontent.

fascist3ot.jpg

Siamese government January 1st, 1937

A new change occured with the armaments minister, with Phya Bidadhkosha taking over the position. His new leadership increased Siam's economic output by 10%. As a result more IC could be used on supplies and production.

economy14fn.jpg

Siam's economy January 2nd, 1937

spain2tt.jpg

On March 29th Republican Spain annexed the Nationalists. Despite German and Italian backing, the Republicans defeated the Nationalists militarily and morally.

independence6kt.jpg

On April 16th Japan guaranteed Siam's independence. It was a diplomatic move that brought Japan and Siam closer together as allies.

sinojapanesewar7es.jpg

On June 8th Japan declared war on the Chinese factions after the Marco Polo Bridge incident. Siam hoped that Japan would win the war quickly so it would be in a better position to help Siam with her military conquests in the future.

tech18ju.jpg

On June 18th research on the census tabulating machine was completed, and research began on modern agriculture, in the hopes of improving Siam's manpower situation for the coming war.

ic5rr.jpg

On August 8th the industrial capacity in the mountains of Khon Kaen was expanded. This improved the economy of Siam greatly. With IC free for production, it was decided that production would begin on 4 new infantry divisions, to be completed by mid-late 1938.

econ20zo.jpg

Siam's economy August 8th, 1937

screensave792ue.jpg

On August 15th Japan released the puppet Mengkukuo in inner Mongolia. To Siam this was a sign of Japanese success in the war so far.

tannu3xy.jpg

On October 12th Tannu Tuva sent a diplomat to Siam to influence them. Siam was perplexed by this gesture of goodwill, believing it to be a Stalinist plot to overthrow Siam's government. Nothing came out of the incident though, and relations improved little between the two countries.

On November 8th the first of the four new infantry divisions was completed. The 3rd Thai Infantry Division was deployed and assigned to the Royal Thai Army.

On December 13th research on modern agriculture was completed and research began on improved machine tools, in the hopes of improving Siam's economy even more.

With 1937 at an end, Siam continues to grow and expand in all fields. Siam's government has become more allied with Japan, and Siam herself has become a fascist state. With a new war in China and a growing threat of a major war in Europe, many nations have overlooked Siam and her potential. It was hoped that in the future the world would be forced to look at Siam's growth and strength and take notice.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ok that concludes this update but I am wondering should I continue on with 1.3 or get 1.3a and if I get it will it affect my save file? Thanks.

Your surely are going for an underdog here . i enjoyed your Japan AAR and this 1 has even more promise gl m8

You'll have a problem if you ally with Japan. You're surrounded by France and the UK! :eek:

Hmm most likely france/britain will invade anyway alliance or not now siam is Facicist

On March 29th Republican Spain annexed the Nationalists. Despite German and Italian backing, the Republicans defeated the Nationalists militarily and morally.

Wasn't the most avid HoI player, but how common is that? Never saw it, and was never able to do it. Dirty facists always got the better of me.

LordLeto said:
Wasn't the most avid HoI player, but how common is that? Never saw it, and was never able to do it. Dirty facists always got the better of me.

This is a bit off the track, but in my experience the Republicans have about 25% chances to win if it is AI vs AI. I have never seen or even heard human failing to beat AI-lead NS, so you're quite the first one facing that problem... :eek:

About the actual AAR: Nice going! Let's hope you'll have enough troops when the war begins to keep you alive untill the Japs come to assist. I have doubts whether it is wise to keep building factories, but if you're planning to join the fight a bit later than usually, it might be a good strategy.
Anyways, keep up the good work!

Like I said I wasn't exactly an Avid(ie GOOD) HoI player. ;)

EU2 and CK on the other hand. ;)