• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 9: Consolidation of Power Begins

The colonization of Astures is only the beginning of the Gallaeci's Republican ambitions. The work of building and construction began almost immediately in Astures to bring the new territory into the arms of civilization. This is an exciting time for a Gallaecian: what's next? Excited eyes turned toward the east. They have long enjoyed peace with the Cantabri, who are now viewed as savages despite their similar beginnings. A certain republican superiority complex kicked in. Wouldn't it be nice to bring the Cantabri into the arms of a united Celt-Iberian Republic? A united front to ward off these foreign intruder of the Iberian heart line?

Thus, it can hardly be a surprise that when the senate elected a military faction-aligned archon in the next election, people were eagerly anticipating the beating of drums of war. But to many's surprise, the historical tie is too strong and the senate resolutely blocked any actions against the historical ally. There is simply not enough military faction in the senate and the merchants are too much in their role of opposition. Gallaeci must bide its time, for the time being, and focus on raising an army that can protect its borders. Laws are promptly passed to deal with corruptions in the republic.

wadl.png
51ll.png

News came that the barbarians of Astures have laid waste to Lusitani and continued their rampage through Carthaginian lands. Caraunios Leukid, the newly elected archon, set about to consolidate Astures' position and to further the economy of the republic. One of the foremost concern was to secure enough food and grains for the colonists and iron to provide defence. Treaties with the Roman Republic and available tribes were promptly established and hopes were high that this may begin a spark of Roman alliance.

xfme.png
w01q.png

Works were done to ensure that the new republic is a stable one and frequent sacrifices and feast were made to calm the public. Civic laws were passed to protect people from cruel merchants as the trade thrived. The presence of an inspiring high priest also helps with the matter and his presence has given great council to the senate and inspired the populace.

pvxy.png
0e2o.png
8mzo.png
947x.png

The navy was enlarged during this time to better protect the enlarged coast. The new beginning of this new republic is marked by a period of peace and prosperity as the government focused on strengthening the defences and welfare of people. Within a few short years, Astures have also became a centre of trading activity and bringing in considerable wealth for the Gallaeci. So much was the success that the barbarians residing in the area abandoned their ways and became part of the Gallaeci culture in June of 558 AUC, on the five year anniversary of the founding of republic. People rejoiced at the integration of the new territory.

o62k.png
gmws.png
ks0x.png
ec1q.png

The following year the senate elected a civic faction aligned archon. The Punic War is in full swing and the Romans and the Carthaginians fought bitterly. Though still seemingly a stalemate, Carthage is slowly losing grounds as they are wrecked with instability and with rebel forces popping up everywhere within their territory. One, two then three nations claimed their independence and the untimely incursion of two separate barbarians forces burnt down their colonies and forced them to fight a war on multiple fronts.

czkr.png
w4tb.png

As the Carthaginians face the formidable foe of Roman Republic and facing five different war of independence at the same time. The Gallaeci Republic is bidding its time and slowly building its technology and forces. Frustrated by years of being blocked on the military front and somewhat emboldened by the weakened Carthage, the Gallaeci senate came to a solution for the impasse: to establish their second colony. Bracara is the target and buoyed by the immense success of the last colonial venture, it is felt in the senate that perhaps it would be safer now to make contact with Carthage, who is facing a huge amount of internal strife and scarcely has the time to look at this tiny republic to the north.

dsea.png
c72g.png
6rxh.png

An expedition force is sent out, like last time. Similar to the last result, the barbarians forces were baited out and after smashing the expedition force, marched south to add more to the misery of Carthaginians. The plan worked perfectly: the region of Bracara is now ripe for the taking while simultaneously sending a large marauding force to further destabilize Carthage.

00vo.png
89il.png
y61c.png

The colonizing party was sent and within four months, a small settlement is established in Bracara. The immediate concern of securing food and grain supply to Bracara is solved by trading with the Romans. The civic faction is greatly lauded by the people as money poured in from this new colony.

ogcd.png
zesv.png
ya63.png
tkw6.png
vz4q.png

The senate, happy with their new expansion, set about the goal of building up a large manpower reserve from their territory with the aim of raising a large army to contend with their powerful neighbours. The hope of invading Cantabri is temporarily put on hold...but there may still be chance to rid the peninsula of the Carthaginian oppressors of Celt-Iberian people.

Commentary:

For a good six years, the senate kept blocking anything related to harming the relationship with Cantabri/the ability to declare war upon them. In a way, I was not quite prepared for a war as I felt it more imperative to build up my defences and using the precious gold for buildings that can maybe net a bigger return in the long run. I also know that Cantabri had a 7 unit strong army, which means I would need to build up my army with my limited manpower. Fortunately, a nice mission of colonizing Bracara came up and I was able to take advantage. Bracara has quite a nice civ score to kick as well. In a way, it may be a blessing in disguise as the Romans have been trying to extend into the Iberian peninsula and have once tried to border Cantabri. The more buffer I have with them red devils, the better in my opinion.

On the other hand, Carthage is collapsing rather spectacularly. I have no idea what happened but they are hitting -3 stab. They are fighting wars on all fronts and even Lusitani had managed to declare independence to the south. As such, I feel that Carthage might be the weaker and more available option here with an opportunity to perhaps expand south. It seems a matter of time before Romans win this war and I feel very strongly about trying to stay away from the Romans...perhaps I can feast on Carthaginian carcass when this is all over.

Last edited:
The longer you wait, the closer the Romans will come. Cantabri may be a buffer, but at the speed those other Barbarian states collapsed, I doubt that they will last long if the Romans really wanted to expand into Iberia.

Let's hope that the Gallaeci stay on the upswing and Carthage on the downswing or we're still doomed. Oh well, that's one of the things that makes this exciting.

Clicked on the Rome AAR just to see the tumbleweeds and stumbled across this active gem.

Great work, I prefer to play as tribes and the time to get up and running is just too great especially in Britannia were the barbarians have no where to go.

How is Carthage doing with their rebellions?

Catharge is not doing well, they will lose this war for sure. I think a populist rebel just sprang up now. I am really curious to know what triggered the chain reaction. There's just new nations everywhere and they are fairly broken.

It might be my option for expansion. I can't get the military faction into majority and they keep blocking my war option with Cantabri. I think Civics have around 51 people in the senate...which is crazy.

Chapter 10: Twilight Over Carthage

As the First Punic War reached its Climax, Carthage was ravaged by internal strife. Six separate nations declared its independence and conquered large swaths of land in the Carthaginian heartland. Barbarian groups rampaged through their Iberian holdings. The once proud empire, within a decade, is all of a sudden a shadow of its former self. Carthaginian soldiers fought on valiantly on all fronts, desperate to keep their land intact and safe.

ky9d.png

The Romans have gained the upper hand in the war taking advantage of Carthaginian weakness and occupies the few lands not yet taken by the separatists. Gallaeci wisely allied itself, economically, with the Romans instead.

xdon.png
qilg.png

The Carthage's position deteriorated further by the winter of that year as more factions splintered from Carthaginian Empire to declare their former independence. Meanwhile, news from far east came that yet another tribe has been conquered. The senate of Gallaeci thanked their lucky stars that Gallaeci had evolved from that backwater society and established a civilized republic. The senate of Gallaeci determined that this will be the time to perhaps strike and liberate some of the Lusitanian lands back to the arms of the Celt-Iberian. Gallaeci began preparation for war and sending their troops to be at ready by the border and raising up armies for the imminent war. Field report came that the strength of Carthaginian army outnumbers that of Gallaeci six to one. For Gallaeci to be successful, it would seem that they would need to have at least few thousands more men to deter any Carthaginian counter attack.

1q43.png
y9ws.png
4e4l.png

But alas, the indecision of the senate proved to be the undoing of this plan. While Gallaeci is busy raising up their men, the Roman legions showed up with an army of 32000 men and quickly occupied Lusitani. While the land remains occupied, Gallaeci would have no hope of wrestling it away from the Romans or the Carthaginians. The Punic War finally ended a few months later with Carthaginians ceding most of their Greek territories and wars turned into the crushing of the independent states. The Gallaeci war machine ground to a sudden halt before it had even started. With the renewed Carthage it seems suicidal now to even attempt an attack. The Gallaecians despaired. The indecisiveness of their action costed them a golden opportunity.

04fcfa.png
8b0fb3.png

The people resented the peace loving civic faction and process must be taken to unseat their majority in the senate. It has been too difficult to attempt any war with their interference.

b2c877.png

In August 563 AUC, a barbarian uprising occurred and the newly raised army was put to test quickly. The uprising was quelled easily and proving that it was no mistake raising an army to protect the citizens.

b9f632.png
2c39f8.png

With the ambition of conquest dashed for the near foreseeable future, attention turned to consolidate their provinces economically and building of newly-found innovation of harbour in all provinces.

276448.png

Later that year, the army had to quell yet another barbarian revolt in Bracara. This second colony has been more problematic than the first.

c50fee.png
63b2f6.png

The military party finally made some gains in the senate. But more work must be done to unseat the civics. The religious research meanwhile made some tremendous gains behind the inspiring high priest.

e5d425.png
d0e8ec.png
570fcc.png

Few uneventful years passed. The building of harbour allowed more trading opportunities and made the Gallaeci quite wealthy. Carthage have began their slow reconquest and still holds large swaths of Iberian peninsula, but seems to be in no hurry to do much with Gallaeci.

b8f9d3.png
28901e.png

The barbarians in Bracara finally accepted the Gallaeci rule in 568 AUC and became a fully incorporated province of Gallaeci.

686413.png
e4ee23.png

In 569 AUC, Carthage is once again involved in a war, but this time surprisingly against the Eastern empires. Unfamiliar faces showed up on the border of Gallaeci.

84cff4.png

The war would ultimately involve Egypt and Roman Republic, with Egypt opportunistically taking a foothold in the peninsula after winning a series of battles in North Africa and landing in Olissipo, meanwhile, Carthaginian armies trade blows with Pontus on Gallaeci border and Gallaeci army did little aside from repelling Barbarian attacks. Carthage is still a tad too strong of an opponent at the moment, especially with Roman support.

ba34b8.png
93fc27.png
24ba89.png

Frustrated with the lack of openings, the senate instead decreed to colonize the nearby barbaric territory of Brigantia instead. Expeditionary forces are sent again to lure the barbarians to other nearby nations. In 572 AUC, Gallaeci has grown to control north western Iberia, which has become increasingly fractured. Gallaeci now bides their time...waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

0ab734.png
7e03e7.png
36f1f8.png
1958f6.png
8461b2.png

Last edited:
Is the senate also preventing you from declaring war on Carthage? Now would be the perfect time to strike.

@DKM The senate blocks essentially all wars against tribes (I suspect it's because relation is greater than 0. There is really not that many left anyways unless I plan to sail a long way)

Sorry about the slow update, updating to the previous chapter since I was interrupted. This week has turned out to be busy...

Also, kicking myself for being indecisive and wanting total advantage before invading. Although I wonder if it was for the better, couldn't expand into Carthage that quickly with Roman occupation, and once the war ended Carthage might have just turned around and kicked my ass for the greed).

Last edited:
Carthage isn't a tribe. I asked if the Senate was preventing war with Carthage.

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't realize I didn't answer the question.

The Senate did not prevent war with Carthage, just with 'tribes' (Cantabri, Terraconesis, Pictii, etc). Hence me raising troops and mobilization. But it was too late by the time I chose to strike.

Chapter 11: Gathering Storm

Almost a century since Indibil's reform to build Gallaeci from its humble tribal beginnings to the republican state he had envisioned today, Gallaeci had quietly risen unnoticed in the corner of the world to a small force to be reckoned with on the Iberian peninsula. Perhaps never before had there been any tribe that was able to organize itself so well and with relatively outside interference. Nevertheless, Gallaeci senate knows that this is not all they are capable of. Their goal is clear: to be the protector of the Celt-Iberians and unite all of the Peninsula under their banner. The first step to this, of course, is to kick the imbecilic Carthaginians off the peninsula they had invaded.

With this goal in mind, the senate outlined a few obstacles that must be overcome:

1. The need of foreign assistance. In order for Gallaeci to be successful in kicking the Carthaginian out, they must have some diplomatic ties and allies. Having military access would allow them to move their troops about more freely and possibly utilizing their help in a wide conflict.

2. A decided edge in war. Gallaeci cannot match Carthage in raw manpower, but they can mitigate that downside with technological edge, tactical positioning, and well-timed conflict.

3. A large war chest. Wars are going to be costly. A large amount of gold might be required to finance a long-dragged out war. It would also allow a timely recruitment of mercenaries should Gallaeci run out of manpower in the war.

To accomplish goals, they decided to ally with their long time neighbour, Cantabri, who had always been friendly with them and would act as a protection to their flank. Goal 1 accomplished

752461.png
e78a6c.png

The newly acquired colony of Brigantia has no means of trade since it was Gallaeci's first foray into a landlocked province. To help the territory kickstart its economy, the inhabitants from the other three provinces severed some of their traditional trade routes to promote their inland brothers. Brigantia brings in a valuable commodity of stone that would help to strengthen the defence of their coastal neighbours.

6d3740.png
1008c1.png
83cc66.png

The colonization of Astures and Brigantia has not been easy.But after some initial remnant resistance, the barbarians in the area finally accepted the rule of Gallaeci and integrated into part of the rising society.

8c29fd.png
fe7221.png
969b7a.png
f96b28.png

The Gallaeci have their sights set on expelling the Carthaginians and research are under way to develop better technologies. Around this time, Gallaeci culture decided to take on a decidedly more form-oriented look for their buildings, making them more beautiful at the expense of the extended labour.Goal 2

91696f.png
74ca5f.png

On the religious front, the religious sect gained more following in the senate as the senate attempts to steer away from the civic-faction's domination. The rapid expansion since the coming of the republic had contributed to a deified image of the archon, who rules with the favour of the divine.

159185.png
79a5fb.png
c7727e.png

To finance the upcoming conflict, the Gallaeci senate built up a massive war chest over the next few years and patiently bid its time. Goal 3

8d9048.png

In the year 580 AUC, with the civil war freshly broken out in Carthage and war chest finally complete. The senate issued the bold and daring order: 'Conquer Lusitani!'

d23019.png

Lusitani was carefully selected due to its proximity to Gallaeci and isolation from the main body Carthage. Lusitani would be an easy province to hold and reinforce. The added bonus is that there are currently no active legions in the area, aside from a garrison force of 2000.

With the goals accomplished, Gallaeci needs a casus belli. An assassin is selected to kill some of the best generals in Carthage. Gallaeci hoped that this would make Carthage mad enough to give them a casus belli. After a couple of attempts, they were able to assassinate their most capable general and have the assassin publically caught and executed. This give the Gallaeci the casus belli to start a war.

535a5f.png
4279a3.png

In October of 580 AUC, the valiant Gallaeci declared war upon Carthage and their army marched straight to the city of Lusitani. The greatest war of Gallaeci Republic is about to begin...

Last edited:
I hope the republic is up to this war.

Last edited:
Chapter 11.5: Republic Battle Plan

The Republic has a simple battle plan: using the barbaric province at Vettones as a bottleneck for the Carthaginian army and a trap.

After consulting diplomatic relations, the only possible route of invasion over land for Carthage is marching through the province Turduli and Vettones to enter Gallaeci territory. The Egyptian, Tarraconensisian as well as Cantabrian territories act as natural barriers that cannot be crossed by Carthage. The main body of Gallaecian army is to attack and occupy Lusitani as quickly as possible and use the forward position as a staging ground for assaults. The rear provinces of Gallaicoi, Astures and Bracara, which are not immediately accessible (except Bracara I suppose) will act as recruitment grounds to quickly raise army, mercenary or otherwise, as soon as the size of the Carthaginian army is sighted and additional troops deem necessary.

The green circle highlight grounds for raising troops, possible land invasion route in red in the graphical sneak peek below:
e2ffa7.jpg

Vettones is currently a barbarian territory with decently high barbarian value. The land invasion will enter this province, with higher attrition and chance of barbarian strike to weaken the army. At this point, if Lusitani is taken the main army can move in to deliver a decisive blow to the Carthaginian army stuck in the wilderness.
233322.jpg

Should Lusitani fail to be taken by the time the army arrives, or if the army is too sizeable for the main Gallaecian force, the recruitment of additional troops will begin smoothly and coordinate a strike together with the main army. The variation of this is if the invading army decides to strike one of the other provinces instead, in which case the recruitment provinces will be adjusted. Barrier for Carthage is highlighted in white:
2d696e.jpg

Downside to this strategy is the naval vulnerability as the Gallaeci navy is fairly small. The risk analysis on this is considered low, however, since the main army in Iberia will prefer to move through land and rarely would use navy as transport unless absolutely. The possible naval force would be coming from North Africa, which might be a problem but the initial phase of battle should not involve them, yet.

Once the initial army is defeated, Belli is designated as a possible target for capture as it would be isolated and almost impossible for Carthage to reinforce. If battle goes well some other Carthage's Iberian provinces may be captured.

The war will happen tonight!

Chapter 12: Drums of War

The Gallaecian army marched directly to Lusitani and laid sieged to the city, as per battle plan drawn up by the high general. Their forward position also served as an outpost to sight any naval movements.

On March 1, 581 AUC, the Carthaginian fleet was sighted sailing towards Gallaicoi, consisting of three trireme and possibly troops. The Gallaeci quickly scrambled their fleet, commanded by the military genius, Luxinius Leukid, to intercept them.

06c5fe.png

Though equal in strength, the republican fleet proved to be much more advanced, equipped with naval archers and trained rowers. The technological edge combined with Luxinius' extraordinary military sense proved too much for the Carthaginians and they were defeated with ease, destroying one with minimal damage to the fleet. A game of cat and mouse ensued on the high seas as Luxinius was ordered to ensure the fleet destroyed to secure naval superiority. In the end they were able to catch up with Carthaginian fleet and capturing 1 ship in the process. The initial engagement has been an success! The Gallaecians control the ocean, for now.

1542e4.png
6ff609.png
35c67c.png
0dbb73.png

Lusitani was captured in April of that year. The Gallaecians rejoiced at their luck. Everything had gone according to plan so far and they even managed to captured the coveted city without sighting any ground army!

7d2feb.png

Lusitani will not give up their territory so easily and the senate knew that they will need to make further progress to ensure their capitulation. They secured military access rights from Luggones so they can move through their territory without trespassing barbaric lands.

912eeb.png

Gallaecian army made preparations to traverse through friendly territories to capture the rest of the Carthaginian territory on the peninsula. The Carthaginian army, 9000 strong, was sighted in June moving towards Astures. The Gallaeci marched their army to intercept them. This is a smaller force than expected.

849d17.png

Suddenly, the news came that Carthaginian force is under attack by the local barbarians. The trap had sprung! The Gallaeci immediately changed course and leap into action. This is a golden opportunity to attack!

9457d2.png

More to come later. The game was played last night but too busy at work today to update. The rest will be updated later tonight. Some crazy stories upcoming

Damn it NC! Leaving us of on a cliffhanger! Now I have to wait for more of your excellent updates! :p

What is that request down in the left-hand corner and who is it from?

Chapter 12.1: War Drums, part 2

The Gallaecians arrived just as the Carthaginians fought off the barbarians. Having to face a new threat so soon after an exhausted fight was too much for the Carthaginian army and though they fought valiantly, they were broken and forced to flee. The Gallaecian senate immediately ordered the pursuit of them and, unsatisfied with the army's performance despite ambushing their exhausted enemy with numerical advantage, recalled the army general Caraunios and switched him with the proven Luxinius instead.

4dc2c2.png

Luxinius made immediate impact and proved that he is both a capable admiral and a general, he inflicted heavy damage upon Carthaginians while sustaining minimal losses, taking full advantage of their technological edge.

a1b1c2.png
75dbf9.png

On the new year's eve of that year, the Carthaginian army was finally hunted down and destroyed.

964726.png

Carthage had just suffered two major setbacks courtesy of Luxinius, losing their fleet and their scouting army. Luxinius is not a man who sits upon his laurels. He knows that he must act fast while the enemy is still back on their heels and cannot afford to have them regroup and realizing that they should start taking this small nation seriously. Wheeling his army south, he marched directly for the heartland of Carthaginian Iberia.

5db233.png

Meanwhile, Gallaeci took this time to repair their damaged and captured ships. The ships were outfitted with the new archer platforms to improve their offensive capabilities.

791b37.png

Looking south, Gallaeci quickly realized that they need to close the Pillars of Hercules that would provide easy access for the Carthaginians to move their North Africa army, where the bulk of their army are believed to be, to the Iberian Peninsula. Diplomatic missions are immediately sent out to the Mauretanian League and Paesuri to secure military access where they can resupply their navy while monitoring the strait. The fleet are still scheduled to be under repairs until around April, however, before they can be fuly repaired and sent out again.

8670ad.png

April 582 AUC, as the Gallaecian army finally arrives in Turduli, the Carthaginian reinforcements are finally sighted as they are gathering their strength again. Luxinius sent immediate orders to engage the enemy while they sent a dispatch back to Gallaicoi to alert the fleets to mobilize. They have been taking too long and the strait must be closed before it's too late!

8f2110.png
c4a8ae.png
d9f180.png

Their fear is confirmed, the Carthaginians have been using the strait to transport their units across to the peninsula. The fleet immediately move into action and captured the strategic crossing to prevent even larger Carthaginians legions from crossing. Meanwhile, Luxinius has to deal with a couple of armies that had made their way across. The army intercepted one army as it attempts to move through Luggones' territory and managed to inflict large amount of damage. But the other legion is moving unobstructed towards Gallaeci as Luxinius is busy dealing with the first.The senate had finally accepted Luggones' constant begging of alliance earlier in the year, and felt that this is the perfect time to call upon its allies.

b01ea0.png
0760fc.png

Unfortunately, both Cantabri and Luggones ignored the plea for call to arms. Despite outnumbered and without help, Luxinius fought brilliantly and attempted to corner one of the Carthaginian army, inflicting large amount of damage as it does so but Carthage seems to be able to slip out of his grip whenever he felt he has the upper hand.

006d94.png
1d2dfe.png
c2231b.png
e2239e.png

Following four months of chasing his enemy around southern Iberia. Luxinius had a moment of epiphany one day and decided to try something unconventional. He realized that his enemy is always regrouping a day or two before he arrives to engage them. Following their latest victory, he broke his army up in two and sent the faster calvary units ahead of them to intercept the retreating army before they have a chance to regroup.

266030.png
709be3.png

The plan worked flawlessly. The cavalry would intercept the enemy as they attempt to set up camp and catching them at low morale while the infantries would catch up a few day later to flank them. The result was a bloody massacre of the Carthage army.

91df68.png
fbfa02.png
a4b724.png

They still had another problem on their hand: the second Carthage army is still on its way into Gallaeci. The senate had worked its diplomatic wires relentlessly. Capitalizing on years of good relations with Cantabri and the eagerness of Cantabri wanting to be back as an ally of Gallaeci, having regretted their initial decision, in April of 583 Cantabri entered the war on the side of Gallaeci, just in time to intercept the advancing Carthage army.

bb557f.png

The Gallaeci further benefited from a sudden Barbarian incursion right into the path of Carthage, which routed their army after their engagement with Cantabri.

b148c8.png

The tide of battle had turned. The small Gallaecian fleet had done its job blockading the all important strait. With Cantabri on their side, they were able to smash the remainder of the Carthage's Iberian army and start capturing some key cities. They also used this war as a learning experience to improve upon their existing military system.

75fbfc.png
75fbfc.png
d7162a.png
3955b1.png
f1cd22.png
dfb693.png

By August of 584, they have eliminated all Carthage presense in Iberia and had practical control of Carthage's Iberian territories. As it turned out, the war was determined very early on by the very first action of the war: the destruction of the Carthaginian fleet. It had practically eliminated all naval presence for Carthage and this had resulted in Gallaeci's domination, being able to seal off the only path for Carthage to reinforce Iberia with their massive army. Without their army, Gallaeci and Cantabri were about to eliminate pockets of troops and exert effective control over the peninsula.

Despite controlling the peninsula, Carthage is very reluctant to cede anything other than maybe Lusitani. Gallaeci began to look south...is there a way they could possibly convince Carthage to give them more of their peninsula back?

Chapter 12.2: War Drums, Epilogue

The Gallaecian ambition to recover more of the Iberian Peninsula was brief. On January of 585, during a loss of concentration the Gallaecian navy blockading the strait failed to see a fleet of 11 ships that Carthage had newly built approached them from the east. By the time the admiral reacted, it was too late, the navy was heavily outnumbered and Carthage smashed through the blockade. Fearing that the the opened a strait would mean a quick domination by the Carthaginians now that the route is open, the Gallaeci came to a quick truce and took Lusitani in negotiations. The Carthaginians had just been attacked by Egyptians and is likewise eager for a truce. The Gallaeci had survived its first war against a major power and came out ahead.

The people celebrated in the streets. This is a moment of coming of age for their nation.

The senate, meanwhile, gathered and met. They have heard of some of the atrocities committed by the Egyptians in Olissipo to the south and they had just attacked and conquered the tribe of Paesuri. The recent victory had given the elated sense that they are the protector of the Celt-Iberians who are being repressed from all around them.

The senate voted on a decree to liberate the Olissipoans from the Egyptians. This will be a even greater challenge than before.

abe3c6.png