• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brandenburg III

A Smooth Operator
25 Badges
Jun 22, 2007
  • Lead and Gold
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • The Kings Crusade
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
Before I get started here’s my stats and what I have planned:

Mod: spl’s American Enhancement Mod 1.2 which can be found here
Very Hard with Normal Aggressiveness
Lucky nations are random.

The mod goes to 1881 but I’m only playing until the end of the Revolution.

I only have one rule for the game: I can’t make peace with Great Britain until at least 1779 unless I can obtain a positive peace. Therefore, even if I’m getting crushed I can’t white peace out or cede territory. With that said the Revolutionary War could turn out disastrous and I could lose a lot of land. I should mention here that much of my territory (and that of Britain) is without forts and they have a larger manpower pool from which to draw.

Updates will be released twice a week.

Lastly, I’m taking the term “Artistic License” to new heights so if things seem a bit odd, or a-historical even before the game's start, know that I have to make a story fit somehow. It isn’t easy melding reality with fiction but I’m doing what I can with what I know.

Any and all pictures I use are allowed by Paradox forum rules, fall under Fair Use and/or Public Domain. If you find something that states otherwise let me know as soon as possible and I’ll remove the offending image but I’m confident in my research.

Lastly all images have been resized after the first two chapters. So if the 'Book' was too large for you it'll become clearer by Chapter 3.

ild83a.jpg

Chapter 1: Proving Their Worth

Chapter 2: October 1776

Chapter 3: Washington, Gates and the Frozen War

Chapter 4: The Stolen Election of 1777

Chapter 5: War in Winter
Chapter 6: Committing Quebec
Chapter 7: Revolutionary Steps

Last edited:
asd21593: Its good to have you along. I hope I don’t disappoint.

To all:

I've noticed a few mistakes already in the first update. The most difficult part about doing this is that it isn't easy going back to fix them. Perhaps if I find mistakes in the future I'll try to even them out sometime during the week, or at least by the time this AAR is through. I do have confidence that as time goes on, the mistakes will become fewer and fewer; after all, I'll have an entire week to work it all out.

Last edited:
Grondo: Thanks Grondo. When it seems like everything has been done its hard coming up with something new. Although I'm sure someone at some point did this too.

demokratickid: Again, thanks. I’m not too happy with chapters 6 & 7 as I feel they’re inferior to the prior chapters. I attribute it to my procrastinating nature. I’m going to do what I can during the week so I’m not researching, writing, finding, pasting and publishing all on one day. That’s how the first chapter became so jumbled.

Last edited:
demokratickid: Again, thanks. I’m not too happy with chapters 6 & 7 as I feel they’re inferior to the prior chapters. I attribute it to my procrastinating nature. I’m going to do what I can during the week so I’m not researching, writing, finding, pasting and publishing all on one day. That’s how the first chapter became so jumbled.

Pffft.... It's just fine! Don't be so har on yourself, I quite liked these chapters! :D

Wow, really cool AAR. Can't wait to see America's future.

demokratickid: My biggest problem is that I’m not big on my writing. I absolutely hate reading things I’ve written unless a lot of time has passed. As you implied, I’m sure its fine but I see points where it could be better.

spl: I wasn’t advertising it anywhere. Up until yesterday I declined to comment on comments (I mentioned so in my first post) and a few days before Grondo posted, I wasn’t allowing any comments at all (excepting the asd one near the start.) I was curious to see how well an AAR would do without any publicity from the author and without comments beefing up the views.

As for my fate, I’m hoping those Quebec regiments hurry up and join the fight because if they won’t, I’m going to have problems. Also my southern area isn’t that well protected with Amherst going along the border regions and Cornwallis sweeping behind Arnold.

I’ll be looking forward to the changes.

rocky43
: Thanks. Right now I’m just hoping to get out of the war without losing any provinces. So far I have secured Quebec’s help but they haven’t done anything at all in the way of helping me. If I can get out of the war without losing any colonies/provinces I’ll consider it a win.

To all: If you haven't noticed, I am permitting and responding to comments now (although from now on I'll only give my responses on Wednesdays and the day I release the update) so if you want to comment, feel free.

demokratickid: My biggest problem is that I’m not big on my writing. I absolutely hate reading things I’ve written unless a lot of time has passed. As you implied, I’m sure its fine but I see points where it could be better.

I'm the same way about m writing, and I'm sure there are points that can be fixed, but in the end you have to shrug it off and be proud of what you've done on these forums with your many AARs! :D