The Results are In! - Virtual House of Commons Election [Chain-of-Command Stream 10-12 June]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Addaway

Recruit
65 Badges
Jul 22, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Empire of Sin
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
electionforum.png

The results are in!

History Gaming Verified and DystopianAlphaOmega have been duly elected to serve as members of (virtual) parliament for the Paradox Forums Constituency.

We'll be in touch with the winners - thank you to all who took part!

You can see the full info for the event here

--

The Candidate shortlist and their Election Addresses

History Gaming Verified

Gday fellow history gamers (and developers),

My name is History Gaming Verified and I would love to join the Virtual House of Commons as a voice of reason, respect and utter crazyness, depending on my mood and blood alcohol level, while dropping tidbits of historical advice and amusing facts all over the place. As the historical researcher of the ULTRA mod and someone who has beaten the hardest AI regularly, but is just gaining his first experiences as MP player I would bet that I'd be a pretty unorthodox addition to house who might come up with some unexpected ideas. And as you all know, gaining strategical surprise can be of great effect!

Anyway, vote! For me, preferably.

Thekatplays

I have played Hearts of Iron 4 since waking the tiger came out, since then i have accumulated more than 1500 hours, from this i have gotten 1/3rd of the achievements (my personal favourite One Empire). My experience with the game through first, and second hand experience (through YouTube), is why I believe i should get a seat in the house of commons, everyone's truly Thekatplays.

DragonChato846

Today, everyone reading this, is united to choose for people to lay the foundations for a better future. A cabinet must vote to decide the future of their country, and the people that are voting have to work together to decide the best for their nation, for their king and for their families! Today, I'm here to dedicate a few words that, if you listen to, you may understand the gravity of the situation.

A shadow is overwhelming Europe, it's the colossus that we once defeated, it's Germany, they are growing strong and really fast, and it seems that this dog is searching dead corpses to scavenge from. It wants to grow at any price. The cabinet has to unite together to fight back this colossus, because it seems that they have not learned their lesson yet... But who am I, to be judging and saying all of this? Well, I'm just a fellow citizen of this great empire where the sun never sets... I'm DragonChato846! I am a foreigner, a spanish one, with blood coming directly from Romania. Ypu may be thinking, why is a foreigner running for cabinet? Well, before continuing with what I was saying, I want to ask a better question, what is the meaning of being British? The answer is to be from the United Kingdom, and its name says it all, the UNITED KINGDOM, the UK is a union, a union made to be stringer together, not aprt, and I want to be part of that union to help it maintain its glory. I think that this cabinet needs a new vision of things, until now Britain has expanded towards every single direction on Earth as they control land in EVERY CONTINENT! And we have to stand up for the people and defend this country that our kings and queens have built! I have a different vision than other people, I myself put everything on top of the table and then debate the situation, is it worth to fight for? Or not? Other people in the cabinet are beasts who seek blood or birds that fly away from conflict, but that's not me, I don't have a position in these decisions, I am neutral at the beggining and after seeing every opportunity I choose. But under what judgement do I choose? Well, I have been a general of war, an experienced one if I may say so, I have over 1350 hours of experience! But I know my place, I know that there are many people that are much more experienced in this position and that should be here instead of me, but I have something that they don't have, I have feelings, I have guts and most importantly I have common sense. I care for my country, and I will fight until the sun sets on every island this country rules. I will be the man that will lead the minorities towards a new future, I willl be the man that will stop the war machine of Germany. I can't fight and kill every soldier that dares oppose our monarchy. But I will be the man that will make the UK the new democratic bastion that has to stop the threat of those who follow ideologies that are powered by war, lust, deaths and suffering. We have to liberate Europe from both Fascism and the threat of communism...

I as a man alone cannot change the UK by myself, but I trust that this cabbinet will do the best to protect democracy and our monarchy. When it comes to my experience, if you're wondering, I have both experience in winning larger battles with fewer resources and winning large battles with large resources. This 10-12 of June will be the dates that shall be remembered in history as a flag of the UK will be waving on top of the Reichstag and the Weimar republic will be reinstated under direct orders from London if they dare oppose us.

Brothers and sisters, we have to unite, not divide, we need to be clever and keep our heads in their places if there's a crisis. Citizens of the United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Northern Ireland together with everyone that is inside the commonwealth, we have to step up and reassert our status as the country where the sun never sets, the country that rules the waves and as the judges of Europe, because we will balance it as we have always done.

One last thing before I go, I have to remember that, in case of war, we have to care about our population before our economy or anything else. We have to protect our families and everyone around us. I'm happy to say that, in case of war, every soldier that would die, would be remembered, because everyone hears and knows that "The Great War was devastating" and that 20 million people died, and you have to remember, what would happen if tommorow you received a letter by the government saying that you're being drafted, and that is the last day you'd see your wife, your children and your friends alive. You'd go to somewhere in France or Germany where you'd try to stop a german offensive, and who knows what would happen, if maybe you'd die alone no one will ever hear what would be your story. A vote for me will ensure you that every choice that is done will be for the better of our people before the good of an economy or a government.

I'll say this here and now, and I'll repeat it forever with my hand in my heart:
"United forever, we shall never surrender.
Divided, a moment, we'll lose to our opponent"

RagnoStrangeros

I want to take part in the VHoC Elections because I was a big fan of Hearts of Iron IV ever since it was released in June 2016 and do not want to miss an opportunity like this to leave my mark on the history of HoI4.
I believe that if we as a community unite and work together, we will manage to achieve the glorious victory against the forces of Imperial Paradox, and install our flag in the heart of the Dev-lin, at the front of the conquered Platypustag!
So vote, and decide wisely! Your choice is what will matter in the end, and what might have the final say in the fate of this confrontation!
In the name of Democratic United Kommunity, we stand! (ʼ-ʼ)7

DystopianAlphaOmega

Storm clouds are gathering and the winds of war are blowing through old Europe once more. Across the world new and terrifying totalitarian regimes have risen, seeking to choke the human spirit and extinguish the light of liberty which we have guided on this Earth. In Germany, tales abound of plotters preparing the way for the return of the mad Kaiser whose recklessness caused the last Great War.

We require a great leader to prevail against this darkness and lead the world into the great sunlit uplands of a new age. The last war taught us that Britain is more than just an empire, it is the heart and head of a great imperial family. In order to prevail, it is my firm conviction that we must move towards closer Imperial Integration and perhaps even Federation so that all the might of the Anglosphere may be brought to bear on the sinister forces conspiring in the world.

Our Kingdom has stood for a thousand years, and for a thousand years we have safeguarded the balance of power in Europe. We must not falter or doubt. The world is a tragedy to those that feel, but a comedy to those that think. And while the decades to come will no doubt be filled with tragedies, so too will the famous British stoicism and stiff upper lip carry us through once more. We are the nation that defeated the great tyrants of every era. From Phillip II, to Napoleon Bonaparte, to Kaiser Willy the last time he got uppity. As MP for the Southeast Northlands of the forum, I would embody these ideals. Long live Britain, long live the Empire, God save the King!

Robbiethegamer

With around 1400 hours of play time in Hearts of Iron IV, I know a decent amount of how to play. I've played dozens of player versus player games in the past few years with both friends and strangers and thus I think I'm qualified to represent you in this time of crisis, but none of that is relevant.

A spectre is haunting Paradox - the spectre of communityism. All the developers of old Paradox have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Coder and Producer, Shultays and Enfield, British Youtubers and Swedish Mods.

Where is the player in opposition that has not been decried as communityistic by its opponents in power? Where is the player that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communityism, against the more advanced opposition player, as well as against its boot-licking adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Communityism is already acknowledged by Paradox to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that Communityists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Spectre of Communityism with a manifesto of the party itself.

The history of all hitherto existing vidya is the history of class struggles.

MLG and noob, Pro-gamer and casual, EA and paypigs, player and developer, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

HotDogGuy

I am an avid player of hoi4 and a somewhat experience modder. I've worked for End of a New Beginning and some mods of my own.

Farquarsen

1900 hours of game time playing the US, UK, Japan because those countries have navies. I have a very good understanding of how to prevent naval invasions, how to execute naval invasions, how to employ submarines, destroyers, carriers, and heavy surface ships.

I am also a good companion who does not harass but leads others to the correct and wining ways. I also know how to run tests on HOI Iv to figure out what has been nerfed, what is OP and what works even though it may not be historically or plausibly accurate.

How to Vote

Voting has closed.

Voting will close at 1400 CEST on Saturday 6th June.

Attachments

• ElectionDay.png
    ElectionDay.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Boo I've never heard of any of them before, where are the candidates the people want?

• 4Like
Reactions:
@Hjalfnar from History Gaming Verified has my vote! (unbiased of course ;) )

• 1Like
Reactions:
DystopianAlphaOmega is my screen name for Discord and HOI IV MP.

Boo I've never heard of any of them before, where are the candidates the people want?

Such an insult! Were these older days I would be compelled to challenge you to a duel of honour, but thankfully for you we live in more enlightened times.
;)

To be honest, the short nomination period/limited advertising probably left some potential candidates out.

That said, now that I’m a politician, I can’t resist the urge to shamelessly plug that, in addition to my largely RP campaign speech, I’ve been playing the game since launch, have over 1680 hours on record (many in MP or MP “lobby simulator”), and even 2 MP AAR’s to my name (see signature).

I’ve been a member of the forums since 2010 and lurking in the shadows from even before. I’ve long posted on the suggestion forum and even succeeded in getting Nicaragua’s flag changed to no longer have a crown by default. I’ve also posted content like memes/fan facts/fan art for some of the EU dev clashes.

So when you go to the polls, think determination, think Integrity, think DystopianAlphaOmega!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
DystopianAlphaOmega is my screen name for Discord and HOI IV MP.

Such an insult! Were these older days I would be compelled to challenge you to a duel of honour, but thankfully for you we live in more enlightened times
;)

To be honest, the short nomination period/limited advertising probably left some potential candidates out.

That said, now that I’m a politician, I can’t resist the urge to shamelessly plug that, in addition to my largely RP campaign speech, I’ve been playing the game since launch, have over 1680 hours on record (many in MP or MP“lobby simulator”), and even 2 MP AAR’s to my name (see signature).

I’ve been a member of the forums since 2010 and lurking in the shadows from even before. I’ve long posted on the suggestion forum and even succeeded in getting Nicaragua’s flag changed to no longer have a crown by default. I’ve also posted content like memes/fan facts/fan art for some of the EU dev clashes.

So when you go to the polls, think determination, think Integrity, think DystopianAlphaOmega!
Well, just knowing who one of these candidates is by their forum name is enough to give you my vote, but I really wanted secret master, and I don't recognize any of the candidates here as being secret master.

Reactions:
Hey guys, I am History Gaming Verified on Youtube. Hardcore HoI3 fan who only with MtG begrudgingly converted to HoI4 and now helps to develop the awesome ULTRA mod. My speciality is general knowledge of military history from the ancient times to WW2 and somewhat beyond that. Recently I have dug so deep into Japanese tanks for the mod that I fear I might have caused 2020 by accidentally summoning an Oni. Awfully sorry for the mess.

• 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I need to look through and find the guys that claim they don't have to build military factories or weapons and support equip to defeat China as Japan. Those guys surely should go in this! Let's see if they can do it without cheat codes and mods.

I need to look through and find the guys that claim they don't have to build military factories or weapons and support equip to defeat China as Japan. Those guys surely should go in this! Let's see if they can do it without cheat codes and mods.

Well to be fair they’d just be bossing around subtly influencing the Youtubers actually fighting the good fight.

Also has anyone else noticed in the advertisement, the English says to “crack the code” and the German roughly says “the code rules over everything else.”? Got to love the little puns and Easter eggs they put in.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The results are in!

History Gaming Verified and DystopianAlphaOmega have been duly elected to serve as members of (virtual) parliament for the Paradox Forums Constituency.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, looks like being at the top of the list really does provide a tangible benefit.

Edit: Also, since I am over 10% of your voting base @Eric The Red 33 , I expect to be represented properly.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The results are in!

Thank-you to all my loyal supporters.

A great victory for the people! It may appear I represent a rotten pocket borough given the numbers, but a win is a win, and once you are in the HoC a seat is a seat and a vote is a vote!

Well, looks like being at the top of the list really does provide a tangible benefit.

Edit: Also, since I am over 10% of your voting base @Eric The Red 33 , I expect to be represented properly.

I will endeavour my utmost to carry your hopes and confidence to the halls of Westminster. There is no substitute for victory. God save the King!

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Same here, cool guy from Celle...
Oh come on, you know that I now live in Hannover! xD That's why I wanted to come to the Konvent, wanted my title changed...

• 1Like
Reactions:
So my good constituents, a brief update from Westminster.

The House has rapidly divided into two main factions, The Commonwealth First Party (CFP) and the Sootyite Party. Abortive attempts to form an anti-imperialist/explicitly communist party failed. (Also note, no real party names were allowed).

The CFP, led by The King's Dragoon of Flintshire supports Imperial Federation, Global Defence, and a principled foreign policy (anti-appeasement), and pro-tea. I joined this faction early and been appointed its Secretary for Communications. My riding is Epping Forest.

The Sootyites led by Indyclone77 are more socially-oriented, support building up industry, are more moderate/split on appeasement, are mostly against Imperial Federation, and pro-fish and chips shops

Both parties are "broad tent" coalitions (for instance some Sootyites are more amenable to Imperial Federation but not before industry, which many in the CFP are amenable to and other Sootyites are more against appeasement). Surprisingly, many of the anti-imperialists joined the CFP since they were against appeasement and in favour of Global Defence and could compromise on the Empire, and since a greater portion of the Sootyites were in favour of throwing the anti-imperialist communists out of the House (both parties had such members though. Several shoes were thrown across the floor of the House, thankfully calmer minds and cooler heads prevailed and order was restored).

There are still a small number of neutrals and cross-benchers, but for now the CFP have the advantage (including a bare majority for PM votes where the ministers cannot vote).

Voting is ongoing for Prime Minister. Taureor (CFP-endorsed) and PrussianPrince (Sootyite-endorsed) are literally in a dead heat, 14-14. Party whips are scrambling to make sure everyone votes. Mordred Viking seems to have secured the support from both and the House to be First Lord of the Admiralty. He had some initial support for PM as well, but it began to fall off as parties made formal endorsements and the two-horse race began to emerge. FeedbackGaming did not make a maiden speech to the House and appears to be voting for PrussianPrince for PM.

@Addaway Has been providing some good rule-setting/moderation where necessary/taking suggestions as the esteemed Speaker of the House.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As a constituent, I must make it known that defence of the Suez is of the upmost important to me, as well as maintaining a continued presence in the Pacific to defend trade lanes there. We cannot lose control of the world's commerce.

Also if I had known that non democratic initiatives were allowed I would absolutely demand a full corgi cabinet and nothing can dissuade me from this position.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
As a constituent, I must make it known that defence of the Suez is of the upmost important to me, as well as maintaining a continued presence in the Pacific to defend trade lanes there. We cannot lose control of the world's commerce.

Also if I had known that non democratic initiatives were allowed I would absolutely demand a full corgi cabinet and nothing can dissuade me from this position.

Both parties are fairly committed to at least maintaining and defending the current empire. Our main threat is of course Germany in the North Sea, but that doesn’t mean neglecting other theatres.

Freedom is mandatory. Countries that do not produce domestic freedom will have it exported to them. :cool: But more seriously, rules are we have to go “Steady as she goes” and stay democratic (reasoned as otherwise we would be abolishing ourselves, RIP King’s Party Corgis) and Germany has to go “Revive the Kaiserreich”. We can't make the advertising poster a liar after all!

Also Taureor is now firmly in the lead with the PM vote 18-15.

Edit: Sorry for the confusion. The nascent anti-imperialists wanted to push for decolonization and were communist in rhetoric/favoured allying the Soviets, and for RP purposes establishing a republic(!) but not actually going communist, which of course wasn’t allowed. The Sootyites also have anti-revisionism as part of their party platform, but are similarly officially democratic.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: