• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

99KingHigh

Supercilious Ivy League High Tory
71 Badges
Aug 29, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
Greetings readers, and welcome to my third AAR. This one shall be modeled differently then my previous ones, in that it will cover more then one nation, with the primary goal of restoring every possible monarchy to its rightful place throughout Kaissereich games, taking a historical and hopefully, a enjoyable perspective to all readers. So without further or due, I present to you, Part 1:

7vu2.png

Imperador é mais uma vez

Brazil:

Prologue
Chapter I: The Road to August
Chapter II: Consolidating of Power
Chapter III: Vengeance and Reconciliation
Chapter IV: Glória, Ouro, Guerra, Coroas e venezuelanos
Chapter V: Revolução!
[URL="http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?720767-The-Restoration-Series-Kaissereich-Series&p=16277979&viewfull=1#post16277979"]Chapter VI: The Constitution

Chapter VII: The Great Southern War (I)
Chapter VIII: The Great Southern War (II)
Chapter IX: Imperador é mais uma vez

[/URL]

Last edited:
Viva o Império do Brazil!

I'm Brazilian and approve this AAR!

Over multiple games? This is pretty much a whole series of underdog challenges! Let me see if I can guess a few of 'em...

Brazil is tough to win as without the Phalanstre strengthening your economy, in my experience... The civil war can be crippling if the Second Army defects.

And then you have the National France (Bonaparte or Bourbon?) and Canada, which take pretty significant effort to not only overcome the Internationale, but Mitteleuropa as well if you want to take all of France back.

Russia's the easy one... Serbia and the rest of the Balkan Pact have royalist options, though...

There is a way to bring a non-Hapsburg king back to Italy, I recall. I think it involves collapsing the Social Republic and reunifying peacefully. That might be an interesting one to read, if you're doing that.

I think the Hohenzollerns are already in their "rightful place," but the Hapsburgs have to unify the A-H Empire, right?

Does von Sternberg's Mongolia technically need to conquer Eurasia to claim its sovereign's rightful place on Earth? I don't think I've seen many AARs with that!

The Qing, Tian/Shanqing, Fengtien and... the other factions in the west probably all have claims to China, eh?

Eh, I'm rambling. I'm interested, needless to say - you're already doing something rarely seen around here by playing as right-wing Brazil (or... any South American nation in KR)!

Prologue​

In 1492, the Spanish Fleet under Cristoforo Colombo made a startling discovery while in expedition for a Eastern Trade Route to the Indian nations. While obviously the most important single discovery in the history of mankind, the perspective of its consequences are usually viewed through the eyes of the great Spanish Empire that wrestled domination of Central and South America. While the King's of Spain would dominate South and Central America, their Iberian neighbors would give birth to the largest nation in South America, and eventually, the world.

On the 22nd of April, 1500, Pedro Álvares Cabral, a Portuguese Noblemen and Explorer, landed near the Monte Pascoal and claimed the territory for King Manuel of Portugal. After exchanging pleasantries with the natives, Pedro declared "Brazil" a Portuguese colony, and set a border with the Spanish in accordance to the Treaty of Tordesillas. For nearly fifty years after the lands discovery, it remained relatively silent and unvisited, until Tomé de Sousa, developed a official government on the coast, effectively becoming the First Governor of the Colony. Accompanied by several Jesuits from the mainland, Sousa and his colonists began the construction of the first city, Salvador, which would become its capital upon completion. After the completion of the city, Brazil rapidly expanded into a massive territory, with a second major city being developed by Mem de Sá, called Rio de Janeiro in 1565. Despite the apparent success of the colony, Brazil lacked the gold and silver the crown was in search of, becoming a agricultural center. Soon enough, Brazil was wealthier then the most prosperous Spanish Mining industries, as the crop rotation of sugar dominated its trade, eventually becoming the most important colonial export. In correspondence to such a essential agricultural development, slave laborers were imported into Brazil in mass numbers to assist in the production of the crop. Excluding the United States and some Caribbean colonies, Brazil was one of the most slave populated area's in the world, providing effective labor for the state.

Tomé de Sousa, First Governor-General of Brazil​

vd4l.jpg

The prosperous condition of Brazil also made it attractive to foreign nations, such as the Dutch, attempting incursions into the colony, and even at one point, committing a full-sack and occupation of Salvador. With a rising colonial Empire, the Netherlands eventually came to control vast portions of the North-Eastern Brazilian colony, only withdrawing in 1654 after a Portuguese supported revolt was staged. Such victories allowed the Iberian Nation to restore control of its colony, investing new revenue into inland expeditions that concluded with the discovery of gold. As a result, a massive gold rush was triggered within inland Brazil, with the mineral becoming the major economic activity throughout the 18th century, leading to the development of central Brazil. Immigrants in vast quantities also led to the colonization of the south, and the solidification of Portuguese rule within Brazil, despite some colonial resistance. In 1807, under invasion from Napoleonic French and Spanish forces, the Portugese Royal Family fled to Brazil, which became the effective capital of the Portuguese Empire. During the Congress of Vienna, Prince Jao, the effective ruler of Portugal, content with his life in the colony, elevated the title of the Portuguese Monarch to include the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves, maintaining that all parts of the title sustained administrative independence. The Royal Family was eventually forced to return home in the wake of a liberal revolution, leaving the Brazilian State with significant autonomy in the absence of Royal Authority.

The Portuguese Royal Family flees to Brazil
1ah7.jpg

Prince Pedro of Portugal, son to Jao, was a staunch supporter of Brazil and represented its right of relative autonomy in the Empire amidst the Portuguese Nobility. Pedro, who governed Brazil, was openly mocked by the legislative Portuguese body, the Cortes, that desired to return Brazil to the status of a colony. Pedro refused to tolerate such a act, and instead launched a independence war against his motherland, in pursuit of forming a independent Brazilian Empire. The war ended in 1823, with the coronation of Pedro as Emperor Dom Pedro I of Brazil. Only three years later, upon the death of his mother, Pedro became the effective King of Portugal, but abdicated the throne in favor of his daughter, Maria II. Maria would not reign long, for Pedro's youngest brother, Miguel, a Absolutist and Reactionary seized the Portuguese throne in 1828. Pedro in response abdicated the Imperial Throne and returned to Portugal to fight against his brother. The Imperial Crown was then given to the youngest son of Pedro I, his son, Pedro II. The Emperor was only six years of age upon the assumption of the crown, but was a clear intellect and quick learner. His ability in his educational studies convinced his regency and the nobility of Brazil to declare Pedro of age at 14.

Dom Pedro I declares the establishment of the Empire
ox8j.jpg

The end of the divided regency that had ruled over Pedro II ushered in stability through the Empire, and consolidated his reign. As such, he ruled as a firm yet benevolent ruler, guiding Brazil for over 58 years. A staunch abolitionist and
intellect, Pedro was able to remodel the Brazilian army into a capable fighting force, defeating two coalitions of South American nations, and expanding Brazil to its largest extent. Not only was the Emperor a great intellect and strategist, but a patron of the arts, embracing a Renaissance of culture and introducing it into a divided social structure. In 1889, sick and exhausted, and having passed through the abolition of slavery in the 1880s, Dom Pedro II, while favored amongst the people, lost his throne to the wealthy traders and land-owners, who pressured the army into throwing a coup d'état and declaring a Republic.

Dom Pedro II in his old age

ov3.png

The Republic was to be in many ways, more aristocratic then its predecessor, with the institution of a landed-oligarchy. Plagued by economic turmoil and discontent, the Brazilian Republic saw itself nearly dominated by the landowners. For example, 400 Great Aristocratic Landowners, owned more then 100,000 more kilometers of land then 400,000 smaller farms. Such differences in the social structure of the Republic created a feudal like system, until a string of strong conservative governments were able to restore economic balance to the nation. By the outbreak of World War I, the Brazilian state at modernized to a western extent, and achieved a lucrative export trade with Europe. Despite strong relations with the Entente, Brazil remained neutral throughout the war, but was able to profit from the influx of immigrants and the increased production demand across the globe. Such prosperous years created a strong and prosperous proletariat, which existed until the economic crisis of 1934.

Deodoro da Fonseca, First President of the First Brazilian Republic
rrlw.jpg

Such a crisis emerged from the ignition of the Great Southern American War, when the First Republic intervened on Bolivia's side. Despite a successful early war, the Argentinian forces counter-attacked and broke the Brazilian Army. With their forces in total dispensary, and the Argentinian Army in pursuit, the Republic sued for peace. The humiliating defeat brought the First Republic to the brink of destruction, with old social issues now bubbling to the surface. The proletariat, discontent with the landed oligarchy that has promoted stability for half a century, have united under the Brazilian Workers Confederation, the first syndicalist party in Brazil. With nationalist and populist beliefs now arising to counter the threat of Syndicalism, and the army divided, emergency elections have been called to save the nation from destruction. Can they?

Ah yes, nice opening. Looking forward to seeing the return of S.M.I. Dom Pedro III de Orléans e Bragança, Constitutional Emperor and Perpetual Defender of Brazil

Now, all semi-seriousness aside, I wonder if the minor monarchies we've never seen would play the restoration game, aka Morocco, Laos, Cambodia and (possibly) Vietnam (releaseable from Germany), and if you could mod in other monarchies like Burundi, Rwanda and Burma.

Last edited:
Well, I'm all open for suggestions. Though I am about as useful in modding as a dead cat.

I recommend forming the Central African Empire and placing Jean Bedel Boukassa on the throne.

Hello everyone, I am currently engulfed in a tad bit of real life today, so the next part will not be starting until some school work is cleared up. In the mean time, I have compiled a list of the possible nations I would like to play, though I have interests in diversifying that list. If you have the time and the ambition with some modding experience, please contact me via PM.

Can you restore the Georgian monarchy?