• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright, I think you guys deserve a good post and since I don't have any of my posting material with me right now... you get an impromptu intermission! Later on, I will have material that relates to something, but for now... Enjoy!

Intermission

Cast: Joseph Bech, Luxemburg Commandos, The Sergeant, The Private, The New Aide, Pierre Dupong, Sir Andrew, cthulhu

Early 1936

Luxemburg Army Training Grounds

Since January 1st, the Luxemburg army had been training through bitter cold and bitter cool and bitter warm and bitter hot and bitter comfortably warm with a touch of humidity. Ok, so the weather wasn't really that bitter all the time. So here they were on this date, Something Somethingth, 1936. And they're training... sort of.

The calm of the morning was broken as the Sergeant bellowed the marching cadence.

"I don't know what I've been told!"

Everyone else followed.

"I don't know what I've been told!"

The Sergeant continued.

Um... The Sergeant continues.

Ok, so maybe that wasn't the marching cadence.

"Fall in!" screamed the Sergeant. The resident banshees grabbed some ear plugs.

"Must you be so... painful?" whined the Private.

"YES!"

"Oh, alright."

"Actually, I find his voice to be somewhat soothing," volunteered someone else.

"WHAT!? Who are you!?!?" inquired the Sergeant.

"Sir Andrew... sir," said Sir Andrew.

"OH!? So we're drafting knights these days!?"

"Drafting? No, I joined on my own."

"Ha! Why would a knight want to join the infantry??"

"Infantry? Oh! My mistake, I thought this was Basket Weaving 101. I guess I'll be going now."

Sir Andrew began to walk off but the basket he had been weaving got caught on the hand of the Sergeant.

"No. I'm afraid you're mine now. Fall in!"

Sir Andrew and the rest of the recruits got in formation. It was a peculiar formation, nothing like the straight, orderly lines you'd expect from an infantry division.

"Alright!" hollered the Sergeant. "Let's pick up where we left off yesterday. Everyone have their basket?"

Paris, France

The Luxemburg Commandos crept around back of a well known café in Paris called, Café of Paris, The Well Known One. They were pretty sure they'd found the right one. Plus, when they stopped to ask for directions at the gas station, the clerk pointed them in this direction.

So here they were creeping around the Café of Paris, The Well Known One, wondering why it was in English, and drawing unwanted attention. After all, if you try to creep around a well known café in Paris in commando attire in the middle of the day, you're going to attract attention.

cthulhu was quietly sipping his Popular French Drink in the Café of Paris, The Well Known One, with his laptop, reading communiqués he was receiving from some silly writer sitting in a lawn chair in Luxemburg when suddenly- ok, it wasn't so sudden- commandos from Luxemburg strolled in, admired the run-on sentence, and ordered a few drinks.

cthulhu knew why they were there. These drinks really are quite good. He also knew that he ought to consider changing his name to something that is slightly easier to remember how to spell. He also knew that they were busy walking over to him.

"cthulhu, we are commandos from Luxemburg on order to bring you back... you traitor."

cthulhu gulped, this didn't look good. "Um... heh... well, do you mind if I finish my drink, at least?"

The commandos looked at each other, then took off the night vision goggles their country hadn't invented yet. Surprisingly enough, they could see much better now. After they stared at each other for quite a few minutes, they each nodded and the leader responded.

"Ok."

cthulhu made sure he drank very slowly. He also made sure to make full use of the free refills. He had been twice excused for... natural purposes when the commandos were tired of waiting.

"Alright, cthulhu! How long is this drink going to last!?"

The commandos looked a little sinister since they had put their night vision goggles back on. When the sun went down they realized the goggles worked much better and were now enjoying the goggles very much.

"For quite a long time, I hope"

The commandos considered this for a moment and decided they'd had enough waiting, they were going to act.

Luxemburg, Luxemburg

"Sir, we have a report from the commandos you sent to retrieve cthulhu."

Bech smiled, "And?"

"Sir, they've decided to stay with him."

Bech's smile faded, "Figures."

"Sir?"

"Leave me, please. I'm going to go weep quietly to myself in the corner."

"As you wish, sir."

The New Aide walked out just as Pierre was walking in. Pierre took one look at Bech and decided now wasn't the time to tell him that Norbert Dumont had moved to France. Instead, Pierre went to the army training grounds to find this knight in the infantry everyone had been talking about. Besides, he could always use a new basket.

Last edited:
Cast: Joseph Bech, The New Aide

July 18th, 1936

"War, sir."

"What's that?"

"Well, when two countries decide that they have exhausted their diplomatic means-"

Bech cut off his aide, "Yes, yes, yes, I know that much."

"Well, sometimes I don't know, sir."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" snapped Bech.

The New Aide formulated a quick reply, "I'm foolish sometimes, sir."

Bech nodded in approval. "Carry on."

How he can approve of his aide being foolish is something I leave to you to figure out...

"Spain is having a bit of a tiff with itself, sir. Germans, Italians, and Russians are all flocking to Spain."

"Well, we should too! We'd better hurry if we want good seats!"

Bech's excitement was doused by the sound of his aide's hand loudly smacking his forehead.

"What was that for??" inquired Bech earnestly.

"We're not going to Spain... sir." The aide's patience was obviously wearing thin.

"Oh, well... I suppose I'll take a bath then."

"Very good, sir."

Last edited:
Cast: Joseph Bech, The New Aide

August 3rd, 1936

"Come in!"

Bech's aide opened the door and was astonished at what he found.

"I liked my bath so much... I decided to stay."

The Aide blinked. "You've been there for... 2 weeks!"

"I quite like it."

The Aide was overwhelmed. "Italy annexed Ethiopia," he said and quickly walked back out.

Very nice, very nice. LONG LIVE LUXEMBURG!!!

Sorry, I'm feeling a wee bit uncreative these days. Hopefully, I'll beat the writer's block soon. I have a post almost ready, but it just doesn't seem very funny to me so I'm going to give it another look tomorrow then I'll post it. So big ol' small update on Wednesday, I hope. Thanks for reading!

This is grreat, i didnt know the Monty Python Guys went to Luxem-whatever.

CvM

Another impromptu post, I'm afraid. But I think it's a good one. Enjoy!

Intermission, Pt. 2

Cast: Joseph Bech, Pierre Dupong, The New Aide

August 10th, 1936

"It would seem to me that nobody knows how to spell our country's name."

Pierre thought about this for a minute and replied, "I believe you are right, Joseph." Pierre shook his head. "What an ill informed bunch we are."

Bech searched his papers as if he was looking for something. Perhaps he just likes searching his papers, after all, he was very pleased when he got them.

"I see you've got some papers there, Joseph. Very nice," complimented Pierre. "But I thought we didn't have an economy that could support that sort of thing."

Bech comforted Pierre with a smile. "No worries, Pierre. Viking Office Products gave me a good deal. Plus, I bought in bulk."

"Oh... right." Pierre was slightly confused as to how this helped the matter.

"You know, I could've sworn I read somewhere that it is spelled Luxemburg. I double and triple checked my Hearts of Iron game files to make sure I had it right." Bech seemed a little more flustered than usual.

"Hearts of Iron? Game files? What in blazes are you talking about, Joseph??"

"Oh! Right, I suppose you wouldn't know, would you? No matter."

This reply did not make Pierre feel any better. As Pierre decided how he would reply, Bech's Aide rushed in.

"Sir! *huff huff* I just finished my research!"

"And?"

"According to a search I did on Google.com, it is generally accepted that it is spelled Luxembourg."

"Hmm... I could've sworn I saw it spelled without that controversial 'o'!"

"Yes! But then, I concluded my search with a stop at Dictionary.com. It has it spelled both ways!"

Pierre stood up. "That's it! I have no bloody idea what you two are talking about! I'm going home!"

Bech and the Aide watched Pierre walk out. Pierre closed the door behind him and Bech and the Aide both shrugged.

"Brilliant! Bloody brilliant! So it's solved."

"I should hope so, sir."

"You know, I just thought of something."

"Yes, sir?"

"Do Luxemburgers say 'bloody'?"

"Good question. Oh, and Monty Python arrived this morning."

"Wonderful! I love those guys."

From outside, Pierre shouted at them, "They're not even born yet!!!"

Bech and the Aide looked at each other and shrugged again. Bech leaned over to the Aide.

"Sheesh, what's his problem?"

Last edited:
Bad news

Bad news, everyone. My hard drive is dying fast. I've got a lot of irreplaceable stuff on it that I was dumb enough not to back up so I'm going to be a bit preoccupied for a bit trying to save it. I'm going to try my hardest to save the Luxemburg history file so I can continue the AAR.

Thanks everyone for reading, I hope to have this back up and running shortly.

Oh No!!! Your Luxemburg AAR was great! Well let's hope you can save that file! But then again, I'm pretty sure how it would have ended though. Unless you inteded to vote right a lot and become part of the Axis or something crazy like that.

Good news

Good news everyone. I was able to back up my history file and my post file. They're now residing on a CD where I know they won't mysteriously disappear. So the Luxemburg AAR will live on! :D :D :D

I don't know how long it'll be before I post again, but you can rest assured that I will post again.

Luxemburg will live on forever!!! Well, a few years, at least. :)

Thanks everyone for reading. It brings a tear to my eye to know I have loyal readers. :)

Heretic: I know exactly what's going to happen, as it's already happened. The point is, none of you do, and I'm going not going to spoil the suspense and storyline by telling you the ending. Patience. :)

One thing I can say though, is that this is probably going to be the longest Luxemburg you've read. :)

Once again, thanks for reading everyone. I'm glad you're all enjoying it. I'll post an update as soon as I have time.

It musta been a sneaky German sneak attack on your hard drive to demoralize the Luxemburgians ..... Luxembourians .......Luxinians?