[The Resistance] Statistics and General Discussion Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Introduced my dorms friends to The Resistance and they absolutely love it. We've been playing it live a bunch. It's a lot of fun but people make such sub-optimal choices it drives me crazy sometimes... It's made me want to recreate another one of our online games because honestly the standard of play here is really quite high. Sadly, I still don't know how to get over the "everything takes forever" issue besides maybe playing it live on discord

I would be ok with doing it on discord if I had access to the discord.

The secret to Resistance is playing it high so that nobody is actually competent and everything sounds suspicious.

I would be ok with doing it on discord if I had access to the discord.

Here you go! https://discord.gg/f8EyhxZ
It's a bit dead most of the time, but we do talk every now and then

The secret to Resistance is playing it high so that nobody is actually competent and everything sounds suspicious.

That sounds amazing and we almost did that :D Ended up only playing it drunk though, which was still all kinds of messed up, but very funny ha

I have introduced Resistance to a board game group I go to now and then and also run into the same problem. Nobody wants to deduce or analyse with any level of depth. It's still a good time but it gets put among the lighter fare when imo it has decent depth to it.

I am planning on hosting a live version. I think plot cards is best; I reckon I'll do one run-through of vanilla just to introduce the main concept, then add in plot cards.

I would also like to play a game here tho...it's been a while since you guys have played one, and I haven't played since 2015.
@Panzer Commader
@tamius23
@aedan777

Any interest?

@Falc dunno when the last time you were around was, but would be great to have you in one
@Cliges
@alxeu

Sorry if I'm spamming here and if you don't want to be tagged

I would be happy with GM'ing; I would likely be pretty sloppy as I haven't played in half a decade and I don't believe I ever hosted. But I could do it, and probably should if I'm gonna host one IRL.

I'd be up for it

Me too.

Okay so that's four people accounting for a GM, need a couple more ideally but I might stick the game up soon and see.

Panzer said he couldn't play full game but could play a discord game; I'd love to try a discord game some time

I'm up for a game. That makes 5, yes?

Okay so that's four people accounting for a GM, need a couple more ideally but I might stick the game up soon and see.

Panzer said he couldn't play full game but could play a discord game; I'd love to try a discord game some time
The toughest part of Discord games is trying to wrangle everyone together to be present at one time. But when they do happen they can be loads of fun.

I guess I'll put the thread up today. I was thinking plot cards but if you guys prefer avalon or whatever idm. Have we ever tried any of the newer expansions?

BTW I hosted it live and it was a riot, so pleasantly surprised, even though everyone was absolutely terrible and the spies won all 3 games.

I guess I'll put the thread up today. I was thinking plot cards but if you guys prefer avalon or whatever idm. Have we ever tried any of the newer expansions?

BTW I hosted it live and it was a riot, so pleasantly surprised, even though everyone was absolutely terrible and the spies won all 3 games.
I don't mind trying something new but I prefer plot cards over Avalon.

New game is up

I was thinking about putting one up this Saturday. I'd be up for playing as well. Maybe we can snag a couple people who showed up for the WW big like @Cliges or @madchemist