• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, game just isn't that interesting yet. Until there's a sabotage or a card that tells someone's role, it's pretty sterile.

*Voted*

Since proposal #5 is basically the same team as the last team, it's basically about who do I trust more, Panzer and Aedan. And I really don't trust either, so might as well get this team going.

Mission 2, Proposal 3 New
The team of Ironhide G1, randakar, alxeu, and PanzerCorps was ACCEPTED 7-1:

Approve: alxeu, Ironhide G1, PanzerCorps, marty99, EUROO7, Inawordyes, randakar
Reject: aedan777

Leadership passes to @PanzerCorps

Leader Order:
EUROO7
Inawordyes
-Take Responsibility
randakar
marty99
alxeu
Ironhide G1
PanzerCorps **Current Leader**
aedan777
-Opinion Maker

Mission results to follow....

The mission was a SUCCESS with 0 sabotages. There have been 2 successful missions and 0 failed missions.

Mission 3

PanzerCorps is the leader. They have the following cards to pass out:

Strong Leader
Overheard
Conversation

Once they have passed out the cards, they may propose a 4-player team for the 3rd mission.

Well, there seems to be an obvious team proposal Panzer should go ahead and make since this one wasn't sabotaged.

If we want to be double-sure about SL going to a good guy, Panzer can pass OC to Ironhide, Randy, or I, and have us check one of our neighbors. If we confirm they're clear, we can pass SL to them.

Well, there seems to be an obvious team proposal Panzer should go ahead and make since this one wasn't sabotaged.

If we want to be double-sure about SL going to a good guy, Panzer can pass OC to Ironhide, Randy, or I, and have us check one of our neighbors. If we confirm they're clear, we can pass SL to them.

Is that actually how it works - can we resolve OC before handing out SL?

If so that does sound like a great plan.

In either case, I have trouble imagining a spy not sabotaging after 2 missions (unless there were 2 spies on the first mission from the start). It has happened before but it does feel at the moment like the resistance has gotten very lucky and passed only cleared teams so far, which might make this game a cakewalk in retrospect. We'll see but in the meantime

- Hand Overheard Conversation to alxeu

Not sure on the tactics of checking Ironhide (fellow team member) vs Marty (unproven third party). I can see pros and cons to both so I'll leave it up to you

Is that actually how it works - can we resolve OC before handing out SL?
Yes. Cards are distributed one at a time and resolved as passed out.

First thoughts:

The same team will presumably end up being proposed. If that's 4 resistance members, then we win. Great.

But we may as well plan for the eventuality of this proposal being sabotaged.

I find it highly unlikely any of alxeu, Ironhide or randakar would not sabotage this time if they were spies, and certainly not if they're still the lone spy.
But there is very good reason for Panzer to let the mission approve as a spy.

If there is the possibility of exactly one spy on this team, it is far more likely to be Panzer than any other

For this reason I am also extremely suspicious of his move to instantly give Overheard Conversation to Alxeu, where he cannot have his role revealed. If I were in his shoes, why not give it to Ironhide and let him check Panzer?

Why would we need to check my role if I'm not going to be on the next team and a win can happen now? Why check Ironhide rather than Panzer

This just feels extremely sus to me. Or if you're resistance Panzer, then this was a pretty precipitous move.

Alxeu, I suggest use the card on me.

First thoughts:

The same team will presumably end up being proposed. If that's 4 resistance members, then we win. Great.
Yep, these were pretty much my same thoughts.

But we may as well plan for the eventuality of this proposal being sabotaged.

I find it highly unlikely any of alxeu, Ironhide or randakar would not sabotage this time if they were spies, and certainly not if they're still the lone spy.
I agree, though I think that with 2 spies on the team that could still have happened.

But there is very good reason for Panzer to let the mission approve as a spy.
I disagree - there is 0 reason for me to support the mission as a lone spy. Best case scenario I get put on the same team again and sabotage this time (because I have no other choice) but the resistance has 1 more passed mission and 2 more plot cards.

If there is the possibility of exactly one spy on this team, it is far more likely to be Panzer than any other
While that makes sense as an initial feeling I don't think it actually holds up to scrutiny if you think about it. As mentioned above I would have 0 reason to let this mission pass, at least as a lone spy.

For this reason I am also extremely suspicious of his move to instantly give Overheard Conversation to Alxeu, where he cannot have his role revealed. If I were in his shoes, why not give it to Ironhide and let him check Panzer?

Why would we need to check my role if I'm not going to be on the next team and a win can happen now? Why check Ironhide rather than Panzer

This just feels extremely sus to me. Or if you're resistance Panzer, then this was a pretty precipitous move.
...This part however I do not argue :/ I did not really think it through, and kind of rushed out the card. I should have gotten myself checked, but I don't think it is a big deal either way. I was just thinking from my own perspective of "Who do I most want to get information on?"

Alxeu, I suggest use the card on me.
I am okay with this

The team of randakar, alxeu, and Ironhide G1 was APPROVRED 5-3:

Approve: marty99, randakar, alxeu, Ironhide G1, Inawordyes
Reject: PanzerCorp, EUROO7, aedan777

The team of Ironhide G1, randakar, alxeu, and PanzerCorps was ACCEPTED 7-1:

Approve: alxeu, Ironhide G1, PanzerCorps, marty99, EUROO7, Inawordyes, randakar
Reject: aedan777

Alright, so this is an interesting situation we have here. I am going to posit that this team has to include at least one spy, for the very simple fact that Panzar rejected the original 3-person proposal, leaving myself and Marty to agree on R1. I know that I'm resistance, so fmpov the game has to be solved if Iron/Dandy/Al/Panzer are resistance, right? But then what motive does spy!Marty have to accept the proposal? Other than the fact that he gets to be the one who starts Mission 2 and gives out cards, ofc

I know that I'm not cleared from the standpoint of any of you, but for me it cannot be a simple, cut-and-dry "yes, these are the resistance and the game is effectively over" deal. Marty denied the first two M1 proposals that were made, but only accepts this one so he can give out cards even though he's not included in the team? That is such an obvious powergrab for spy!Marty that I find it hard to believe that Marty would be that obvious if a spy. But if you believe that Marty perhaps is resistance, then while for everybody else it's an easy jump of the logic to then just go "well yeah, because Iawy is a spy and Marty is resistance", for me I very clearly know that I'm resistance, which means that, fmpov, one of the team M2 team has to be a spy mechanically if you believe in a worldstate where Marty is also resistance

EDIT: And I am lowkey believing in that world, so for me I do not trust just throwing this team back into the ringer to confirm an obvious sabotage that's going to happen because obviously it has to if the spies want to not insta-lose

Alright, so this is an interesting situation we have here. I am going to posit that this team has to include at least one spy, for the very simple fact that Panzar rejected the original 3-person proposal, leaving myself and Marty to agree on R1. I know that I'm resistance, so fmpov the game has to be solved if Iron/Dandy/Al/Panzer are resistance, right? But then what motive does spy!Marty have to accept the proposal? Other than the fact that he gets to be the one who starts Mission 2 and gives out cards, ofc

I know that I'm not cleared from the standpoint of any of you, but for me it cannot be a simple, cut-and-dry "yes, these are the resistance and the game is effectively over" deal. Marty denied the first two M1 proposals that were made, but only accepts this one so he can give out cards even though he's not included in the team? That is such an obvious powergrab for spy!Marty that I find it hard to believe that Marty would be that obvious if a spy. But if you believe that Marty perhaps is resistance, then while for everybody else it's an easy jump of the logic to then just go "well yeah, because Iawy is a spy and Marty is resistance", for me I very clearly know that I'm resistance, which means that, fmpov, one of the team M2 team has to be a spy mechanically if you believe in a worldstate where Marty is also resistance

EDIT: And I am lowkey believing in that world, so for me I do not trust just throwing this team back into the ringer to confirm an obvious sabotage that's going to happen because obviously it has to if the spies want to not insta-lose
I agree with all of this logically. Of course, if you are a spy, then you need to make a very persuasive argument to stop this same team. But you are doing it very well if that is the case.

It's just difficult to see a world where randy alxeu or Ironhide are lone spies. They could be trying some galaxy-brained move, but honestly sabotaging this proposal would have worked out just fine. I just don't see it. I find it far more likely there are two spies in there, than the possibility that one of alxeu, Ironhide or randy is a spy.
This is also why I don't want alxeu to use it on Ironhide. If one is a goodie likely both are, but there is a distant possibility both could be spies.

I agree with all of this logically. Of course, if you are a spy, then you need to make a very persuasive argument to stop this same team. But you are doing it very well if that is the case.

It's just difficult to see a world where randy alxeu or Ironhide are lone spies. They could be trying some galaxy-brained move, but honestly sabotaging this proposal would have worked out just fine. I just don't see it. I find it far more likely there are two spies in there, than the possibility that one of alxeu, Ironhide or randy is a spy.
This is also why I don't want alxeu to use it on Ironhide. If one is a goodie likely both are, but there is a distant possibility both could be spies.
Do you think it's unlikely because they let the mission succeed twice?

Because M2 was literally just "M1 + Panzer". If M1 succeeds but M2 fails, then all sus would go to Panzer whether deserved or not. Which makes me fall into the same thought pattern, except with the caveat that if there are two spies, one of them still has to be Panzer just because it will be less obvious on a M3 which one of them is truly a spy than it just making it look extremely likely that Panzer is after he is the only addition to a mission and it fails. A sabotage on M3 would immediately throw into question who but it lets Panzer assimilate in rather than be singled out.

That could be a solo-Panzer thing or a two-spies-one-of-which-is-Panzer thing, but regardless Panzer is almost-always a spy there, it's just then a question of if anybody else is besides Panzer

Do you think it's unlikely because they let the mission succeed twice?

Because M2 was literally just "M1 + Panzer". If M1 succeeds but M2 fails, then all sus would go to Panzer whether deserved or not. Which makes me fall into the same thought pattern, except with the caveat that if there are two spies, one of them still has to be Panzer just because it will be less obvious on a M3 which one of them is truly a spy than it just making it look extremely likely that Panzer is after he is the only addition to a mission and it fails. A sabotage on M3 would immediately throw into question who but it lets Panzer assimilate in rather than be singled out.

That could be a solo-Panzer thing or a two-spies-one-of-which-is-Panzer thing, but regardless Panzer is almost-always a spy there, it's just then a question of if anybody else is besides Panzer
Yes. I think of the trio of Ironhide, Alxeu and Randakar, it is highly unlikely that exactly one is a spy. Doubly so if Panzer is himself not a spy. At least relatively speaking.
It would look genius if they pull of a win from it, but it would basically be tantamount to trolling.

In short I think either Iron/Randy/alxeu are all clean, or we had two spies on the last mission (including Panzer). Probably.

Reactions:
Am using OC on Marty, I'll post again in here when I get a result.

Sorry for posting earlier and then disappearing all day. Was playing Rabbit and Steel, which is way too addicting for my own good.

Alrighty, Marty scanned as Resistance.

That's good news, honestly. Despite Marty not trusting me, I feel quite strongly currently that the Spy team is Aedan-Inaword-Euro.

I'm sorry for the short post, I have a lot more thoughts that I will share later when I have more time. But in the interest of keeping the game moving along:

Hand out Strong Leader to Randakar.

Propose a team of

Randakar
Alxeu
Ironhide

Panzer

Very quick reminder: Supporting the last mission just to sabotage this one would have literally 0 advantages for me if I were a spy.