• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

blklizard

Field Marshal
28 Badges
Mar 7, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Victoria 2
Hi, everyone! I'm blklizard and I will be writing about a game played by a friend. As much as I want to get this game, I don't think getting an addiction right now is a good idea. I know I'll get addicted. :p

The settings and race creation along with the gameplay decisions are all made by my friend so I have no say in how the overall story will progress. I will be getting screenshots from him and write a story from them. This will be narrative style story with some screenshots attached to the update. The setting is a small galaxy with everything else at default. The title might give an indication of what race we are using.

I will be starting with the background which hopefully won't take too long. Hopefully, I will only need a few chapters to set everything up. Be patient with me as this might take awhile to progress to the actual game itself.

Interesting concept to AAR someone else's game.

It's always interesting when that person has a different playstyle. In addition, you don't know what happens later on which makes things interesting for the writer too.

Prologue 1

The Cuban Missile Crisis was a 13-day confrontation between the United States and the Soviet Union that escalated into a full-scale nuclear war. The confrontation began with some nuclear missiles in Cuba and, with neither sides willing to back down as the negotiations broke down rapidly, one was fired from Cuba at United States. World War 3 was triggered and thus began the end of most living organisms on Earth.

This all began with Cuba's request for the Soviet leader, Nikita Khrushchev, to place nuclear missiles in Cuba to deter harassment of Cuba. This was the response to a CIA operation called the "Cuban project" and the assassination attempts on Castro. Khrushchev and Castro had a secret meeting where they discussed and made an agreement which ultimately sparked this crisis.

An American U-2 spy plane discovered evidence of the missile facilities which the Cubans built to house the nuclear missiles. To say the Americans were alarmed was an understatement given that the Soviet missiles were only 90 miles from Florida. The American government, under the Kennedy administration, responded with a naval blockade of Cuba and an ultimatum to the Soviets. The ultimatum demanded that no offensive weapons were to be delivered to Cuba and those already in Cuba dismantled and return to USSR immediately.

Long periods of tense negotiations failed as neither side could reach an agreement. When a miscommunication on the American side saw a few of their ships approaching Cuba, the Cubans responded by firing one of their missiles at Florida. The missile was intercepted but the Americans saw this as the intent for war. The United States declared war on Cuba shortly after by dropping nuclear missiles on Cuba and the Soviets would retaliate hours later.

With the world's two superpowers at war, the other nations of the world were forced to choose a side. However, this was no longer conventional warfare. With the birth of nuclear weapons, the nature of the war changed. In a much shorter time, nuclear missiles could result in much more destruction with both short-term and long-term effects. When war was declared, the two superpowers only thought about the short-term where they tried to inflict as much damage on the enemy as possible to limit their own losses.

World War 3 had begun and the human race would experience a nuclear warfare for the first time. Two were dropped in Japan during the Second World War and that had shocked the people. With new and improved nuclear missile built at the time of this crisis, the two superpowers were going all out by using all of their stockpiled nuclear weapons. The war would cause the death of a tenth of the world's population but the nuclear winter would see that number rise by several folds.

Despite all this, a miracle happened and some would survive all of this. This is their story.

Starting off with humanity nearly destroying themselves... I like it.

Subscribed!

OK so I see that it's BlkLizard and that's all the reason I need to subscribe!

I'm in!

Starting off with humanity nearly destroying themselves... I like it.

We need some motivation for space travel. :D

Subscribed!

Welcome! :)

Just going to sliiiiide in and subscribe to the thread.

Hopefully you can get comfy and enjoy the show. :)

Hello, just wanted to ask how to subscribe to this thread. This is my first post

As #TheAnguishedOne stated, you have subscribed to this post. Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy my AAR. :)

OK so I see that it's BlkLizard and that's all the reason I need to subscribe!

I'm in!

Long time no see! Glad you're onboard. :)

Too many interesting AAR on Stellaris.:p

I'm honored my AAR is considered one of them. Welcome! :)

Subscribed !

Welcome! :)

Prologue 2

General-lieutenant Vasily Voznyuk was visiting the 4th Soviet Missile Test Range, Kapustin Yar. At the end of World War II, the Soviet Union captured German scientists and their V2 rockets. The Soviets needed a facility for these scientists to work at, most of whom were kept against their will, and the site of Kapustin Yar was deep inside Soviet territory making it very easy to keep a secret while projects were being carried out.

The main intent of this site was the development of the Soviet Union's space program. In addition to beating the Americans to space, the scientists working at the site were also testing new aircraft, missiles and other weapon systems. Due to the need for secrecy of all of this, the town of Zhitkur, which was considered too close to the site, was leveled after it was emptied of its population. The site then became the most sensitive air base in the Soviet Union.

As soon as Vasily entered the base, he was notified of an unidentified objects which was picked up by one of the base's radar operators. The radar operator reported that similar sightings were seen in the past but none of those were this close to the base. Coincidentally, a fighter pilot was doing a test flight close to the base and he had the visual sighting of the unidentified object. The object was described to be silver and cigar-shaped and was blinding the fighter pilot with some sort of rays.

Fearing that the pilot might be under attack, Vasily gave the order for the man to engage the unidentified object. The orders for the pilot was very clear as he had authorization to shoot down the object. Vasily and several scientists then headed to the roof of the base where they watched the small skirmish from afar. The dogfight lasted for a few minutes before both the fighter and the object were seen falling from the skies. Vasily gave orders to the officers waiting behind him to retrieve both.

Soviet recovery teams gathered up the all the wreckage and, while the fighter pilot was pronounced dead at the scene, those aboard the object still showed signs of life. Everything was quickly transported to the air base where Vasily personally saw their delivery to the underground sections of the base. The man had a glimpse of the alien lifeforms and knew they had come across something incredible. The Soviets would soon become the dominant power of Earth once he learned the secrets of these aliens.

On October 28th of 1962, Vasily was ordered to return to Moscow following the declaration of war on the United States. The man was frustrated that he didn't have time to see the fruits of his hard work. They were coming close to major breakthroughs which could change the world forever. Yet, his loyalties were towards the Soviet Union so, if he was needed in the capital, he wouldn't hesitate. Yet, his plane crashed half an hour before reaching Moscow and the reports suggested that it was shot down by an unidentified object.

Sounds like some uplifted Soviets are on the way if they have an alien ship in their possession. Space is always in need of some communism. :p

Nice, I will be following this.:)

I'm gonna have to follow this!

A Soviet victory in a third World War is an interesting path, and that sudden alien apparition must be an advantage for them.

Ah, I see First Contact is happening much earlier than for most. I imagine that shakes up the status quo of WW3.