• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will those animations have an adverse impact on performance? Can we turn them off?
I can't imagine rendering a few more models on the map will affect performance in any way. The main performance issues in this game are CPU-based, from tracking thousands of characters. The DLC should, if anything, improve performance by killing off way more people.

Reactions:
Bloat for the bloat God!
Papa Nurgle welcomes you.

Will those animations have an adverse impact on performance?
I doubt it, it seems like a thing tat would put a strain on the graphics card rather than the CPU, and ck2 isn't exactly putting a lot of strain on the GPU.

Reactions:
I love the image and the title of the expansion.

Reactions:
Supernatural causes and solutions? Maybe the first use of Paradox “World of Darkness” license? Shall we witness the rule of the Children of Caine?

Reactions:
Eh.

Seems a bit underwhelming imho.

Reactions:
Why are you so set against Naval activities (of any kind)?

Pass (again).

Edit: Paraodox's PR machine is brilliant it must be said. You got (most of) 'em, boys and girls, hook, line and sinker. Congratulations but I'll keep my cash where it belongs for this old nag, thank you : )

Last edited:
Reactions:
Will there be an option to set the impact of plagues and such? I want complete desolation to take place in some regions in my games.

I think things will be tweakable in the patch. I distinctly recall seeing options to tweak plagues among other things...

Will we have a content pack released alongside the <Secret DLC>/The Reaper's Due?

I know it's superfluous, but I'm a big fan of the graphical DLC.

Reactions:
Why are you so set against Naval activities (of any kind)?

Pass (again).
They have explained that naval combat is a complex thing, and hard to do right this far into development of the game, so they will not put it in CK2. Just enjoy what you have and wait for CK3, that's what I do for China.

Reactions: