• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sigil

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
I've played so much BT that I've begun designing my own Flashpoints to challenge myself. In the process, I have found there is no mission, or series of missions, that I can create that can defeat a team that includes at least one PHX-1b. It's ability to jump vast distances and one-shot backstab even the heaviest 'Mechs in the game at the rate of one a round just breaks everything.

The best I have been able to do is to implement contracts, or a series of contracts, with either a Minimum 'Mech of tonnage of 60 or a Maximum 'Mech tonnage of 40.

Has anyone found a way to stop these monsters short of simply blacklisting them from the game?

You might want to try going in the opposite direction. Make a mission where you have to test how far you can push your PHX-1b alone vs some absurd number of enemies or some mission type where it needs to be in two places at once.

• 2Like
Reactions: