• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sliver Legion enters the Baar and takes a seat in the near empty room. She orders a scotch and pull a small novel out from her pocket. Upon questioning she replys that the book is the a newly begun AAR. Good news indeed to see a fresh author and AAR in this forum she states. After downing the scotch she stands to leave, but passes the novel to an interested bar patron. A description that she gave of the AAR is well writen with plenty of detail and screen shots a plenty to back them up.

My Suggestion

Best Regards, Sarah (S.L.)

Well it is that time again! The AARland Gazette is in the process of being written for your enjoyment! I have, as usual, written the first article. More will undoubtedly be forthcoming from my fellow editaars and contributors. Go and read it now!

Grahamule shakes his head, as if to wake up from a sleep.

"Ack, whenever I come to this site, it gives IE a visual runtime library error... and it's just this site. That's the reason I haven't been posting... Anyone know what to do?"

He dies again.

Morpheus responds,

"You seem to have done fine getting here now!" he jokes. Getting serious, he adds, "You could try downloading another browser, like Mozilla Firefox, too."

Indeed, download a real browser like opera or mozilla

coz1 braves the den of the EU1 private bAAR. He makes sure to side-step the barely covered holes that a certain diggAAR has left and makes his way to the counter

I was curious, gentlemen. Would anyone here be interested in writing a Gazette AARticle on the charms of EU1? Why it persist in being a game not only to play but to write on? What makes one stick with it rather than venturing onto EUII?

coz1 ducks as several bits of vegitable and other bAAR items come flying towards his head.

Just an idea. PM me if you have any interest. The next Gazette is slated for August 15th and we'd love to have your voice included.

He exits as he covers his head from further items lofted towards him for mentioning the dreaded EU2.

The baron enters the bAAR and glances around for a seat. After some searching he comes upon an empty one and addresses the remaining bar patrons. I'm not sure about this, but what if we were to invite the Eu2ers *prepares to burn a copy of Eu2 :D * at their local watering hole to come around here and read some of our AARs the do read similar to the Eu2 ones? *Ducks and runs for cover*

Morpheus takes a break from staring at the wall to turn and look at the Red Baron.

"I've never been averse to having the EUII-ers come around here in EUI-land. Hey, you never know if they'll be hit with a wave of nostalgia and be sucked back into EUI!"

Now, turning to Coz, he adds,

"I for one would love to do an AARticle like that, but unfortunately the one time I tried, it frankly sucked. I'm no good at writing things that don't somehow involve something burning down or being conquered."

Upon hearing what Morpheus 506 just said, Zuckergußgebäck turns to Morpheus:

- I cannot even write about burning things down or conquering...

Then he returns to sulking over his beer.

Cat walked in and looked around warily. He looked armed for battle - or at least he carried a shield. Cat had heard rumors about flying vegetable matter, and it so happened relations between his people and the EU1ers could be better.

After listening quietly for awhile he finally spoke up.

"I think it's a fine idea, myself. The only reason I can't play EU1 anymore is because my CD's in storage, otherwise I would definitely bring it out now and then. I remember it quite fondly...and after reading Baron's AAR, I have to say your maps are prettier. Plus, since we're covering the same genre and 80% of the mechanics come out the same, EU1 and EU2 have a lot more in common than with the other games. Finding ways to bring the two fan bases together can only help us all."

Morpheus speaks up from the corner of the bAAR--where, everyone is sure, he wasn't a moment ago.

"A central bAAR, eh? Do elaborate, or point us in the direction of a helpful thread, if you would!" :)

Billy Bob walks in overhearing Morpheus' comment and he elaborates.

Well the central baar is a place where Vicky players and HOi players can reccomend aar's from all the paradox games. That means we have a chance of turning EU2er's into EU1er's. So I can reccomend your Sibir aar to EU2er's HOIer's, and Vickyer's. By the way we need names for the other 3 games.

Valdemar uncloaks in the most quiet place in AARland..

"A central bAAR because all waterholes are drying up... as to the recommendations... I belive that it has been possible to recommend cross overs a looong time now"

Status
Not open for further replies.