• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So what will the AAR be about if the world is already nicely divided into blocks of influence?

And yes,
August von Ranke, Der Weltgesichte III.
This guy sounds like a moron. Germany did seek supremacy both in Europe and in the World. Germany wanted to be #1 in everything, much like United States is today.

String said:
Very nice. I see you are utilizing that finnish alternate history project. Are you by any chance one of the creators or participants in that project??

I have an agreement with the author to use his material, i´ll add a disclaimer about that. Too bad that I can´t post a direct link since his sites contains swastikas.

Hey!

The theme of your AAR sounds like the one we are using for a
new Mod-Project. Its some kind of alternative Cold War/Modern Day -Setting.
Maybee you could help a little bit? :)

Look here for more information:
The Following War

kami888 said:
So what will the AAR be about if the world is already nicely divided into blocks of influence?

And yes,

This guy sounds like a moron. Germany did seek supremacy both in Europe and in the World. Germany wanted to be #1 in everything, much like United States is today.

I agree, but since he is a historian in an totalitarian society he wisely follows the official dogma. The material of this AAR is mostly propagandistic and written in the style of old Soviet shoolbooks, naturally favouring the viewpoint of the winners.

Being completely truthful here: I am literally a week or two from starting an AAR along virtually the same lines as yours (ie: Nazi Germany after a longer world war with more nukes). I'll have to change a bit of what I've modded already, but if you notice a lot of similaritys I promise now I won't be plagiarising. Promise.

Interesting start, I'm assuming the AAR will begin during a 3-way cold war.

Michaeru said:
German space program, german atomic weapons and ICBMs in in late 40s? Hell yes.

The bomb produced by the Virus House wasn´t much more than a dirty bomb (but nevertheless had an immense propaganda value), and ICBM:s didin´t really appear to German arsenal until much later. And no dates have been mentioned so far of the space program, that was also initiated much later in the 1950´s.

kami888 said:

And yes,

It's a fictional book. August von Ranke is a fictional character, and I suppose he's writing history the way the NSDAP of the 1980's wants to be written...

Karelian said:
The bomb produced by the Virus House wasn´t much more than a dirty bomb (but nevertheless had an immense propaganda value), and ICBM:s didin´t really appear to German arsenal until much later. And no dates have been mentioned so far of the space program, that was also initiated much later in the 1950´s.

Ah, well. Anyway, the premise to see it alone is intresting.

Spacehusky said:
Awesome! I have a question, does this have any inspiration from a game you've played, or is it pure fan fiction?

I ended up with pretty similar results in my last German game played with TRP, and once Total Realism Project, being my favourite mod at the moment, publishes TRP v0.9 I´ll add the ingame screenshots of the game where I aim to reach similar outcome and add events for the Peace of Zürich, the Conference of Vienna and a series of events conserning the internal developement of the Reich and Reichskomissariats road towards "independence."

Most of the material seen above relies on the work of mr. Sampsa Rydman and an earlier Finnish book titled "Hiljaisuuden Vangit" (Prisoners of Silence), both describing very similar timeline than described here. But since all texts have so far been only avainable in Finnish, I agreed to translate them so I could use them as my own backround material.